PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dean,

olevetonahill
6/14/2012, 10:32 AM
If you sold these folks any hay , Hope ya got paid fer it.:sneakiness:

http://news.yahoo.com/okla-horse-ranch-cartel-case-raised-suspicions-221524454--spt.html

C&CDean
6/14/2012, 01:11 PM
They payed in cashish.

Actually kinda scary thinking the Zetas are operating just down the street.

olevetonahill
6/14/2012, 01:49 PM
They payed in cashish.

Actually kinda scary thinking the Zetas are operating just down the street.

What I were thinkin
Be careful My brother, If ya need an ex grunt to pull guard led me know.

The Profit
6/14/2012, 02:36 PM
I'll join Vet if he promises to bring some sippin whiskey

olevetonahill
6/14/2012, 02:38 PM
I'll join Vet if he promises to bring some sippin whiskey
Can have that AFTER we go off guard duty

Chuck Bao
6/14/2012, 06:02 PM
What's the old saying?...something like "the only people to make money on quarter horses are those who profit off the rich people who own/buy the horses".

That article is a bit misleading. I've known quite a few rich people who bought quarter horse ranches in Northern Texas and Southern Oklahoma just for the tax write-off. In other words, those really rich people didn't really care if they lost a lot of money.

I do know that there is a big difference between laundering cartel drug money and using a legitimate tax write-off. And, I wouldn't want a family member of a Mexican drug cartel as my neighbor, even if they were significantly boosting the local economy and the horse trade business for several states.

I just hope the prosecutors in Texas have a lot better grasp on the case than the writer of that article. I think the US Fed and the IRS closely watches big transfers of money. But I suppose that the news story wouldn't be nearly as interesting as losing a lot of money on a horse farm in Lexington Oklahoma with the only potential pay-off being an off-chance win in Ruidoso Downs in New Mexico. I have cousins that have been there and done that, errrr not.

C&CDean
6/15/2012, 09:14 AM
There's a guy who works with me who is from Mexico. He's been here maybe 3-4 years. I told him about it and he goes "Zeta muy malo, bad hombres. Back to Mexico, no bueno here."

I guess these boys like to leave heads in buckets and crap like that.

KantoSooner
6/15/2012, 10:00 AM
Okay, I'll explain this one more time for those who missed the first rant.

1. Take a decommissioned Marine Amphibious Assault Ship. Why? It'll be virtually untraceable. seriously. We've got so many derelict ships hanging around various parking lots on both coasts that you could get one and no one would notice. And it provides massive internal space for cells and support facilities. In event of untoward interest, the whole thing can be scuttled without major loss.

2. Tow it to one of the 3,000 or so unnamed attolls South of Johnston in the mid-Pacific. US territory. Designate it a bombing range.

3. Anchor the sucker there.

4. Garrison with a select crew of about 40 guys. Selected for the ability to keep their damn mouths shut.

5. Take all your Gitmo type folks and move them there.

6. Start vacuuming up cartel types. Send them there, too.

7. Interrogate at leisure.

8. When they fail to provide anything new or interesting, attach a couple of links of anchor chain to hands and feet, take a brisk launch ride out to where the water goes blue and tip 'em over the gunnel.

Do this for several years and your issues with such people come to an end. Until you begin dealing with them seriously, don't complain.

Chuck Bao
6/15/2012, 12:08 PM
I just supposed that the last two posts by Dean and Kanto (two people I respect very much) means that our hard fought freedom is already lost.

delhalew
6/15/2012, 12:13 PM
When did we give up the right to defend ourselves against foreign threats?

Chuck Bao
6/15/2012, 06:22 PM
When did we give up the right to defend ourselves against foreign threats?

I'm sorry that I didn't catch that part. Were the owners of the horse farm foreign nationals? Foreign nationals losing a lot of money on a horse farm in Oklahoma with no other source of income should raise a lot of red flags with various federal agencies.

On the other hand, I know a dozen or so examples of listed Thai companies buying US companies and each time it was a complete and utter failure within only a few years. When I would interview the management of the take-over company, it was abundantly clear that their ego was too big, no matter how hard they tried to rationalize it, and I would produce a SELL rating on their stock. Sometimes incredibly smart people are the most stupid of all. Asians are very competitive in their own environment, not so much outside. In other words, I suppose that there are quite a few red flags and foreign nationals losing money in the US.

cleller
6/16/2012, 09:26 AM
I've wondered for a while whether the Mexico-type violence would get established in far south US. So far, I guess it hasn't. Their money laundering network in the US is well established, though. They might realize it is in their best interests to keep the violence on our side of the border to a minimum.

The ghost of Teddy Roosevelt would have a plan of action.

Breadburner
6/16/2012, 10:22 AM
I just supposed that the last two posts by Dean and Kanto (two people I respect very much) means that our hard fought freedom is already lost.

Have you fallin and hit your head....???

Chuck Bao
6/17/2012, 02:02 PM
Have you fallin and hit your head....???

When I posted that, we hadn't yet determined whether these are legitimate and legal American citizens with their supposedly entitled constitutional rights or not.

May be I did fall and hit my head. My great, great, great granddaddy was supposedly a horse thief and was reported hung by a vigilantly bunch during the civil war because he supplied cows to the other side. I don't know if any of that is actually true.

And, I'm not really sure we really know in this case. I know that I wouldn't like any rush to judgment in my case. Okay, I probably did fall on my head more than a few times.

olevetonahill
6/17/2012, 05:34 PM
When I posted that, we hadn't yet determined whether these are legitimate and legal American citizens with their supposedly entitled constitutional rights or not.

May be I did fall and hit my head. My great, great, great granddaddy was supposedly a horse thief and was reported hung by a vigilantly bunch during the civil war because he supplied cows to the other side. I don't know if any of that is actually true.

And, I'm not really sure we really know in this case. I know that I wouldn't like any rush to judgment in my case. Okay, I probably did fall on my head more than a few times.

Im like Chuck
We dont have a drankin Prob. We drank we get Durnk we Fall down and hit our heads

No Problem