PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowherd: USC and OU are the only two teams who have a chance to be undefeated.

agoo758
6/12/2012, 09:00 PM
Heard it on espn radio today, so no link. I respect his opinion more than most, and figured this was worth a mention.

Collier11
6/12/2012, 09:16 PM
Isnt he the same one who said that "the apple doesnt fall far from the tree" comparing AD to his Dad when he was in prison, I dont respect the guy much at all

Eielson
6/12/2012, 09:38 PM
Has he never heard of Boise State?

Sabanball
6/12/2012, 10:30 PM
Agree w/ him about SC. Only decent opponent they have is Oregon and they have them @ home this yr. With that and their preseason starting point in the polls look for them to be in the BCSCG against LSU.

agoo758
6/12/2012, 10:44 PM
Has he never heard of Boise State?

I think he met teams whose hardest games are not "clemson on a neutral field".

LVSOONER15
6/13/2012, 07:31 AM
I've liked cowterd as well. SC would probably have to go through the ducks twice.

JLEW1818
6/13/2012, 09:54 AM
They will lose a trap game just like 2008

marfacowboy
6/13/2012, 10:21 AM
We have a chance. A very favorable schedule and no pressure. Then again, we've done nothing recently that merits saying we'll finish undefeated. Bama opens with Michigan and plays LSU in Baton Rouge, but I think they have the Tigers number. I'm not picking against them as long as Saban's around.

Blue
6/13/2012, 11:12 AM
Cowherd is the biggest dooshrocket on the radio, imo.

BoomerJ
6/13/2012, 11:27 AM
dooshrocket for sure. I would listen to him some when living in Nashville. I recall him dissing OU on occasion. No bid deal there, because his show is him expressing who he thinks will win or whose overrated. It's his opinion even if he's wrong. What got me is when he referred to OU fans as "Bad People". He has always seemed to be a USC homer. I've known a few pretty cool USC fans, but in general I know that our fan bases are pretty much night and day in terms of respectful. That changed my opinion of him for sure.

marfacowboy
6/13/2012, 11:55 AM
dooshrocket for sure. I would listen to him some when living in Nashville. I recall him dissing OU on occasion. No bid deal there, because his show is him expressing who he thinks will win or whose overrated. It's his opinion even if he's wrong. What got me is when he referred to OU fans as "Bad People". He has always seemed to be a USC homer. I've known a few pretty cool USC fans, but in general I know that our fan bases are pretty much night and day in terms of respectful. That changed my opinion of him for sure.

USC and OU are night and day from almost every perspective, except for having outstanding football programs. It's a private, urban school (ironically in what's practically a ghetto) for a bunch of snotty rich kids.

badger
6/13/2012, 01:32 PM
I've liked cowterd as well. SC would probably have to go through the ducks twice.

Pac12, B1G, SEC, ACC: Let's have a conference championship game, even if it might knock one of our teams outta the national title discussion!

Money: I'm talking and idiots are listening!

marfacowboy
6/13/2012, 01:54 PM
Pac12, B1G, SEC, ACC: Let's have a conference championship game, even if it might knock one of our teams outta the national title discussion!

Money: I'm talking and idiots are listening!

I'm not a fan of these things unless your conference is so big you need divisions, and therefore cannot be avoided. It's a big money maker for the schools and conference, but I bet the coaches don't care for it. Seems to me we should be able to work out a four to six team playoff within the bowl system that includes an at-large team or perhaps even two. A smaller versionof what we do in basketball.
Pretty soon, we'll have 14 or 15 games.

KantoSooner
6/14/2012, 09:10 AM
absolutely that's the way to go. And no bowl would be a loser out of the deal.
Oh well, it's logical, therefore it'll never happen.

ashley
6/15/2012, 08:30 PM
He is the best guy on the radio.