PDA

View Full Version : Golden Nugget has posted college football lines.

BigTip
6/11/2012, 03:18 PM
The Golden Nugget sports book in Vegas likes to do this to get some publicity I think. I always think I will jump on these very early games and make a fortune, but I never do.

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=277577

They have a few schools too. Of course they have us!

Oklahoma

-14.5 vs. Kansas State
-5.5 vs. Texas - at Dallas
-11 vs. Notre Dame
-17 vs. Baylor
-4 at West Virginia
-8 vs. Oklahoma State
-9.5 at TCU

KantoSooner
6/11/2012, 03:52 PM
Colorado v. USC, heh. 34 points.

And, an intriguing one to me: ND favored by 5 over Stanford? That one might be worth a tenner or so.

Tear Down This Wall
6/11/2012, 04:23 PM
Guess they're not betting on Baylor having turned the corner and being competitive annually.

This shakes out about like the "Whom do we fear" thread - West Virginia is the only one Vegas thinks will get within 5.5 of us.

Lott's Bandana
6/11/2012, 04:33 PM
They also think suc is two points better than us v. the domers.

BigTip
6/11/2012, 05:53 PM
How about us given junior 8? That's a pretty big swing from last year's results. I wonder how much of these early lines are based just on who's who. "Sure Oklahoma can beat OSU by eight. They're Oklahoma for gawd's sake!"

Salt City Sooner
6/11/2012, 07:49 PM
How about us given junior 8? That's a pretty big swing from last year's results. I wonder how much of these early lines are based just on who's who. "Sure Oklahoma can beat OSU by eight. They're Oklahoma for gawd's sake!"
Might be due in part to the fact that Gundy has yet to give us anything resembling a competitive game in Norman. That 27-0 blanking they took from the '09 M.A.S.H. unit we were fielding by that time of the year is as close as they've come.

8timechamps
6/11/2012, 08:06 PM
The Golden Nugget sports book in Vegas likes to do this to get some publicity I think. I always think I will jump on these very early games and make a fortune, but I never do.

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=277577

They have a few schools too. Of course they have us!

Oklahoma

-14.5 vs. Kansas State
-5.5 vs. Texas - at Dallas
-11 vs. Notre Dame
-17 vs. Baylor
-4 at West Virginia
-8 vs. Oklahoma State
-9.5 at TCU

The weird thing is, that it looks about right, and we're nowhere near the start of the season. The only one that is kind of surprising is the Baylor line.

KantoSooner
6/12/2012, 08:47 AM
Why would that be surprising? They lose RG3 and have to break in a new QB. Then they also, more than likely, don't get the incredible tips, bounces etc that contributed to their victory last season.
Finally, Mike probably won't inexplicably stop blitzing, which was working, in the second half.

8timechamps
6/12/2012, 03:32 PM
Why would that be surprising? They lose RG3 and have to break in a new QB. Then they also, more than likely, don't get the incredible tips, bounces etc that contributed to their victory last season.
Finally, Mike probably won't inexplicably stop blitzing, which was working, in the second half.

Don't forget, I added "kinda".

I don't think Baylor will be the team they were last year, as there is just no way you lose your Heisman winning QB and pro WR and maintain the same level of success. However, I don't think they will fall as far as some do. Will we beat them? Oh yeah. By 17? Not sure...thus, it's "kinda" surprising.

KantoSooner
6/12/2012, 03:36 PM
Okay, I'll buy that.
I would probably be a bit harsher with them, but time will tell.

Jacie
6/12/2012, 05:10 PM

The surprise is it is only Oklahoma -17 . . .

Chuck Bao
6/13/2012, 08:16 AM
Don't forget, I added "kinda".

I don't think Baylor will be the team they were last year, as there is just no way you lose your Heisman winning QB and pro WR and maintain the same level of success. However, I don't think they will fall as far as some do. Will we beat them? Oh yeah. By 17? Not sure...thus, it's "kinda" surprising.

I think this is when quality coaching comes in. In previous seasons, RG3 just took it all on himself to make something happen. Of course he did last season with quite a few fortunate bounces. Despite those very big losses, the overall talent level at Baylor has steadily improved under Coach Briles. Anyway, I don't think we are not in the cellar anymore.

I plan to be at the OU-Baylor game wearing my green and gold. It would be great to share a beer with one of you fine Sooners.

8timechamps
6/13/2012, 03:15 PM
I think this is when quality coaching comes in. In previous seasons, RG3 just took it all on himself to make something happen. Of course he did last season with quite a few fortunate bounces. Despite those very big losses, the overall talent level at Baylor has steadily improved under Coach Briles. Anyway, I don't think we are not in the cellar anymore.

I plan to be at the OU-Baylor game wearing my green and gold. It would be great to share a beer with one of you fine Sooners.

The reason I am not sleeping on Baylor is exactly the reason you mentioned. The talent level at Baylor is much improved. They really have recruited/landed better athletes than years past, and last year's season has only helped that cause. The real question is how they fare without RGIII.

cccasooner2
6/13/2012, 03:37 PM
I hope our anuses don't get too complacent with that -17 point spread.

8timechamps
6/13/2012, 11:41 PM
I hope our anuses don't get too complacent with that -17 point spread.

I'm really hoping our anuses remember being pounded in Stillwater, and the losses to Baylor and Taco Tech. That way, we'll keep 'em nice and tight for the coming season.

Damn, that just sounded awful!

hawaii 5-0
6/13/2012, 11:55 PM
The only one I worry about is West Virginia.

If we take care of business and limit injuries the MNC is ours for the taking.

5-0