PDA

View Full Version : I think South Carolina's run comes to an end this weekend

bcolston15
6/9/2012, 12:18 PM
Just a feeling I have.

C&CDean
6/9/2012, 03:25 PM
I'm nervous as a whore in church waiting for this game tonight. C'mon boys...

marfacowboy
6/9/2012, 04:58 PM
I'm nervous as a whore in church waiting for this game tonight. C'mon boys...
It's a big one. Important they get out 1-0.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
6/9/2012, 05:31 PM
BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue
6/9/2012, 06:45 PM
SOOONER!!!

C&CDean
6/9/2012, 07:04 PM
****in' A!! The FSU game got rained out, so we get to see our boys in HD on ESPN2 as well in low-D on ESPNU. At least till 9pm.

marfacowboy
6/9/2012, 07:30 PM
Pulling the ball and hitting to the fat part of the field. I'll take it. We'll start getting some of those through with runners on.

Blue
6/9/2012, 07:40 PM
Well that was fun... ;)

marfacowboy
6/9/2012, 07:41 PM
John doesn't look good. Ball is up. Getting him out is probably a good idea unless they hang three on us.

marfacowboy
6/9/2012, 07:43 PM
Beautiful job on that batter. If he'll work down, he's tough.

marfacowboy
6/9/2012, 07:45 PM
I can't believe that coach went out there like that.

ouboomer1
6/9/2012, 07:47 PM
lead off walks just kill you....

marfacowboy
6/9/2012, 08:28 PM
Overton looks good. Let's get some runs!

marfacowboy
6/9/2012, 08:56 PM
This kid is so tough. I can't wait to see what he does next year. I think he's going to be one of the most dominating pitchers in the NCAA.

william_brasky
6/9/2012, 09:54 PM
Good effort tonight, just couldn't get anything going against that lefty. He's tough.

I'm a bit perplexed at using Overton tonight. He did a great job.

Sooner95
6/10/2012, 01:27 PM
Anyone know the pitching match-up for tonight's game?

Sooner95
6/10/2012, 04:53 PM
Rain is causing problems. Standby.

Sooner95
6/10/2012, 06:37 PM
I'm sure most know but game on.

No score. T3

marfacowboy
6/10/2012, 06:54 PM
We need some runs here. Their pitcher is struggling, runner on third...

marfacowboy
6/10/2012, 06:55 PM
Swing the damn bat.

Chuck Bao
6/10/2012, 07:02 PM
I'm listening to the audio over the internet in Bangkok. Boomer!

marfacowboy
6/10/2012, 07:24 PM
I'm sure most know but game on.

No score. T3

We average 1300 or so at home, so most probably don't know. I'm buying reserved box season tickets next year. This team deserves support.

marfacowboy
6/10/2012, 07:25 PM

Now, that's support.

ouboomer1
6/10/2012, 07:32 PM
Gray doing/did his job but OU's approach at the plate again has not been good.

marfacowboy
6/10/2012, 07:36 PM
Gray doing/did his job but OU's approach at the plate again has not been good.

Just not making solid contact on anything. Getting under the ball a lot and producing nothing but easy fly ball outs.

Sooner95
6/10/2012, 07:53 PM

Now that's a true fan! SOONER!!

Sooner95
6/10/2012, 07:54 PM
BTW, Rain delay, T6 No score.

Sooner95
6/10/2012, 07:58 PM
Tarp is coming off!

nighttrain12
6/10/2012, 08:49 PM
Tarp is coming off!

Now back on, scoreless after 5 1/2 innings.

Chuck Bao
6/10/2012, 09:05 PM
Now back off. Dang.

nighttrain12
6/10/2012, 10:49 PM
Game 2 will continue Monday at 3:05pm. Game 3 (if necessary) will be at 6:05pm. Sooners need to win both of them!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/10/2012, 11:51 PM
After OU's experience in the WCWS, I'm mildly surprised we weren't required to finish game 2 tonight. Baseball in the rain is bullsh*t!

IndySooner
6/11/2012, 08:50 AM
What sucks is they required us to get out of that inning, then called it again. We're lucky we didn't give up a run in that crap.

That said, since we did, we now have 4 AB to their 3 today. Hopefully, we can take advantage!

Looking at the weather, though, I don't see how they're going to get today's action in, either. Maybe they should fly to Norman and get this thing settled! :)

rysooner
6/11/2012, 10:40 AM
What sucks is they required us to get out of that inning, then called it again. We're lucky we didn't give up a run in that crap.

That said, since we did, we now have 4 AB to their 3 today. Hopefully, we can take advantage!

Looking at the weather, though, I don't see how they're going to get today's action in, either. Maybe they should fly to Norman and get this thing settled! :)

If they push back to Tuesday, guess the winner has to go to Omaha with a little less rest than everyone else. Not good, everyone should be able to have the same number of days off. After all, that's one reason for the Friday/Saturday starts in the super's as those teams start Omaha play on Friday/Saturday to match the super regional starts. Oh well, guess you're still glad to make Omaha, right?!

IndySooner
6/11/2012, 11:05 AM
If they push back to Tuesday, guess the winner has to go to Omaha with a little less rest than everyone else. Not good, everyone should be able to have the same number of days off. After all, that's one reason for the Friday/Saturday starts in the super's as those teams start Omaha play on Friday/Saturday to match the super regional starts. Oh well, guess you're still glad to make Omaha, right?!I promise you if our team comes back and makes it to Omaha, they won't care one iota how much rest they get. They'll want to take the field the next day!

SCSoonerfan
6/11/2012, 12:08 PM
Its been storming around here since about noon eastern. Wife works about 3 blocks from the stadium and said its really coming down hard in that area and its expected to continue most of today as well as through Wednesday actually. The way the weather works around here they really need to start play in the morning if they want any good chance of getting the games in as it seems as the day goes on the worse the rain gets.

rysooner
6/11/2012, 12:34 PM
I promise you if our team comes back and makes it to Omaha, they won't care one iota how much rest they get. They'll want to take the field the next day!

Didn't say they woukld care, just that everyone should have the same starting place with the same number of days off :sneakiness:

marfacowboy
6/11/2012, 12:54 PM
Its been storming around here since about noon eastern. Wife works about 3 blocks from the stadium and said its really coming down hard in that area and its expected to continue most of today as well as through Wednesday actually. The way the weather works around here they really need to start play in the morning if they want any good chance of getting the games in as it seems as the day goes on the worse the rain gets.

Looks like that strong line of storms pushed on through, so maybe they'll get it in.

SCSoonerfan
6/11/2012, 01:06 PM
Looks like that strong line of storms pushed on through, so maybe they'll get it in.

Well, Looking out the window its still raining pretty hard here but the stadium area about 15 miles from me does look a little clearer according to radar. The 3 local weather station folks say 75-90% chance of rain at gametime so who knows. Im gonna head down in about an hour and see whats up.

IndySooner
6/11/2012, 01:09 PM
Well, Looking out the window its still raining pretty hard here but the stadium area about 15 miles from me does look a little clearer according to radar. The 3 local weather station folks say 75-90% chance of rain at gametime so who knows. Im gonna head down in about an hour and see whats up.Keep us updated. Radar looks like we might have a window. IF we do, I hope they play game 2, then continue Game 3 (if necessary) 30 minutes after to get it in! First, we have to score a few runs!

SCSoonerfan
6/11/2012, 02:04 PM
Its currently NOT raining at the stadium and the grounds crew appear to be working on the field. Looks like they are still aiming for a 4:05 start. If I hear any announcements before the coverage starts I will let you know.

SCSoonerfan
6/11/2012, 02:42 PM
Still no rain in sight at the stadium. Looks like we will be able to get the conclusion of the first game started on time.

IndySooner
6/11/2012, 03:00 PM
Here we go! HUGE inning here. Jump on them and shut the door!

ouboomer1
6/11/2012, 03:17 PM
again cannot get a hit when needed....

C&CDean
6/11/2012, 03:17 PM
Weak fly balls. Dammit, somebody rip one.

ouboomer1
6/11/2012, 03:20 PM
there is a hard hit ball, too bad its for South Carolina.....

Blue
6/11/2012, 03:25 PM
Way to go OU. Lookin like the women out there fielding.

Blue
6/11/2012, 03:33 PM
And a wild pitch for a run. Yep, looks like the women out there. Or any OU team in a ny sport playing a big game for that matter. Just not mentally all there and getting whooped by the SEC. Bleh.

ouboomer1
6/11/2012, 03:39 PM
South Carolina is just on a tremendous role right now where everything is going there way.

6/11/2012, 03:44 PM
South Carolina is just on a tremendous role right now where everything is going there way.They weren't supposed to be so great last year, but won it for 2 in a row.

Blue
6/11/2012, 03:48 PM
Its a festivus Miracle! We gotta run!

C&CDean
6/11/2012, 03:55 PM
Are you drinking again Blue?

Blue
6/11/2012, 04:00 PM
Are you drinking again Blue?

Nope. Just watching OU not show up in another big game in another sport.

Blue
6/11/2012, 04:04 PM
Im just pissed that I live in a state where they actually win big games and my team doesn't seem to mind the nickname Chokelahoma bc they seem to do so at every opportunity.

I know you cant win them all and we have damn good programs, but....tired of watching them lose on the big stage.

marfacowboy
6/11/2012, 04:04 PM
Well, that's probably it.

marfacowboy
6/11/2012, 04:07 PM
Im just pissed that I live in a state where they actually win big games and my team doesn't seem to mind the nickname Chokelahoma bc they seem to do so at every opportunity.

I know you cant win them all and we have damn good programs, but....tired of watching them lose on the big stage.
This team has a lot guys back, and winning at SC is a tall drink for anyone. They'll be back.

Blue
6/11/2012, 04:09 PM
This team has a lot guys back, and winning at SC is a tall drink for anyone. They'll be back.

I know man and I will support them. Like I said just frustrated with 1 run in two games.

6/11/2012, 04:09 PM
Well, that's probably it.Thanx marfac. Where's Sballs and Scholz, when ya really need them?

6/11/2012, 04:10 PM

I know you cant win them all and we have damn good programs, but....tired of watching them lose on the big stage.Gets a little old, doesn't it... Don't want to think 2000 was the end of the line.

Interesting how we throttled our own championship caliber baseball coach, too.

ouboomer1
6/11/2012, 04:24 PM
i will say this about the SEC, their fans show up when their teams are playing for something, that is a great home field advantage South Carolina has going on. its going to take a great team to go in there and beat them on that field.

Sooner95
6/11/2012, 04:27 PM
Little late to the party, but damn. Not looking good.

Sooner95
6/11/2012, 04:34 PM
Down to our last out.....

marfacowboy
6/11/2012, 04:36 PM
I wish we'd swung the bats better, but good pitching has a lot to do with it. I'm looking forward to next season, and I appreciate the kids battling. At least we're there. Texas stayed home.

Lott's Bandana
6/11/2012, 04:37 PM
Rain delays are black magic to OU.

ouboomer1
6/11/2012, 04:39 PM
not really suprising how this regional went, but glad they did not roll over in May and were able to make a run in post season.

Sooner95
6/11/2012, 04:41 PM
Yea, good run by them, heck I was wondering if they would even make the postseason midway thru the season. They pulled it together though and had a pretty good year.

Until next season!

Lott's Bandana
6/11/2012, 04:42 PM

So you don't give the Thunder much of a chance, do you?

C&CDean
6/11/2012, 04:42 PM
i will say this about the SEC, their fans show up when their teams are playing for something, that is a great home field advantage South Carolina has going on. its going to take a great team to go in there and beat them on that field.

They have more fans at one game than we get in a series. Maybe our team sucks because our fans suck? Well that, and the fact they left their bats in Norman. Oh well, it's football season...

Blue
6/11/2012, 05:02 PM

I don't even want to think about the Thunder losing that series.

6/11/2012, 06:45 PM
I don't consider the Thunder and OU the same entities, anyway. The Thunder is a bunch of pros, in OKC as a resut of the NBA draft. So, it's not the same. If they lose to the Miami Yankees, no biggee. If they win, it's quite an accomplishment, but not the same as a college championship.

For some reason, OU has pretty quiet fans, most of the time, in most sports.

marfacowboy
6/11/2012, 07:41 PM
They have more fans at one game than we get in a series. Maybe our team sucks because our fans suck? Well that, and the fact they left their bats in Norman. Oh well, it's football season...

There's no excuse for fewer than 1500 people, on average, coming out to support this team. I'm buying season tickets next year.

8timechamps
6/11/2012, 08:59 PM
Rain delays are black magic to OU.

Looked like a different team today.

Oh well, we finished strong, just not strong enough.

Proud of the boys!

GamecockSkip
6/12/2012, 07:17 AM
One thing I can say with certainty, Y'all have an excellent baseball team. I never saw one player get that "it's all over" look. Your team fought every play during the game. They played agressive baseball in very adverse conditions and conducted themselves with class. Sooner baseball is right up there with the best teams in the NCAA and I fully expect to see Y'all in the post season next year. The breaks went our way this time around, but the games could certainly have gone the other way. Congrats on a very good season and I look forward to seeing you play next year.

TumbleweedDoom
6/12/2012, 08:49 AM
One thing I can say with certainty, Y'all have an excellent baseball team. I never saw one player get that "it's all over" look. Your team fought every play during the game. They played agressive baseball in very adverse conditions and conducted themselves with class. Sooner baseball is right up there with the best teams in the NCAA and I fully expect to see Y'all in the post season next year. The breaks went our way this time around, but the games could certainly have gone the other way. Congrats on a very good season and I look forward to seeing you play next year.

I gotta say, from what I've seen and heard and witnessed (some first hand in Omaha), South Carolina fans might be the class of the SEC.

marfacowboy
6/12/2012, 09:15 AM
I gotta say, from what I've seen and heard and witnessed (some first hand in Omaha), South Carolina fans might be the class of the SEC.

They do have a great fan base, and it's a great town overall. My daughter's in grad school there and loves Columbia. Miss. State has a great atmosphere and some good folks, too.

IndySooner
6/12/2012, 10:17 AM
I gotta say, from what I've seen and heard and witnessed (some first hand in Omaha), South Carolina fans might be the class of the SEC.Agreed 100%, and some of the most passionate, too.

Blue
6/14/2012, 10:48 PM

What a surprise...

thebearju
6/17/2012, 09:38 AM
sorry this is a week late guys but the account was not active. i just wanted to tell ya'll thank you for two good games. i love ya'll baseball coach from all the interviews i've seen the last couple of years. he got a great personality. i look foward to seeing big things from your baseball program in the coming years.