PDA

View Full Version : ....And Another One's Gone. RIP BOB WELCH

hawaii 5-0
6/8/2012, 01:39 AM
Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter for Fleetwood Mac (the middle years).

I saw him with them at the Fieldhouse around '74. He was pretty much carrying the band at that time.

Albums like Mystery To Me, Future Games and Heroes Are Hard To Find are some of my favorite 'Mac albums. Tho I also love the Peter Green stuff and the Buckingham/Nicks Part 3 section.

Yeah I coulda lived without Bare Trees and Penguin.

Too bad, so sad.

5-0

WA. Sooner
6/8/2012, 01:44 AM
Life been good

cleller
6/8/2012, 07:57 AM
Kinda shocking. That Ebony Eyes video on Youtube is hilarious in its 70's cheesiness.

Eek. Didn't realize he shot himself.

http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ssf/2012/06/bob_welch_former_member_of_fle.html

OULenexaman
6/8/2012, 09:41 AM
Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter for Fleetwood Mac (the middle years).

I saw him with them at the Fieldhouse around '74. He was pretty much carrying the band at that time.

Albums like Mystery To Me, Future Games and Heroes Are Hard To Find are some of my favorite 'Mac albums. Tho I also love the Peter Green stuff and the Buckingham/Nicks Part 3 section.

Yeah I coulda lived without Bare Trees and Penguin.

Too bad, so sad.

5-0 Uhhh.....Bare Trees happened to make that band take off....their best album IMO.....dude got really hosed though.....I woulda shot someone else.

"When Fleetwood Mac was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998, Welch was not included in the group.

"It basically comes down to the fact that they don't like me anymore," he told The Plain Dealer of Cleveland at the time. "I guess they can do what they want. I could understand it if I had been a sideman for a year. But I was an integral part of that band ... I put more of myself into that band than anything else I've ever done."

hawaii 5-0
6/8/2012, 10:38 AM
Today I'll be listening to Sentimental Lady as well as Hypnotized, Emerald Eyes, Silver Heels, etc.

I'll miss him.

5-0

GDC
6/8/2012, 07:55 PM
I remember he was a helluva pitcher too, like that time he struck out Reggie Jackson to win a World Series game.

cleller
6/8/2012, 08:00 PM
I remember he was a helluva pitcher too, like that time he struck out Reggie Jackson to win a World Series game.

You just don't run across guys that talented every day.