PDA

View Full Version : Name a MAN OF HONOR

Tulsa_Fireman
6/6/2012, 08:47 AM
This thread is for anyone and everyone to do exctly what the thread title is.

NAME A MAN OF HONOR.

I don't care what your definition is, how you classify a MAN OF HONOR, or if you're even serious. Joke MEN OF HONOR are allowed. Fake MEN OF HONOR are allowed. Female MEN OF HONOR are not allowed, unless made as a joke or they're fake.

Real MEN OF HONOR are especially allowed.

This is your wall of granite to etch who you believe is a MAN OF HONOR. This is also your wall of granite to spray paint your MAN OF HONOR grafitti. And I'll begin.

I choose WARREN SPAHN as my MAN OF HONOR.

KantoSooner
6/6/2012, 09:10 AM
Gerald Ford and Sam Nunn

Would that we had their like in politics today.

C&CDean
6/6/2012, 09:13 AM
My pop. 3 war vet, solid as a rock. Great father/husband/grandpa/role model. They don't make em' like that anymore. RIP Pop.

marfacowboy
6/6/2012, 09:24 AM
Robert E. Lee, Omar Bradley, Dwight Eisenhower, Abraham Lincoln...as I listed in a previous thread. Sorry, I think there are several worthy of mention.
Lincoln is probably the most important, as he was our greatest President and kept the country together.

Lee a patriot, but loyal to Virginia first and foremost, a concept twenty-first century man often has a hard time understanding. He worked tirelessly to repair the wounds of the war and conducted himself with aplomb throughout the war. He nixed Davis' plan for guerrilla warfare (which would have caused perhaps irreparable damage) and acted like a professional soldier. He was respected by all, mostly importantly and most notably by Grant. He and Grant were two of our greatest soldiers.

pphilfran
6/6/2012, 09:26 AM
My pop. 3 war vet, solid as a rock. Great father/husband/grandpa/role model. They don't make em' like that anymore. RIP Pop.
Hell, I am going to go with my old man, too....

olevetonahill
6/6/2012, 09:27 AM
My Dad, a WW2 Vet, Occupied Japan.
Died 20 years ago today. I still miss him

pphilfran
6/6/2012, 09:35 AM
My Dad, a WW2 Vet, Occupied Japan.
Died 20 years ago today. I still miss him

Those old people that gave up so much for the war effort are/were tough sob's...

My old man was the toughest mudder around..I always knew exactly where I stood and the ramifications if I went off course..

I remember dove hunting with him...if he saw a flight of birds he call to me...

"Birds to the south!"

I would hunker down and watch them get closer and closer...until he would shout..

"Bust their ***!"

Wishboned
6/6/2012, 04:46 PM
My step-dad. Korean war vet. Strong sense of right and wrong. Passed on good values to me.

Mississippi Sooner
6/6/2012, 04:49 PM
Bennie Owen, Bud Wilkinson, Barry Switzer, Bob Stoops.

olevetonahill
6/6/2012, 04:54 PM
Bennie Owen, Bud Wilkinson, Barry Switzer, Bob Stoops.

He said Honor not ON Her :very_drunk:

okie52
6/6/2012, 04:54 PM
If I'm limited to one it would be my dad. A guy that was always there for me.

Hopefully I'll always be there for my kids.

soonerbrat
6/6/2012, 04:55 PM
OK, so i won't mention my daughter who's reporting to the Naval Academy June 26, because that's no joke.

okie52
6/6/2012, 04:56 PM
OK, so i won't mention my daughter who's reporting to the Naval Academy June 26, because that's no joke.

Congrats and Anchors Aweigh!!!

olevetonahill
6/6/2012, 05:23 PM

Ya doing Good Girl
One headin to Med school one to the Naval academy
Good jorb

I Am Right
6/6/2012, 06:16 PM
MY Son, On Third Deployment!

Turd_Ferguson
6/6/2012, 06:25 PM
All 5 of my Mother's brother's/my Uncles, that served in WWII. RIP to all but Uncle Joe since he's still kicking. Uncle Joe was the only one that wasn't a pilot, but made Chief Warrant Officer. My Dad, My step Dad...all of these men had a huge impact in my life.

soonerbrat
6/6/2012, 07:54 PM
The boy just finished his first year, his fiancée graduated college and they are getting married in 2 weeks!

And for the record, he didn't serve in the military but he is an honorable man

olevetonahill
6/6/2012, 07:55 PM
The boy just finished his first year, his fiancée graduated college and they are getting married in 2 weeks!
And you be a Granny in a year :very_drunk:

SouthCarolinaSooner
6/6/2012, 08:10 PM
My granddad, founded a pair of children's homes/schools after service in the Pacific during WW2. Alzheimer's most of my life...

rock on sooner
6/9/2012, 04:38 PM
Colin Powell...he's a Pub..I'm a Dem.. but I'd follow him into hell. Shoulda run
for prez and we wouldn't be in this mess!

Midtowner
6/9/2012, 07:19 PM
Henry Bellmon from politics, from my family, my grandfather--32nd Degree Mason, founded an eye bank in Cushing, Colonel in the U.S Army reserves, had perfect attendance at the Cushing Lion's Club for 30 some-odd years, a DDS, great husband, grandfather and father.

SicEmBaylor
6/9/2012, 07:21 PM
Robert E. Lee

olevetonahill
6/9/2012, 07:24 PM
Abraham Lincoln

C&CDean
6/9/2012, 07:33 PM
Well that's just crazy talk Howie.

olevetonahill
6/9/2012, 07:41 PM
Well that's just crazy talk Howie.

Heh, Just gigin Sicem LOL

LiveLaughLove
6/9/2012, 08:54 PM
My Grandfather "Pop". He was full blood Chickasaw. Got to only go to three days of school, because he had to work the fields for his dad and mom. His siblings all got to go, except for him.

He and his brother were offered contracts by the Cleveland Indians, but they wouldn't sign the "white man's papers" (contracts). They said they would play, but didn't trust the contracts.

He never learned to read and it kept him out of some great job opportunities. He had barbered all of his families hair as a kid, so he became a barber and did that until he was in his 70's.

He loved his family like no other, and he never spoke badly about anyone. He could play any, and I mean any, instrument he ever picked up, and very well.

He drank until he scared his kids badly one night, and he said they would never see him drunk again, and they never did, because he loved them more than the drink.

He loved the Lord, and had a true childlike faith. He and my grandma had chairs sitting next to each other so they could hold hands while watching Ralph Emery and the Grand Ole Opry every night.

He died 21 years ago, and I still dream of him like he is alive, and I wake up and cry every time I realize he isn't. I miss him terribly, but I know I will see him again.

8timechamps
6/9/2012, 10:30 PM
Too many to place a single title, but for the sake of SF.com, I'd nominate two:

1. Phil - From the days of looking forward to the Road Warrior reports, to the website many of us have called home. He is the HMFIC

2. Dean - Might as well be Phil's clone.

Without either of these guys, we'd be bitching and name-calling on a different site, and Sic'em would be a homeless orphan looking for shelter from the rain.

cleller
6/9/2012, 10:44 PM
Mike Strank.

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/cs6000/l57mike.gif

SCOUT
6/10/2012, 01:29 AM
Picking one person is a tough thing. My Father and Grandparents are all people that I would say are in the running. Their military service and dedication to family are starters. I believe they would each be worthy of a book.

With that said, I would like to go off track a little bit and nominate a co-worker of mine. I will not disclose his name because he would not be comfortable with the idea of being included in this type of list.

He is one of the best Managers a company could ask for. He is a parent who has raised two fantastic kids. He also is a Leader in Habitat for Humanity having helped construct over 60 homes in just the last couple of years. He has been involved with Habitat almost from its inception. Don't misunderstand the leadership title, he is building homes almost every weekend.

He spends his 4 weeks of vacation every year in South America. He is there drilling fresh water wells for small villages who can't do it for themselves.

He is a 1%er who does more for his fellow man than most of us combined.