PDA

View Full Version : Rescued Pup now in our household

tulsaoilerfan
6/5/2012, 08:58 PM
We took on a rescue dog over the weekend; he's about 2 months old and we think a german shepherd mix; he was posted on a local web page as a pup that needed adoption; was found on a side street laying on a sack of trash and was covered in ticks and fleas; well to make a long story short i commented about how cute he was, the lady called me on Saturday, and when she brough him over we were hooked so now hes in our family lol This dog is so wonderful i can't imagine how anyone would not want him; if i can figure out how to post pics i will. Oh yeah, we named him Boomer!!

tulsaoilerfan
6/5/2012, 08:59 PM
He is such a sweet loving dog and has definitely added some fun to our household :)

olevetonahill
6/5/2012, 09:13 PM
Thats such a Unique name :very_drunk:

Grats. hope to see the Pics, good to hear another one found a good home. If hes not already get him cut so there arnt any more .

tulsaoilerfan
6/5/2012, 09:14 PM
Yeah he will get fixed when he's old enough Vet and i know it's an original name LOL I first thought about calling him Boz but Boomer just sounded so much better :)

olevetonahill
6/5/2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah he will get fixed when he's old enough Vet and i know it's an original name LOL I first thought about calling him Boz but Boomer just sounded so much better :)

Thats what I call my parrot

That black lab mix Pup that i thot i was gonna have to put down is doing well , I saw him a few weeks ago and hes healthy and happy in his new home, doing what young dogs do best, Tearing **** up and draggin it all over the yard :excitement:

tulsaoilerfan
6/5/2012, 09:21 PM
2657 Ok hope this works; this is Boomer

olevetonahill
6/5/2012, 09:25 PM
cute, Make sure ya got Chew toys fer him or you have plenty of slippers for YOU LOL

Ill never get another pup. destructive lil bastards

tulsaoilerfan
6/5/2012, 09:31 PM
Vet we have him hooked up but he seems to prefer Conner's dirty baseball socks and my old houseshoes so far lol I never thought i would get another dog at least till i retired but this little guy was impossible to turn down

olevetonahill
6/5/2012, 09:40 PM
Vet we have him hooked up but he seems to prefer Conner's dirty baseball socks and my old houseshoes so far lol I never thought i would get another dog at least till i retired but this little guy was impossible to turn down

Both my dogs are gettin old, Im thinkin i wont get anymore when they go But who knows, These are both dump dogs that found me so we will see.
Im wanting to do some traveling and thats hard to do with 2 dogs a cat an a Parrot

A pup gets bored so easily, they just naturally tear **** up to see whats inside

kbsooner21
6/5/2012, 10:13 PM
Cute pup. Good for you for taken him in :D

soonerbrat
6/6/2012, 04:52 PM
2657 Ok hope this works; this is Boomer

awwwwww..he looks right at home!

yermom
6/6/2012, 05:18 PM
good lookin' dog

bluedogok
6/6/2012, 09:49 PM
Congrats, good lookin' pup

cleller
6/7/2012, 07:56 AM
We've got a dog that was once not supposed to be on the sofa, too.

You're doing a good thing. He'll reward you for it. Get you a cheap book on basic obedience and try hard to do that about every other day for the first year. If he'll chase a ball it will be easy. Use the ball as a reward. If he doesn't have much ball drive, found something else he really likes, praise, treats, tug of war, etc.
Everyone is happier when the dog has a master to look to.