PDA

View Full Version : Great reason to never go in a public pool

nighttrain12
6/1/2012, 09:08 AM
One in 5 people admit to putting the P in the OOL. I bet Aggies and Short-Horns admit to drinking public pool water. :distress:

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/swimming-pools-public-toilet-bowls-many-survey-193700688.html

Boomer.....
6/1/2012, 09:30 AM
But how many put the POO in L?

KantoSooner
6/1/2012, 09:34 AM
When I worked as a lifeguard, it was instructive to watch the chlorine levels plunge as little kid play groups enjoyed the water.
That, the bandaids that inevitably got in the filters and the dead animals you'd have to scoop out in the mornings always influenced me to be rather liberal with the chemicals.

pphilfran
6/1/2012, 10:09 AM
I am shocked that it is only one in five...

OULenexaman
6/1/2012, 10:28 AM
and all this is news?

rock on sooner
6/1/2012, 10:34 AM
I am shocked that it is only one in five...

Just means that four out of five are lying....

jkjsooner
6/1/2012, 10:41 AM
Can't see the link at the moment. Is this admit to peeing in the pool now or just admit to doing it at one point in their life? If it's the latter then there are a bunch of liars out there. While most adults refrain from doing it, I have to think almost everyone did it when they were 4 or 5.

We recently moved into a new neighborhood that has an awesome pool (actually 2) including two decent water slides. Almost everyone in the neighborhood (including us) has young children. Last weekend there had to be 40 or so kids there under 5. You know there was much peeing going on.

And here's something I learned while holding my son and getting peed on. Swim diapers are not designed to keep pee out of the pool. In fact it's just the opposite. They're designed to let liquid pass on through so they don't blow up like a regular diaper when exposed to water. (Little ones are required to wear plastic pants as well but they wouldn't hold in pee either.)

jkjsooner
6/1/2012, 10:46 AM
Here's a question. Ever been to a resort that had a swim up bar? Did you ever think how nice it would be to sit there at the bar drinking and peeing at the same time?

I never did it but that would be awesome. Not awesome sitting in pee but awesome to be able to drink and not have to ever get up to go to the bathroom.

That's the cool thing about river tubing with a cooler tube of beer...

texaspokieokie
6/1/2012, 10:53 AM
Here's a question. Ever been to a resort that had a swim up bar? Did you ever think how nice it would be to sit there at the bar drinking and peeing at the same time?

I never did it but that would be awesome. Not awesome sitting in pee but awesome to be able to drink and not have to ever get up to go to the bathroom.

That's the cool thing about river tubing with a cooler tube of beer...i have & i did. In MX.

OULenexaman
6/1/2012, 11:07 AM
I thought that's why they made a swim up bar....

olevetonahill
6/1/2012, 02:10 PM
So dont go in a Public Pool cause folks GO in a Public Pool
Go Tit

MamaMia
6/1/2012, 05:56 PM
This the reason I put in my own pool. I lie to the kids who swim here. I tell them that if they pee in my pool that their legs turn dark purple for 3 days. Its funny to see the kids run out of the pool into the house to go tinkle, which is the reason I pulled up all the carpet in my home and installed wood and tile. He he he.

sanantoniosooner
6/2/2012, 06:41 PM
One in 5 people admit to putting the P in the OOL.
That just means the 4 people near me are the safe ones.