PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC at it again

achiro
5/30/2012, 04:48 PM
The day before memorial day, MSNBC host Chris Hayes said he's uncomfortable calling killed soldiers heroes.
Honestly not even sure what to say.

LiveLaughLove
5/30/2012, 04:53 PM
The day before memorial day, MSNBC host Chris Hayes said he's uncomfortable calling killed soldiers heroes.
Honestly not even sure what to say.

Was going to post about this too. Un-freaking-believable is about all I can say. He looks like a panty waist and undoubtedly is.

BTW, he said his parents (Saul Alinsky disciples) are heroes about a year before.

So our fallen soldiers may not be, but his radical parents are. Unreal. Sometimes I think I am living in bizarro world.

Ann Coulter nailed him with a tweet, she said he is just menstruating. Too funny.

cleller
5/30/2012, 06:42 PM
I'd never heard of this guy before. Saw this clip of the incident:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUJu8Ac5-b4

The twerp-level of this guy is unbelievable. Its like an SNL skit. What a silly little effeminate man. He stammers and can hardly deliver his lines. How does this guy rate a job in broadcasting?

LiveLaughLove
5/30/2012, 07:02 PM
I'd never heard of this guy before. Saw this clip of the incident:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUJu8Ac5-b4

The twerp-level of this guy is unbelievable. Its like an SNL skit. What a silly little effeminate man. He stammers and can hardly deliver his lines. How does this guy rate a job in broadcasting?

Uh, his parents are Saul Alinsky disciples. Perfect for MSDNC and well, journalism in general.

diverdog
5/30/2012, 07:35 PM
First I want to say I do not agree with what he said. However, there is a good point here and that is the over use of the word hero. It seems after 9/11 we attached the meaning to about everything that had to go on with the GWOT. In my opinion that has cheapened the actions of real heroes.

olevetonahill
5/30/2012, 08:00 PM
First I want to say I do not agree with what he said. However, there is a good point here and that is the over use of the word hero. It seems after 9/11 we attached the meaning to about everything that had to go on with the GWOT. In my opinion that has cheapened the actions of real heroes.

My Thots also

soonercruiser
5/30/2012, 08:48 PM
Sorry! But, I am uncomfortable going to a gay wedding!
(Don't know which way.....er....side of the aisle to sit on...)

Curly Bill
5/31/2012, 07:27 AM
I agree that the term "hero" is overused, but some dork like Chris Hayes saying it when he did, in the fashion he did, was stupid.

rock on sooner
5/31/2012, 07:46 AM
My Thots also

Yup, me too!

OULenexaman
5/31/2012, 11:23 AM
(Don't know which way.....er....side of the aisle to sit on...) and who would you ask which side is the correct side? How would you know who is the bride or the groom? Good point cruise.

achiro
5/31/2012, 11:59 AM
Ok so guy says he thinks KIA soldiers shouldn't be called heros and you guys think he has a point? You're going to have to explain that one to me because I don't get that at all.

Bourbon St Sooner
5/31/2012, 12:49 PM
I tend to agree with diver, but, by and large, these folks made the ultimate sacrifice to do what they thought was right for this country. Not everybody in the military are good people and worthy of the term, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

badger
5/31/2012, 01:29 PM
CNN and MSNBC ratings are down, reportedly. Like, REALLY down.

Linky (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/may-ratings-cnn-hits-new-low-msnbc-down-double-digits/)

I don't hate CNN or MSNBC, but I don't watch them (or Fox News) ever, really, either, unless there's a prez debate or something crazy going on nationally/internationally.

Cable news is usually watched by old farts. The fact that Fox News recognized that old farts tend to be old fart Republicans and like to hear more righty-sounding news than lefty-sounding news and capitalized on it? More power to them.

jkjsooner
5/31/2012, 01:52 PM

I think you are thinking too much. They served, put themselves at risk, and died for their country. In that respect they are heroes.

Calling them heroes does not diminish medal of honor recipients nor does it diminish others who well beyond the call of duty.

As for what the MSNBC guy said, he needs to pick his battles more carefully. A person can be a hero even if fighting an unjust (as he believes) war. Just leave it at that.

49r
5/31/2012, 02:09 PM
(Don't know which way.....er....side of the aisle to sit on...)

Been going to lots of those gay weddings lately there, cruiser?

diverdog
5/31/2012, 03:22 PM
I think you are thinking too much. They served, put themselves at risk, and died for their country. In that respect they are heroes.

Calling them heroes does not diminish medal of honor recipients nor does it diminish others who well beyond the call of duty.

As for what the MSNBC guy said, he needs to pick his battles more carefully. A person can be a hero even if fighting an unjust (as he believes) war. Just leave it at that.

My point comes to the over use of hero. For instance, I have heard the victims in 9/11 called heros. What makes them heroes? In my book they are victims. Would we call a clerk in the military a hero who has never seen action? Not all KIA's are heroes and not all hereos are KIA's. I would bet that none of the guys who served on this board in conflict would consider themselves hereos. Most if not all MOH winners would not consider themselves hereos. I would consider them heroes.

My problem with the MSNBC statement is that he was making that same lame BS argument to blame the war on soldiers. That is what the media did in Nam and that was very wrong.

olevetonahill
5/31/2012, 03:30 PM
My point comes to the over use of hero. For instance, I have heard the victims in 9/11 called heros. What makes them heroes? In my book they are victims. Would we call a clerk in the military a hero who has never seen action? Not all KIA's are heroes and not all hereos are KIA's. I would bet that none of the guys who served on this board in conflict would consider themselves hereos. Most if not all MOH winners would not consider themselves hereos. I would consider them heroes.

My problem with the MSNBC statement is that he was making that same lame BS argument to blame the war on soldiers. That is what the media did in Nam and that was very wrong.

I wernt no Hero I were a chicken ****

Bourbon St Sooner
5/31/2012, 03:48 PM
That only means you were sane vet.

olevetonahill
5/31/2012, 03:56 PM
That only means you were sane vet.

Wonder what happened then :very_drunk:

soonercruiser
5/31/2012, 08:05 PM
Been going to lots of those gay weddings lately there, cruiser?

After all, they are fun! (Anywhere there is cake!)
Remeber the Flinstonres????
("We'll have a gay, ole time!" Dino was "fixed" BTW.)

soonercruiser
5/31/2012, 08:08 PM

Got to agree with you guys, Diver.
I took Gen. Patton's words seriously...
"The object of war, gentlemen,...... let the other poor bast*** die for his country".)

jkjsooner
6/1/2012, 04:05 PM
My point comes to the over use of hero. For instance, I have heard the victims in 9/11 called heros. What makes them heroes? In my book they are victims.

I agree with this. In fact, I am hesitant to even call the UA flight 93 passengers heroes. I doubt they chose to drive the plane into the field to save lives on the ground. They were doing whatever they could to save their own lives. Sure, the first to rush the hijackers could be considered heroes because they could have died even if the plan would have survived.

I'm not sure what positive comes out of pushing the issue though.

Would we call a clerk in the military a hero who has never seen action? Not all KIA's are heroes and not all heroes are KIA's.

You're pushing the issue a little but if someone wants to consider the clerk a hero then I have no problem with it. That person did join the military voluntarily and could have easily been assigned to a battlefield.

I think we can all distinguish between remarkable heroes and others we call heroes. I don't think we need to draw a line and offend a fallen soldier's family by questioning it.

KantoSooner
6/1/2012, 04:25 PM
Ya think mebbe. Just mebbe, the MSNBC folks kind of figgered that pushing this particular button would get some attention? You don't think Rachel Maddow, Rush Limbaugh, O'Reilly and the rest are hired because they're great journo's do you? It's the Lady Gaga school of journalism: say whatever is necessary to attract attention and amuse your target demographic. More viewers with profiles of 'X' and you can sell more coffee, or eurofag cars, or penis-supplement pickup trucks or whatever advertising.

SouthCarolinaSooner
6/2/2012, 08:15 AM
Joining the military makes you a hero just as much as having a guitar makes you a rockstar. Its what you do with it...

olevetonahill
6/2/2012, 08:20 AM
Joining the military makes you a hero just as much as having a guitar makes you a rockstar. Its what you do with it...
Except No one trys to shoot you or Blow you up because you have a guitar
You need to get out of school Now before you become so Stupid that yer beyond hope
Oh wait , Too late

REDREX
6/2/2012, 08:37 AM
I still think Rachel Maddow is Chris Hayes in DRAG

LiveLaughLove
6/2/2012, 11:18 AM

That is just about the most stupid thing I have read on here.

Having a guitar doesn't mean you become a professional guitarist.

As soon as you don the uniform you are a professional soldier. When you join, you take an oath to forfeit your life for the greater good of the USA if need be. Of course, there are all walks of life in the military good and bad, but if they die in the service of this country I think the least that can be said is they are heroes. I don't care if it is overused or not. It applies to those fallen soldiers.

A rock star does nothing even remotely close.

I seriously doubt you will ever have the guts to do anything remotely similar to them, yet you will exercise your right to say stupid things, to the ill fortune of us all.

SouthCarolinaSooner
6/2/2012, 05:38 PM
Except No one trys to shoot you or Blow you up because you have a guitar
You need to get out of school Now before you become so Stupid that yer beyond hope
Oh wait , Too late
A drunk hillbilly calling me an idiot? What you say has quite a lot of stock, trust me

I'm not saying there aren't heroes in the military, although the word is heavily overused. Everyone who joins is not automatically a hero, right?

Is this coward a hero to you? He's a soldier, took an oath blabla
http://www.clevescene.com/binary/d679/1332186141-120316_robert_bales_lg_2.jpg

olevetonahill
6/2/2012, 05:53 PM
A drunk hillbilly calling me an idiot? What you say has quite a lot of stock, trust me

I'm not saying there aren't heroes in the military, although the word is heavily overused. Everyone who joins is not automatically a hero, right?

Is this coward a hero to you? He's a soldier, took an oath blabla
http://www.clevescene.com/binary/d679/1332186141-120316_robert_bales_lg_2.jpg

Please show me where I insulted Idiots by calling you one ?

Never said everyone's a hero. I have said the word is way over used, Did say you are stupid and I stand by that.

Why dont you walk a 1/4 mile In bales boots and see how you stack up, Oh wait you wouldnt last one day In basic .
You just get dumber Boy

SouthCarolinaSooner
6/2/2012, 06:31 PM
Please show me where I insulted Idiots by calling you one ?

Never said everyone's a hero. I have said the word is way over used, Did say you are stupid and I stand by that.

Why dont you walk a 1/4 mile In bales boots and see how you stack up, Oh wait you wouldnt last one day In basic .
You just get dumber Boy
That was in response to LLL and other blind worshipers.

You don't know me, you can't even begin to make such an assumption. I wouldn't join the army to protect myself from a $1 million fraud settlement, that's for sure.

olevetonahill
6/2/2012, 06:46 PM
That was in response to LLL and other blind worshipers.

You don't know me, you can't even begin to make such an assumption. I wouldn't join the army to protect myself from a $1 million fraud settlement, that's for sure.

Hell Boy you dont even know yerself. have yer Nuts even dropped yet?

SouthCarolinaSooner
6/2/2012, 06:48 PM
Hell Boy you dont even know yerself. have yer Nuts even dropped yet?
I'm glad I can serve as fodder you make you feel better about your decrepit self

Turd_Ferguson
6/2/2012, 06:57 PM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/29404930/i-choke-reopard-like-dis_large.jpg

olevetonahill
6/2/2012, 07:46 PM
I'm glad I can serve as fodder you make you feel better about your decrepit self

You have nothing to do with how I feel about myself
You do make me worry about the future of this country tho.

SouthCarolinaSooner
6/2/2012, 09:01 PM
You have nothing to do with how I feel about myself
You do make me worry about the future of this country tho.
Since your generation did such a bang-up job with it...

olevetonahill
6/2/2012, 09:13 PM

Ya sure did get me told now dint ya .

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2012, 07:28 PM
There's at least 343 heroes that I know about in the WTC attack. At LEAST.

You know, the guys running UP the stairs.

To say otherwise makes you a God damned fool.

Midtowner
6/3/2012, 10:07 PM

I get this. The baby boomers may go down as the singular worst generation in American history; passing ridiculous entitlement programs and then passing on the cost to subsequent generations. It's kind of ****ty to attack individuals for that though. Especially conservatives who probably weren't in favor of very many of those programs to begin with.

We have a spending problem with regard to entitlements, bureaucracy and the military. We also don't pay near what our government costs. Our form of government necessarily leads to this sort of situation. Conservatives don't want the fix because they don't want to pay what it costs to have a military like ours. Liberals want to be able to pay for ridiculous entitlement programs which are rife with abuse and fraud. Both sides suck.

So far, olevet's generation is the worst ever, but since ours has failed to do a damned thing about it, we may be close runners up if we let this country continue to slide towards mediocrity.

hawaii 5-0
6/3/2012, 11:40 PM
I still think Rachel Maddow is Chris Hayes in DRAG

I think Karl Rove was the prototype for Elmer Fudd.

5-0

okie52
6/4/2012, 12:33 AM

5-0

Really?...I would have leaned a lot more to Barney frank.

Curly Bill
6/4/2012, 12:39 AM

I think 5-0 leans a lot more to Barney Frank too!

...if ya know what I mean? ;)

hawaii 5-0
6/4/2012, 01:09 AM

Nope, I wouldn't compare Karl Rove to Barney Frank. Barney has that 'lisp thing' going whereas Karl has that pear shape like Elmer.

5-0

diverdog
6/4/2012, 06:13 AM
There's at least 343 heroes that I know about in the WTC attack. At LEAST.

You know, the guys running UP the stairs.

To say otherwise makes you a God damned fool.

Tulsa:

Of course you are right. I was talking about the folks who worked in the towers. The first responders who died that day rushing into harms way absolutely fits my definition of hero.

49r
6/5/2012, 08:10 PM
Tulsa:

Of course you are right. I was talking about the folks who worked in the towers. The first responders who died that day rushing into harms way absolutely fits everybody's definition of hero.

ftfy

soonercruiser
6/5/2012, 10:04 PM
I even watched some MSNBC tonight.....looking for alternative coverage of the Wisconson recall election.
CNN was pretty fair.....But, MSNBC was covering from the Dem meeting site, and were working really hard to make the news good for the Dems and unions.
FAIL!!!!

Tulsa_Fireman
6/6/2012, 08:21 AM
How is that fail?

Because it's not your point of view? You know what MSNBC is. Since the removal of the Fairness Doctrine, why would you throw darts at MSNBC for targeting their broadcasting to a certain section of the public?

Whether you support the decision or the position or don't, there's no fail there. I'm glad they do it. There's more fairness withOUT the Fairness Doctrine because partisanship sells, baby. But you would rather play 'good guys/bad guys', right? Some political Cowboys and Indians?

The cheers and jeers and party-think is the only fail I've seen around this joint, from BOTH sides of the aisle.

sappstuf
6/6/2012, 08:57 AM
How is that fail?

Because it's not your point of view? You know what MSNBC is. Since the removal of the Fairness Doctrine, why would you throw darts at MSNBC for targeting their broadcasting to a certain section of the public?

Whether you support the decision or the position or don't, there's no fail there. I'm glad they do it. There's more fairness withOUT the Fairness Doctrine because partisanship sells, baby. But you would rather play 'good guys/bad guys', right? Some political Cowboys and Indians?

The cheers and jeers and party-think is the only fail I've seen around this joint, from BOTH sides of the aisle.

I think when Ed Schultz said this he went beyond "point of view":

You know, NBC is calling it for Walker. Okay, I think it's awful close and there's a lot of absentee ballots yet that are still out and it's going to be very, very close down to the wire".

Walker won by 7.5 points, which is a large distance from "very, very close"... Everyone had called the race by then, so Schultz was either being willfully deceptive to his audience or was unwilling to accept reality. Either way it was a rather large fail.

soonercruiser
6/6/2012, 09:37 PM
How is that fail?

Again, you Lefties just "don't get it":.
They made their own news! They were ignoring the facts and making up their ow.

And unlike some other networks......all the MSNBS pundits were lefties, trying to make a victory out of UTTER DEFEAT!
They were like on another planet!
Duh!

texaspokieokie
6/7/2012, 08:47 AM
CNN and MSNBC ratings are down, reportedly. Like, REALLY down.

Linky (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/may-ratings-cnn-hits-new-low-msnbc-down-double-digits/)

I don't hate CNN or MSNBC, but I don't watch them (or Fox News) ever, really, either, unless there's a prez debate or something crazy going on nationally/internationally.

Cable news is usually watched by old farts. The fact that Fox News recognized that old farts tend to be old fart Republicans and like to hear more righty-sounding news than lefty-sounding news and capitalized on it? More power to them.I agree, i'm an ooooollld fart & i watch fox. maybe it's because of all the news beauties.
Want to know how you feel about the recall in WI ??

Chuck Bao
6/7/2012, 09:32 AM
Ummm...this may be a very stupid question, but why do any of us nowadays take our opinions from TV news and their 15-second sound bites?

Okay, I do remember as a kid some 40 years ago watching Walter Cronkite with my family as we ate our evening meal and reading the Daily Ardmorite and Daily Oklahoman the next day. That was basically the extent of our world view back then.

We have gone so many light years away from that. There is a very direct correlation between the shocking decline in the quality of journalism/reliable news and the growing number of news sources out there over TV/internet. We just have to be more discerning these days.

I was silenced the last time I was home when my sister said that she knows as much on politics as I do and I should shut the **** up. I'm still trying to figure that out.

American pride and independence is largely built on a critically thinking populace. In fact our universities are attracting students world-wide largely on a critical approach rather than rote learning in their home countries.

It's so amazing to me that as the most technologically advanced society and the most independently minded society that we devolve into this trash.

KantoSooner
6/7/2012, 10:21 AM
Chuck, our education system, built on the 'German Method' is now, sadly, honored more in the breach (breech?). For at least a generation, our high schools have worked students up for standardized tests rather than educated them. And our universities have largely devolved into trade schools. But, better that than teaching 'useless' liberal arts and, perhaps, awakening the intellects of the unwashed.

And we wonder why MSNBC and Fox have large audiences? Circuses, as in 'bread and circuses'.

C&CDean
6/7/2012, 11:22 AM
I get this. The baby boomers may go down as the singular worst generation in American history; passing ridiculous entitlement programs and then passing on the cost to subsequent generations. It's kind of ****ty to attack individuals for that though. Especially conservatives who probably weren't in favor of very many of those programs to begin with.

We have a spending problem with regard to entitlements, bureaucracy and the military. We also don't pay near what our government costs. Our form of government necessarily leads to this sort of situation. Conservatives don't want the fix because they don't want to pay what it costs to have a military like ours. Liberals want to be able to pay for ridiculous entitlement programs which are rife with abuse and fraud. Both sides suck.

So far, olevet's generation is the worst ever, but since ours has failed to do a damned thing about it, we may be close runners up if we let this country continue to slide towards mediocrity.

Cogent post. Especially the part about both sides sucking.

I guess I'm a baby-boomer, but I have a hard time blaming a generation who had dirt-poor parents who lived through the Great Depression, and basically did everything they could to make life better for their kids. Of course this has backfired in a terrible way.

We now have a generation of kids who expect everything to be handed to them on a platter. A car, insurance, education, toys, etc. We have a generation of parents who feel obligated to work themselves literally to death to make sure their spoiled kid goes to college. I know several who are now in their late 50's/early 60's and are nowhere near being able to retire. Why? Cause they're still "paying for the kids to go to college." Second mortgages, doing without themselves, sacrifice, and for what? So your spoiled brat can get an education and maybe find a job - where your spoiled kid will never pay you back upon getting said job, and when you're old and senile you'll be stuck on your SS, and whatever long-term insurance you might have been able to afford with the meager leftovers from placing your spoiled brat on a pedestal their entire life.

Rant over.

KantoSooner
6/7/2012, 11:25 AM
I'm enrolling my daughter in USAO next week.

I now feel like ****.

Thanks a million.

C&CDean
6/7/2012, 11:28 AM
Heh.

rock on sooner
6/7/2012, 02:17 PM

5-0

Why do you insult good ol' Elmer?

KantoSooner
6/7/2012, 02:28 PM
Backwards, Rove modelled himself on Elmer as part of a collosal joke he's been playing on the world.

rock on sooner
6/7/2012, 02:32 PM
Backwards, Rove modelled himself on Elmer as part of a collosal joke he's been playing on the world.

That "joke" ain't funny....nobody's laughin'!

rock on sooner
6/7/2012, 02:36 PM
Ya sure did get me told now dint ya .

Geez, Vet, went kinda easy on the boy....

olevetonahill
6/7/2012, 02:50 PM
Geez, Vet, went kinda easy on the boy....

Some times I just get tired of pointing out his stupidity .