PDA

View Full Version : **** Ginobili

Fraggle145
5/29/2012, 10:50 PM
I hate that ****ing guy. I hate all of the spurs. ****ing Parker, Ginobili, and worst of all ****ing whiny **** titbag Duncan. **** em.

that is all.

Curly Bill
5/30/2012, 07:10 AM
I like and admire the Spurs. I'd like to see the Thunder beat em, which I don't see happening this year, but still the Spurs are cool with me.

Boomer.....
5/30/2012, 07:27 AM
Officiating was horrendous last night.

Curly Bill
5/30/2012, 07:31 AM
I didn't get to see the game so can't speak to the officiating, but it usually is horrendous in NBA games.

Sooner_Bob
5/30/2012, 08:15 AM
Ginobili gets tons of crap calls . . . but the dude can shoot.

The Thunder could have caved and gotten blown out good last night, but they battled back and made it respectable.

They will regret letting game one get away from them.

ouleaf
5/30/2012, 11:07 AM
I just can't believe this is the first post on the Thunder board about the WC finals. I thought there would have been way more playoff chatter this year. I'd imagine Ginobili has to be like getting a taste of your own medicine with Harden having a similar skill set. When Ginobili is healthy he can still make a huge impact on the game.

As a blatant Mavs homer, I hate both the Spurs and Thunder. Just when you think the Spurs are all but dead, they spring back and are putting together another run. The Thunder, a young team that is so good, but you just don't feel like they deserve to be in the championship mix. They haven't gone through enough playoff dissapointments in my opinion to deserve being NBA champions as such a young team.

If the name of the game is "Keep Miami from winning a title" then the Spurs have the best chance to do it this year. Not saying the Thunder couldn't take down Lebron and Wade in the finals, I just think the Spurs are better equipped to do it. Spurs are a very deep team right now, can defend well, have an experienced core group and coach, and they have one the best executing pick and roll guys in the league in Parker.

We saw in the Mavs/Heat series last year that 5-man, team basketball is enough to overcome the individual talent on Miami team.

Eielson
5/30/2012, 12:02 PM
The Spurs are a perfect example of a team being hated for no other reason than being good.

Fraggle145
6/1/2012, 04:15 PM
The Spurs are a perfect example of a team being hated for no other reason than being good.

And whiny titbags, dont forget that.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/2/2012, 11:35 PM
This is a Sooners board(most of the time) OKC Thunder is held in higher regard than most non-Sooner teams, but they're still not OU.

Soonerus
6/3/2012, 01:46 AM
Thunder playoff games are as good or better than OU game...

swardboy
6/3/2012, 07:16 AM
I'm pulling for the Thunder, but this ball-hog style of offense doesn't sit well.

Good to see Serge, a D guy, pull 11 out of 11 out of his....hat. Hard to see OKC pulling a win out of San Antonio though.

6/3/2012, 11:11 AM
Thunder playoff games are as good or better than OU game...You like lOSUr wins?

6/3/2012, 11:13 AM
I'm pulling for the Thunder, but this ball-hog style of offense doesn't sit well.

Good to see Serge, a D guy, pull 11 out of 11 out of his....hat. Hard to see OKC pulling a win out of San Antonio though.agreed. It was a bit disconcerting to see Durant try to do it all himself. That can backfire.

nighttrain12
6/3/2012, 08:44 PM
They got the job done in OKC and though the fact the Spurs scored 60 points in the second half in game 4 concerns me, I think we can pull one out down in Tex-A$$.

TTFU!

swardboy
6/5/2012, 12:09 PM
Well heck if we didn't steal one in SA! Now it's back home to OKC and a win for the finals. Great.

kbsooner21
6/5/2012, 12:19 PM
I just can't believe this is the first post on the Thunder board about the WC finals. I thought there would have been way more playoff chatter this year. I'd imagine Ginobili has to be like getting a taste of your own medicine with Harden having a similar skill set. When Ginobili is healthy he can still make a huge impact on the game.

As a blatant Mavs homer, I hate both the Spurs and Thunder. Just when you think the Spurs are all but dead, they spring back and are putting together another run. The Thunder, a young team that is so good, but you just don't feel like they deserve to be in the championship mix. They haven't gone through enough playoff dissapointments in my opinion to deserve being NBA champions as such a young team.

If the name of the game is "Keep Miami from winning a title" then the Spurs have the best chance to do it this year. Not saying the Thunder couldn't take down Lebron and Wade in the finals, I just think the Spurs are better equipped to do it. Spurs are a very deep team right now, can defend well, have an experienced core group and coach, and they have one the best executing pick and roll guys in the league in Parker.

We saw in the Mavs/Heat series last year that 5-man, team basketball is enough to overcome the individual talent on Miami team.

If by "not going through enough playoff disappointments" you mean not choking their asses off like the Mavs then I agree.

kbsooner21
6/5/2012, 12:20 PM
agreed. It was a bit disconcerting to see Durant try to do it all himself. That can backfire.

Really??? That was pure greatness my friend!

swardboy
6/5/2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I feel Durant did what Durant had to do in game 4...take the game on his shoulders. It's Westbrook that knots my stomach up, and to some degree Harden. But gosh, they can look like worldbeaters when their game is "on."

6/5/2012, 07:38 PM
NM

ouflak
6/6/2012, 02:00 AM
Nothing left to do now but put your vMoney where your vMouth is (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?168570-6-6-NBA-GAME-6-San-Antonio-Spurs-versus-OKC-Thunder&goto=newpost).

ouleaf
6/6/2012, 09:47 AM
If by "not going through enough playoff disappointments" you mean not choking their asses off like the Mavs then I agree.

By "not going through enough playoff disappointments" I mean a lack of experience to win it all. And that means both players and coach. About the only guy on the team with real playoff skins on the wall is Fisher, maybe Perkins.

Also pretty sure the Mavs won the title last year, finally redeeming themselves from all those years of struggle and frustration. Would like to see the Thunder do that and make the playoffs 12 years straight. The Mavs have built and rebuilt their team around Dirk to consistently win year in and year out. The Thunder have just sucked so bad that they have a team of young lottery picks all on the same team. Lets see how good they are when they lose Harden in FA after next season and don't have the benefit of drafting in the top 5 every year.

kbsooner21
6/6/2012, 01:07 PM
By "not going through enough playoff disappointments" I mean a lack of experience to win it all. And that means both players and coach. About the only guy on the team with real playoff skins on the wall is Fisher, maybe Perkins.

Also pretty sure the Mavs won the title last year, finally redeeming themselves from all those years of struggle and frustration. Would like to see the Thunder do that and make the playoffs 12 years straight. The Mavs have built and rebuilt their team around Dirk to consistently win year in and year out. The Thunder have just sucked so bad that they have a team of young lottery picks all on the same team. Lets see how good they are when they lose Harden in FA after next season and don't have the benefit of drafting in the top 5 every year.

Mavs fans are the biggest damn crybabies of any franchise. You guys follow the lead of Dirk very well.

C&CDean
6/6/2012, 02:21 PM
The Spurs are a perfect example of a team being hated for no other reason than being black.

FIFY

Oh yeah, what do you call 12 millionaires watching the NBA Finals?

Fraggle145
6/6/2012, 02:21 PM
To win the whole thing (if they beat San Antonio) they would have beaten 4 out of the last 6 (Dallas, LA, SA, Boston or Miami) teams to win an NBA title since the Bulls had their dynasty - the other team is Detroit.

ouleaf
6/7/2012, 02:30 AM
Mavs fans are the biggest damn crybabies of any franchise. You guys follow the lead of Dirk very well.

Really? So just because someone has an opinion that doesnt support your team of choice automatically makes them crybabies? What a fool. Dirk shut the mouths of all the Haters out there once and for all last year with his play on court.

I'll admit that what the Thunder have done this year is impressive. I'm just saying I don't think they have what it takes to win it all yet.

olevetonahill
6/7/2012, 02:51 AM

Say what? dont look so hot now do they?

OULenexaman
6/7/2012, 12:34 PM
FIFY

Oh yeah, what do you call 12 millionaires watching the NBA Finals? People that annoy you?

C&CDean
6/7/2012, 03:27 PM
People that annoy you?

No, the Spurs.

olevetonahill
6/7/2012, 04:28 PM
No, the Spurs.
:excitement::very_drunk:

kbsooner21
6/7/2012, 09:16 PM
Really? So just because someone has an opinion that doesnt support your team of choice automatically makes them crybabies? What a fool. Dirk shut the mouths of all the Haters out there once and for all last year with his play on court.

I'll admit that what the Thunder have done this year is impressive. I'm just saying I don't think they have what it takes to win it all yet.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I know several Mavs fans and they are all sour grapes whiners about the Thunder. Never giving the props that they deserve. No sweat off my balls. :D

Fraggle145
6/8/2012, 11:05 AM
Eff em.

Curly Bill
6/8/2012, 01:43 PM
I still like Ginobli and I still like the Spurs. They lost to a younger and better team in the Thunder.

...and I'm a Mavericks fan that is also a Thunder fan. They're sorta 1 and 1-A on my list...just not sure which one goes on top? I like the way the Thunder has been put together as a team and the way they've matured as a team before our eyes the past few years, so I'm leaning towards Thunder being my fave.

6/8/2012, 01:56 PM
Thunder vs Miami or Boston is like taking on the NY Yankees in baseball. I would think almost everyone is pulling for the Thunder.(except maybe blue state folks)

Curly Bill
6/8/2012, 02:00 PM
Thunder vs Miami or Boston is like taking on the NY Yankees in baseball. I would think almost everyone is pulling for the Thunder.(except maybe blue state folks)

If it's Thunder-Celtics I think fandom will be more evenly split. I don't think the Celtics generate the same type, or at least as much, fan hate as the Yankees do. If it's Thunder-Heat the great majority outside Miami will be Thunder fans in the series.

Eielson
6/8/2012, 02:13 PM
Say what? dont look so hot now do they?

The Spurs have been one of the top teams for over a decade...

6/8/2012, 02:23 PM
If it's Thunder-Celtics I think fandom will be more evenly split. I don't think the Celtics generate the same type, or at least as much, fan hate as the Yankees do. If it's Thunder-Heat the great majority outside Miami will be Thunder fans in the series.I agree that th Celtics don't gin up the dislike as much as the Yankees or the Heat, but they are still old school, blue-staters, although they MIGHT be considered an underdog vs the Thunder.

Eielson
6/8/2012, 02:47 PM
Nobody likes Paul Pierce.

6/8/2012, 03:26 PM
Nobody likes Paul Pierce.Hasn't Kevin Durant learned to keep quiet about his love for the tx cows? I sure hope he has seen the need to stifle such comments.

Eielson
6/10/2012, 01:41 PM
Hasn't Kevin Durant learned to keep quiet about his love for the tx cows? I sure hope he has seen the need to stifle such comments.

Not that I know of. He's tweeted things, flashed the "hook em" thing in Norman, said he hates OU, and signs most of his autographs in Norman with "hook 'em" all in the last year or so. Even so, everyone and their dog has and wears Durant shirts around Norman. I personally find it a bit distasteful, but I'm not even much of a Thunder fan.

6/10/2012, 02:04 PM
Not that I know of. He's tweeted things, flashed the "hook em" thing in Norman, said he hates OU, and signs most of his autographs in Norman with "hook 'em" all in the last year or so. Even so, everyone and their dog has and wears Durant shirts around Norman. I personally find it a bit distasteful, but I'm not even much of a Thunder fan.UGH! Iprolly shouldn't have asked that question. I SURE don't like the answer!