PDA

View Full Version : Whom do we fear in the Big 12-2-2+2 in 2012? Anyone?

Tear Down This Wall
5/29/2012, 01:29 PM
Is there a schools we're supposed to fear in 2012? 'Cuz, if there is, I don't see it:

Texas - No QB, already torched the new DC from Middle Tennessee State...or wherever the hell it was he spent the majority of his career.
Oklahoma State - QB, top 2 WRs gone
Baylor - Top QB, RB, WR, OLs gone
Kansas State - Pretty much one threat...if we can't stop one player, the QB, from running, just fire Stoops and re-hire Gibbs and we can re-live Iowa State 1990 forever.
Kansas - It won't be conference basketball season until February
Texas Tech - I'll give you that they return their QB, RB, and two top WRs, but...back-to-back losses to Tech?
Iowa State - I mean...

Mizzou - gone
Texas A&M - gone

TCU -added - Really? We play them in the final game of the season. They'll be so bloodied from finally playing in a real conference, there won't be much left of them come December 1.
West Virginia - added - Maybe fear them because we play them on the road and they return starting QB, RB, top 2 WRs.

So, that's it - Maybe West Virginia. Everyone else is pretty much dog vomit.

olevetonahill
5/29/2012, 01:45 PM
This Flying Dick Wheel aint Skeered of none of em. A tad leary of WVU

badger
5/29/2012, 01:55 PM
Call me a sleep deprived mommy, but is losing such a big deal anymore? It's been happening every season for the past 12 years :(

Oh wait... maybe I should be smiley smiling instead of smiley frowning. Relax and enjoy football, win or lose. You'll miss it when it's offseason :)

Curly Bill
5/29/2012, 02:27 PM
We shouldn't fear any of em, cause we can beat em all, and in fact may be favored to beat em all. That being said prolly everyone of em can beat us if we don't take care of bizness.

starclassic tama
5/29/2012, 02:35 PM
Is there a schools we're supposed to fear in 2012? 'Cuz, if there is, I don't see it:

Texas - No QB, already torched the new DC from Middle Tennessee State...or wherever the hell it was he spent the majority of his career.
Baylor - Top QB, RB, WR, OLs gone
Kansas State - Pretty much one threat...if we can't stop one player, the QB, from running, just fire Stoops and re-hire Gibbs and we can re-live Iowa State 1990 forever.
Kansas - It won't be conference basketball season until February
Texas Tech - I'll give you that they return their QB, RB, and two top WRs, but...back-to-back losses to Tech?
Iowa State - I mean...

Mizzou - gone
Texas A&M - gone

TCU -added - Really? We play them in the final game of the season. They'll be so bloodied from finally playing in a real conference, there won't be much left of them come December 1.
West Virginia - added - Maybe fear them because we play them on the road and they return starting QB, RB, top 2 WRs.

So, that's it - Maybe West Virginia. Everyone else is pretty much dog vomit.you could say this almost every year in the big 12, just plug in whatever teams you like. there are always a handful of teams that are capable of beating OU, so unless there are little to no injuries and a year long focus a la 2000 there is at least one loss to be had in that schedule

Widescreen
5/29/2012, 02:45 PM

Their OL is decimated as well.

Bourbon St Sooner
5/29/2012, 02:45 PM
When you lose to 2011 Tech at home, you should fear everybody.

goingoneight
5/29/2012, 04:51 PM
Anyone who throws the ball and catches our team on our annual off day.

Salt City Sooner
5/29/2012, 11:13 PM
Only thing I've ever feared when it comes to OU football:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts__40/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-116692230-1283739595.jpg?ymLPeuDD.QPkL5_6

Breadburner
5/30/2012, 12:07 AM
Our-selves....

LVSOONER15
5/30/2012, 08:31 AM
I am going to just take it one game at a time.

cleller
5/30/2012, 09:26 AM
Seriously, I'd say WVU. Too many unknowns there. Hopefully Holgerson will get distracted.

Tear Down This Wall
5/30/2012, 10:32 AM
Anyone who throws the ball and catches our team on our annual off day.

We'll see whether this glaring problem will be solved. The vast majority of our losses during the Stoops Era have been because of safeties being out of place against teams who can throw.

Now, Bob himself coaches the safeties; but, Brent Venables, who coached the linebackers, was thrown overboard. Mike is now back to help with the secondary. And, I think we'll see Mike is more able that Bob to screw down the safety problem.

Will the run defense now spring a leak with Tim Kish coaching the linebackers instead of Venables?

Spray
5/30/2012, 11:44 AM
WVU is a trap game if I ever saw one.

Sooner98
5/30/2012, 01:09 PM
When you lose to 2011 Tech at home, you should fear everybody.

This.

If you are an OU fan and don't fear playing Tech, especially in Lubbock, you haven't been paying attention the last decade or so.

swardboy
5/30/2012, 01:44 PM
The only thing we have to feeah, is feeah itself.

Stay thirsty my friends.....

rock on sooner
5/30/2012, 02:11 PM
We shouldn't fear any of em, cause we can beat em all, and in fact may be favored to beat em all. That being said prolly everyone of em can beat us if we don't take care of bizness.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BoulderSooner79
5/30/2012, 02:26 PM
If we have a 90% chance of winning each game, that comes out to only 28% chance of winnng 12 in a row. Fear (or at least respect) the math.

FirstandGoal
6/3/2012, 03:09 PM
This.

If you are an OU fan and don't fear playing Tech, especially in Lubbock, you haven't been paying attention the last decade or so.

+1 million

marfacowboy
6/3/2012, 04:51 PM
I don't take anything for granted these days. I think having Stoops as DC makes a huge difference. Sometimes you just need a change in leadership to get guys motivated and playing up to their potential. I worry about our linebackers. It's supposed to be a strength, but I thought we looked small and slow last year. We weren't nearly as physical as LSU and Alabama's guys.

thecrimsoncrusader
6/5/2012, 06:28 AM
Providing Oklahoma doesn't lose Landry Jones in the 1st quarter, Oklahoma destroys Texas Tech in Lubbock. (ala Sam Bradford in 2007)

Providing Texas Tech isn't awarded touchdowns on the one yard mark, Oklahoma destroys Texas Tech in Lubbock. (2005)

Providing Texas Tech isn't awarded receptions on Oklahoma interceptions, Oklahoma destroys Texas Tech in Lubbock. (2005)

Providing Oklahoma doesn't field one of their worst teams in the Bob Stoops era, Oklahoma destroys Texas Tech in Lubbock. (2005 and 2009)

Brent Venables is no longer at Oklahoma, so Oklahoma destroys Texas Tech in Lubbock. (Oklahoma didn't have a problem with Texas Tech until Venables became the man).

There are no Ifs in this post, so responses to this post are not allowed!

KantoSooner
6/5/2012, 09:17 AM
Whatever happened to that pro-wrestler geek lineman TTU had? Is he taking cover charge money at a strip joint, yet?

The Maestro
6/5/2012, 09:31 AM
WVU is a trap game if I ever saw one.

Huh? A team that won the Orange Bowl with 70 points and a game that is in late November already touted as one of the top 10 games of the college football season is the opposite of a trap game. A trap game is somewhere like at Iowa State.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/5/2012, 09:51 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/001/384/Atrapitis.gif

BBQ Man
6/6/2012, 09:45 AM
I think WV poses the biggest match up problems, but that's it. Just about every year, OU is the best, but something happens. We need Saban like focus where there are no off weeks.

soonerboy_odanorth
6/6/2012, 10:20 AM
7-5. We lose to Tech, Texas, Notre Dame, WVU and TCU. Stoops retires.

There.

Now, anything we do better than that is gravy for you effing hillbillies.

Tear Down This Wall
6/6/2012, 11:39 PM
Brent Venables is no longer at Oklahoma, so Oklahoma destroys Texas Tech in Lubbock. (Oklahoma didn't have a problem with Texas Tech until Venables became the man).

There are no Ifs in this post, so responses to this post are not allowed!

1999: Texas Tech 38, Oklahoma 28.

soonervegas
6/8/2012, 04:41 PM
Everyone already has it right:

at WV
at TT
and a coaching staff lacking championship fire

8timechamps
6/9/2012, 10:42 PM
Whatever happened to that pro-wrestler geek lineman TTU had? Is he taking cover charge money at a strip joint, yet?

If you're talking about the face-painting dude, he officially became the poster child of the '08 beat-down. Every time I think of that game, he comes to mind.

olevetonahill
6/9/2012, 11:03 PM
If You FEAR any of em then yer a Punannie, None of em skeer me. Can any of em beat us, Most assuredly. The Little sisters of the Blind can beat us if we aint prepared .

Said it before Ill keep sayin it, Aint Skeered, If we lose on the field then so be it , But I aint given a game up here on the board until then.:victorious:

KantoSooner
6/11/2012, 10:04 AM
If you're talking about the face-painting dude, he officially became the poster child of the '08 beat-down. Every time I think of that game, he comes to mind.

He's the one. Man, talk about setting yourself up for abject humiliation. Oh well, better him than me.
Yay Schadenfreude!