PDA

View Full Version : the MERMAID show on APL

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/28/2012, 11:03 PM
While waiting for the 2 hr season finale on APL of the River Monster show, they stick this 2 hr. "science" on the screen, to have us believe there is man alive in the oceans, in order to prevent whaling.

It treated Navy sonar tests and experiments as though they are done for no good reason. We DO have human enemies, and I would hope the purpose of radar and sonal experiments in the oceans is to better prepare our national defenses. Who knows?

It's hard to say who is ultimately behind this and why, but it's a pretty wild-as*ed ride, to go along with the Paul Watson thing. Perhaps they really believe whales deserve special protection? Perhaps it's really true that there are manlike creatures in the seas?

Sooner_Bob
5/30/2012, 09:39 AM
I think it was just someone's wild fantasy put on screen.

SoonerAtKU
5/30/2012, 10:25 AM
So every last bit of the "evidence" boiled down to some sonar chatter they couldn't explain and a "body" that was mangled beyond belief and couldn't be identified. Gotcha. Mermaids.

5/30/2012, 10:26 AM
I think it was just someone's wild fantasy put on screen.Thanks, guys. Did anyone else here watch the show, and care to comment?

5/30/2012, 10:33 AM
So every last bit of the "evidence" boiled down to some sonar chatter they couldn't explain and a "body" that was mangled beyond belief and couldn't be identified. Gotcha. Mermaids.If I remember correctly, they said that the manlike creature had adapted to be able to hold his breath for "a long time". Then they had their video of him swimming with his family for what seemed like a very long time underwater. The positioning of the show just before River Monsters causes speculation, too, FWIW. Doesn't surprise me, no matter what reason they had for showing it, and at that specific time.

SoonerAtKU
5/30/2012, 11:17 AM
I think it's very interesting that any "Marine Ape" or whatever they're calling it would have only limited areas in which to survive, most of which are fairly close to human populations. It's for very good reason, the water is warmer, the fishing is good, few large predators, etc. It's not as if these things would be hiding at the bottom of the ocean, since even these people refer to them as mammals who can hold their breath for quite a long time, not as water-breathers. Evidence would be all over the place, not just stingray barbs and sailor stories.

pphilfran
5/30/2012, 11:39 AM
I was catfishing one day and actually caught a mermaid...she begged for me to release her and promised me three wishes if I let her loose..I let her go but she never granted me my three wishes...I hope she has turned into shark chum...

OULenexaman
5/30/2012, 12:01 PM
so what were the wishes??

pphilfran
5/30/2012, 12:16 PM
1. A new rod and reel...I had the drag set wrong and I destroyed them when I reeled her in...
2. A new Styrofoam cooler
3. A case of JB Weld and duct tape...(being half fish and blonde I didn't think she would notice I combined two)

SoonerStormchaser
5/30/2012, 06:36 PM
Mermaid show? When did Aubrey O'Day get her own show?

5/30/2012, 07:40 PM
I was catfishing one day and actually caught a mermaid...she begged for me to release her and promised me three wishes if I let her loose..I let her go but she never granted me my three wishes...I hope she has turned into shark chum...You bitch! That's plenty bad karma...

5/27/2013, 02:36 AM
APL is now back with new mermaid shows, almost exactly one year from their original stuff. It has taken a new directional focus, now. They seem to be aiming more toward prohibitions of geological exploration and drilling in this round, rather than simply discussing sonar or radar being used in the oceans.

SicEmBaylor
5/27/2013, 03:07 PM
You all know this is a mocumentary, right? The entire thing is a gag....it's like the science equivalent to Spinal Tap.

There aren't phantom sonar readings nor was a mermaid body ever recovered.
http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=277960

5/27/2013, 03:21 PM
Some humanoids morphed into mermaids, and some went the sasquatch/yetti route. No big wup! Just don't drill for oil where they live, or use sonar devices which might kill 'em.

SicEmBaylor
5/27/2013, 03:28 PM
I'd like to mount a mermaid.

SicEmBaylor
5/27/2013, 03:29 PM
Nevermind...no I wouldn't. I have a fish phobia.

5/27/2013, 03:30 PM
I'd like to mount a mermaid.you can get one from APL for the right price.

5/27/2013, 03:40 PM
Nevermind...no I wouldn't. I have a fish phobia.then you're good. They are marine mammals.

SicEmBaylor
5/27/2013, 03:46 PM
then you're good. They are marine mammals.

Hah, touche. Still, they have scales.

My favorite sea creature is the manatee. They remind me of my beloved English Bulldogs....completely docile, fat as ****, and so ugly they're cute.

picasso
5/28/2013, 12:08 AM
Pretty obvious that video was fake.

Jacie
5/28/2013, 08:02 AM
Actually, the sasquatches are the merpeople. You know this is true because there is no hard evidence for either of em . . .

Soonerjeepman
5/28/2013, 11:31 AM
Actually, the sasquatches are the merpeople. You know this is true because there is no hard evidence for either of em . . .

heard michelle o is a long relative of the sasquatches...just repeating what I hear..or read I guess.