PDA

View Full Version : 2012 WCWS in OKC

Sooner95
5/28/2012, 03:29 PM
Alright. Down to the final 8 teams.

Live Bracket Here. (http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/softball/d1)

We get S. Florida first, then I would guess Cal next. Cal is the top seed, so we will find out how good we really are.

C&CDean
5/31/2012, 02:58 PM
5-1 win over sf for the girls.

Boomer.....
5/31/2012, 03:00 PM
Wimmin beat South Florida 5-1 today. We will now face the winner of LSU/Cal tomorrow at 6pm.

Boomer.....
5/31/2012, 03:01 PM
Damn you Dean!

oudanny
5/31/2012, 03:54 PM
Good win. That SF pitcher was scary.

8timechamps
5/31/2012, 04:25 PM
LSU is up 2-1 (▲5th) right now. They are a scrappy little team, and giving the "best team in the country" a game.

JoeR
5/31/2012, 04:34 PM
The team played well today. Going to see a lot of great pitching this week. The defense is going to have to step it up to support Keilani.
Also, if you didn't see this: http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/053012aaj.html
Three FIRST-TEAM All-Americans, none are Seniors, Chamberlain is a Freshman. Impressive.

Sooner95
5/31/2012, 09:03 PM
Cal took care of LSU 5-3.

The Bears are next up for us. Tomorrow, 7 EST, ESPN2.

BOOMER!!

Blue
6/1/2012, 06:02 PM
Lets do dis! Go Sooners!

Sooner95
6/1/2012, 07:19 PM
1-0 OU T4

Sooner95
6/1/2012, 07:42 PM
Yay! 2-0!

Sooner95
6/1/2012, 08:06 PM
Tack on another!

3-0 OU B6

Sooner95
6/1/2012, 08:09 PM
Via twitter;

Freshman Georgia Casey hits her 10th HR of the season to give @SoonerSoftball a 3-0 lead over Cal in #WCWS. OU leads the nation with 97 HRs.

Sooner95
6/1/2012, 08:24 PM
3-0 OU B7

This is it! Finish them!

Sooner95
6/1/2012, 08:33 PM
BIG TIME

OU finished them 3-0.

Sooner95
6/1/2012, 08:34 PM
Ricketts struck out 16. Sixteen freggin batters. She rocks.

Well done!

Sooner95
6/1/2012, 08:35 PM
Sooners get a day off and will play Sunday, 1pm ET, on ESPN vs the winner of the losers. I'd guess Cal again, but we shall see.

Boomer.....
6/1/2012, 08:43 PM
Great performance, great crowd, and great win!

SoonerStormchaser
6/1/2012, 08:58 PM
So what does that mean?

Sooner95
6/1/2012, 09:30 PM
So what does that mean?

Basically it puts us in the driver seat for one of the two spots in the Title Game.

refer to the bracket (http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/softball/d1) and you'll see.

JoeR
6/1/2012, 09:49 PM
16 of the 21 outs were strikeouts, and a shutout, against the #1 team in the country. Way to show you are the National Player of the Year!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/1/2012, 11:52 PM
Bammers beat ASU for the other winners bracket win. We play again Sunday, which is s semifinals game. If we win that one, we're in the finals. If we lose, we play back thru the loser's bracket....I think.

Here's the brackets for the WCWS in OKC. SOONER FANS IN OK OUGHTA GO TO THE GAME! Should be a lot of fun.

Blue
6/1/2012, 11:59 PM
Bammers beat ASU for the other winners bracket win. I think we play Bams in the W bracket Sunday, which is s semifinals game. If we win that one, we're in the finals. If we lose, we play back thru the loser's bracket....I think.

OU plays one side of losers, Bama plays the other side. And we have to win once to advance and to get eliminated have to lose twice. Barring someone beating bama twice or OU twice, it'll be Bama vs OU next week for the champeenship.

6/2/2012, 12:11 AM
OU plays one side of losers, Bama plays the other side. And we have to win once to advance and to get eliminated have to lose twice. Barring someone beating bama twice or OU twice, it'll be Bama vs OU next week for the champeenship.Yeah, I was repeating something I heard earlier while watching the game. After making my post, I looked at the brackets, and then edited my post.

Both Bammer and ASU have scary-good pitchers.

MsProudSooner
6/2/2012, 12:53 AM
Both Bammer and ASU have scary-good pitchers.

So do we.

SOONERKAT
6/2/2012, 09:11 AM
So do we.

This. I have also watched the ASU pitcher (Escobedo) get lit up by ULL during the regionals, whereas Keilani has been alomst unhitable. The Bama staff is solid, but OU has the better team right now, regardless of ranking. My daughter has played tournament softball for the past six years and we have been all over the US playing in national tournaments and we have seen the game at a very high level with certain teams that are just dominant. That said, what we are witnessing with this team right is the game played at its absolute highest level. In past years, the WCWS has been all about one pitcher (Finch, Abbott ,Mowatt, Lawrie, etc.) and one or two batters scratching out a run in a pitchers duel, but with our ladies right now, you have the best player in the game setting down the oposition and a slew of bats, including the best freshman in the country in Lauren, providing more than enough offense.

The biggest thing for the team right now is that they got hot at the right time. Last year, they were a solid team but just lost it once they reached the regionals. This year, everything is coming together right now and it is a thing of beauty. They still have to get it done against the best in the nation and Cal will not go down without giving them all they can handle, but as you guys have pointed out, Cal (or LSU, but I doubt it) have to beat OU twice to knock them out and I just don't see it.

Lastly, you know this team is creating quite a bit of buzz on campus when you consider who all has shown up to some of the games, particularily yesterday. Sherri and some of the BB players were there, as was the entire baseball team. There were even some rumblings in the stands that the brothers Stoops and their families were in the house for last night's game. Good to see the athletics folks supporting their own.

Oh yeah, have I mentioned that of the 9 starters yesterday, only 1 is a senior?

C&CDean
6/2/2012, 10:05 AM
This. I have also watched the ASU pitcher (Escobedo) get lit up by ULL during the regionals, whereas Keilani has been alomst unhitable. The Bama staff is solid, but OU has the better team right now, regardless of ranking. My daughter has played tournament softball for the past six years and we have been all over the US playing in national tournaments and we have seen the game at a very high level with certain teams that are just dominant. That said, what we are witnessing with this team right is the game played at its absolute highest level. In past years, the WCWS has been all about one pitcher (Finch, Abbott ,Mowatt, Lawrie, etc.) and one or two batters scratching out a run in a pitchers duel, but with our ladies right now, you have the best player in the game setting down the oposition and a slew of bats, including the best freshman in the country in Lauren, providing more than enough offense.

The biggest thing for the team right now is that they got hot at the right time. Last year, they were a solid team but just lost it once they reached the regionals. This year, everything is coming together right now and it is a thing of beauty. They still have to get it done against the best in the nation and Cal will not go down without giving them all they can handle, but as you guys have pointed out, Cal (or LSU, but I doubt it) have to beat OU twice to knock them out and I just don't see it.

Lastly, you know this team is creating quite a bit of buzz on campus when you consider who all has shown up to some of the games, particularily yesterday. Sherri and some of the BB players were there, as was the entire baseball team. There were even some rumblings in the stands that the brothers Stoops and their families were in the house for last night's game. Good to see the athletics folks supporting their own.

Oh yeah, have I mentioned that of the 9 starters yesterday, only 1 is a senior?0

Nuh uh. Unless the WCWS is being played in Virginia.

And I agree completely. These girls got "it." Big time "it."

Jeronimo
6/2/2012, 11:01 AM
The baseball boys were at the Super Regionals against Arizona. I think KAT was speaking about the support in general over the post season. This team is red hot right now. Keilani is the best pitcher in the country right now. Not too many pitchers mow down 16 K's against a team that has been #1 literally all season. But the 3-4-5 hitters for OU are more than trouble for any team, and others in the lineup are getting on base around them. The lead-off hitter Georgia Casey went yard on Cal last night. Lauren Chamberlain is a freshman and after watching a lot of the regionals and super regionals, she is the best hitter in the country. Hands down. And Keilani is the best pitcher in the country also hands down. OU will have all but one girl back next year. Should have another big year next year.

Blue
6/2/2012, 08:31 PM
Bracket says OU vs Arizona State 12 pm central tomorrow. Tough matchup but they gotta beat us twice. I like our chances.

OU_Sooners75
6/2/2012, 08:41 PM
ASU's pitcher is decent...but she has been lit up like a Christmas tree on more than one occasion this year.

Got lit up against ULL in the regionals.

I don't see ASU beating OU twice...but then again, ASU is more than worthy to do it.

SoonerMarkVA
6/2/2012, 09:26 PM
Does anyone understand the cross-bracket losers? I assumed both sides of the brackets played the standard 4-team double elimination, so I expected to play Cal or LSU. Has it been that way for a while? Seems really weird.

Soonerfan88
6/2/2012, 09:48 PM
I'm with Mark. I noticed it last night when they slotted Cal in the other game but thought it was just a data entry screw up. When and why did they go to the cross bracketing?

6/2/2012, 11:15 PM
ASU's pitcher is decent...but she has been lit up like a Christmas tree on more than one occasion this year.

Got lit up against ULL in the regionals.

I don't see ASU beating OU twice...but then again, ASU is more than worthy to do it.We will have our hands full. When her riser ball is on, I still find her VERY scary. I believe Cal is fully capable of beating Bammers, as well. The 4 remaining teams really are the top 4, IMHO.

6/3/2012, 12:19 PM
Sunday. ugh! Keilawni looking troubled. We're behind 0-2 in the first.

Sooner95
6/3/2012, 12:51 PM
2-1 ASU T3

Sooner95
6/3/2012, 01:12 PM
Ricketts and Shultz with back to back doubles, scoring 3.

4-2 OU B3

BIGTIME!

Sooner95
6/3/2012, 01:14 PM
Ah man, hate to see that. error on that popup.

Brings in another!!

5-2 OU B3

6/3/2012, 01:14 PM
SOONERS UP 5-2! I sure hope Keilawnee has it together now!

6/3/2012, 01:18 PM
Ricketts and Shultz with back to back doubles, scoring 3.

4-2 OU B3

BIGTIME!Did they rule the Shultz drive a hit?

6/3/2012, 01:36 PM
If ever a women's softball team was to have 2 top flight pitchers at the same time, they would be a near shoe-in.

Sooner95
6/3/2012, 02:12 PM
Nice!! 3 outs away!

5-3 OU B6

Sooner95
6/3/2012, 02:30 PM
Ricketts. Strikes out the freakin side!

OU wins 5-3 and advances to the Championship game on Monday Night!!

ouflak
6/3/2012, 02:34 PM
Yay!

6/3/2012, 03:05 PM
Hopefully, Cal can win this afternoon, so Cal and Bamers will have to play again, to determine who faces us in the finals.

6/3/2012, 03:07 PM
Ricketts. Strikes out the freakin side!

OU wins 5-3 and advances to the Championship SERIES on Monday Night!!2 outa 3 in the finals series, ain't it?

6/3/2012, 03:53 PM
Bamers seem very well prepared, confident, and poised. Saban has created a monster!

Sooner95
6/3/2012, 04:02 PM
2 outa 3 in the finals series, ain't it?

Yea my bad. 2 out of 3.

jkjsooner
6/3/2012, 06:18 PM
Does anyone understand the cross-bracket losers? I assumed both sides of the brackets played the standard 4-team double elimination, so I expected to play Cal or LSU. Has it been that way for a while? Seems really weird.

I think it's designed to get the best two teams in the title game. Even if you happen to match up the best two in the same half of the bracket they can end up both making the title.

It's a good system. They have it or some variation of it in the men's CWS for a long time.

Sabanball
6/3/2012, 07:54 PM
Congrats to the Lady Sooners on getting to the finals. I'm predicting right now that it will take three games to decide this championship. Both of our teams are that good and very evenly matched. May the best team win!

Roll Tide!

SOONERKAT
6/3/2012, 09:22 PM
The baseball boys were at the Super Regionals against Arizona. I think KAT was speaking about the support in general over the post season.

Yeah, this is what I meant but was not clear. I'm sure it is understood, but having this tourney in OKC is such a huge advantage and the OU support is amazing. Keilani is so frickin' rediculous it is unreal. To get rattled early like she did today and then just turn it on is almost unheard of and the bats just get it done up and down the lineup. I mean check it out, it has not been about one batter (well, aside frmo Lauren)this entire post-season. It just seems like in each game someone that might have been strugling as of late steps up and gets the key hit. Lauren and Keilani have been money at the plate most of year when it counts, but it's the hits like the Georgia Casey HR that these other teams just don't see coming.

I think Saban summed it up best in that Bama and the Sooners are very evenly mathced and I too see this series going 3 games. It will be about who can limit their mistakes and who takes advantage of the other teams mistakes.

Two more wins ladies! Let's keep that trophy in Oklahoma where it belongs!

BOOMER!

SteelClip49
6/3/2012, 11:47 PM
Interesting note here....

This will be the first national championship matchup where there is NOT a Pac 12/west coast program involved.

JoeR
6/4/2012, 12:12 PM
Watching the games I noticed they played Boomer Sooner over the PA speakers after OU scored. Did they do this for the other teams as well? OKC is supposed to be a neutral site (I know they can't control the size of the crowd).

SOONERKAT
6/4/2012, 12:23 PM
Interesting note here....

This will be the first national championship matchup where there is NOT a Pac 12/west coast program involved.

This is a very noteworthy point, as teams from the PAC 12(10) have always dominated softball. I can't say that this signals a change in the tide, but it is nice to see a little more parity in the sport this year. That said, it also highlights the trend in continued SEC atheltic superiority.

As an aside, this is how it is at the junior level as well, in that California teams tend to dominate most national tournaments. My daughter's teams have played in ASA, USFA, and USSSA national tourneys all over the States, and the California teams have historically won titles more so than teams from any others states. Must be something in the water ...

6/4/2012, 12:34 PM
Watching the games I noticed they played Boomer Sooner over the PA speakers after OU scored. Did they do this for the other teams as well? OKC is supposed to be a neutral site (I know they can't control the size of the crowd). Some govt. oversight is needed.

Blue
6/4/2012, 07:26 PM
Kaylani strikes out the side in bottom of the first. Sit down Bama!

kevpks
6/4/2012, 08:07 PM
Just a few runs will do it. C'mon girls!

Chuck Bao
6/4/2012, 08:52 PM
What's the score?

Boomer.....
6/4/2012, 08:54 PM
1-0 Bama going into the top of the 5th.

OU bats come alive in the 5th and score two runs. 2-1 OU bottom of the 5th. Bama has already given up 10 hits tonight which matches their total given up for the wcws. We left the bases loaded though and have 11 lob.

Chuck Bao
6/4/2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks Boomer.....

SoonerMarkVA
6/4/2012, 09:04 PM
1-0 Bama going into the top of the 5th.

OU bats come alive in the 5th and score two runs. 2-1 OU bottom of the 5th. Bama has already given up 10 hits tonight which matches their total given up for the wcws. We left the bases loaded though and have 11 lob.

I have to say, we have let slip away a complete blowout. We are hitting and getting runners in scoring position regularly. This game could easily be 8-1 right now. If we win it, and that settles our nerves, I think we'll dispatch with 'Bama pretty easily tomorrow. If we don't ...

Boomer.....
6/4/2012, 09:12 PM
Top of the 6th. OU up with runners at second and third with one out.

Boomer.....
6/4/2012, 09:13 PM
Blooper falls in. 3-1 OU with runners on first and third. Still one out.

Boomer.....
6/4/2012, 09:16 PM
Sac bunt. 4-1 OU.

Chuck Bao
6/4/2012, 09:23 PM
Way to go! And, thanks again Boomer.....

Boomer.....
6/4/2012, 09:28 PM
4-1 OU top of the 7th. Ricketts is having another great game. 11Ks.

Boomer.....
6/4/2012, 09:43 PM
OU wins 4-1

Blue
6/4/2012, 09:45 PM
Berry Niiice...

marfacowboy
6/4/2012, 09:47 PM
Good night for the Sooners all around.

SoonerMarkVA
6/4/2012, 09:53 PM
I can't help it, but I'm getting thoughts about the last time the girls won the NC and what happened that year in football when no one expected a whole lot from the team. Maybe it's related to the Chinese zodiac :)

6/4/2012, 10:13 PM
I can't help it, but I'm getting thoughts about the last time the girls won the NC and what happened that year in football when no one expected a whole lot from the team. Maybe it's related to the Chinese zodiac :)Proper Attitude! I was on pins and needles through the whole game, and was so frustrated the way we kept hitting Traina, but kept stranding runners.

Finally, we just had too much hitting, and got a few in. Maybe we can do it again tomorrow...

SOONERKAT
6/4/2012, 10:25 PM
Oh man, BOOMMER SOONER! 11 hits of Traina is big time, huge. Watching the post-game and the girls are totally calm and collected.

One more ladies, go get it!

Bourbon St Sooner
6/5/2012, 12:17 PM
OU finishes this tonight. We were tagging that pitcher. We even had a couple of popups that almost left the yard.

6/5/2012, 12:34 PM
OU finishes this tonight. We were tagging that pitcher. We even had a couple of popups that almost left the yard.I'm feeling good about it.

SoonerMarkVA
6/5/2012, 12:59 PM
OU finishes this tonight. We were tagging that pitcher. We even had a couple of popups that almost left the yard.

That's what I was saying last night. At the end of the 4th, I was posted the game could easily be 8-1. 'Bama squeezed out of a lot of tight spots that could have more easily broken open instead. I expect the girls to be more relaxed tonight, more able to focus on the game without jitters. I also wonder how much 'Bama's psyche has been damaged after going 11 straight only to be taken to the woodshed in every way but the final score.

Sabanball
6/5/2012, 05:37 PM
Congrats on the win last night. I said all along that I thought it would be very tough to beat the lady Sooners in OKC. Your pitcher was lights out in shackling my tide by only surrendering 5 hits. Hopefully we can get back in this thing by eking out a win tonight.

SoonerStormchaser
6/5/2012, 07:15 PM
Uh oh...top of the 1st...2 out...bases loaded for Bama

6/5/2012, 07:34 PM
OU 1-0 after i inning.

SoonerMarkVA
6/5/2012, 07:50 PM
Wow. Maybe they were too relaxed.

6/5/2012, 08:23 PM
Wow. Maybe they were too relaxed.The intensity is low, and the Bamers are repulsively noisy.

Sabanball
6/5/2012, 08:35 PM
By no means a concession speech, but with your pitching change and Ricketts out(to keep her tank from going to empty), I think your team has an eye on wednesday. I think....

tulsaoilerfan
6/5/2012, 09:00 PM
Flat and no intensity tonight; kinda seems like the football team at times doesn't it? LOL

6/5/2012, 09:09 PM
Flat and no intensity tonight; kinda seems like the football team at times doesn't it? LOLone should NEVER count on the other team to give up, esp. with a team as driven as the bames

Sabanball
6/5/2012, 09:17 PM
Dear Oklahoma,

Of course it will not end tonight, but didn't you learn anything from us? Bama spots you the first game and then-- dominates.

Sincerely,

LSU

;-)

6/5/2012, 09:29 PM
Dear Oklahoma,

Of course it will not end tonight, but didn't you learn anything from us? Bama spots you the first game and then-- dominates.

Sincerely,

LSU

;-)You're a strange one, sabansballs

kevpks
6/5/2012, 10:02 PM
Nice rally in the seventh. That's a little preview of the hitting to expect tomorrow. If we can just field the ball cleanly and avoid hitting batters, we'll win.

SoonerMarkVA
6/5/2012, 10:03 PM
Dear Oklahoma,

Sincerely,

LSU

;-)

I assume your winky means jest, since you had 8 runs on 4 hits. I'm not sure you had a single earned run. Even still, once the bats got going, the Sooners showed what they're capable of, very quickly. I wouldn't count on the sloppy play tomorrow.

8timechamps
6/5/2012, 11:34 PM
All I've heard about Bama (during the entire WCWS) is how good they play with their backs against the wall. They showed that tonight, they looked like they wanted it more. Maybe that was just my pessimist thoughts.

Anyway, I didn't expect us to sweep the Tide. They are a very good team, with a lot of senior players. However, I don't see Ricketts coming out tomorrow looking as off as she did tonight. Kudos to Bama's coach for making the adjustments (mostly in crowding the plate), but now that it's been seen, I think it's a non-factor tomorrow.

Plus, it looks like we finally got the bats going and scoring picked up. Ready to watch the final!!!

Boomer.....
6/6/2012, 07:28 AM
Hopefully Keilani is back under control tonight.

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2012, 08:04 AM
Well...at least they made it a respectable final score...and against a pitcher who looks like she was beaten with the worst side of an ugly stick!

FaninAma
6/6/2012, 08:30 AM
If Bama hitters are going to crowd the plate then the home plate ump has to give the pitcher the outside corners and then some. Gasso needs to be lobbying him from the very start of the game about this. Very cheap tactic by the Bama coach ....but then would anyone expect less from a team from the SEC?

FaninAma
6/6/2012, 08:32 AM
You're a strange one, sabansballs

There's nothing strange about being an a$$.

C&CDean
6/6/2012, 08:37 AM
If Bama hitters are going to crowd the plate then the home plate ump has to give the pitcher the outside corners and then some. Gasso needs to be lobbying him from the very start of the game about this. Very cheap tactic by the Bama coach ....but then would anyone expect less from a team from the SEC?

Or Ricketts needs to plunk them right in the kisser. Hard as she can throw. To hell with hitting them on the arm or leg. Kisser.

SoonerMarkVA
6/6/2012, 09:36 AM

Yes, it was. Did anyone else think of the "Bad News Bears" when Buttermaker ordered that one wimpy kid not to swing but instead let the pitch hit him? Seems that was the entire offensive game plan for 'Bama.

oudanny
6/6/2012, 10:33 AM
I thought it was a good tactic. The batter is allowed to stand as close to the plate as the batter's box allows. If the ball comes into the box and hits the batter, then it is legal. The problem for Keilani is that she needs to challenge the batter's on the inside corner which requires pinpoint control. Hitting spots has not been a strong point for her. Hopefully, she and the defense are on tonight.

IndySooner
6/6/2012, 10:44 AM
I thought it was a good tactic. The batter is allowed to stand as close to the plate as the batter's box allows. If the ball comes into the box and hits the batter, then it is legal. The problem for Keilani is that she needs to challenge the batter's on the inside corner which requires pinpoint control. Hitting spots has not been a strong point for her. Hopefully, she and the defense are on tonight.
This. There's nothing cheap about it. You see it in college baseball all the time. She needs to hit her spots.

C&CDean
6/6/2012, 10:51 AM
This. There's nothing cheap about it. You see it in college baseball all the time. She needs to hit her spots.

Damn right. The kisser.

Keilani Ricketts won the game for Alabama. That simple. 8 runs on 4 hits?

I ain't bagging on Alabama at all. Their coach was smart enough to do what he had to do. I fully expect Ricketts to make the necessary adjustments and mow them down tonight. I'm gonna go ahead and call the no-no right now.

6/6/2012, 11:46 AM
There's nothing strange about being an a$$.His lurking here instead of at Bammer is what's strange, IMHO.

8timechamps
6/6/2012, 04:13 PM
Damn right. The kisser.

Keilani Ricketts won the game for Alabama. That simple. 8 runs on 4 hits?

I ain't bagging on Alabama at all. Their coach was smart enough to do what he had to do. I fully expect Ricketts to make the necessary adjustments and mow them down tonight. I'm gonna go ahead and call the no-no right now.

I'm pretty sure she popped the girl in the first inning on purpose. If nothing else, it'll make 'em think twice about leaning in.

This tactic has been used in baseball (and I'm sure softball) for years. The Bama coach was just smart enough to realize it would affect Kellani last night. It ain't gonna fly tonight.

Not to mention that our bats are hot. How many runners did we leave on base in the first game, 10+? Scored 6 last night, and all but one of those came in the last inning. I'm thinking we have Bama's pitching figured out, and the only way they hit Kellani is by getting her out of her game. Give her 24 hours to work through that, and I think it's over for the Tide.

Final Score:

OU 5
Bama 2

C&CDean
6/6/2012, 04:31 PM
It's raining like a 3-****ed cow pissin' on a flat rock right now in Pauls Valley. Been coming down all day. Anybody know how the weather looks up in OKC?

pphilfran
6/6/2012, 04:43 PM
It looks like it is going to be a turd floater come 6 pm

SanJoaquinSooner
6/6/2012, 07:34 PM
It looks like it is going to be a turd floater come 6 pm

Turd delay, apparently.

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2012, 07:38 PM
Someone go out there and put a ****ton of ShamWow's on the field!

6/6/2012, 07:45 PM
Someone go out there and put a ****ton of ShamWow's on the field!You're the Storm Chaser. YOU SHOULD BE RIGHT THERE, ON THE FIELD. Order in those Shamwows and get to work!

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2012, 07:54 PM
I was too busy playing with my Schticky!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQjF5RPgbg

IndySooner
6/6/2012, 08:30 PM
9:36 first pitch according to an OU tweet.

SoonerMarkVA
6/6/2012, 08:34 PM
9:36 first pitch according to an OU tweet.

Surprised. Forecast looks like even if it lets up it'll be back by 11 or so.

6/6/2012, 08:37 PM
I was too busy playing with my Schticky!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQjF5RPgbgWhere do you put all those used schticies?

Sooner95
6/6/2012, 08:49 PM
Big 12 Conference ‏@Big12Conference

#Big12 NCAA says first pitch at WCWS will be 9:55 p.m. Field will be ready before that, teams given time to take BP. It IS a title game.

Sabanball
6/6/2012, 09:19 PM
Yes, first pitch to be at 955pm. This is crazy--do they not know more rain is forecasted? And with an 11pm EST start, not exactly a great way to push the sport, NCAA.

6/6/2012, 09:22 PM
Yes, first pitch to be at 955pm. This is crazy--do they not know more rain is forecasted? And with an 11pm EST start, not exactly a great way to push the sport, NCAA.Should be rescheduled for tomorrow, for sure.

6/6/2012, 09:46 PM
Should be rescheduled for tomorrow, for sure.Prolly, as usual, it's about money, in the form of tv scheduling conflicts.

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2012, 10:57 PM
Gawd Bama's pitcher is FUGLY!

OUmillenium
6/6/2012, 11:07 PM
Nobody else is on here? Is this the game thread? I'm not a huge softball fan but it is for a national championship, cmon.

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2012, 11:13 PM
kinda here...pitching looks like crap...but it is still raining...how are we still up 3-0?

tulsaoilerfan
6/6/2012, 11:15 PM
They need to delay this game; this is ridiculous

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2012, 11:17 PM
And the Bama fans are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah cause we're on a wx delay

6/6/2012, 11:24 PM
Gawd Bama's pitcher is FUGLY!She DOES look a lot better when 1) she smiles or 2) gets some makeup on

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2012, 11:25 PM
Srsly...these Bama players are just asking for trouble...standing out there in the rain and jumping around....

6/6/2012, 11:42 PM
We have our "dobbers" down. Only some run scoring will pick us up.

6/6/2012, 11:43 PM
Srsly...these Bama players are just asking for trouble...standing out there in the rain and jumping around....huh?

Lott's Bandana
6/7/2012, 12:18 AM
Rain delay.

Tceh.

Goodnight.

Blue
6/7/2012, 12:19 AM
Crap game. Keilani is great but she seems to lapse mentally alot. Hopefully they'll come back and get it next year.

Eielson
6/7/2012, 12:29 AM
Really rough call there.

Eielson
6/7/2012, 12:30 AM
Shoulda tied it there...

kevpks
6/7/2012, 12:37 AM
What happened on the interference call?

Eielson
6/7/2012, 01:22 AM
What happened on the interference call?

There was a collision, and with it being inside the basepath, that makes it the runner's fault. However, the Alabama player put her shoulder into it and caused the contact. She would've been safe at first if no contact had been made. Next batter homered and that would've tied it with 1 out.

Eielson
6/7/2012, 01:23 AM
Good news is, everybody will be back and we'll do it all again next year!

I would've much rather won back to back, though.

Sooner95
6/7/2012, 05:31 AM
This game was way to late for me, but Congrats to the ladies on a damn fine run.

oudanny
6/7/2012, 08:27 AM
It's a shame that a championship game had to be played in those conditions. I am proud of the coaches and players for not making excuses. The players gave tremendous effort and represented The University. I really fell in love with this team and look forward to seeing them next year.

Ruf/Nek7
6/7/2012, 08:38 AM
The game should have beeb postponed from the get go. Thanks ESPN. Still bproud of those girls. I know we were hot and just as good as any other team there but we were a #4 seed playng in the championship...damn good!

Serenity Now
6/7/2012, 10:55 AM
They couldn't postpone. They had Heat-Celtics tonight. The weather was the same for both teams.

I thought when the Bama player ran through the runner like a pulling guard, making no attempt at the ball, that the runner would win. I guess it's a hard/fast rule. Too bad. Great run to get to the finals.

kevpks
6/7/2012, 01:08 PM
It's a shame that a championship game had to be played in those conditions. I am proud of the coaches and players for not making excuses. The players gave tremendous effort and represented The University. I really fell in love with this team and look forward to seeing them next year.

I agree. We should come back loaded and hungry. They are immensely talented and just need to get back to basics IMO. The defense needs to be smoother.

FaninAma
6/7/2012, 05:20 PM
Bama had more seniors and more poise in the final 2 games. I do think OU was the more talented team. I also think Gasso got out-coached a tiny bit in both of the last 2 games.

And I agree, the game should have been postponed and the us did act like they were ready for the game to be over.

Oh well, at least the rowing team kicked Bama's a$$ this year on mutiple occasions. And before you say aanything derogatory about the sport please realize that it takes a heck of a conditioned athlete to row and I have 2 daughters on OU's team.

FaninAma
6/7/2012, 05:23 PM
Bama had more seniors and more poise in the final 2 games. I do think OU was the more talented team. I also think Gasso got out-coached a tiny bit in both of the last 2 games.

And I agree, the game should have been postponed and the umps did act like they were ready for the game to be over.

Oh well, at least the rowing team kicked Bama's a$$ this year on mutiple occasions. And before you say aanything derogatory about the sport please realize that it takes a heck of a conditioned athlete to row and I have 2 daughters on OU's team.

I also talked to a guy who attended the game and he said the Bama fans were cussing at the OU players especially during the rain delay. Wouldn't expect less from the classy organization who thinks Saban is an ethical, upstanding human being.

And we can now all understand why Boren and Texas were so against joining the SEC.

6/7/2012, 05:25 PM
Oh well, at least the rowing team kicked Bama's a$$ this year on mutiple occasions. And before you say aanything derogatory about the sport please realize that it takes a heck of a conditioned athlete to row and I have 2 daughters on OU's team.an internet threat, of sorts.

BOOOMERRRRRR!!!

FaninAma
6/7/2012, 06:29 PM
an internet threat, of sorts.

BOOOMERRRRRR!!!

Yes, anybody who knows me personally will tell you I am a very threatening sort of person. I also don't care for Bama, the SEC or their redneck fans.

Crediting the Bama team for their poise is as far as I will go in giving them credit.

Sabanball
6/7/2012, 07:10 PM
Yes, anybody who knows me personally will tell you I am a very threatening sort of person. I also don't care for Bama, the SEC or their redneck fans.

Crediting the Bama team for their poise is as far as I will go in giving them credit.

You say that you have two children that participate on the rowing team, so I assume you are an older, mature individual--so frankly some of your comments here on this thread really surprised me, a dad of one girl in college myself. Your cheap shot remarks against me personally, our girls, the residents of our state, Nick Saban, and the SEC, all in this thread, notwithstanding, I would still like to congratulate your lady Sooners on a great series. Given the venue and the talent that your young ladies have, we were fortunate to win. You've got a great team and good balance of hitting and pitching. The only problem that I had with the game last night was your coach trying to insist that Ricketts be allowed to stop while Traina had to pitch through the rainy mist in the third inning. But other than that, I thought it was a cleanly played series. Your girls are young for the most part and will build on this and probably be favored to win it all next year. Again, great game and series.

Time now to get ready for football season....fall camp is only about 8 weeks away!

6/7/2012, 07:33 PM
The game shouldn't have been played. It should have been called for rain, and rescheduled for today. TV and money won the day. I would have enjoyed seeing the game played in dry conditions. I'm not saying we would have won, but we were a team not as well equipped to play in the rain as our opponent. Baseball and softball are usually not played in the rain.

tulsaoilerfan
6/7/2012, 08:42 PM
Really thought it was a pretty poor job by the umpires of basically letting the Bama players do whatever they wanted to do the last 2 games to try to rattle OU; from artificial noise in the dugout to the entire dugout coming onto the field every time they scored a run it was pretty damn classless; also Bamas coach is a giant whiney dooshbag; thats all for now

8timechamps
6/7/2012, 08:44 PM
Good news is, everybody will be back and we'll do it all again next year!

I would've much rather won back to back, though.

Absolutely. We are loaded for next year (much the way Bama was for this one).

I called it quits when we were up 3-0, and went to bed. Watched the game recording today. Bummer, but still proud of our girls!

2013 will be the year!

6/7/2012, 09:09 PM
Really thought it was a pretty poor job by the umpires of basically letting the Bama players do whatever they wanted to do the last 2 games to try to rattle OU; from artificial noise in the dugout to the entire dugout coming onto the field every time they scored a run it was pretty damn classless; also Bamas coach is a giant whiney dooshbag; thats all for nowI was thinking the same, but I also think our fans are far too polite, most of the time.

Virtually every non-OU home football game I have attended(college games) the home fans have been rowdy, have screamed their lungs out when the opponent has the ball. Not so with most OU home games.

SoonerStormchaser
6/7/2012, 09:43 PM
I also talked to a guy who attended the game and he said the Bama fans were cussing at the OU players especially during the rain delay. Wouldn't expect less from the classy organization who thinks Saban is an ethical, upstanding human being.

And we can now all understand why Boren and Texas were so against joining the SEC.

You could see that on TV last night when they delayed the game in the 4th...the Bama fans were going ape****. That's what makes this loss even more maddening...

SoonerMarkVA
6/7/2012, 10:41 PM
The game shouldn't have been played. It should have been called for rain, and rescheduled for today. TV and money won the day. I would have enjoyed seeing the game played in dry conditions. I'm not saying we would have won, but we were a team not as well equipped to play in the rain as our opponent. Baseball and softball are usually not played in the rain.

Agreed. I was frankly shocked when I saw that they went ahead and scheduled the game for 9:55, when the forecast clearly showed it was going to keep up after a short break.

However, there is a great lesson in this. Gasso needs to get the girls out on the diamond when the weather sucks. It wasn't just Ricketts, either. The whole defense seemed to fall apart having to handle and throw the wet ball. Get them out there and make them practice through the rain. Kind of ironic that Patty happened to say during one of the sideline interviews, "We're ready to play even if it snows." They may have been willing to play, but they weren't ready (as in prepared).

kevpks
6/8/2012, 10:11 AM
Time now to get ready for football season....fall camp is only about 8 weeks away!

That means all the gray shirts have about six weeks to find a place to live and raise some tuition money.

champions77
6/8/2012, 10:32 AM
You say that you have two children that participate on the rowing team, so I assume you are an older, mature individual--so frankly some of your comments here on this thread really surprised me, a dad of one girl in college myself. Your cheap shot remarks against me personally, our girls, the residents of our state, Nick Saban, and the SEC, all in this thread, notwithstanding, I would still like to congratulate your lady Sooners on a great series. Given the venue and the talent that your young ladies have, we were fortunate to win. You've got a great team and good balance of hitting and pitching. The only problem that I had with the game last night was your coach trying to insist that Ricketts be allowed to stop while Traina had to pitch through the rainy mist in the third inning. But other than that, I thought it was a cleanly played series. Your girls are young for the most part and will build on this and probably be favored to win it all next year. Again, great game and series.

Classy post...with the exception of the "your coach trying to isnsist the Ricketts be allowed to stop while Traina had to pitch through the rainy mist in the third" part. Rain is "accumulative" in what does not have an effect early on, after a while accumulates and does have an effect later on, whther it be a football field, soccer field, or softball field. Coach Murphy could have petitioned the umpires to stop play, but didn't. And you could see that the moisture on the ball was starting to have an effect on Ricketts, with the wild pitches.

Now, we lost the game because of our lousy play in the field, and the passed balls and wild pitches by Kelani/Shults. Bama played a much cleaner game, and they won, and should have won. We beat ourselves. The best thing for OU is to learn form the experience...and get better.

SOONERKAT
6/8/2012, 04:28 PM
This was a hard one to accept. I have had a couple of days now to digest it as I get my team ready for their state tourney, and I had all of them watch this game to teach them a very important lesson; a game can be lost (or in Bama's case, won) on just a couple of simple mental errors. Vest cheating towards second base to take away the steal attempt pulled her out of position to make two plays at short and the errant, rushed throw at second were inning killers, extended innings, and led to three runs for Bama. OU's runs were earned on hard hits, three of which left the field, but Bama took advantage of poor play to win this game, which is the hallmark of any good team. I stated earlier in this thread that this series would come down to who makes fewer mistakes and who takes advantage of mistakes made, and this ended up being the case. Nothing but full credit to Bama here, they earned their title.

All of this said, I feel sorry for Jevan as she is the sole senior starter leaving, but this is also a good thing as this team will return 8 of 9 starters that should be good and pissed when the next year starts. If this loss does not properly motivate the girls to get it done next year, then the truth is that they just do not deserve to call themselves champions, which I think they do.

6/8/2012, 05:11 PM
Does anyone knowd how to contact Patty Gasso, email or phone? also maybe Joe Castiglioni? Whoever does ought to send her the URL for this thread, as I believe it's very informative. or PM me if you know how to reach her. Thanks.

jkjsooner
6/8/2012, 09:37 PM
a game can be lost (or in Bama's case, won) on just a couple of simple mental errors. Vest cheating towards second base to take away the steal attempt pulled her out of position to make two plays at short

Please explain to me how that is a mental error? It sounds like a calculated gamble to me. I bet it was directed by by the coach.

Now, if we had a big lead then outs become much more important than bases so this could be considered a mental error but that was not the case.

C&CDean
6/9/2012, 02:40 PM
This was a hard one to accept. I have had a couple of days now to digest it as I get my team ready for their state tourney, and I had all of them watch this game to teach them a very important lesson; a game can be lost (or in Bama's case, won) on just a couple of simple mental errors. Vest cheating towards second base to take away the steal attempt pulled her out of position to make two plays at short and the errant, rushed throw at second were inning killers, extended innings, and led to three runs for Bama. OU's runs were earned on hard hits, three of which left the field, but Bama took advantage of poor play to win this game, which is the hallmark of any good team. I stated earlier in this thread that this series would come down to who makes fewer mistakes and who takes advantage of mistakes made, and this ended up being the case. Nothing but full credit to Bama here, they earned their title.

All of this said, I feel sorry for Jevan as she is the sole senior starter leaving, but this is also a good thing as this team will return 8 of 9 starters that should be good and pissed when the next year starts. If this loss does not properly motivate the girls to get it done next year, then the truth is that they just do not deserve to call themselves champions, which I think they do.

I hate being the "nuh uh" guy, but Jevan is a sophomore. Katie Norris is the only starting senior.

If Keilani can figure out a way to keep her head in the game - for 7 innings every game - this team will be purt-near unbeatable next year.

N.AL-Tider
6/11/2012, 03:56 PM
Hey Sooners, I just came over last week to register to congradulate you guys on having a really great softball team. It was really exciting getting to watch the best two teams in college softball go at it head-to-head. You guys have some really great things ahead of you, especially with Kailani pitching for you. While I do believe that J. Traina is an excellent pitcher I truly think that Kailani is the best pitcher in college. Bama got the breaks that OU was looking for so we got the trophy. Not saying that to gloat either because I realize that those breaks could have easily gone y'all's way and the trophy would be yours.

I really think though that both schools will be in the running for the title again for a few years. Success breeds success and hopefully they will continue to field championship teams that can keep the trophy off of the west coast for a few years to come.

Congrats again on your season and best of luck for the years to come.

Roll Tide and Boomer Sooner!

Pooty Pootpoot
6/17/2012, 08:51 PM
We purchased three Alabama WCWS champs t-shirts and are using them for fart pillows. They really work!

Also, did anyone else happen to notice that the Alabama pitcher apparently never met a pie she didn't like. So much so that her face has actually taken on the appearance of a big old pie.