PDA

View Full Version : Lost my other dog yesterday

stoopified
5/23/2012, 07:15 PM
This crap is really starting to get on my nerves.Two years ago our cocker mix Jill, diedAugust 1 of last year we had to put Bubba our 8 y/o German Sheperd down because he had cancer,yesterday we had to put Brandy our 9y/o Lab down.Vet says she also likely had cancer. I miss them all,seems oddlyquiet having ZERO DOGS as my 5 y/o Jason says. I suppose it is a good thing that I and for that matter my entire family is too sad to want another dog right now.I was looking at ads on the net for German Shepherds and I thought I was loking at used car prices(granted old used cars but still.....) 1,800 -3,500 dollars? Are these people nuts? If I pay that much,the dog better make dinner,drive the kids to and fron school and clean house. I guess it will be a long time until we get another dog......maybe that is not a bad thing.

olevetonahill
5/23/2012, 07:22 PM
Sorry for your loss. But dont Buy a dog.

Get one from a shelter or find a stray that someones dumped

BetterSoonerThanLater
5/23/2012, 07:23 PM
sorry about your loss. losing a dog is never easy. its crazy how much a part of the family they become. Although i will never not have a dog, i refuse to pay that much for one. i agree with vet, give a pound puppy a chance.

8timechamps
5/23/2012, 09:28 PM
Losing a dog always sucks. Sorry Stoop.

Wishboned
5/23/2012, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry for your loss Stoop. Saying goodbye to loved ones is never easy.

cleller
5/23/2012, 10:05 PM
This is a link from German Shepherd rescue of Tulsa. Not all purebreds, of course:

http://gsrtulsa.sunsetatsadies.com/?page_id=3

olevetonahill
5/23/2012, 11:25 PM
Wonder do Dean stillhave those 3 Pups?

diverdog
5/23/2012, 11:39 PM
This crap is really starting to get on my nerves.Two years ago our cocker mix Jill, diedAugust 1 of last year we had to put Bubba our 8 y/o German Sheperd down because he had cancer,yesterday we had to put Brandy our 9y/o Lab down.Vet says she also likely had cancer. I miss them all,seems oddlyquiet having ZERO DOGS as my 5 y/o Jason says. I suppose it is a good thing that I and for that matter my entire family is too sad to want another dog right now.I was looking at ads on the net for German Shepherds and I thought I was loking at used car prices(granted old used cars but still.....) 1,800 -3,500 dollars? Are these people nuts? If I pay that much,the dog better make dinner,drive the kids to and fron school and clean house. I guess it will be a long time until we get another dog......maybe that is not a bad thing.

Cancer in dogs is a breeding issue. I had a Golden that seemed perfectly healthy one day and the next was not eating any food. Took him to the vet and he was riddled with cancer. The vet told me it is an issue with poor breeding.

To be honest I blame the show dog business. They have destroyed entire lines of great dogs....Goldens, Irish Setters and they had a run at Labs until the hunters forced them to stop their idiotic breeding standards. They now have bulldogs so messed up that the momma bulldogs cannot have natural birth. They are all c sections.

Blue
5/24/2012, 01:29 AM
Go hang out at the Deanarosa every other Wednesday. Thats when the neighbors say they hear the puppy screams. You might be able to get a few.:chuncky:

Boomer.....
5/24/2012, 07:15 AM
Sorry to hear that. :(

oudanny
5/24/2012, 10:19 AM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your companions. My Corgi of 10 years is having bladder surgery this morning. I can't focus on anything.

MamaMia
5/24/2012, 04:36 PM
So sorry. :(