PDA

View Full Version : Paradox

5thYearSooner
5/23/2012, 03:36 PM
"Hewlett-Packard to reduce its workforce by 27,000 by October 2014. Earnings topped the company's estimates." -Cnn

So they are rewarding their employees by sending them home. So in Oct 2014, will these layoffs be a fault of Obama or Romney(if he wins).

PS: I don't work at HP, I don't know anyone who works at HP. But pissed of that the layoffs are not because they aren't making profits but because they are doing good?

REDREX
5/23/2012, 03:42 PM
Sales of many of its products are falling , HP is trying to get ahead of the problem--------Unlike Many State and Federal Govt's

soonercruiser
5/23/2012, 03:46 PM
"Hewlett-Packard to reduce its workforce by 27,000 by October 2014. Earnings topped the company's estimates." -Cnn

So they are rewarding their employees by sending them home. So in Oct 2014, will these layoffs be a fault of Obama or Romney(if he wins).

PS: I don't work at HP, I don't know anyone who works at HP. But pissed of that the layoffs are not because they aren't making profits but because they are doing good?

Any chance that like any good company they are "looking ahead", to be sure that they stay profitable?
...i.e. cut fat in areas that are not selling?
I know that they planned to get totally out of the notepad computer business., for one.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/24/2012, 08:33 AM
A CNN editor wrote the headline, not HP. Meg Whitman was on Squawk this morning. She said they are only 10 to 15% into a turnaround that will take years. But they will take the savings from the layoffs and put them into growth areas of their business - e.g. Cloud, Security.

I'm sure her interview will be posted on CNBC's website later this morning.

Curly Bill
5/24/2012, 08:36 AM

If Obammy wins it will predictably be Bush's fault. If Romney wins it will get to be Obammy's fault!

soonercruiser
5/24/2012, 11:45 AM
If Obammy wins it will predictably be Bush's fault. If Romney wins it will get to be Obammy's fault!

Yup! Obama's been working the Booosh blame line for 3+ years now.

badger
5/24/2012, 11:56 AM
Not that this is small peanuts, but HP does employ more than 350k people, right? This is not a huge cut for them. I've also read they're getting rid of the head of a company they merged with because it wasn't working out well for either, so it isn't just the little guys getting cut here.

Sad that thousands of jobs are getting cut, yes, but it might make the overall company stronger for the employees left.

Curly Bill
5/24/2012, 12:49 PM
I got a paradox I been wearing for over 10 years now. They some solid footwear!

soonercruiser
5/24/2012, 01:36 PM
I got a paradox I been wearing for over 10 years now. They some solid footwear!

Went to work this morning and saw several pair of "docs".

soonercruiser
5/24/2012, 01:38 PM
A CNN editor wrote the headline, not HP. Meg Whitman was on Squawk this morning. She said they are only 10 to 15% into a turnaround that will take years. But they will take the savings from the layoffs and put them into growth areas of their business - e.g. Cloud, Security.

I'm sure her interview will be posted on CNBC's website later this morning.

Actually saw Meg on CNN saying they were getting back into the tablet market!
Why don't they make up their collective minds? They are schizophrenic on tablets!

SanJoaquinSooner
5/24/2012, 09:51 PM
Here it is, straight from the horse's mouth:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000092123&play=1

pphilfran
5/24/2012, 09:59 PM
I predict further cuts in the future...

soonercruiser
5/25/2012, 11:28 AM
I predict further cuts in the future...

"...cuts in the future"?????!!!!!!
You mean less future?
:smiley_simmons:

KantoSooner
5/25/2012, 02:50 PM
Carly-babe committed them to the putty-colored-box at precisely the wrong time. You'll note IBM was selling out the PC business at exactly the same time. Of such decisions, companies die.

Midtowner
5/25/2012, 03:55 PM
Here it is, straight from the horse's mouth:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000092123&play=1

Gotta love those "job creators."

soonercruiser
5/25/2012, 10:08 PM
Gotta love those "job creators."

Ya! Them evil job creators....they try to be frugal and keep a business afloat without a gobment bail-out.
Like the steel business they are bashing Bain about......the business lived....and jobs were kept for 8 years beyond when the company was going to go bankrupt without their investment!

*And when the steel company finally did close...guess who was in charge at Bain?????
A Demoncratic donation bundler for Obama! Romey had been gone for years!
Duh!

Tulsa_Fireman
5/25/2012, 10:25 PM
I am Armando Montelongo.