PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Stafford just went up a few notches in my books....

Salt City Sooner
5/23/2012, 12:48 AM
Very cool gesture by Ryan's QB to be:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/matthew-stafford-spends-15-000-163555822.html

prrriiide
5/23/2012, 05:11 AM
Pretty allsome.

vtsooner21
5/23/2012, 06:00 AM
It's just so nice to read good news about athletes and people in the public view doing "the right thing". Sort of restores your faith in humanity..

Boomer

OULenexaman
5/23/2012, 06:50 AM
yep.....and he is one fine fantasy QB to have on your roster as well.

Boomer.....
5/23/2012, 07:27 AM
Very cool!

Curly Bill
5/23/2012, 07:36 AM
Cool deal!

badger
5/23/2012, 08:22 AM
:mad: I hope the state of Illinois doesn't try to tax them for this awesome gift. :mad:

:) But yes, a very awesome gesture by Stafford. :)

:D And it's even awesomer that there's non-Bears fans in Chicago :D

http://myfaithsjourney.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/stafford.jpg

BillyBall
5/23/2012, 08:41 AM
:mad: I hope the state of Illinois doesn't try to tax them for this awesome gift. :mad:

:) But yes, a very awesome gesture by Stafford. :)

:D And it's even awesomer that there's non-Bears fans in Chicago :D

http://myfaithsjourney.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/stafford.jpg

There are so many transplants from Detroit and Wisconsin that sometimes I think there are as many non-Bears fans as there are Bears fans.

badger
5/23/2012, 08:43 AM
There are so many transplants from Detroit and Wisconsin that sometimes I think there are as many non-Bears fans as there are Bears fans.

With as many Sooners as that team's cut, I'm surprised they have any fans left :P

I read the mom's account of the night, and apparently, Matthew bond with the boy, while Matthew's girlfriend bonded with his sick sister at the table they were sitting at. Earlier in the night before the auction, Matt was apparently looking over the auction items with the boy and was asking what his favorite item was. Little did the boy know... :D

birddog
5/23/2012, 02:00 PM
of course i have Sooner gear littered throughout my restaurant and have some signed photos of Sims and JW. it's surprising how many Sooner fans have come through here. The Leons are now my nfl team (never had one before). The Sooners were the nfl to me before.

birddog
5/28/2012, 07:53 PM
honestly, i thought stafford was going to be a big pant load like jamarcus russell. he's much better than i thought but they have pretty decent wr's,(megatron, burleson, pettigrew(te), broyles(rehabbin) and titus young who may be gone if broyles can get 100%.

nick fairley's in big trouble. 11 am brewsky and driving 100? dang.

agoo758
5/29/2012, 02:29 AM
Good for Stafford. I can not say that I knew anything about him off the field, but he has my respect for such a generous gift. A certain qb for the Jets could learn a lesson in humility from Matt.

If i hear that this is what they do. I may cash out my vacation money, bust down the doors of the springfield capital, and gun down every God Damn politician.

I am already riled up as it is about the houston judge who jailed a 17 year student working 60 hours a week, I can't take anymore of this bull****.

cleller
5/29/2012, 08:04 AM
Very good thing for him to do. He obviously understands that he has an exceptionally rewarding career, financially, and is doing something responsible with it.

Since it was received as a gift, I don't believe they should be in trouble tax-wise. I'd just keep my mouth shut about it from here on in.