PDA

View Full Version : FL Safety Ahmad Thomas commits

cccasooner2
5/22/2012, 08:03 PM
http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=9&c=8&yr=2013

5Kv08oW2eUg

highlights everything but safety it seems.

Here's the safety stuff.

jrsAxCpOOr4&feature

cccasooner2
5/22/2012, 08:43 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/recruiting/blog/eye-on-recruiting/19126158/oklahoma-reaches-in-to-miami-for-new-commit-ahmad-thomas

CBS article on him and OU.

"As I was talking to the coach (defensive coordinator Mike Stoops), I just felt a great connection with him," Thomas said. "I did my homework on him, and I feel like he relates well to me. I feel the energy in his voice when he talks, and that is the type of thing that hypes me up."

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2012, 08:49 PM
This came completely out of no where. We just offered him last week.

Good get I do believe. The kid wraps up great and makes the tackle. Isn't a head hunter, but a fundamental tackler.

Hope he can make it! And I hope he stays with the commitment.

8timechamps
5/22/2012, 08:52 PM
Very nice pick-up! Big kid, good tackling fundamentals.

We are much further along this year than last. We had half the number commitments this time last year.

boomersooner28
5/22/2012, 11:10 PM
He had some big-time offers. I likie.

Curly Bill
5/23/2012, 07:38 AM
FWIW he was rated fairly low on Rivals, yet had some big-time offers. With his offer list and having committed to OU, I'm guessing his rating will go up next time Rivals releases them.

OU_Sooners75
5/23/2012, 08:42 AM
FWIW he was rated fairly low on Rivals, yet had some big-time offers. With his offer list and having committed to OU, I'm guessing his rating will go up next time Rivals releases them.

There a lot of recruits like this.

It seems to be connected with how many camps and how much marketing the recruits (coaches, parents, and players) do for themselves.

I think we all can agree, that it isnt an exact science for any of the recruiting services.

Curly Bill
5/23/2012, 08:47 AM
There a lot of recruits like this.

It seems to be connected with how many camps and how much marketing the recruits (coaches, parents, and players) do for themselves.

I think we all can agree, that it isnt an exact science for any of the recruiting services.

Yep, and a lot of the rating comes from who has offered the kid. The services assume, at least partly rightly so, that if programs like OU, USuC, UT and the like are offering a kid he must be the real deal, and they will adjust their ratings accordingly.

OU_Sooners75
5/23/2012, 08:49 AM
Yep, and a lot of the rating comes from who has offered the kid. The services assume, at least partly rightly so, that if programs like OU, USuC, UT and the like are offering a kid he must be the real deal, and they will adjust their ratings accordingly.

Yep.

And I think that is because those programs usually have a much better eye for talent and even character.

Curly Bill
5/23/2012, 08:54 AM
Yep.

And I think that is because those programs usually have a much better eye for talent and even character.

....and while it's still hit & miss college recruiters know more about talent than the guys working for the services do.

8timechamps
5/23/2012, 09:42 PM
....and while it's still hit & miss college recruiters know more about talent than the guys working for the services do.

Yep.

I love the fact that he's a Florida kid. I've been (and remain) skeptical of the nationwide recruiting approach (more in the rust belt), but I always like the kids from Florida...especially south Florida.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/24/2012, 05:32 PM
http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=8&c=1&nid=5845112