PDA

View Full Version : Over 1 million tax-payer dollars spent on the Clemens trial.

8timechamps
5/22/2012, 04:41 PM
Why?!

I am a realist enough to realize that a million bucks is a drop in the buck for the economy, but it's still a million bucks! That money could pay for 20+ federal jobs, etc.

Maybe I'm missing something here, and if so help me understand the importance of this case.

diverdog
5/22/2012, 08:59 PM
Why?!

I am a realist enough to realize that a million bucks is a drop in the buck for the economy, but it's still a million bucks! That money could pay for 20+ federal jobs, etc.

Maybe I'm missing something here, and if so help me understand the importance of this case.

Only congress can lie to congress. All the rest of us get hauled in and prosecuted. That is all you need to know.

soonercruiser
5/22/2012, 09:35 PM
Why?!

How about 30 private sector jobs?

Midtowner
5/22/2012, 09:36 PM
How about 30 private sector jobs?

It did create at least 30 private and public sector jobs. Attorneys, paralegals, at least one court reporter, etc.

soonercruiser
5/22/2012, 09:52 PM
You're right!
But, most were already government employees.

Midtowner
5/22/2012, 10:49 PM
You're right!
But, most were already government employees.

Probably not. I'm sure the defense lawyers were paid more than the prosecutors.

OULenexaman
5/23/2012, 07:37 AM
Why?!

Maybe I'm missing something here, and if so help me understand the importance of this case. Probably about 10 tops if appointed by Obama.

KABOOKIE
5/23/2012, 08:27 AM
1 million dollars. That's a lot of huts in Kenya.

soonercruiser
5/23/2012, 10:12 AM
1 million dollars. That's a lot of huts in Kenya.

But, only a small lot in most of Hawaii.