PDA

View Full Version : Bell transferring blips..

Soonerjeepman
5/22/2012, 11:09 AM
I've seen one here and there...but this obviously is not true. Didn't know he was a Sooner fan as a kid.

http://www.kansas.com/2012/05/21/2344091/bob-lutz-sooners-blake-bell-practicing.html

"the reality is as good as the dream...When I was a kid I had all the gear and stuff like that. Now I"m actually out there in uniform and at times I just step back and say Wow, that's a dream come true"

SoonerMarkVA
5/22/2012, 11:41 AM
Bell has the least reason to transfer. I can't remember any QB under Stoops where the staff has made as much accommodation to get him playing time as Bell. Bell is getting a critical leg up on being Jones' replacement. He has to have the inside track at this point.

badger
5/22/2012, 11:51 AM
Bell has the least reason to transfer. I can't remember any QB under Stoops where the staff has made as much accommodation to get him playing time as Bell. Bell is getting a critical leg up on being Jones' replacement. He has to have the inside track at this point.

I remember girls complaining back in high school when bench players got to come in to serve, then leave when the team lost the serve. It was like the most important part of offense was being taken away from these players, so despite getting most of the playing time, they were miffed. I felt bad for the serve-and-serve-only girls though, as that was all they got to do in the game, and it was very minimal playing time comparatively.

This is essentially the situation with Blake Bell and Landry Jones. Landry gets to lead the offense down the field, but when it comes time to pressing for a first down or a touchdown, Blake goes it.

So, who is in the worse situation -- Landry, who never gets to lead those last few yards for a first down or a touchdown, or Blake, who doesn't get the majority of snaps and stats because of a lack of playing time currently?

Or maybe, like the volleyball team, this is coach's way of getting two players, rather than one, a chance to contribute to the team.

Curly Bill
5/22/2012, 11:54 AM
I remember girls complaining back in high school when bench players got to come in to serve, then leave when the team lost the serve. It was like the most important part of offense was being taken away from these players, so despite getting most of the playing time, they were miffed. I felt bad for the serve-and-serve-only girls though, as that was all they got to do in the game, and it was very minimal playing time comparatively.

This is essentially the situation with Blake Bell and Landry Jones. Landry gets to lead the offense down the field, but when it comes time to pressing for a first down or a touchdown, Blake goes it.

So, who is in the worse situation -- Landry, who never gets to lead those last few yards for a first down or a touchdown, or Blake, who doesn't get the majority of snaps and stats because of a lack of playing time currently?

Or maybe, like the volleyball team, this is coach's way of getting two players, rather than one, a chance to contribute to the team.

I'd say if LJ doesn't want to be removed in those situations he must do better in those situations! ;)

texaspokieokie
5/22/2012, 12:36 PM
I'd say if LJ doesn't want to be removed in those situations he must do better in those situations! ;)how will we know ??

Curly Bill
5/22/2012, 12:38 PM
how will we know ??

Now we prolly won't. Guess I shoulda said: He shoulda done better in those situations while he still had the opportunity.

badger
5/22/2012, 12:43 PM
I don't remember how effective LJ was, but D@MN was the Belldozer effective. I mean, the entire defense knew what was coming when we lined up our bruising quarterback behind our two huge fullbacks and yet, Blake Bell is still falling forward into the endzone. Holy sh!t, y'know?

Soonerjeepman
5/22/2012, 01:14 PM
being from Wichita, I'm excited to see what he can do. I agree Badger...it was amazing that EVERYONE knew what was coming and they still couldn't stop it. The fullbacks/TE did
and amazing job blocking.

I posted the article because I didn't know he was such an OU fan growing up and have seen a thread here and there about folks thinking he wants to transfer.

yermom
5/22/2012, 01:19 PM

i think it's more about a coach wanting to score touchdowns!

badger
5/22/2012, 01:27 PM
being from Wichita, I'm excited to see what he can do. I agree Badger...it was amazing that EVERYONE knew what was coming and they still couldn't stop it. The fullbacks/TE did
and amazing job blocking.

I posted the article because I didn't know he was such an OU fan growing up and have seen a thread here and there about folks thinking he wants to transfer.

Hell, I can't imagine a kid loving football in the state of Kansas loving KU or KSU... maybe KSU since Snyder, maybe a bit of KU under Mangino, but before Snyder or Mangino? Ugggggghhh

Soonerjeepman
5/22/2012, 02:04 PM
lol...hard to imagine...considering Bell was a kid while ksu was getting good figured that might sway him. Kind of like Oklahoma kids wanting to play bball at KU? I grew up on OU football because of my grandparents and aunts. Wichita is definitely more of an OU town than anywhere else up here.

yermom
5/22/2012, 02:10 PM
yeah, but during most of his football playing years, OU was doing pretty bad things to KU and KSU

badger
5/22/2012, 03:16 PM
yeah, but during most of his football playing years, OU was doing pretty bad things to KU and KSU

Perhaps Snyder's recruiting methods weren't exactly stellar?

Blake Bell: I am a Kansas native and enjoyed watching the KSU program...
Snyder: Sorry, I didn't hear what you said. I was too busy racking up my lately class of jucos. And I'm really old.
Blake Bell: :(

Of course, it might've still be Ron Prince era then. In which case...

Blake Bell: I am a Kansas native and enjoyed watching the KSU program...
Ron Prince: Don't forget your power towel. Bring it to every game.
Blake Bell: wtf?
Ron Prince: And I've already got one quarterback's immense talents to squander.

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2012, 04:36 PM
I've seen one here and there...but this obviously is not true. Didn't know he was a Sooner fan as a kid.

http://www.kansas.com/2012/05/21/2344091/bob-lutz-sooners-blake-bell-practicing.html

"the reality is as good as the dream...When I was a kid I had all the gear and stuff like that. Now I"m actually out there in uniform and at times I just step back and say Wow, that's a dream come true"

I remember watching him beat McPherson, KS in football his junior year (i believe, may have been his Senior year). His parents were in the stand sitting behind us. I was sporting my OU apparel with pride...and so was his dad!

That was before he committed to OU.

cccasooner2
5/22/2012, 05:51 PM
I don't remember how effective LJ was, but D@MN was the Belldozer effective. I mean, the entire defense knew what was coming when we lined up our bruising quarterback behind our two huge fullbacks and yet, Blake Bell is still falling forward into the endzone. Holy sh!t, y'know?

Aw shucks, it weren't nothin'. http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?159431-I-have-3-words-to-solve-our-RZ-problem&p=3347248&highlight=#post3347248

goingoneight
5/22/2012, 07:24 PM
I'd say if LJ doesn't want to be removed in those situations he must do better in those situations! ;)

To be fair, opposing defenses can pretty much tee off on LJ with no threat of a run game or someone actually catching a touchdown pass.

badger
5/23/2012, 08:17 AM
To be fair, opposing defenses can pretty much tee off on LJ with no threat of a run game or someone actually catching a touchdown pass.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/headbashwall.gif

BigJerm7
5/23/2012, 03:20 PM
Unless he goes to a smaller school, he'll be sitting out a year anyways. Might as well stay at OU and play a litte, and most likely start at OU next year instead of Friends University.

thecrimsoncrusader
5/23/2012, 09:06 PM

It's OK to say that Landry simple wasn't effective in the red-zone because he personally failed to execute well in that situation. Every QB has their weakness or weaknesses and Landry is no different.

King Crimson
5/23/2012, 09:34 PM
Sam was crazy good in the RZ. Landry has struggled some.

anyway, wasn't all that impressed when BB got to throw it.

we'll see.

8timechamps
5/23/2012, 09:39 PM
Sam was crazy good in the RZ. Landry has struggled some.

anyway, wasn't all that impressed when BB got to throw it.

we'll see.

Beat me to it. We were very spoiled with Sam in redzone situations. The injury to Broyles just magnified Landry's difficulty in the RZ.

I love what Bell has done, but I secretly hope Allen is the replacement. To be honest, I really hope Kendall can move up and start next year, but that's probably wishful thinking.

JLEW1818
5/23/2012, 10:14 PM
Spoiled with Jermaine Gresham in RZ situations

stoops the eternal pimp
5/23/2012, 10:43 PM
I don't if it's that because the TE game just completely disappeared and many times they were open..Just a lack of trust

Breadburner
5/23/2012, 11:41 PM
No Demarco....