PDA

View Full Version : Shootings downtown after the Thunder game.

Sooner24
5/22/2012, 12:47 AM
Anyone heard any details?

Cheerin' 4 OU
5/22/2012, 01:13 AM
I read at newsok.com that they have two suspects in custody - arrested at Harkins.

hawaii 5-0
5/22/2012, 02:06 AM
Idiots.

Were they community watch program volunteers?

Probably just looking for people wearing hoodies.

5-0

Okla-homey
5/22/2012, 06:32 AM
Thuggery at an NBA game? I'm shocked!

Breadburner
5/22/2012, 06:33 AM
Probably LA fans....Where's Metta World Piece of $hit....???

Sooner24
5/22/2012, 08:15 AM

Probably Tulsa wnba fans. ;)

Midtowner
5/22/2012, 08:17 AM
OKC > Tulsa?

cleller
5/22/2012, 08:26 AM
Idiots.

Were they community watch program volunteers?

Probably just looking for people wearing hoodies.

5-0

Or vice versa.

Nah, they were probably wearing NBA jerseys.

yermom
5/22/2012, 08:47 AM
this is why we can't have nice things :mad:

badger
5/22/2012, 08:52 AM
Sooo... should I no longer root for the Thunder to win the championship? I originally thought I'd be happy if either NP's Spurs or Oklahoma's brand new pro franchise won it all, but now I'm not sure I wanna see OKC go full-on championship riot :(

TheHumanAlphabet
5/22/2012, 09:21 AM

Local Country DJ this morning said that OKC has now proven they can support an NBA team...

Hoping for a fast and healthy recover of the injured. DP to the perps...

badger
5/22/2012, 09:25 AM
The latest newsok update says that 6 of the victims are in good condition, one in critical. No arrests for the shooting yet, although they did post a video of someone getting arrested... my guess is that it wasn't a shooting suspect, but rather, someone just getting in the way.

XingTheRubicon
5/22/2012, 10:00 AM
There may be no more useless type of human than a Laker fan that lives in the middle of the country.

yermom
5/22/2012, 10:31 AM
There may be no more useless type of human than a Laker fan

no need to qualify ;)

AlboSooner
5/22/2012, 08:15 PM
I was there last and was close to the incident.

I didn't hear the gunshots as a train was going by at the time. I was still under the bricktown train pass when it happened.

Cops have a stressful job and it's difficult to control crowds, and truth be told OKC PD deserves some criticism for the handling of the situation last night.
For some kind of reason you had groups of 15-20 cops just hanging out together close to the arena. As we walked towards our car, the fewer cops we saw. I don't know why they don't spread out.

NY City police handles a million people for new year's. Crowd control is never about numbers, but about the perception of power. Cops need to be seen everywhere and they need to have people in street clothes walking around.

I type this criticism with the tremendous respect for police officers. I know they have a tough job.

yermom
5/22/2012, 10:11 PM
it's not like there were THAT many people. Norman handles way more than that for football

cleller
5/22/2012, 10:19 PM
I was there last and was close to the incident.

I didn't hear the gunshots as a train was going by at the time. I was still under the bricktown train pass when it happened.

Cops have a stressful job and it's difficult to control crowds, and truth be told OKC PD deserves some criticism for the handling of the situation last night.
For some kind of reason you had groups of 15-20 cops just hanging out together close to the arena. As we walked towards our car, the fewer cops we saw. I don't know why they don't spread out.

NY City police handles a million people for new year's. Crowd control is never about numbers, but about the perception of power. Cops need to be seen everywhere and they need to have people in street clothes walking around.

I type this criticism with the tremendous respect for police officers. I know they have a tough job.

It is also likely that most of the police you would see where actually working for the arena, and not on-duty officers. In those type of situations the arena would be footing the bill, and exerting control to keep the officers close, to protect their arena, etc. The further you get away would be the responsibility of on-duty officers being pulled away from their normal assignments.

NYPD is a totally different setup, with many times more police, and foot-beat officers due to the high concentration of the population. OKC doesn't have that kind of manpower.

In the end, this is kind of shooting wouldn't be unusual in NYC, LA, Las Vegas. No way to stop it when you've got those types of people smashing together these days.

badger
5/23/2012, 08:37 AM
Two arrests now. Methinks that OKC PD are gonna be out in greater force during the Spurs series.

cleller
5/23/2012, 08:45 AM
it's not like there were THAT many people. Norman handles way more than that for football

Better crowd! :surprise:

swardboy
5/24/2012, 07:50 AM
Update on perps?

cleller
5/24/2012, 07:56 AM
Judge ordered one released due to lack of evidence. Lot of "no snitching" going on.

Midtowner
5/24/2012, 08:03 AM
Judge ordered one released due to lack of evidence. Lot of "no snitching" going on.

Considering they have an alleged shooter in custody and claim to have his confession, I don't think that's the case.

http://newsok.com/article/3677982

cleller
5/24/2012, 10:06 AM
Considering they have an alleged shooter in custody and claim to have his confession, I don't think that's the case.

http://newsok.com/article/3677982

This was on the channel 4 news site:
http://kfor.com/2012/05/23/police-released-hill-suspect-in-bricktown-shooting/

The "no snitching" comment was from an interview I saw with Chief Bill Citty on Tuesday, where he said they were having problems getting witnesses to come forward.

olevetonahill
5/24/2012, 01:22 PM
Update on perps?

Never mind

swardboy
5/24/2012, 09:16 PM
Never mind

I want you to do a mind meld with the shooter so I can find out WHY he did it. Come on now, I've heard of the mysterious powers of OVJ.

olevetonahill
5/24/2012, 09:32 PM
I want you to do a mind meld with the shooter so I can find out WHY he did it. Come on now, I've heard of the mysterious powers of OVJ.
Dont need the OVJ to know the Dude is a stone idiot

C&CDean
5/25/2012, 06:28 PM
Oh. They're black. Let me put on my surprised face.

Jacie
5/26/2012, 01:00 PM
Spurs eliminated the Clippers, Thunder eliminated the Lakers (something the Mavericks never accomplished). Nice to see the shift of power from Cali to the Midwest.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/26/2012, 02:46 PM
Spurs eliminated the Clippers, Thunder eliminated the Lakers (something the Mavericks never accomplished). Nice to see the shift of power from Cali to the Midwest.

I'd prefer the perennial underdogs Clippers rise to power than see the spurs win yet again. Specially, w/ Blake Griffin. Anyone but the Lakers, however.

yermom
5/26/2012, 03:01 PM
yeah, nothing cool about the Clippers losing IMO

i'm glad Metta World Peace is sitting at home now though. hopefully LeBron will follow shortly

sanantoniosooner
5/28/2012, 10:02 AM
For some reasons I'm glad the spurs are still in it ;)

badger
5/28/2012, 10:03 AM
For some reasons I'm glad the spurs are still in it ;)

GOOOOO WESTERN CONFERENCE WINNER WHICHEVER TEAM YOU ARE!!!! :P

yermom
5/28/2012, 11:55 AM
anybody but LeBron

XingTheRubicon
5/28/2012, 05:22 PM
kind of plan on rooting for Lebron if the Spurs win

don't know why