PDA

View Full Version : OU adds former Arizona DB to roster

Jay C. Upchurch
5/21/2012, 11:45 AM
NORMAN —— The Oklahoma football program added its second transfer in a week Monday as former Arizona defensive back Cortez Johnson made the move to Norman.

"Cortez is a player that is familiar with the system run by Mike Stoops and Tim Kish from their time together at Arizona," said OU Head Coach Bob Stoops. "He's got good size for a corner and we feel that he's the type of player that can provide strength in our defensive scheme."

The 6-2, 196-pound cornerback from New Orleans played one season at Arizona, starting two games while playing in eight as a freshman for the Wildcats in 2011. Johnson finished the year with 16 tackles and one pass broken up, earning starts against Washington and Colorado. He had a career-high seven tackles against Washington.

Prior to his lone season with Arizona, Johnson was named to the 2010 Louisiana Sports Writers Association All-State Team after his senior season at O. Perry Walker High School. Johnson was also named to the New Orleans Times-Picayune All-Metro Team and played in the Darren Sharper Lake Pontchartrain All-Star Classic.

OU SID Report

Widescreen
5/21/2012, 12:45 PM
What was the point of that post? We've known for awhile that he was coming. Is that just announcing he's physically in Norman now?

swardboy
5/21/2012, 12:49 PM
Refresh my memory: Does he have to sit out for a year?

cccasooner2
5/21/2012, 12:49 PM
Looks like the AZ, CA, FL connections are starting to get hot. :) :) Me like Mikee.

Curly Bill
5/21/2012, 12:55 PM
Refresh my memory: Does he have to sit out for a year?

Yes