PDA

View Full Version : Monday poll: Thoughts on our whorn overlords

badger
5/21/2012, 09:09 AM
YOU CAN VOTE FOR MORE THAN ONE OPTION

That said, with more conference expansion talk heating up, the whiny babies of College Station (namely, the internet aggies) seem intent on portraying our conference as the "Bevo 10" or whatever since they're all SEC'd now. And, there is talk of that elsewhere too, with some schools (read: Florida State) looking to leave a conference seemingly controlled by state of North Carolina basketball interests (Duke, Wake Forest, NC State and UNC).

So, please check all that apply. Once again,

YOU CAN VOTE FOR MORE THAN ONE OPTION

Anonymous voting for three days, and you cannot change your vote once it's cast.

PrideMom
5/21/2012, 10:36 AM
No matter what the organization is, there is always a top dog...but sometimes that top dog does get replaced.....

badger
5/21/2012, 11:01 AM
Interesting early returns. For outside lurkers, here's what you can take away from this:

1- We all hate Texas. They are a rival, but in general, everyone loves to hate Texas. KSU loves to hate Texas. OSU loves to hate Texas. ISU loves to hate Texas. Everyone loves to hate Texas. If you played them frequently, you'd love to hate Texas too.

2- Texas wastes resources. Only Texas can take a more lucrative, more awesome television opportunity than Notre Dame's deal with NBC (and everyone's deal with everyone else) and turn it into a big arse buzzkill. Only Texas can hire away a championship coach from Duke and then get unceremoniously ousted from the NCAA tourney in the first round regularly (womens basketball). Only Texas can pay their coach $5 million to win 5 games in a season (2010 football season). Only Texas has to tell their fans to arrive early and stay late... and then the fans don't listen (every sport). Only Texas tries to get families to show up for spring football by offering a free screening of Toy Story 3 afterward. Only Texas fans are so MEH that they all still leave early and hardly anyone sticks around for the movie. Only Texas? ONLY TEXAS.

3- Texas has been sucking at major sports lately, so really, is it a big deal if they dominate the Big 12 conference control discussion? It is if you lose to them (like Texas A&M did in its final conference football game, not to mention it's final HOME conference football game hehehehehehe), but isn't if you beat them regularly.

PrideMom
5/21/2012, 11:40 AM
"Toy Story 3"? Maybe they should have shown "Rudy"!!!!

badger
5/21/2012, 11:44 AM
"Toy Story 3"? Maybe they should have shown "Rudy"!!!!

To prove that I am not making sh!t up:

Link (http://www.chron.com/sports/longhorns/article/McCoy-leads-quarterbacks-in-Texas-spring-game-1619417.php)

As part of an effort to draw families to its spring football festivities, Texas promised a screening ofToy Story 3 on the giant scoreboard at Royal-Memorial Stadium on Sunday. But following an orange-white scrimmage in which old, familiar plots developed for a team that went 5-7 last year, fewer than 50 fans stayed for the duration of the movie.

More lulz:

an announced crowd of 45,000, at least a third of which apparently will be later digitally added by Pixar

And even more lulz:
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/04/36/71/1175104/3/628x471.jpg

Seriously... if anyone wants a characterization of what UT is, it's basically the loser that won the lottery and now pays for his friends to do everything for no other reason than he's the one with the money. Sure, there's "I'm gonna cut you off" threats occasionally if there's rumors that you're all calling him the loser that he clearly is, but he never follows through. The loser simply can't trust anyone else, because for all he knows, everyone else only loves him for his lottery money.

badger
5/21/2012, 12:46 PM
:mad: You people. Do I need to make the first option in multiple-option polls "Did you know that you can vote for more than one option in this poll?"

I apparently do. Well, it's offseason, so get your message board brain farts outta the way now so we can have intelligent "Fire Vulnerables" discussions during the season :P

swardboy
5/21/2012, 12:58 PM
Can I vote for more than one option?

Curly Bill
5/21/2012, 01:01 PM
:mad: You people. Do I need to make the first option in multiple-option polls "Did you know that you can vote for more than one option in this poll?"

I apparently do. Well, it's offseason, so get your message board brain farts outta the way now so we can have intelligent "Fire Vulnerables" discussions during the season :P

Vulnerables is eggzactly where he ought to be now - far away from Oklahoma! ;) I'd be worried if he was fired now Bob with his penchant for loyalty would bring him back in some capacity.

cccasooner2
5/21/2012, 01:31 PM
I voted for more than one option, yay me!

texas bandman
5/21/2012, 02:31 PM
You mean we could've voted for more than one option?

Mississippi Sooner
5/21/2012, 02:34 PM
I didn't take any chances. I voted for all the options.

8timechamps
5/21/2012, 02:41 PM
As sad as it is, I do think Texas controls the Big XII. BUT, that's only because it's the flagship school of the biggest state in the conference. So it's a numbers thing (which we all know equals money).

I also feel that we are joined at the hip with Texas, and I don't think I would want to see OU and Texas in different conferences.

And of course, I hate Texas.

badger
5/21/2012, 02:52 PM
You mean we could've voted for more than one option?

Ok trolls, TWO can play this game! Did you know Landry Jones Jr. was born at Tulsa's Zoo?
http://www.fox23.com/media/lib/13/2/9/b/29b0b15c-d102-4405-bee2-305f95eac072/Story.jpg

Bawwww, look at the widdle baby meerkat! Who wants to lead the meerkat offense? Who wants to pretend to snap the ball only to lift his head above the crowd and look to the sideline? YOU do? YOU do!

:P

cccasooner2
5/21/2012, 05:10 PM
Ok trolls, TWO can play this game! Did you know Landry Jones Jr. was born at Tulsa's Zoo?
http://www.fox23.com/media/lib/13/2/9/b/29b0b15c-d102-4405-bee2-305f95eac072/Story.jpg

Bawwww, look at the widdle baby meerkat! Who wants to lead the meerkat offense? Who wants to pretend to snap the ball only to lift his head above the crowd and look to the sideline? YOU do? YOU do!

:P

I've often suspected Landry of snacking on dung beetles, now it makes sense.

Jacie
5/21/2012, 07:52 PM
If i had known to vote for more than one option, i would not have spent an hour poring over the choices

badger
5/22/2012, 09:12 AM
If i had known to vote for more than one option, i would not have spent an hour poring over the choices

Hehe, at least offseason is now one hour closer to being over :P