PDA

View Full Version : The First Amendment according to Liberials

I Am Right
5/20/2012, 08:59 PM
N.C. TEACHER TELLS STUDENT HE COULD BE ARRESTED FOR TALKING BADLY ABOUT OBAMA
Posted on May 20, 2012

Last Monday, a high school student in North Carolina engaged his social studies teacher in a heated debate about politics and the two leading presidential candidates. During the exchange, the teacher (an obvious Obama supporter) got very angry with the student and accused him of disrespecting the president. She even went so far as to tell the boy that he could be jailed for speaking ill of Obama.

Sarah Campbell of the Salisbury Post first reported on the story. She claims that the school district is not releasing the name of the teacher and that she is not responding to requests for public comment (although the two students identified her to the newspaper). According to Campbell’s story, the teacher will not be suspended or even face disciplinary action for what was heard on the recording. A statement from the school was released at the end of the week:

“The Rowan-Salisbury School System expects all students and employees to be respectful in the school environment and for all teachers to maintain their professionalism in the classroom. This incident should serve as an education for all teachers to stop and reflect on their interaction with students. Due to personnel and student confidentiality, we cannot discuss the matter publicly.”
So, how bad was the exchange? It got fairly heated, with the teacher shouting at times. The kerfuffle started after one student asked a question about the teacher’s “fact of the day” that said Romney was a bully back in high school. A student asked:

“Didn’t Obama bully somebody, though?”
The teacher started to get angry and said:

“Not to my knowledge.”
A couple of students relayed the story about Obama admitting that he bullied someone when he was younger. And that seemed to light the fuse on his teacher’s anger. A couple of the students exchanged words with the angry teacher.

“Stop! Stop! Because there’s no comparison. He’s running for president. Obama is the president.”
As one student attempted to argue for a fair, two-sided debate on the history of the candidates, he was shouted down and talked over by the teacher. She continued:

“You got to realize, this man is wanting to be what Obama is. There’s no comparison.”
Once again, the students pressed for equal discussion of the histories of both men, with one saying:

“If you’re gonna talk trash about one side, you gotta talk trash about the other.”
The teacher just seemed to dig her heels in deeper and press her defense of Obama telling the defiant teen:

“You will not disrespect the president of the United States in this classroom.”
Again the student persisted and invoked his First Amendment right.

“I’ll say what I want.”
The still unidentified teacher read the student her rules…her Obama rules.

“Not about him, you won’t!”
The back and forth continued and the most strident of the two students reminded his teacher that President Bush was constantly treated to negative statements about him while he was in office:

“Whenever Bush was president, everybody talked sh-t about him.”
To which the teacher responded:

“Because he was sh-tty.”
The social studies educator went on for a full minute with more ranting, saying that people were arrested for saying derogatory things about President Bush. The student correctly reminded the teacher that opinions are protected, but you cannot be arrested unless you threaten the president.

Our research has not turned up a single case of anyone in America being arrested for speaking ill of former President Bush. The local newspaper story also mentioned that their discussions about the story with a political science professor could not recall the arrests that the teacher was speaking about.

The entire confrontation was recorded by a student and posted on You Tube.

soonerhubs
5/20/2012, 09:45 PM
This teacher is a tool. Ms. Dixon-Neely should at least be reprimanded.

Midtowner
5/20/2012, 09:48 PM
You and your cut/paste blog have a lot in common with this teacher when it comes to your logical reasoning skills.

yermom
5/20/2012, 11:11 PM
you can say whatever you want as long as it is in a "free speech zone"

badger
5/21/2012, 08:25 AM
Teacher: I'm saying what I want because I have no idea that my student is recording me and about to post this to Youtube.

Student: Oh, this is awesome. This teacher is going full-on liberal and has no idea I'm about to post this to Youtube. I bet I get millions of views on this.

^^^truth!

Which is to warn you all, you are likely being recorded, your Internet usage is likely being monitored, and everything you are going could end up becoming incredibly public at any moment, so you best be watchin' yourself :)

olevetonahill
5/21/2012, 08:42 AM
Teacher: I'm saying what I want because I have no idea that my student is recording me and about to post this to Youtube.

Student: Oh, this is awesome. This teacher is going full-on liberal and has no idea I'm about to post this to Youtube. I bet I get millions of views on this.

^^^truth!

Which is to warn you all, you are likely being recorded, your Internet usage is likely being monitored, and everything you are going could end up becoming incredibly public at any moment, so you best be watchin' yourself :)

Yup, Big Brother dont need to watch . Little Brother is doing it for him.

Soonerjeepman
5/21/2012, 09:10 AM
as a teacher we are NOT allowed to endorse any candidate..I promote KNOWLEDGE of the issues and positions of the candidates.
This teacher is in the wrong.

badger
5/21/2012, 09:28 AM
as a teacher we are NOT allowed to endorse any candidate..I promote KNOWLEDGE of the issues and positions of the candidates.
This teacher is in the wrong.

Teachers should be warned repeatedly by administrators, union leaders and everyone else that kids now have access to recording devices in the most unsuspecting places (like their phones) and they could end up on Youtube and there's nothing the school district can do to protect them if something like this gets blown out of proportion.

Based on just what I read, it sounds like this student was looking for an Internet moment, not a First Amendment moment. Yes, the teacher should have allowed open debate between the two major candidates on a topic that is important to school age kids, bullying, but that would not have created the Internet moment, now would it?

For example, when OU visited Washington, it was at a time right after the Seattle Sonics moved to OKC, so the tailgaters were out in full anti-rednick force. I got my little video camera out and was running by these UW fans (their university is in Seattle, yes) and was like "What do you think of the Sonics moving?!" Some were like "No Youtube, no thanks" and others put on their best Southern accent and were like "We done got ourselves an N-B-A pro-fesh-un-al basketball team! Yeeeee-hawwwwww!"

It would have been no fun for me if they were all like "No Youtube, no thanks." But some played right into my little video camera. I also got some great pro-UW drunk talk, like some college kid telling me the size of Jake Locker's balls :eek:

I never posted the clips to Youtube, btw. I just wanted to capture those moments for my own memories. UW folks were tons of fun, even as our football team was destroying them during a season that their team would end up going 0-fer and Tyrone Willingham would finally be fired. We can home-and-home with those Thunder-hating liberals ANY time as far as I'm concerned :D

I Am Right
5/21/2012, 09:35 AM
You and your cut/paste blog have a lot in common with this teacher when it comes to your logical reasoning skills.

I love those posts about cut and paste!

TitoMorelli
5/21/2012, 09:58 AM
Teachers should be warned repeatedly by administrators, union leaders and everyone else that kids now have access to recording devices in the most unsuspecting places (like their phones) and they could end up on Youtube and there's nothing the school district can do to protect them if something like this gets blown out of proportion.

Any decent and mature teacher shouldn't have to be warned in the first place.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/21/2012, 10:27 AM
Uhmm, I pretty sure they are warned. They know better any way. The liberal school agenda and professionals will allow this to happen, however, if the teacher was doing this for Romney, they would have been suspended.

badger
5/21/2012, 10:28 AM
Any decent and mature teacher shouldn't have to be warned in the first place.

It's the Internet. Normally decent and mature people in general are suddenly... not. There's a theory about this:
http://tcritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/greaterdickwad.jpg

Interestingly enough, there were a few occasions back in school that I could say the same thing about teachers, because let's face it: Adults are sooooo ready to blame no-good-punk-kids before they'd think a teacher would do/say something mean and ugly, amirite?

So, teacher has an audience and the kids aren't going to be believed when they go run home to their parents, so there's anonymity. Instant dickwads on some occasions.

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/21/2012, 10:40 AM
The still unidentified teacher read the student her rules…her Obama rules.

Still searching for the evidence that Obama came down from DC to give this ****ty teacher such a rule. The teacher is clearly wrong, but this sensationalist, partisan title would be akin to some posting WBC's protest placards "First amendment according to conservitives". Obviously this teacher has no business teaching kids in school if he/she can't be significantly more impartial.

C&CDean
5/21/2012, 10:50 AM
Obviously this teacher has no business teaching kids in school if he/she can't be significantly more impartial.

You and midtowner could have just stopped with this ^^^^ and you'd be fine. But no...

OULenexaman
5/21/2012, 10:56 AM
just goes to show how frickin amazingly stupid these Obama worshipers are...

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/21/2012, 11:24 AM
You and midtowner could have just stopped with this ^^^^ and you'd be fine. But no...
The OP could have started with "NC teacher loses it" instead of some blanket generalization. But what do you find in my post that is so egregious?

C&CDean
5/21/2012, 11:25 AM
But if the blanket generalization tenny fits, lace that puppy up, no?

REDREX
5/21/2012, 11:28 AM
just goes to show how frickin amazingly stupid these Obama worshipers are...---OBOTS

olevetonahill
5/21/2012, 11:30 AM
The OP could have started with "NC teacher loses it" instead of some blanket generalization. But what do you find in my post that is so egregious?

Ok, I see a solution . Lets make every one run their thread titles By SCS an Mid before postin em to make sure they fit with what they think is right .

Midtowner
5/21/2012, 12:16 PM

You did read my response?

In other words, "I am Right":apparently thinks one idiot teacher = all liberals is exhibiting as much logical talent as this teacher was in his or her totally idiotic statements in the classroom.

The jackassery is universal I'm afraid.

Midtowner
5/21/2012, 12:16 PM

How many liberals have agreed with the idiot teacher?

Guess the tenny doesn't fit.

badger
5/21/2012, 12:19 PM
Calling all shoes "tennies" are a sign of being old, fyi. It's like the parents that used to call every video game system a "Nintendo."

:P

rock on sooner
5/21/2012, 12:44 PM
Uhmm, I pretty sure they are warned. They know better any way. The liberal school agenda and professionals will allow this to happen, however, if the teacher was doing this for Romney, they would have been suspended.

This happened in North Carolina, where same sex marriage was outlawed
by the electorate just recently so not sure just how liberal the school really
is. I suspect if Romney was being trashed, the results would be the same.
Sounds really like the teacher got "suckered" and wasn't smart enough to
see it coming...contract next year might not be renewed.

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/21/2012, 12:51 PM
I can think of so many "liberal" organizations that want to criminalize free speech. The differences in "liberal" Obama and Romey/Gingrich/Santorum are minor, anyways. They all may talk separate games, but their actions aren't so different.

C&CDean
5/21/2012, 01:05 PM
I think the point is that Obama-lovers are ****ing ignorant, and outspoken Obama-lovers are downright retarded. Can we at least agree on this?

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/21/2012, 01:07 PM
I think the point is that Obama-lovers are ****ing ignorant, and outspoken Obama-lovers are downright retarded. Can we at least agree on this?
Agreed. Obama, Romney, Pelosi, Santorum, Gingrich lovers included

C&CDean
5/21/2012, 01:15 PM
Agreed. 100%.

Midtowner
5/21/2012, 01:17 PM

As long as you can agree that Romney lovers are ****ing ignorant, and outspoken Romney-lovers are downright retarded.

Same as always--a choice between a turd sandwich and a giant ******.

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/21/2012, 01:18 PM
As long as you can agree that Romney lovers are ****ing ignorant, and outspoken Romney-lovers are downright retarded.

Right above you.

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/south_park/episode_thumbnails/s08e08_480.jpg

Curly Bill
5/21/2012, 01:22 PM

Yes!

pphilfran
5/21/2012, 01:29 PM
I don't care who they are or who they are running against...

No incumbent vote from me....

I Am Right
5/21/2012, 01:52 PM
Geeez!

rock on sooner
5/21/2012, 02:04 PM
Agreed. Obama, Romney, Pelosi, Santorum, Gingrich lovers included

let's not forget Reid, McConnell, Ryan...aw hell, All 535 members, the Supreme Court, too!

jkjsooner
5/21/2012, 03:12 PM

Disagree. The OP stereotyped all liberals based on one teacher's actions and that deserved a response.

jkjsooner
5/21/2012, 03:20 PM
Ok, I see a solution . Lets make every one run their thread titles By SCS an Mid before postin em to make sure they fit with what they think is right .

So you don't think a generalization in a thread title should be challenged?

olevetonahill
5/21/2012, 03:28 PM

Not really, This kinda carp is dished out by both sides and the middle here .

olevetonahill
5/21/2012, 03:30 PM
This thread came readily to mind.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?168177-Typical-Okie-Republicans

diverdog
5/21/2012, 04:36 PM
I don't care who they are or who they are running against...

No incumbent vote from me....

Phil:

For the most part I agree. However, Delaware is such a small state I tend to keep our Senators in office for fear of losing Dover AFB. I am just hoping the Republicans put someone decent up against Coons because I hate that idiot. The problem I had in the last election was the choice for voting for an idiot and voting for a retarded idiot (O'Donnell).

pphilfran
5/21/2012, 04:38 PM
Diver, my take is that each and everyone failed us...so they all get the boot from me....

diverdog
5/21/2012, 04:53 PM
Diver, my take is that each and everyone failed us...so they all get the boot from me....

I cannot disagree with you. That is why I am looking at Romney.

C&CDean
5/21/2012, 05:10 PM

We've already had a Catholic and a Muslim, why the hell not?

cccasooner2
5/21/2012, 05:36 PM
Here's the Youtube recording.

kJNg2MZPTP4

You can probably tell the races of most from the audio. :)

soonercruiser
5/21/2012, 05:41 PM

HERE THEY GO AGAIN!
Midtowner and the other lefties have a problem resorting to personal attacks, any time that anyone posts some news and facts that don't paint Obamalemmings in a good light. They can't argue the point reasonably, They Just attack, personally!

Kinda like the teacher did in the news story. "My rules"!

The left is always in the right, and can say anything they want.
Everyone else, especially conservatives, must play by a different set of rules....and say nothing!

I Am Right
5/21/2012, 05:47 PM
SALISBURY - The teacher at the center of a controversy over a classroom video has now been suspended with pay, according to the Rowan Salisbury School System.

Tonya Dixon-Neely teaches Social Studies at North Rowan High. She is heard on the video telling a student that he could get arrested for being critical of President Obama, and that people were arrested for being critical of President Bush.

"Effective today, Tanya Dixon-Neely has been suspended with pay while a thorough investigation is being conducted," school officials told WBTV when asked about Dixon-Neely's status.

The link to the video first showed up at WBTV on Tuesday of last week.

It came from a man who said he was a former teacher in the Rowan Salisbury School System. He claimed that a student inside a classroom at North Rowan High School was being verbally abused in a debate over President Obama and Republican candidate Mitt Romney.

"This video is circulating the internet. It is about a North Rowan High School social studies teacher that is verbally abusing a student regarding a question about the President and Mitt Romney," he told WBTV in his email.

"Please watch and listen to the actions of the teacher in this video and bring this type of bullying of students by the staff of RSS to light. As a former social studies teacher in the RSS system, I can tell you that this type of behavior is commonplace," his email continued. "This should not be allowed to be covered up by RSS, as they nearly always do."

The video was shot on the student's cell phone as it sits on a desk, staring up at the fluorescent light on the ceiling, capturing the often out of control conversation between the teacher and several students.

When one student begins criticizing President Obama, the teacher seems to go on the defensive, telling the student at one point that he can be arrested for being critical of the President.

“That’s disrespect. This man (Mitt Romney) is a presidential candidate. He’s not the president,” the teacher shouts. “Let me tell you something, you will not disrespect the president of the United States in this classroom.”

“I’ll say what I want,” the student replied.

“Not about him you won’t,” yelled the teacher. “Do you realize that people were arrested for saying things bad about Bush?” she's heard saying in the video. “Do you realize you are not supposed to slander the president?”

WBTV contacted the Rowan Salisbury School System last week about the video.

Public Information Officer Rita Foil said she was not aware of it and WBTV forwarded the video to her.

To view the unedited video, visit this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjpWaESn_9g

On Thursday, the video was discussed on WSTP Radio in Salisbury, generating several angry calls over the teacher's handling of the situation.

The Rowan-Salisbury School System expects all students and employees to be respectful in the school environment and for all teachers to maintain their professionalism in the classroom," a statement from the school system stated on Friday. "This incident should serve as an education for all teachers to stop and reflect on their interaction with students. Due to personnel and student confidentiality, we cannot discuss the matter publicly."

An article in the Salisbury Post by Sarah Campbell brought more attention, and when the Post article was spotted by several on line news organizations, including the Drudge Report, Fox News, and the Huffington Post brought the incident national attention.

soonercruiser
5/21/2012, 06:00 PM
So, what becomes of this?

My prediction.....The Rowan-Salisbury School System bans electronic devices in the classroom.

Midtowner
5/21/2012, 06:02 PM
HERE THEY GO AGAIN!
Midtowner and the other lefties have a problem resorting to personal attacks, any time that anyone posts some news and facts that don't paint Obamalemmings in a good light. They can't argue the point reasonably, They Just attack, personally!

Kinda like the teacher did in the news story. "My rules"!

The left is always in the right, and can say anything they want.
Everyone else, especially conservatives, must play by a different set of rules....and say nothing!

I've repeatedly admitted that this teacher was an idiot. Now both you and "I Am Right" are making the same stupid assertion that one person = representative of the group without any supporting information.

That's dumb. I don't know whether you're actually that dumb or not... maybe just drunk as Dean suggested? Dunno.

If I was to say cruiser = a retarded drunk lemming (which I'm not, this is just an example, promise), ergo all right wing internet trolls are retarded drunk lemmings, I'd be right there in that winner's circle with you, but that's not what I'm saying, is it?

I Am Right
5/21/2012, 06:33 PM
Sorry, cut and Paste!

Midtowner
5/21/2012, 06:43 PM
Sorry, cut and Paste!

Another example:

If I was to say, for example, that I Am Right is an ignorant slut, would that automatically mean all people who cut and paste ridiculous articles of butthurt on internet forums seeking to start an internet outrage circle jerk are ignorant sluts as well? Well, that wouldn't be logical either, would it?

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/21/2012, 07:37 PM
Sorry, cut and Paste!
It's bad form to copy and paste articles (without putting them inside some sort of quotation) especially when you don't leave a link to your source. This goes for every part of the spectrum...

I Am Right
5/21/2012, 08:45 PM
Form over substance!

rock on sooner
5/21/2012, 09:09 PM

DIVER??!!?? Romney is a full out sprint BACK to W...without any doubt.
He's already said as much. Now, think about what Obama inherited....
everything unfunded, spent more than the surplus, took care of his well-
healed buddies and smirked about it at every turn. Absolutely no sensible
approach to anything and now the GOP thinks they can cut their way out
of this mess. C'mon, it takes more revenue and less spending...this is
a no brainer.

Boehner can't control his caucus...may be replaced IF they retain the house.
Compromise is a four letter word to the Tea Partiers and most of the rest
of the GOP.

Dems don't have all the answers, neither does the GOP.
There ABSOLUTELY has to some "can't we all get along?"

If not, then, well.....

diverdog
5/21/2012, 09:09 PM
Form over substance!

****'n "A"..bubba...never let them see you sweat.

diverdog
5/21/2012, 09:11 PM
We've already had a Catholic and a Muslim, why the hell not?

I deal with a lot of Mormon's in Scouting and to a person they are really good people. Just don't get them started talking about their church. Your head will explode. Lots and lots of rules and expectations.

soonercruiser
5/21/2012, 10:22 PM
I've repeatedly admitted that this teacher was an idiot. Now both you and "I Am Right" are making the same stupid assertion that one person = representative of the group without any supporting information.

That's dumb. I don't know whether you're actually that dumb or not... maybe just drunk as Dean suggested? Dunno.

If I was to say cruiser = a retarded drunk lemming (which I'm not, this is just an example, promise), ergo all right wing internet trolls are retarded drunk lemmings, I'd be right there in that winner's circle with you, but that's not what I'm saying, is it?

Your first post on this was an insult to the perveyor of the news!

Originally Posted by Midtowner

It was a personal attack, rather than an intelligent argument!
Right out of the Alinskyian playbook! I called you on it!
:surprise:

Midtowner
5/21/2012, 10:40 PM
Your first post on this was an insult to the perveyor of the news!

No. Your reading comp is pretty **** poor. It was a comparison.

It was a personal attack, rather than an intelligent argument!
Right out of the Alinskyian playbook! I called you on it!
:surprise:

Again, reading comp ain't your strength.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/22/2012, 09:16 AM
So, what becomes of this?

My prediction.....The Rowan-Salisbury School System bans electronic devices in the classroom.

They have no place in school. Need a phone, go to the office... As much as I don't like this teacher's attitude, there is no reason be able to record things unless you have a disability and using it as an accomodation.

LiveLaughLove
5/22/2012, 11:37 AM
When someone produces video/audio of our kids being brainwashed toward a conservative or Republican politician then it can be said both sides do it and it can be a moral equivelancy.

There have been numerous video/audio of our kids being brainwashed toward Obama. I have yet to even see one video/audio about Romney or anyone like him being pushed/forced down our kids throats.

Not saying it hasn't happened, but until I see it, it's exclusively the domain of the Obama worshippers.

This woman is a disgrace, not only for her attempted brainwashing, but for her being less intelligent than a 15 year old that completely pwned her in every way.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/22/2012, 12:18 PM
For some teachers today, sadly, it is not hard for 15 year olds to completely pwn them...

Midtowner
5/22/2012, 12:20 PM
When someone produces video/audio of our kids being brainwashed toward a conservative or Republican politician then it can be said both sides do it and it can be a moral equivelancy.

Liberty University?

LiveLaughLove
5/22/2012, 12:27 PM
Liberty University?

LOL! Comparing a private Christian University to a public high school is beneath even you, Mid.

Well, OK, obviously not, but just not quite the same thing. It's missing something that I can't quite put my finger on.

Lets see... oh yeah, one is a school where adults choose to go and one is a FREAKING PUBLIC SCHOOL WHERE CHILDREN HAVE TO GO!

Yeah that's it. I knew I'd think of it.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/22/2012, 12:42 PM
Liberty University?

Poor choice. A venue where people choose to go vs. the indoctrination of compulsory public education... Example Fail!

SanJoaquinSooner
5/22/2012, 12:56 PM

Well, when I was in public school in Oklahoma we didn't have recording devices, but my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. White, read to us from the King James version of the New Testament every morning - usually from one of the first four books. This was in addition to being led by a student chaplin over the intercom to say The Lord's Prayer.

As a result I, to this day, still suffer from acute religious anxiety. I didn't dare complain as they were constantly threatening students - that if you caused trouble it would go on your permanent record.

soonerhubs
5/22/2012, 01:12 PM

There have been numerous video/audio of our kids being brainwashed toward Obama. I have yet to even see one video/audio about Romney or anyone like him being pushed/forced down our kids throats.

Not saying it hasn't happened, but until I see it, it's exclusively the domain of the Obama worshippers.

This woman is a disgrace, not only for her attempted brainwashing, but for her being less intelligent than a 15 year old that completely pwned her in every way.

False dichotomies are false. :) This lady was an idiot. Are there more idiots like her out there? Most definitely. Do liberals hold the monopoly on idiocy? No. There are plenty of conservatives, libertarians, liberals, witch doctors, disco dancers, and freelance beer makers who fall under the label of idiot. On the other hand many of these people are extremely brilliant. They simply disagree on many social issues.

This teacher was suspended. She started talking out of her backside and couldn't reverse the direction of her remarks, which reflects poor judgment. Also, she obviously drinks the Koolaid, in that I doubt her choice to vote (or support--She may have not voted) for President Obama had much more to do with anything other than the fact that she'd be "making history." I would proffer that those who attack the current POTUS because of his religion (he's christian btw), friends, or birthplace simply drink a different flavor of the same hollow beverage that contains no substance.

Rant over for now. ;)

soonerhubs
5/22/2012, 01:13 PM
Well, when I was in public school in Oklahoma we didn't have recording devices, but my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. White, read to us from the King James version of the New Testament every morning - usually from one of the first four books. This was in addition to being led by a student chaplin over the intercom to say The Lord's Prayer.

As a result I, to this day, still suffer from acute religious anxiety. I didn't dare complain as they were constantly threatening students - that if you caused trouble it would go on your permanent record.

I once hyperventilated over a B in the 3rd grade. The permanent record mantra always scared the **** out of me as a child. :)

TheHumanAlphabet
5/22/2012, 03:42 PM
...I didn't dare complain as they were constantly threatening students - that if you caused trouble it would go on your permanent record.

What is this permanent record??? I have never seen one. It is mentioned all the time. I got my records, only grades and honors, no mention of any discipline I had, I saw the principal a few times...

Midtowner
5/22/2012, 03:46 PM
Poor choice. A venue where people choose to go vs. the indoctrination of compulsory public education... Example Fail!

2ucv1-PJVT4

The above is obviously at a Christian school of some sort, but gee whiz.

vjpWaESn_9g

And I believe this is the incident. If you listen to it, she does say that folks were arrested for slandering Bush. Is she ignorant? Hell yes. Do these kids sound indoctrinated? No, in fact they made their teacher look like an ***.

8timechamps
5/22/2012, 04:49 PM
I once hyperventilated over a B in the 3rd grade. The permanent record mantra always scared the **** out of me as a child. :)

I once hyperventilated over a bee in elementary school (true), but I would have been overjoyed with a "B". Then again, I'm not a Phd. :D

8timechamps
5/22/2012, 04:50 PM
What is this permanent record??? I have never seen one. It is mentioned all the time. I got my records, only grades and honors, no mention of any discipline I had, I saw the principal a few times...

I'll be the first to admit that I've threatened my kids with comments about their permanent record. I also like how your permanent record "follows you for the rest of your life".

diverdog
5/22/2012, 04:59 PM
a no brainer.

of the GOP.

If not, then, well.....

The real deal breaker for me with Romney is if he says he will attack Iran. I will march on the streets if we go to war with another nation without a vote in congress and a clear national interest at stake.

Midtowner
5/22/2012, 05:27 PM
LOL! Comparing a private Christian University to a public high school is beneath even you, Mid.

Well, OK, obviously not, but just not quite the same thing. It's missing something that I can't quite put my finger on.

Lets see... oh yeah, one is a school where adults choose to go and one is a FREAKING PUBLIC SCHOOL WHERE CHILDREN HAVE TO GO!

Yeah that's it. I knew I'd think of it.

Children have to go wherever their parents send them. See my above YT video with the kiddos speaking in tongues to bless GWB.

Makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Bourbon St Sooner
5/22/2012, 06:15 PM

The only thought provoking post in this thread is this.

And the thought provoking part is are there really any Romney lovers out there? I mean, I think his whole campaign has been I ain't that other retard so vote for me. He might actually win the presidency with that kind of "support", although I'm still betting against it.

soonercruiser
5/22/2012, 09:39 PM

LOL...!
I remember getting sweaty over that line a time or two in HS too.
"Meaningless" in the big picture of life.

soonercruiser
5/22/2012, 09:45 PM
a no brainer.

of the GOP.

If not, then, well.....

The Dems don't have any answers or plan for the economy, jobs, or the real deficit!
Obama is afraid to tackle the real driver of the deficit - SS and Medicare!
They had a Dem majority in both Houses, and the Whitehouse for two years!

What do we have to show for it? OBAMACARE and increased health costs; companies dropping health insurance!
The Dem Senate hasn't passed a budget in 3 years!
WHY? So they can use Repug plans as attack and scare material in the coming election.

diverdog
5/22/2012, 09:47 PM
LOL...!I remember getting sweaty over that line a time or two in HS too.
"Meaningless" in the big picture of life.

It's ALIVE! I see you have made it out of your casket once again.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Bela_lugosi_dracula.jpg