PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'll be getting to visit my SF friends in Norman now...

NoleMan
5/20/2012, 06:41 PM
again every other year. Florida State’s move to the Big 12 is inevitable, or so they say. They also say we'll be Bevo's ####. Don't know what to make any of this, but looks like here we come.

:welcoming:

Memtig14
5/20/2012, 07:05 PM
. They also say we'll be Bevo's ####.

:welcoming:

Not as long as Mac is around!!!

badger
5/21/2012, 08:21 AM
They also say we'll be Bevo's ####.

It's better than being the state of North Carolina's #### from the looks of it. At least if you're so-called "Bevo's ####" you get to keep third tier TV rights for football, unlike what North Carolina doth shat for the ACC television dealio.

Even if you're eating what Bevo be ####ing, you will also be:
- Competing for the football conference title every year. Bevo makes tons of money, but doesn't know how to spend it wisely.
- Competing for the basketball conference title every year. If KU lets you. I mean, you guys just beat the NC schools, so I have to assume that you'll give KU a few basketball headaches here (btw, awesomely cool that you graduated all your players too!)
- And that includes the women, so long as Baylor doesn't keep cheating (if you are a fan of womens bball or just casually interested, make sure to check out the basketball board during basketball season). Bevo pays top dollar to get in top coaches and even as an athletic director dedicated solely to women's Bevo sports... and it got them nothing but first round exits from the NCAAs in return. D'oh!

Seriously, even if Bevo is ####ing money right now, it is getting nothing but... well, ####.

yermom
5/21/2012, 09:59 AM
i'm thinking it would be something like 1/4 or 1/6 years...

going to Tallahassee every other year would be rough!

if this expansion occurs, seems it's going to get harder to schedule good home and home OOC games

soonerboomer93
5/21/2012, 10:33 AM
Not any harder then it was when we were @ 12 before.

It would be once every 4 years we'd play in tala with FSU coming to town once every 4. This is assuming that it stops at 12. It may go to 16 though not sure how that would work. I think Big12 -2 -1 +1 +1 -1 +2 (Welcome FSU and Clemson) is coming, then we'll see if we go 14 or 16 depends on Nutered Dame though.

yermom
5/21/2012, 11:14 AM
i guess i'm assuming more than 12 teams, but also, before our farthest trip was only 800 miles to Boulder

heading to places like Morgantown or Tallahassee that often seems like it will be rough, in addition to being tougher games, most likely

Jason White's Third Knee
5/21/2012, 01:21 PM
I won't mind flying to Tallahassee every few years.

prrriiide
5/21/2012, 07:56 PM
I'd think they could work out the sched so that no teams would have to do @FSU and @WVU in the season. Bad news for them, though because all of their trips would be long ones.