PDA

View Full Version : Another 2012 JUCO WR commits to OU

Salt City Sooner
5/19/2012, 08:34 PM
LaColtan Bester:

http://njcaa.org/colleges_college_player.cfm?sid=11&collegeid=1556&category=Roster&slid=5&teamid=118205&athleteid=307746

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i-TE_IsiEGc

8timechamps
5/19/2012, 10:39 PM
Interesting pick-up. Last year was the kid's first year as a WR...and he led his team to a NJCAA National Title. He had 76 catches for 1,042 yards and 17 touchdowns last season to lead all receivers on this team.

Transferred from De Kalb, Miss./East Mississippi CC. Will be eligible to play this fall. AND...he's another big boy 6'3" 205lbs. Looks like the plan is to increase the overall size of our WR corps.

boomersooner28
5/20/2012, 07:54 AM
Interesting.

rock on sooner
5/20/2012, 09:27 AM
Looks like a lot of his work is to go to a spot and outjump
the defender for the ball, although he did catch a number
of balls in high traffic across the middle.....

stoopified
5/20/2012, 12:01 PM
Not trying to rain on this parade BUT why was this kid availible almost 4 months after signing day?Leading WR on juco champ team and nobody offers in Feb. ? That would make me think there are character and/or academic issues here. Whatever the case I trust OUr coaches although I do wonder if OU would have offered him if not forthe suspensions.

Ruf/Nek7
5/20/2012, 12:51 PM
There were some concerns as far as academics went. We may get one good year from him. He will be eligible for 3 years. A JUCO recruting analyst had Bester as the # 2 wr in JUCO football behing Gardner. He really looks like a go to guy in his Youtube highlights. Hopefully he works out for us.

cccasooner2
5/20/2012, 12:57 PM
http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2012/5/20/3032157/ou-football-recruiting-sooners-make-a-very-late-addition-to-2012-class

Most complete article I could find for free.

8timechamps
5/20/2012, 04:41 PM
Not trying to rain on this parade BUT why was this kid availible almost 4 months after signing day?Leading WR on juco champ team and nobody offers in Feb. ? That would make me think there are character and/or academic issues here. Whatever the case I trust OUr coaches although I do wonder if OU would have offered him if not forthe suspensions.

This kid is certainly not the next Ryan Broyles, and I think the fact that he just finished his first year as a WR had a lot to do with the interest level. However, the interest was heating up over the past few weeks.

I don't know that this kid will ever see much game time, but I think this is a message being sent to the suspended trio..."we'll move on with, or without you".

OU_Sooners75
5/20/2012, 05:09 PM
This kid is certainly not the next Ryan Broyles, and I think the fact that he just finished his first year as a WR had a lot to do with the interest level. However, the interest was heating up over the past few weeks.

I don't know that this kid will ever see much game time, but I think this is a message being sent to the suspended trio..."we'll move on with, or without you".

The only thing that will keep this kid from seeing the field of play is himself. It would be his lack of grasping the offense. It would be his work ethic. I would be his attitude.

Not saying any of these things are his issues (the playbook at this point is but that isn't on him), but these are issues that would keep this guy off the the field.

He has the talent and size to contribute right away if he can get the playbook down.