PDA

View Full Version : While Rome Burns - the news media Fiddle

soonercruiser
5/17/2012, 10:38 PM
So the news media and Drive-By cable news are making headlines news of a right wing PAC's plan to do a dirty ad against Obama.
And, they and moderates like John McLame pressure Romney for an apology....for something that didn't even happen?????
WHY???

"Distraction"....away from the economy and cruel and bad news that the OB administration should me making.
Like this........releasing terrorists responsible for killing our soldiers!

West: President Obama's release of a known Hezbollah terrorist is an "utter betrayal"
http://west.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4573:west-president-obamas-release-of-a-known-hezbollah-terrorist-is-an-qutter-betrayalq&catid=73:press-releases

Hill GOP wants answers on Hezbollah leader tied to soldiers killings, set for release
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/16/hill-gop-wants-answers-on-hezbollah-leader-tied-to-soldiers-killings-set-for/

Obama’s Policy In Iraq Results In Release Of Hezbollah Terrorist That Killed American Soldiers
http://www.commonsensejunction.com/?p=18840

Brits also upset about release of Hezballah terrorist in Iraq
http://prairiepundit.blogspot.com/2012/05/brits-also-upset-about-release-of.html#!/2012/05/brits-also-upset-about-release-of.html

Any wonder why they are called "AMATEURS"?

diverdog
5/18/2012, 07:02 AM
You are such a partisan hack. Did you care to read anything you posted? Probably not. And by the way this was the end game for the war....Iraqi self rule.

The news is full of stories on how bad the jobs reports are and how the housing markets continue to struggle. You are just pissed because it isn't all hate all the time. To bad you are always rooting against America.

soonerhubs
5/18/2012, 07:27 AM
While some of us read, others cut and paste links with hyperbolic titles from Drudge and Breitbart.

cleller
5/18/2012, 07:52 AM
I read the links and also think it shows a lack of conviction to allow this murderer to go free.

diverdog
5/18/2012, 09:20 AM
I read the links and also think it shows a lack of conviction to allow this murderer to go free.

He was captured in 2007...why didn't Bush transfer him to gitmo? The status of forces agreement signed in 2008 obligated us to turn over prisoners to Iraq. Again done under the Bush administration. So to be fair there is at least 75% blame on Bush and 25% on Obama for not getting this ******* into US custody. For the republicans to be outraged over this smacks of hypocricy.

Also in one of the links posted it said that US diplomats were "outraged" over the release.

badger
5/18/2012, 09:26 AM
So to be fair there is at least 75% blame on Bush

Blame Bush, hehe :P

Seriously though, who cares. The media does what it does, and sf.com posters post what they post and fiddle fiddle fiddle burn Rome burn. In the grand scheme of things, will getting upset about stuff really make that big of difference?

If not, find something that will make you laugh on the Internet instead. I, for one, am disappointed that those Wright/Obama ads will never exist. They probably would have been over the top hilarious.

C&CDean
5/18/2012, 09:27 AM
I wish cruiser wouldn't post after 10pm. It's very obvious he is well into his half-dozenth martini.

diverdog
5/18/2012, 09:31 AM
I wish cruiser wouldn't post after 10pm. It's very obvious he is well into his half-dozenth martini.

I am beginning to think he is a vampire. You never see him during the day.

diverdog
5/18/2012, 09:35 AM
Blame Bush, hehe :P

Seriously though, who cares. The media does what it does, and sf.com posters post what they post and fiddle fiddle fiddle burn Rome burn. In the grand scheme of things, will getting upset about stuff really make that big of difference?

If not, find something that will make you laugh on the Internet instead. I, for one, am disappointed that those Wright/Obama ads will never exist. They probably would have been over the top hilarious.

Badger I do care that a murder got away. Hopefully they will kill him with a drone strike.

cleller
5/18/2012, 10:18 AM
How does Bush factor into this? Oh yeah, Obama let something stupid happen again.

diverdog
5/18/2012, 10:45 AM
How does Bush factor into this? Oh yeah, Obama let something stupid happen again.

Seriously? You guys on the right must get lobotomized on anything republicans do. The Bush administration had this guy for over two years. How come they did not ship him to gitmo? Why did they sign the accords agreeing to hand over the prisoners to the Iraqi government? Yeah I fault the Obama idiots for not putting a bullet in this guys head. But it should have never gotten to that if the Bush folks had put him in gitmo.

Position Limit
5/18/2012, 11:18 AM
Seriously? You guys on the right must get lobotomized on anything republicans do. The Bush administration had this guy for over two years. How come they did not ship him to gitmo? Why did they sign the accords agreeing to hand over the prisoners to the Iraqi government? Yeah I fault the Obama idiots for not putting a bullet in this guys head. But it should have never gotten to that if the Bush folks had put him in gitmo.

it's part of the republican narrative. ignore the utter disaster the bush admin was and the ruins they walked away from. then stay on point that everything had an easy fix and obama is just an idiot for not creating a utopia out of the mess overnight.

OULenexaman
5/18/2012, 11:23 AM
I wish cruiser wouldn't post after 10pm. It's very obvious he is well into his half-dozenth martini. That's what makes it entertaining......I mean just trying to cipher his typing is good stuff.

I Am Right
5/18/2012, 11:32 AM
While some of us read, others cut and paste links with hyperbolic titles from Drudge and Breitbart.

Whats wrong with cut and past? Last I heard it is a standard Computer Operation.

badger
5/18/2012, 12:27 PM
it's part of the republican narrative.
But how can it be if it doesn't mention Ronald Reagan? :P

ignore the utter disaster the bush admin was and the ruins they walked away from.
Walked away from... due to term limits, lol

then stay on point that everything had an easy fix
Hey, nothing's easier than doing nothing!

and obama is just an idiot for not creating a utopia out of the mess overnight.
WTbgsoHDc24

Politics is a big funny lately. Might as well sit back and laugh at it all.

cleller
5/18/2012, 03:29 PM

This is a surprising level of illogical thinking. Ali Musa Daqdug was being held in a US detention center on a US base where he was to be tried by a military tribunal. In Dec, 2011, the White House handed over Daqdug to Iranian authorities against the advice of military and intelligence officials, and Leon Panetta.

Lots of suggestions about Gitmo, also. Aren't most Obama supporters against the whole idea of sending prisoners to Gitmo?

It is clear that the only person responsible for this situation is Obama. Blaming anyone else is irrational, and seems much more the like the conclusion of someone who has been lobotomized.

soonerhubs
5/18/2012, 05:08 PM

Whats wrong with cut and past? Last I heard it is a standard Computer Operation.

Touche. :)

cleller
5/18/2012, 08:08 PM

Can you believe Midtowner neg'd me over this comment? Even called me a rude name. Accused me of not reading the articles. Seems to think this all occurred in 2007. I read them. Like I stated, he was in a US detention camp awaiting a military tribunal until released by Obama in Dec 2011. Obama was not obligated to turn him over. He was a US prisoner. Obama can take him out of the country for trial, he's the president of the US. He should act like.

Disappointing.

soonercruiser
5/19/2012, 10:23 PM

Yes!
I do beileve that some of you can read, believe it or not.
I post a point and some articles that support that point of view.
So, you are free to read (if you can) and post some opposing opinion and supporting articles.
DUH!

soonercruiser
5/19/2012, 10:24 PM
You are such a partisan hack. Did you care to read anything you posted? Probably not. And by the way this was the end game for the war....Iraqi self rule.

The news is full of stories on how bad the jobs reports are and how the housing markets continue to struggle. You are just pissed because it isn't all hate all the time. To bad you are always rooting against America.

Why do you hate so much Diver....so much that you want terrorists turned free?

soonercruiser
5/19/2012, 10:27 PM

Back with the personal attacks there, Dean?
Why don'y you ban yoursel or something?

We know who the drunks are on the site.

soonercruiser
5/19/2012, 10:29 PM
I am beginning to think he is a vampire. You never see him during the day.

Some of us still work and volunteer during the day.
We all can't be on welfare or unemployment to post during the daytime hours....even thought Obama would like it that way.

soonercruiser
5/19/2012, 10:35 PM
That's what makes it entertaining......I mean just trying to cipher his typing is good stuff.

Attach the messenger! Standard left wing regressive tactic!

I do appreciate the fact that some are at least willing to discuss the issue, and calmly point out that Boooosh's agreement played a role in the release. Agree, it played a role. But, what other Bush plicies has Obama obeyed to the letter?
Hummmmm....

But all you hateful left wing regressive can do is attack with the Alinskyian tactic.
That is simply a brainless, hateful tactic!
Please grow up "juniors"!

soonercruiser
5/19/2012, 11:04 PM

Diver,
Obama and his media minions are ones who doing the great job of deflecting attention away from the horrible economy, joblessness, and the growing deficit!

You, Hubs, Lexenaman (talk about a misspellunk!), PL and Dean are the dolts in the crowd!

But, for you Diver, I did go back AGAIN and re-read the story links!
DUH!
SOFA did not aply! The terrorist was a Lebanese citizen! NOT AN IRAQI!
Blame Booosh again.....DUH!

Obama made a personal promise to the Iraqi President to release him!
Obama is the one who could have transfered him to GITMO.

My original point stands! Obama is an AMATEUR!
Please don't let your anger at the world cloud your reasoning.

soonercruiser
5/19/2012, 11:21 PM
Perhaps this will make you lefties happy....coming back the important issues at hand!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/SoonerCruiser_photos/Political/Obamadistraction.gif

cleller
5/20/2012, 08:06 AM
Obama had three years to deal with this situation, yet made no attempts to insure he was tried. Obama decided to release him to the Iraqis against the advice of the military, CIA and Leon Panetta. From past cases, they were aware the Iraqis were more likely than not to release Daqdug. You can throw down the Status of Forces Agreement all you want, but it doesn't hold water in this case. Daqdug is not an Iraqi; Obama is the President of the United States. He can put the guy on a plane and get him out of there any time he wants.

Obama had/has the power, authority and international legal precedent to remove Daqdug from Iraq for trial. He just doesn't have the backbone or resolve.

Even Human Rights First supported bringing Daqdug to the US for trial.
http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/2012/02/24/federal-courts-stronger-forum-for-daqduq-case/

soonercruiser
5/20/2012, 02:17 PM
Diver, Hubs, Lexenaman, PL and Dean have a problem dealing with the FACTS!!

Attack the messenger is their game.

diverdog
5/21/2012, 06:06 AM
Obama had three years to deal with this situation, yet made no attempts to insure he was tried. Obama decided to release him to the Iraqis against the advice of the military, CIA and Leon Panetta. From past cases, they were aware the Iraqis were more likely than not to release Daqdug. You can throw down the Status of Forces Agreement all you want, but it doesn't hold water in this case. Daqdug is not an Iraqi; Obama is the President of the United States. He can put the guy on a plane and get him out of there any time he wants.

Obama had/has the power, authority and international legal precedent to remove Daqdug from Iraq for trial. He just doesn't have the backbone or resolve.

Even Human Rights First supported bringing Daqdug to the US for trial.
http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/2012/02/24/federal-courts-stronger-forum-for-daqduq-case/

Cleller:

Both the Bush and Obama Administration wanted to try this guy in court and they were stopped by senior republican leadership.

We were required to turn all prisoners over to iraq. The bulk of the really bad fighters we faced in iraq were foreign.

cleller
5/21/2012, 07:34 AM
Cleller:

Both the Bush and Obama Administration wanted to try this guy in court and they were stopped by senior republican leadership.

We were required to turn all prisoners over to iraq. The bulk of the really bad fighters we faced in iraq were foreign.

I would love to read some of the info about Republicans being involved in the decision to leave this man in Iraq. Researching the topic, I have seen no info about that. All I have seen is statements from Republicans condemning the action. This NY Times article from Dec illustrates that Republicans were against the hand-over, and outlines how the US was not required to turn Daqdug over to the Iraqis:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/12/world/middleeast/militarys-last-detainee-in-iraq-poses-dilemma-for-obama.html

Further, the Republican members of the Senate Judiciary Committee stated on May 10, 2012 that the Obama Administration filed war crimes charges on Daqdug AFTER turning him over to the Iraqis. They felt this was a move to prevent the US from having access to him. The Senate only learned of this action after the New York Times published the facts.

http://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/Article.cfm?customel_dataPageID_1502=40649

soonerhubs
5/21/2012, 08:36 AM

Cruiser has a problem not making everything into a partisan pissing match. This is the case, even when he is asked not to do so in a thread I started, discussing the Euro (LINK (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?168185-Questions-Regarding-the-Eurozone-and-Greece&p=3477984&viewfull=1#post3477984)). Calling the "messenger" out for being an irrational d-bag is my game. :)

diverdog
5/21/2012, 09:53 AM
I would love to read some of the info about Republicans being involved in the decision to leave this man in Iraq. Researching the topic, I have seen no info about that. All I have seen is statements from Republicans condemning the action. This NY Times article from Dec illustrates that Republicans were against the hand-over, and outlines how the US was not required to turn Daqdug over to the Iraqis:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/12/world/middleeast/militarys-last-detainee-in-iraq-poses-dilemma-for-obama.html

Further, the Republican members of the Senate Judiciary Committee stated on May 10, 2012 that the Obama Administration filed war crimes charges on Daqdug AFTER turning him over to the Iraqis. They felt this was a move to prevent the US from having access to him. The Senate only learned of this action after the New York Times published the facts.

http://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/Article.cfm?customel_dataPageID_1502=40649

Cleller:

Here is a good over view for you. The Israelis do not paint a good picture. Where the problem really lies is our failure to set up a status and court system to try this criminals. There is blame to go around for everyone. The dems did not want gitmo and the republicans did not want civilian trials. We would have been better off killing them.

http://www.israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=21690

And another:

http://m.upi.com/m/story/UPI-66721336506570/

cleller
5/21/2012, 11:24 AM
Cleller:

Here is a good over view for you. The Israelis do not paint a good picture. Where the problem really lies is our failure to set up a status and court system to try this criminals. There is blame to go around for everyone. The dems did not want gitmo and the republicans did not want civilian trials. We would have been better off killing them.

http://www.israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=21690

And another:

http://m.upi.com/m/story/UPI-66721336506570/

I get what you're saying about Repubs wanting him in Cuba, and Dems not, etc.

Obama had some complex crap going on about implications on foreign relations, not inciting people, all that. Plus, he'd painted himself into a corner with all his anti-Guantanamo talk. I still maintain if you are going to hold that office, you need to take care of business.

Feelings toward the US in that part of the world aren't going to get much worse. Flinching on decisions like this just gives people hope they can push us even further.

OULenexaman
5/21/2012, 12:02 PM

Attack the messenger is their game. dude.......I wasn't attacking you. That's a fact.

diverdog
5/21/2012, 12:33 PM
I get what you're saying about Repubs wanting him in Cuba, and Dems not, etc.

Obama had some complex crap going on about implications on foreign relations, not inciting people, all that. Plus, he'd painted himself into a corner with all his anti-Guantanamo talk. I still maintain if you are going to hold that office, you need to take care of business.

Feelings toward the US in that part of the world aren't going to get much worse. Flinching on decisions like this just gives people hope they can push us even further.

I totally agree. It is a real mess and there is plenty of blame to go around. I really think this was a case of no good options.

What we need is a Mossad hit team to take him out with a sticky bomb.

diverdog
5/21/2012, 12:36 PM
dude.......I wasn't attacking you. That's a fact.

He is like a mafia boss. Better to kill everyone and take no chances. You got killed in the crossfire.

Don Cruiser strikes again. (theme to Godfather playing in the background)

pphilfran
5/21/2012, 12:44 PM
I totally agree. It is a real mess and there is plenty of blame to go around. I really think this was a case of no good options.

What we need is a Mossad hit team to take him out with a sticky bomb.

Seal Team Six

C&CDean
5/21/2012, 01:13 PM

Now you're drinking mid day? Shame on you.

You know I am > conservative than you, right? Difference is, I ain't an idiot about it. You think shouting, foaming at the mouth, ranting and raving will somehow make a difference. You think acting exactly like the outspoken idiot liberals on this site will magically make some dumbass lib change his mind or something. I think that type of behavior is idiotic.

One of us is right, and one of us is wrong. I'll let you figure it out.