PDA

View Full Version : How will they spin this?

Mazeppa
5/17/2012, 08:08 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/rkdgsj.png

rock on sooner
5/17/2012, 08:31 PM

Pretty easily, actually...they got the facts wrong...check with the state
of Hawaii.

diverdog
5/17/2012, 08:32 PM
of Hawaii.

http://newsok.com/obama-literary-agent-1991-bio-was-an-error/article/feed/383539

SicEmBaylor
5/17/2012, 08:33 PM
I do believe Obama was born in Hawaii, but it absolutely astounded me when I realized that each state's election board does not independently verify the credentials of each candidate on the ballot.

Midtowner
5/17/2012, 08:36 PM
of Hawaii.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/270938/OBAMA-BIRTH-CERTIFICATE-LONG-FORM.jpg

SoonerProphet
5/17/2012, 08:37 PM

They'll say, yeah you guys go ahead and campaign with that issue.

Sooner5030
5/17/2012, 08:41 PM
not an obama fan.....but his mother is merikan so he is merikan....not being born on soil or whatever is kinda dated and prolly not the original intent.

/not a scholar or anything else

Mazeppa
5/17/2012, 08:52 PM
Obama literary agent: 1991 bio was an 'error'

Published: May 17, 2012 Comment on this article 1

Miriam Goderich, whose literary agency described eventual-President Obama in 1991 as having been born in Kenya, said today that the description reflected "a simple mistake and nothing more."

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya," Goderich said in a statement to Roll Call. "This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time." Roll Call's Taegan Goddard added, for disclosure, that he is "a client of the same literary agency."

Breitbart's Joel Pollack, who reported on the promotional bio, says that Goderich ignored repeated requests for comment on the topic before he ran the story. "Breitbart News attempted to reach Goderich by telephone several times over several days," he wrote. "Her calls are screened by an automated service that requires callers to state their name and company, which we did. She never answered."

Goderich added in her statement to Roll Call that "there was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii."

I wonder if she was paid $150,000 to say that?

LiveLaughLove
5/17/2012, 09:41 PM
The question isn't where he was born, it is why did he want people back then to think he was born in Kenya.

He had plenty of time over the years that that bio was around to correct it. It ran in different forms all the way up to him being junior senator of Illinois.

Yet no one from Obamas camp ever saw his own bio from his own publicist? Stretches credulity.

The publicist had to get the idea for the bio from someone close to Obama, otherwise how would they know anything about him at all, like living in Indonesia, Hawaii etc.

For some reason it was advantageous to be thought of as a foreign born national for a good part of his life. Why?

The bio didn't change until April, 2007. Isn't that interesting.

soonercruiser
5/17/2012, 09:54 PM
Still waiting for Obama's school records to be made public....just like the Left insisted that Boooosh do.
But, just like the white house presidential history records, the White House Staff will probably change that "to fit" too.

Whet
5/17/2012, 10:27 PM
It's not they anyone believes he was not born in Hawaii, but this is a scathing indictment of the MSM. This has been around for 21 years and not one member of the MSM had any mention of it, whether they never looked, or they withheld it. Either way, the MSM was so enamored with getting Obama elected, they never did the vetting.

Whet
5/17/2012, 10:29 PM
They changed the bio two months AFTER Obama decided to run for President. Heck, if Obama never listened to his preacher for 20 years, would you expect him to read his bio from his agent?

yermom
5/17/2012, 11:13 PM
it's all a plot from the Kenyans to take us down from the inside with their crazy economic ideas

LiveLaughLove
5/17/2012, 11:30 PM
it's all a plot from the Kenyans to take us down from the inside with their crazy economic ideas

Do you mean the crazy economic ideas by his Kenyan father, the communist economist?

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/18/2012, 04:33 AM
No no, not a Kenyan plot, a Keynesian plot.

diverdog
5/18/2012, 06:08 AM
Reminds me of:

wgTPH5y1-ZI

LiveLaughLove
5/18/2012, 12:48 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/18/dystel-biography-submission-guidelines-obama-kenya-fact-checking-error

Wow, people provide their own bio's to them instead of them writing them for the authors.

Shocked! Shocked I tell you!

It seems dear leader has a little Elizabeth Warren in him. Getting favored positions by claiming a status he didn't hold. Hmmm.

I'm crestfallen to think he gamed the system. I thought he was the liberal Messiah. Turns out he's just a mess.

badger
5/18/2012, 12:52 PM
not an obama fan.....but his mother is merikan so he is merikan....not being born on soil or whatever is kinda dated and prolly not the original intent.

/not a scholar or anything else

This. John McCain wasn't born on merikan soil yet nobody ever questioned his candidacy in 2008.

And let's face it: There is PLENTY of anti-Obama material to work with. Jobs lacking, education funding diminishing, gas prices still high... the list goes on with stuff that is unfavorable with voters that is going on during his presidency. If anti-Obamaists can't find anything else besides KENYAKENYAKENYA to get Obama outta office, then they deserve four more years of calling him "President Obama."

lexsooner
5/18/2012, 01:01 PM
Come on, folks. This is all old news. Give it a rest. Let's discuss something fresh and relevant, like Rev. Wright and how Obama won't pledge allegiance to the flag!

OULenexaman
5/18/2012, 01:07 PM
I have never called him "President Obama".....the two don't go together.

olevetonahill
5/18/2012, 01:28 PM
The PLACE of birth is a moot point

What is a factor here is His bunch will say anything to further his goals, as in need to sell more books ? Lie about where he was born to give him more Cred.

Much like Martins Pot smoking it goes to character

Mississippi Sooner
5/18/2012, 01:33 PM
I was born in Ada, but I used to tell people I was born in Ardmore because it sounded cooler.

badger
5/18/2012, 01:34 PM
Come on, folks. This is all old news. Give it a rest. Let's discuss something fresh and relevant, like Rev. Wright and how Obama won't pledge allegiance to the flag!

hAYe7MT5BxM

There is so much wtf in this... NSFW because has the n-word in it

badger
5/18/2012, 01:39 PM
Oh this is funny. Hannity and Wright deserve each other. I miss Colmes being on that show.
aNTGRL0OJWQ

TheHumanAlphabet
5/18/2012, 01:43 PM

Why hasn't this been released previously? How did you get this? I haven't seen it. BTW, you should probably send this to the AZ Sec State. He is looking for it...

lexsooner
5/18/2012, 02:34 PM
Why hasn't this been released previously? How did you get this? I haven't seen it. BTW, you should probably send this to the AZ Sec State. He is looking for it...

This was released a year ago, wasn't it? Of course some birthers immediately dismissed it as a fake.

Mazeppa
5/18/2012, 09:22 PM
It is fake, look at the type set, if it were real all the type would be the same size. This document has more than one type size. A typewriter was used to fill it out and to get different size type they would have to have used more than one typewriter.

sappstuf
5/18/2012, 09:59 PM
This. John McCain wasn't born on merikan soil yet nobody ever questioned his candidacy in 2008.

And let's face it: There is PLENTY of anti-Obama material to work with. Jobs lacking, education funding diminishing, gas prices still high... the list goes on with stuff that is unfavorable with voters that is going on during his presidency. If anti-Obamaists can't find anything else besides KENYAKENYAKENYA to get Obama outta office, then they deserve four more years of calling him "President Obama."

Yep.. No one questioned it... Except the New York Times.

In the most detailed examination yet of Senator John McCain’s eligibility to be president, a law professor at the University of Arizona has concluded that neither Mr. McCain’s birth in 1936 in the Panama Canal Zone nor the fact that his parents were American citizens is enough to satisfy the constitutional requirement that the president must be a “natural-born citizen.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/us/politics/11mccain.html

Care to try again?

Mazeppa
5/18/2012, 10:02 PM
take a closer look at the birth certificate.

http://i45.tinypic.com/dqn2d.jpg

Midtowner
5/18/2012, 10:02 PM
It is fake, look at the type set, if it were real all the type would be the same size. This document has more than one type size. A typewriter was used to fill it out and to get different size type they would have to have used more than one typewriter.

http://www.esreality.com/files/inlineimages/2010/76115-Joker_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Mazeppa
5/18/2012, 10:06 PM
May 18, 2012
Barack Obama: The Original Birther
Monte Kuligowski

We've always known that the original birthers were Democrats. Phillip Berg, a disgruntled Hillary supporter, filed the first lawsuit demanding that Obama produce his mysterious birth certificate. And now with the blockbuster news from Breitbart.com, we learn that Obama himself was the very first Obama birther.

It turns out that Obama claimed he was Kenya-born before he claimed he was Hawaii-born.

"The great thing about irony," writes David Foster Wallace, "is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies[.]"

Breitbart News obtained a 1991 promotional booklet put together by Obama's literary agency, Acton & Dystel, which lists the then-Harvard Law grad as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

The promotional booklet continues with Obama's biography:

Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago's South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White [the title was changed].

Former Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill, Ralph Nader, sports stars Joe Montana and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and 89 other clients also appear with their respective biographies in the 36-page booklet.

Breitbart News spoke with Edward Acton of Acton & Dystel, who indicated that the non-athletes were "probably" approached "to approve the text as presented." Apparently, the agency felt the need to at least get the approval of its more scholarly clients. Obama, of course, was president of the Harvard Law Review. Translation: Obama either wrote or approved his write-up.

In the publishing world, it's commonplace for authors to control their own bios. In the unlikely scenario that Obama didn't approve the text, would the agency have continued to list Obama as Kenya-born until 2007 on its website? Well, it did, and no one corrected the record until Obama's presidential aspirations became apparent.

Interestingly, Breitbart News reports its big story as a misprint with no implications beyond unexplained pragmatics:

The errant Obama biography in the Acton & Dystel booklet does not contradict the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate. Moreover, several contemporaneous accounts of Obama's background describe Obama as having been born in Hawaii.

The biography does, however, fit a pattern in which Obama--or the people representing and supporting him--manipulate his public persona.

Before condemning the Breitbart editors as spineless cowards, one should note that it's possible that they are goading the "mainstream" press to report the issue.

Thomas Lifson suggested just that.

Joel, and the senior management of Breitbart.com carefully distance themselves from claiming that Obama was born in Kenya, and that this proves anything more than that Barack Obama is willing to massage the details of his biography when he thinks it might be to his advantage. That is certainly an easier sell with the public, and it offers the possibility that this item might be commented upon by elements of the mainstream media, who would absolutely shun it if it were claimed to show Obama was born in Kenya.

And shortly after publishing the words above, the mainstream press ran the story as the "mistake" that might have "sparked" the birther issue. Yahoo! News reports that "Obama's former literary agency misidentified his birthplace as Kenya while trying to promote the then-Harvard Law grad as an author in 1991."

Miriam Goderich, a partner at Dystel & Godrich edited the text of Obama's biography:

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

If Obama didn't provide the birth information, the question then becomes: where did the information come from in 1991? How did Goderich misidentify Obama's birthplace?

The breaking news from Breitbart.com adds yet another oddity to the mountain of existing Obama oddities.

Writing for The Ticket, Dylan Stableford claims that Obama's bio in the 1991 booklet is a "possible source of the so-called "birther" issue--or at least a potential cause of the rumors that have dogged President Barack Obama[.]" But how can a breaking discovery be the source or cause of a four-year controversy?

No, it's not the source or the cause of rumors. The source or cause had to exist even in 1991 to allow for the "misidentification" of Kenya as Obama's birthplace. The naming of Kenya as Obama's birthplace in 1991 does not prove the source or cause of the rumors. The bio proves nothing more than the fact that such information was somehow available.

Only one thing is certain. It is high time to put the rumors to rest. And there is only one way to put them away: simple compliance with the legal standard for the production of documents.

It would be no great distraction or burden for Obama to produce certified paper copies of his birth certificate for interested state election officials and make the original available for on-site corroboration and authentication.

Clerks could send certified copies out in a week, and the original could be inspected by state officials shortly thereafter.

It is in both the national interest and frankly in Obama's best interest to actually produce his birth certificate.

Midtowner
5/18/2012, 10:09 PM
It is in both the national interest and frankly in Obama's best interest to actually produce his birth certificate.

Mazeppa
5/18/2012, 10:16 PM
He means a "real" one

sappstuf
5/18/2012, 10:40 PM
If Obama didn't provide the birth information, the question then becomes: where did the information come from in 1991? How did Goderich misidentify Obama's birthplace?

Interesting question.

Midtowner
5/19/2012, 06:40 AM
He means a "real" one

olevetonahill
5/19/2012, 06:49 AM

He still means a "Real" one :chuncky:

Oh and since when is "AFRICAN" a Race?

Midtowner
5/19/2012, 07:08 AM
He still means a "Real" one :chuncky:

Oh and since when is "AFRICAN" a Race?

You're right of course. Since when was "Hawaii" even part of the United States? It's not even in the United States!

olevetonahill
5/19/2012, 07:13 AM
You're right of course. Since when was "Hawaii" even part of the United States? It's not even in the United States!

See you do get it.

lexsooner
5/19/2012, 11:37 AM

You know, you are absolutely correct. The typed capital letters are considerably larger than the small case letters.

SicEmBaylor
5/19/2012, 07:09 PM
I was born in Ada, but I used to tell people I was born in Ardmore because it sounded cooler.
I was born in Largo, FL. How's that for a cool sounding place? Beat that bitches!

lexsooner
5/19/2012, 08:07 PM
I was born in Largo, FL. How's that for a cool sounding place? Beat that bitches!

I always thought Newcastle Upon Tyne in England was the coolest sounding place. No, I wasn't born there, but wouldn't it be cool if you were?

SicEmBaylor
5/19/2012, 09:32 PM
I always thought Newcastle Upon Tyne in England was the coolest sounding place. No, I wasn't born there, but wouldn't it be cool if you were?

Yes, yes it would be. My twin cousins were born in Ipswich, England but even that doesn't have the same ring.

Mazeppa
5/19/2012, 10:36 PM
More:

May 19, 2012
Why Kenyan Birth Claim Was No 'Fact Checking Error'
By Jack Cashill

No sooner did the literary agency brochure in which Barack Obama was said to be Kenyan-born surface than the media went to work to deep-six it.

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me - an agency assistant at the time," Miriam Goderich, now a named partner in the literary agency, Dystel & Goderich, wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News, which was then picked up ABC News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

This confession rings false to the point of preposterous for any number of reasons. Let us start with the obvious. At the time, 1991, the Acton & Dystel agency listed 90 clients, Obama among its least significant. How likely is it that Goderich would have remembered enough about a 1991 "error" to know it was hers, especially since it went uncorrected through several revisions until changed in 2007? To make this claim credible, there would have to be an existing paper trail leading to an Obama submission in which he lists an Hawaiian birth. I am confident that there is no such submission.

Former publisher Tom Lipscomb does not buy Goderich's explanation for a New York minute. "As someone who has run a number of top bestseller publishers, I think this is an amazing MIRACLE," writes Lipscomb emphatically on Power Line. "It is the ONLY case I have ever heard of in which an editorial assistant INVENTED a biographical detail. I have heard of typos, wrong dates, misspellings of names. But to pick a really weird country of origin like Kenya for an author?"

The Breitbart people followed up with a piece by Steve Boman, a Jane Dystel client in the mid-1990s, who noted, "All material she used in our proposals came directly from me and my writing partner." This is standard. In the eight books I have written under my own name, I have reviewed all biographical information sent out about me either by agent or publisher. Like most authors, I have let a little fluff pass, but not much.

The most interesting "tell" in the 1991 Acton & Dystel brochure relates to what was said about Obama's career in the business world. Obama, the reader learns, "worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation."

In Dreams from My Father, Obama inflated his stint at Business International even more and transformed it into a faux moment of racial awareness, one of at least a half-dozen concocted racial melodramas in the book. As Obama tells the story, a "consulting house to multinational corporations" hired him and promptly promoted him to the position of "financial writer."

Here, he felt like "a spy behind enemy lines," and a guilty one at that. "As far as I could tell," he adds, "I was the only black man in the company." He does not boast of his racial uniqueness. Rather, in full grievance mode, he considers it "a source of shame." Indeed, the whole experience troubled him:

I had my own office, my own secretary, money in the bank. Sometimes, coming out of an interview with Japanese financiers or German bond traders, I would catch my reflection in the elevator doors-see myself in a suit and tie, a briefcase in my hand-and for a split second I would imagine myself as a captain of industry, barking out orders, closing the deal, before I remembered who it was that I had told myself I wanted to be and felt pangs of guilt for my lack of resolve.

As early as July 2005, however, former co-worker and Obama fan Dan Armstrong revealed Obama's whole account to be a "serious exaggeration." Obama worked at not a multinational corporation, but a "small company that published newsletters." He was not the only black person who worked there. He did not, as claimed, have his own office, wear a jacket and tie, interview international businessmen, or write articles. He mostly just copy-edited business items and slipped them into a three-ring binder for the company's customers.

Are we supposed to believe that Goderich not only changed Obama's birthplace from Hawaii to Kenya, but also transformed him from a grunt filling three-ring binders into a "financial journalist and editor"?

When this discrepancy surfaced years later, pundits in either camp were confused as to why Obama would lie about such seemingly irrelevant details. There are two good, non-exclusive possibilities. For one, the exaggeration enables the reader to see Obama as he would like to see himself -- "a spy behind enemy lines." For another, Obama's co-author, Bill Ayers, once again took the framework of Obama's life and roughed in the details.

In Fugitive Days, Ayers' 2001 memoir, he uses the phrase "behind enemy lines" almost literally to describe his and his comrades' quiet infiltration of the opponent's position. Wife Bernardine Dohrn has said the same in public. When the Weather Underground declared its state of war with the United States in May 1970, Dohrn warned that people fighting "Amerikan imperialism" all over the world "look to Amerika's youth to use our strategic position behind enemy lines to join forces in the destruction of the empire."

The bottom line is this: Obama has been creating and shifting identities his entire adult life. If the agency brochure was a snapshot of the 1991 Obama, Dreams captured him in his 1995 pose: hip, black, progressive, wounded by racial slights but able to overcome them, just the man to lead Chicago into the 21st century, then the extent of his and Ayers's ambition for him.

"I met [Obama] sometime in the mid-1990s[,]" Bill Ayers would tell Salon, likely pushing the actual date back several years. "And everyone who knew him thought that he was politically ambitious. For the first two years, I thought, his ambition is so huge that he wants to be mayor of Chicago."

Friend Cassandra Butts traced that ambition back at least to Harvard. "He wanted to be mayor of Chicago and that was all he ever talked about as far as holding office," she would tell early Obama biographer David Mendell.

No one would have challenged Obama's biography had he not gone beyond Chicago, but he did. And so where he was born matters, and whether he even wrote his own biography matters, too. As much as I know about Obama, I don't know or pretend to know the answer -- at least to the first of those two questions.

Mazeppa
5/19/2012, 10:44 PM
May 19, 2012
Obama Was Born in Hawaii Before He Was Born in Kenya
Daren Jonescu

Thomas Lifson has already made the definitive statement (here) as to the absurdity of the claim that a literary agent's brochure listed Barack Obama's birthplace as Kenya -- for sixteen years -- due to a "fact checking error" by bio editor Miriam Goderich. And it has been widely noted by those with far more experience in the publishing industry than I that such an author's biography would never be written without the involvement of the author or his official representative at some stage of the process.

Yet there is another peculiarity about this mysterious Kenyan birth "mistake" that seems worthy of notice. The brochure in question first appeared in 1991. At this time, Obama was merely a prospective author. He had not yet written a book, and, as is well known, he had never published any academic work or articles of note.

His only real claim to significance, at that time, was his being the president of the Harvard Law Review. And this accomplishment, in fact, forms the lead sentence of the infamous bio:

Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.

This bio was written just one year after Obama was elected to the Harvard position. Upon his election, both the New York Times and the LA Times ran articles announcing this first of Obama's now endless series of "historic" achievements.

In the NYT article, published February 6, 1990, after a brief account of his parentage, we read this simple sentence: "Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii."

In the LA Times article, published March 19, 1990, we read this: "Born in Hawaii, where his parents met in college, Obama was named Barack (blessed in Arabic) after his father."

The two highest-circulation metropolitan newspapers in the U.S. explicitly claimed that Obama was born in Hawaii, a year before the Acton & Dystel bio was written. And those two earlier articles, like the literary agency's bio, were focused on Obama's position at Harvard Law Review. Where did the NYT and LA Times reporters (Fox Butterfield and Tammerlin Drummond, respectively) get their information about Obama's birthplace? Presumably, it was either from Obama himself, or from Harvard records. The former seems far more likely, given the parental details included in both articles.

So it seems that Obama was clearly representing himself as born in the U.S.A. in 1990, one year before the Acton and Dystel bio.

What are we to make of this, given the fact that a year later, and likely working with the same potential sources of information, Miriam Goderich (or someone else) wrote that Obama was born in Kenya? And that this "fact checking error" was left unaltered during the entire time Obama was represented by the Dystel agency, a relationship which ended only in 2004, when, according to the New York Times, Obama switched to Robert B. Barnett?

Did Goderich jot down this bio casually while reading the LA Times article upside down after drinking heavily? Or was she merely confused about her "facts" after listening to an overgrown student radical named Barack Something-or-other drone on with historic pomposity for an hour about his family history? (More believable, to be sure.)

In either case, can you imagine being represented by a literary agent for thirteen years, from a time before you were first published to the time you became a best-selling author, and never once bothering to read the bio with which the agency is representing you to publishers?

For that matter, can you imagine Michelle Obama, clearly a hands-on participant in her husband's literary career, never having bothered to read it?

This bio in no way proves that Obama was born in Kenya, particularly in light of the two newspaper articles from a year earlier which describe him as having been born in Hawaii. What it does suggest, as others have observed, is that this man and his promoters have a long history of playing cat-and-mouse games with Truth. And not just regarding nebulous little matters like job creation or how we are to understand clause 7b on page 2,328 of some piece of legislation, but rather with regard to basic facts about who he is.

To be a flip-flopper on gay marriage or single-payer healthcare is politics as usual in the modern age. To be a flip-flopper on your basic identity or your past associations, on the other hand -- this is something new in presidential politics. Something historic, in fact.

Barack Obama is vying to go down as the most visible, well-traveled and destructive "man who wasn't there" of all time. And the conclusion of Hughes Mearns famous rhyme sums it up best for the rest of us:

Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

diverdog
5/21/2012, 06:08 AM

Cheyenne Wyoming

lexsooner
5/21/2012, 12:37 PM
I think any Oklahoma city or town with a Native American name is pretty cool, at least to folks not from Oklahoma. Marrakesh, Morocco, Kinshasa, Zaire, are cool too. Not so cool: Scranton, Pennsylvania; Angola, Louisiana; Chowchilla, California.

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/21/2012, 01:15 PM
Personally, I'm a fan of Tata.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata,_Hungary

Curly Bill
5/21/2012, 01:38 PM
Djibouti = cool

Mississippi Sooner
5/21/2012, 01:46 PM
I'm proud to say I'm not from Big Bone, Kentucky or Blue Ball, Pennsylvania.

diverdog
5/21/2012, 04:32 PM
I'm proud to say I'm not from Big Bone, Kentucky or Blue Ball, Pennsylvania.

There is also an Intercourse PA.

pphilfran
5/21/2012, 04:37 PM
I am either from Lotawata, Ok or Toadsuck, Ark...

lexsooner
5/22/2012, 07:45 AM
Even worse: Big Bone Lick, Kentucky; Sugar Tit, SC; F***ing, Austria; Rabbit Hash, Kentucky; Beaverlick, Kentucky. Of course, there are lots of towns named Beaver, including Beaver, OK. Years ago on the tonight show, they had the mayor of Beaver, OK, on the show to discuss the cow chip tossing tournament. When he said he was from Beaver, the audience erupted in laughter.

Mississippi Sooner
5/22/2012, 08:03 AM
Even worse: Big Bone Lick, Kentucky; Sugar Tit, SC; F***ing, Austria; Rabbit Hash, Kentucky; Beaverlick, Kentucky. Of course, there are lots of towns named Beaver, including Beaver, OK. Years ago on the tonight show, they had the mayor of Beaver, OK, on the show to discuss the cow chip tossing tournament. When he said he was from Beaver, the audience erupted in laughter.

I'm pretty sure Beaver isn't far from Hooker. Coincidence?

soonercruiser
5/22/2012, 09:55 PM
Djibouti = cool

Whose booty is cool?
:welcoming: