PDA

View Full Version : Time to Move On...

C&CDean
5/17/2012, 12:54 PM
Well kids, it's finally that time. After about 13 years, we are officially shutting down the Soonerfans.com tailgate parties.

Why? Cause we want to. Momma and I have purchased a lake property at Texoma we plan on spending more time at, and we have decided we would like to do the normal thing - show up on Saturday, hang out and see the game, and then go home - instead of starting on Tuesday and ending on Sunday night. We'd like to attend more away games (away games gave us a weekend off), and there's also some potential liability issues that were additional straws on the camel's back. And frankly, the dang things have gotten so big they've taken on a life of their own.

It's a bittersweet pill though. We've met so many great people over the years (and a few dumb asses too), and it was a really cool thing to know so many of the posters personally. This alone made/makes this site unique, and it was always fun to watch new people nervously come up to their first SF.com tailgate and then figure out it was kinda silly to be nervous about it. I've heard that comment many, many times. Friendly, open folks who like to share was the norm. In case you don't know, about 90% of posters are nothing like their internet persona in real life.

Anyhow, I could go on and on about the great times we've had over the years. I remember our first one at the Sarkey's Center. My Sooner Harley with one ice chest, a Dick Butkus newspaper grill, and a card table and 4 folding chairs. From there to the Huston-Huffman area, then on to the house on Jenkins, and finally our uber-sweet spot at the Casa Blanca building. If anyone feels all nostalgic, feel free to post your favorite tailgate moments.

I will leave out a lot of folks here I'm sure, but I'd still like to try and thank those that contributed to make these parties what they were. Here goes:

Tailgate sponsors: Doug, Bryan and Shannon, Jim Tessio, Jim Aux, and a whole bunch more who've sponsored over the years deserve serious kudos.
Phil and Leslie for obvious reasons.
Oklahomey and Delane for their tireless fund raising efforts and contributions.
Jim Aux for the allsome Sooner wood carvings and financial support.
Phil and Peggy for tables, whole hogs, elk and antelope meat, advice, and other things.
BFS and Angela for the consistent help with every tailgate set up, and the cheap entertainment. Heh.
Doleo for the set up help and cheap entertainment.
Olevet for the OVJ. Nectar of the gods I tell you...
Boarder for the cooking help and financial support.
SSC, ST and Trina, and countless others for the help tearing down.

I'm gonna quit there. I just realized I can't possibly name all the folks who helped make these things what they were. Thanks to everyone.

Hope to run into some of you at future games, and we will be doing an away-game shindig or two this year. Thanks again y'all.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2012, 02:05 PM
My first was the OSU game a few years back..The only poster I had talked with was SAS, so he met me at the intersection to show me the way.

I was hooked from the first tailgate as was my wife..The posters that turned into friends...Maybe this sounds stupid, but some of them even turned into family.

Getting to explain my username to PG's and GHPs dad...Getting into disputes over the porto-toilet..The great food..Watching the closing moments of Texas Tech and Texas a few years back. Late dinner at Othellos that vaguely remember.

Dean and Lisa,

Thank you..Thank you for your time and efforts and all of the hard work you put into this. A lot of people chipped in, but you guys facillitated the beginnings of a lot of good friendships for us. You guys became family to me quickly and treated me the same. My son still talks about wanting to go to the farm and "Daddy, is Dean really my uncle?"...Things that will never be forgotten.

With all of that being said, I hope to PIITB with you again.

C&CDean
5/17/2012, 03:09 PM
I heart you too Nolen.

oumartin
5/17/2012, 03:42 PM
RIP SF.

C&CDean
5/17/2012, 03:51 PM
No, RIP marty. Seeya, wouldn't wanna be ya.

SicEmBaylor
5/17/2012, 03:53 PM
This is too bad, but I can certainly understand your reasoning. I had a great time at the tailgates I was able to attend and thank everyone for making me feel welcome. Enjoy the games with a lot less stress Dean!

rock on sooner
5/17/2012, 03:55 PM
Know what? I never got to attend a TG party but I have enjoyed immensely
reading about the experiences that y'all had. I've met a few of the traveling
Sooner fans when OU would come to Ames and, have to say this, a more jovial,
friendly group I've never met. Such great ambassadors for the team and the
state....everyone sharing one thing...love of and for the Sooners.

Years ago, living in Colorado, much the same experience when the team came
to Boulder.

Hell, arguing politics with a bunch of right of center...sometimes incredibly
far right...Sooner fans is a fun thing, too!

Enjoy your Texoma property! Hope one of your away games is Ames, IA.
Love to meet up with you!

C&CDean
5/17/2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks Frosty. It's gonna be weird not heading up to Norman on Saturdays at 6am for a 7pm game.

C&CDean
5/17/2012, 03:56 PM
Know what? I never got to attend a TG party but I have enjoyed immensely
reading about the experiences that y'all had. I've met a few of the traveling
Sooner fans when OU would come to Ames and, have to say this, a more jovial,
friendly group I've never met. Such great ambassadors for the team and the
state....everyone sharing one thing...love of and for the Sooners.

Years ago, living in Colorado, much the same experience when the team came
to Boulder.

Hell, arguing politics with a bunch of right of center...sometimes incredibly
far right...Sooner fans is a fun thing, too!

Enjoy your Texoma property! Hope one of your away games is Ames, IA.
Love to meet up with you!

I'll have to find the pics from the last tailgate we did up in Ames. Momma has family all over up there so we'll probably do that one again next year.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2012, 04:09 PM
Where's your place at Texoma? PEEM me if you want.

Thanks for all you did for those, it was good fun the times we came. The Mrs. will be disappointed that we can't stop by before the ND game. We'll drink 9 red bull and vodkas in your honor...each. ;)

C&CDean
5/17/2012, 04:30 PM
Where's your place at Texoma? PEEM me if you want.

Thanks for all you did for those, it was good fun the times we came. The Mrs. will be disappointed that we can't stop by before the ND game. We'll drink 9 red bull and vodkas in your honor...each. ;)

Well if you'd keep your wienie in your pants she wouldn't keep getting knocked up. Hope you kids have that figured out now. Heh.

We're at Newberry Creek. Trailer trash. And we love it.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2012, 04:41 PM
I know exactly where that's at. We had our wedding reception at the Oakwood Lodge and Cabins in Mead right before you cross the lake on the right. We love lake Texoma.

oumartin
5/17/2012, 05:09 PM
No, RIP marty. Seeya, wouldn't wanna be ya.

you are such a sensitive little man.

Thanks for the infraction. :giggle:

C&CDean
5/17/2012, 05:42 PM
My bad marty. The most I could give you was 100 and I tried to give you 5000. Cause that's how big a dick you are. Or were.

yermom
5/17/2012, 05:45 PM
ok, so who's tailgate am i gonna crash now?

C&CDean
5/17/2012, 05:49 PM
Rus'?

yermom
5/17/2012, 06:36 PM
*whose

rock on sooner
5/17/2012, 08:22 PM
I'll have to find the pics from the last tailgate we did up in Ames. Momma has family all over up there so we'll probably do that one again next year.

Look forward to it. My son is an ISU alum and wife and I are all things
'Clones EXCEPT when it comes to the Sooners! (Well, at least for me).
Last time she wore ISU and I wore Sooners...got some funny looks from
the Sooner faithful...I got tickets right next to where they had Sooner fans..
southwest corner of the end zone...but when I explained, it was all okay.
Met a lady from Ada...we had the same prof in college...small world.

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks to czar & vk for a ride to our car after one of those.

jk the sooner fan
5/17/2012, 09:30 PM
Well if you'd keep your wienie in your pants she wouldn't keep getting knocked up. Hope you kids have that figured out now. Heh.

our place is at soldier creek - so please keep to your side of the lake

Whet
5/17/2012, 10:20 PM

The game at Iowa State is this year. We "camp" at VetMed.

Blue
5/17/2012, 10:46 PM
Thank you Dean for the tailgates. Went one time and brought a few old fraternity NM straglers with me. I was nothing but welcomed.

You are high class (In person of course) and again thank you for your work all these years. You deserve the break. Maybe somebody else will take up the mantle.

proud gonzo
5/18/2012, 09:29 AM
One of my favorite tailgate memories was the Tech game a few years ago. I hadn't planned on going in, but Doleo got tickets from somebody. I remember drinking Crown with Doleo and Dean on our walk to the stadium, freezing my *** off, and not giving a crap because the game was AWESOME.

I'll be sad to see the tailgates go, but I'm glad that we had them for so many years. Dean and Lisa (and everyone else who tirelessly helped and sponsored), thank you.

Fraggle145
5/18/2012, 09:47 AM

The Wa****a arm is for pussies.

Edit: Heh at Wash ita.

colleyvillesooner
5/18/2012, 11:14 AM
The Wa****a arm is for pussies.

Edit: Heh at Wash ita.

Yeah!

I go right past that bio station sign every time we head to the lake. I bet you do all your shopping at that awesome "gas"station on fobb bottom road

Fraggle145
5/18/2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah!

I go right past that bio station sign every time we head to the lake. I bet you do all your shopping at that awesome "gas"station on fobb bottom road

Well I used to, I'm not down there much anymore. Or over at Sherwood shores.

picasso
5/18/2012, 11:26 PM
Man, this makes me sad that we weren't able to attend any these last few seasons, but that's what happens when you start shootin' out chillens.
Thanks all for the wonderful times. And the Dean clan for the sweet setup.

Norm In Norman
5/19/2012, 05:38 PM
Dean & Lisa, we'uns want to thank you'uns for the tailgates. While I am going to miss them terribly, I can totally understand why you guys are giving it up. In fact, they (and we) are such pain in the asses, I don't know how you've kept it up for so long (that's what she said). I feel a bit like when old yellar died.

Cool stuff that happened (I've forgotten a lot) - Dean's motorcycle, rummelon with SoonerWill by the huff and puff, battle royal VS 04, beer, jkm actually showing up to one, waving at the team when they went by in the bus when the tailgate was in the yard, bri's guinness-cicles, upside down horn in the potty, OldSooner taking that damn picture of me with my head shaved when it 107 degrees, beer, meeting up at Colorado Springs, breakfast tailgates (omelettes!), Rock the Fock sign/t-shirts, Fat Tires with FaninAma, bumping shoulders with Walt every single game, jess pulling names for prizes I would never win, doleo drinking olevet juice and not being able to uncross his eyes, beer, 5 or 6 of us drinking doleo's beer when he stepped away for about 2 minutes, ABTs, Pic & Mrs Pic showing up before shootin' out chillens, beer, Crabtree pulling that pass out of the air and tiptoeing into the end zone, DG4, crack brownies, beer, and the chili tailgates with NUCLEAR CHILI OH DEAR GOD WHAT AM GOING TO DO WITHOUT YOU?!?!?!

Thanks for the memories.

olevetonahill
5/19/2012, 06:08 PM
There are so many that I never got to meet. Some of those I did, I done forgot , Dayum Booze

Okla-homey
5/20/2012, 06:34 AM
Halliburton can now expand onto our old spot. Those a-holes will be happy.

yermom
5/20/2012, 12:10 PM
so they have any security at these Halliburton tailgates?

Sooner24
5/20/2012, 10:38 PM
Even though I only made a couple of cameos after the move north of Boyd I'm still sad to hear the news. The first one I attended was in 1999 and there were about 20 people there. The move across the street was a sweet spot. Always enjoyed it when the team buses would go by with everyone stopping to watch. Also have great memories of the first Soonerfan tailgate road trip to the Air Force game. Hard to believe that has almost been 11 years ago. I always think about talking to Dean at the tailgate about how he was leaving from Colorado Springs to go elk hunting and ended up not knowing about 9/11 until several days after it happened. I just want to thank Dean and Mrs Dean for a lot of great times. Hope to see you at some future Sooner sporting event.

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2012, 12:09 AM

Yes, they're called "Blackwater."

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/23/2012, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the memories~!

Howzit
5/24/2012, 05:10 PM
I remember BSG opening a beer bottle with her teeth and spitting the cap in Doleo's face.

I **** you not.

Collier11
5/25/2012, 09:27 PM
I never spent a whole day at the SFs tailgates because myself and my friends have our own and I didnt want to be mooching off of the SFs tailgate when I had my own stuff. That being said, I hung out there a lot both pre and post game. I met a lot of people on this board and became friends with many of them thru tailgates like Stoop, Step, BTK, VET, Dean, etc... good good people, its funny how my first two years on the board I thought Vet and Dean were big A-holes and then I met them and found out they in fact ARE big A-Holes but then I really got to know them a little (Vet better than Dean) and found out they are both big softies. Even though it wasnt my Saturday home, it was fun. I hope people who spent their saturdays there and ate the food and drank the booze can really appreciate what was done for them

Chuck Bao
5/25/2012, 10:43 PM
I'm also sorry that this great tradition is ending.

Many thanks to Dean and his wife for being such incredible hosts and for all their work they did prior to and after hosting the tailgates. Yeah, I know that I should have helped out more.

I only joined a few tailgates over the last couple of years and will always cherish the time I got to spend with some exceptionally fine folks. I'm particularly close with Olevet and StoopTroup, two good friends that I met on this board and was fortunate enough to meet in person for the first time at one of Dean's tailgates. At the last tailgate, I had the privilege of talking with AlbqSooner. I had appreciated the guy for his wit and wisdom on this board and now miss him a lot.

Oh Dean, whenever you visiting your new Lake Texoma lot, let me know. You and your wife are always invited to one of my family's BBQs. If you suddenly get an itching to drive a tractor, we have that too.

Collier11
5/25/2012, 11:15 PM
dont worry about that itching that Dean has

btk108
6/11/2012, 09:26 AM
Thank you Dean and Lisa, you made the home games legendary.

soonerbrat
6/13/2012, 03:58 PM

nope. you have to sign in, but just put that you work at chesapeake.

soonerbrat
6/13/2012, 03:59 PM
I remember BSG opening a beer bottle with her teeth and spitting the cap in Doleo's face.

I **** you not.

yes. O.M.G.
that made me wanna cry

Thanks Dean & Lisa for all the hard work. I'm rilly rilly sad :(

yermom
6/13/2012, 05:07 PM
nope. you have to sign in, but just put that you work at chesapeake.

woohoo!

Dean, you've been replaced ;)

C&CDean
6/13/2012, 05:18 PM
woohoo!

Dean, you've been replaced ;)

Thank. You. Jesus. Lord. Almighty.

olevetonahill
6/13/2012, 05:30 PM
Thank. You. Jesus. Lord. Almighty.

After you an I kinda jumped their **** over the way they treated Lisa Dont think either of us would be welcome there :sneakiness:

C&CDean
6/13/2012, 05:47 PM
Prolly not. eff em. in the A.

olevetonahill
6/13/2012, 05:55 PM
Prolly not. eff em. in the A.

Agreed.

sooneron
6/27/2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks, Dean and Mrs Dean!

the_ouskull
8/3/2012, 11:56 AM
I can't believe that I'm just now seeing this thread.

Actually, I can.

I've had a lot (a LOT) of family issues lately. I haven't been on the ol' board much either. Sad to come back to this news. Hopefully, by the time the games roll around, enough people will have gotten nostalgic enough that we can all at least decide on a "spot" to try to meet up and say "hey." I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Dean, et al.. thank you, greatly, for the great times over the years. We didn't deserve them, but you kept proving us wrong.

Everybody else... See? I TOLD you I was an *sshole in real life, too! See you all around.

the_ouskull

DCSooner
8/16/2012, 08:37 PM
Holy ****ing **** I just heard about this. I seriously don't think that Dean and Lisa could put up with us another year. I have had so many great, great times I won't begin to name them. I have no idea how many blowjobs I got in the old RV. Right SBSB? Right SSA? Right Bri? Right Dean? when we moved back last year I was so excited. But I couldn't believe all of the doosh bags that started to show up. Maybe we should have charged? And then Okla-homey started shutting them down at the 3rd quarter. That really sucked more than that time Howzit made me stick it in Stanley. Anyways this website is dead now. Dean is the ultimate reason this thing stayed alive. It wasn't Phil. He is the biggest dick I have ever met in my life. How was that free Soonerfans water?

jk the sooner fan
8/16/2012, 09:23 PM
well alrighty then

dolemitesooner
8/16/2012, 10:48 PM
Its true. He is a dick!

dolemitesooner
8/16/2012, 10:53 PM
Dean & Lisa, we'uns want to thank you'uns for the tailgates. While I am going to miss them terribly, I can totally understand why you guys are giving it up. In fact, they (and we) are such pain in the asses, I don't know how you've kept it up for so long (that's what she said). I feel a bit like when old yellar died.

Cool stuff that happened (I've forgotten a lot) - Dean's motorcycle, rummelon with SoonerWill by the huff and puff, battle royal VS 04, beer, jkm actually showing up to one, waving at the team when they went by in the bus when the tailgate was in the yard, bri's guinness-cicles, upside down horn in the potty, OldSooner taking that damn picture of me with my head shaved when it 107 degrees, beer, meeting up at Colorado Springs, breakfast tailgates (omelettes!), Rock the Fock sign/t-shirts, Fat Tires with FaninAma, bumping shoulders with Walt every single game, jess pulling names for prizes I would never win, doleo drinking olevet juice and not being able to uncross his eyes, beer, 5 or 6 of us drinking doleo's beer when he stepped away for about 2 minutes, ABTs, Pic & Mrs Pic showing up before shootin' out chillens, beer, Crabtree pulling that pass out of the air and tiptoeing into the end zone, DG4, crack brownies, beer, and the chili tailgates with NUCLEAR CHILI OH DEAR GOD WHAT AM GOING TO DO WITHOUT YOU?!?!?!

Thanks for the memories.

Norm I agree with everything you said.
I had a good time everytime
Lot of memories

C&CDean
8/17/2012, 08:26 AM
well alrighty then

Alrighty what?

yermom
8/17/2012, 08:30 AM
Norm I agree with everything you said.
I had a good time everytime
Lost memories from OVJ

fixed.

olevetonahill
8/17/2012, 08:37 AM
fixed.

:welcoming:
One of my favs. from Doleo was "That **** is SPIKED with something":confused:

jk the sooner fan
8/17/2012, 08:39 AM
Alrighty what?

then........

alrighty then

C&CDean
8/17/2012, 09:50 AM
Doleo pounded about a 28-pack of Pacifico first, then starts in on the OVJ and has a couple snorts, takes off and ends up walking all the way home, misses the game, and is sick for 2 days. And he blames the OVJ.

C&CDean
8/17/2012, 09:51 AM
then........

alrighty then

Meh.

olevetonahill
8/17/2012, 09:58 AM
Doleo pounded about a 28-pack of Pacifico first, then starts in on the OVJ and has a couple snorts, takes off and ends up walking all the way home, misses the game, and is sick for 2 days. And he blames the OVJ.
I loved it tho when he said it was SPIKED with something :chuncky:

dolemitesooner
8/17/2012, 10:05 AM

BS. I had like 6 Pacificos and like 6 shots of that OVJ noise.

I never puked, and I was not sick after waking up after the game. I puke when I drink too much.

I am not fabricating anything. I was halucinating on my 5 mile walk home. I remember seeing monsters in the middle of the road. I was tripping. Never experancied anything like it in my life. I was also blacking out in moments. I remember Picasso saying something about my eyes looking funny and then I remember walking off of Alameda and 12th ave. I am lucky I did not stumble in front of a moving car, or picked up by the cops.

dolemitesooner
8/17/2012, 10:06 AM
then........

alrighty then

Child - Why?
Parent - because ....
Child- Why?

StoopTroup
8/17/2012, 10:10 AM
Dude, that's just the ''E" they put in your Juice. It happens all the time. You're the only one that complained. :D;)

olevetonahill
8/17/2012, 10:11 AM
Dude, that's just the ''E" they put in your Juice. It happens all the time. You're the only one that complained. :D;)
Heh, You still got that Pic of you and that 5 gal jug of the stuff?

dolemitesooner
8/17/2012, 10:12 AM
Professional drunks and current or former drug users did not complain, but when put such poison into a virgin temple as mine is not a good thing to do.

olevetonahill
8/17/2012, 10:14 AM
Professional drunks and current or former drug users did not complain, but when put such poison into a virgin temple as mine is not a good thing to do.
I dont care who ya are thats funny

C&CDean
8/17/2012, 10:39 AM
Doleo did NOT just say virgin temple did he?

C&CDean
8/17/2012, 10:47 AM
BS. I had like 6 Pacificos and like 6 shots of that OVJ noise.

I never puked, and I was not sick after waking up after the game. I puke when I drink too much.

I am not fabricating anything. I was halucinating on my 5 mile walk home. I remember seeing monsters in the middle of the road. I was tripping. Never experancied anything like it in my life. I was also blacking out in moments. I remember Picasso saying something about my eyes looking funny and then I remember walking off of Alameda and 12th ave. I am lucky I did not stumble in front of a moving car, or picked up by the cops.

Your math sucks. Momma bought 2 cases of Pacifico that day, and when you left, there was less than a 6-pack left. Hell, you knocked out a 12-pack before anyone even showed up. The last I saw of you your face was a shade of putrid green and one eye was pointing North and the other South by Southeast. You were mumbling "it's that damn vj or something..."

olevetonahill
8/17/2012, 10:54 AM
Doleo did NOT just say virgin temple did he?

I'm still laughing :chuncky:

dolemitesooner
8/17/2012, 11:09 AM
Doleo did NOT just say virgin temple did he?TEMPLE!

Like I said I can drink pacifico and never have issues and I will toss cookies if I have too many.

That batch of OVJ destroyed my soul

jk the sooner fan
8/17/2012, 12:04 PM
Meh.

i guess you're looking for an argument - the argument clinic is down the hall

DC posted a rather "out there" post....i'm sure it was in jest but it was still a bit over the top - i simply said "alrighty then" as in...i dont know what else more you need from that - it kind of speaks for itself......but you had to pick my response out of the line up - rather than his

i guess that's YOUR MO.....meh indeed

dolemitesooner
8/17/2012, 12:15 PM
i guess you're looking for an argument - the argument clinic is down the hall

DC posted a rather "out there" post....i'm sure it was in jest but it was still a bit over the top - i simply said "alrighty then" as in...i dont know what else more you need from that - it kind of speaks for itself......but you had to pick my response out of the line up - rather than his

i guess that's YOUR MO.....meh indeed

I believe he responded "meh" Meaning ..."I am not going to waste my time futher with the likes of Jk"

Now Jk you appear to be looking for an argument.

I will argue with you. What you would like to argue about?

jk the sooner fan
8/17/2012, 12:17 PM
I believe he responded "meh" Meaning ..."I am not going to waste my time futher with the likes of Jk"

Now Jk you appear to be looking for an argument.

I will argue with you. What you would like to argue about?

was "alrighty then" really THAT confusing? did it really warrant a response?

knock yourself out there jason - have all the fun you wish

dolemitesooner
8/17/2012, 12:47 PM
If alrighty then did not warrent a reponse then why did you put in your 2 cents. You were obviously looking for a reponse from someone or why would you post for everyone else to see. So he asked.

Why are you upset with his asking. Why are you a tit baby? Why not just say this to Dean

"DC posted a rather "out there" post....i'm sure it was in jest but it was still a bit over the top - i simply said "alrighty then" as in...i dont know what else more you need from that - it kind of speaks for itself....."

Why is it him thats always looking for an argument?

Maybe he was but myabe it because you give a reaction.....ie these posts, and thats why he says these things. Dean is a dick. You are a tit baby.

There are bullys and babys in life. you jk....your a baby

dolemitesooner
8/17/2012, 12:48 PM
That was fun.....Who else can I make fun of to make myself feal like a bigger person....

Step right up.....LMAO

setem
8/17/2012, 01:47 PM
Just so you know...those who couldn't handle their booze and made it hard on our hosts can suck it big time! Way to ruin a good thing for the rest of us!!!

dolemitesooner
8/17/2012, 01:53 PM
Sorry Setem....:apologetic:

setem
8/17/2012, 02:08 PM
YEAH YOU ARE! NOW APOLOGIZE!!! :chuncky:

StoopTroup
8/17/2012, 02:28 PM
I remember the days before I found the Lost Arc. After that I never worried about my Temple.

http://reverseshot.com/files/images/issue31/indiana%20jones%20temple%20of%20doom.jpg

C&CDean
8/17/2012, 02:51 PM
For the record, staggering drunks weren't the problem. Rarely did we have folks who couldn't handle their booze. I could count on one hand the number of times I thought someone went too far over the past decade + of tailgates.

Too big, too much time consumed to prepare/clean-up, too much to watch/take care of, etc. is why we decided to quit em'. And I already miss em'...

achiro
8/17/2012, 03:25 PM
For the record, staggering drunks weren't the problem. Rarely did we have folks who couldn't handle their booze. I could count on one hand the number of times I thought someone went too far over the past decade + of tailgates.

Too big, too much time consumed to prepare/clean-up, too much to watch/take care of, etc. is why we decided to quit em'. And I already miss em'...
Meh, your "retired" now, it's not like you have anything else to do.

C&CDean
8/17/2012, 03:33 PM
Heh. If I'd have known how hard I was going to work, I never would have retired.

soonerboy_odanorth
8/17/2012, 05:20 PM
For the record, staggering drunks weren't the problem. Rarely did we have folks who couldn't handle their booze. ...

Heh... minus a relation or two! :)

There was this game down in Dallas once... buddy Kelly and I may have had a couple. :D

DCSooner
8/17/2012, 10:34 PM
What's a guy gotta do to get baned around here?

Blue
8/17/2012, 10:42 PM
What's a guy gotta do to get baned around here?

What would you like to get banned for?

OU4LIFE
8/23/2012, 03:47 PM
In case you don't know, about 90% of posters are nothing like their internet persona in real life.

Pffft, crazytalk.

You're the man Dean. Will miss you this year, I hope I run into you.

proud gonzo
8/27/2012, 10:28 AM
Too bad nobody else wants to step up and run the tailgates.

soonercruiser
9/2/2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the time you folks let me share and park the SOONERCRUISER out front.

soonersweetie
9/3/2012, 08:18 AM
Too bad nobody else wants to step up and run the tailgates.

Agree. What is everyone else doing for their ”tailgating” fix on Saturdays now?

proud gonzo
9/3/2012, 04:07 PM
After two years without cable, I finally had to hook the TV back up. It's that or I'll find a bar for gameday.