PDA

View Full Version : RPI Move

rysooner
5/16/2012, 11:25 AM
Up 4 spots in the RPI dispite losing to TCU last night. Not sure I've ever seen that.

setem
5/17/2012, 10:23 AM
OUr guys play in one of the toughest baseball conferences. While that record hurts us, they have played really well. Getting hot this time of year is a good deal. I know we lost to TCU but that is a quality program and if we make a move in the tournament I would assume we will not only make the tournament but have some much needed momentum.

Things would be really damn good if we win the Big XII tourney...hosting opening round would definitely be a possibility.

perryj
5/21/2012, 10:40 AM
There's not a snowballs chance in hell of OU hosting a regional no matter what happens this week in OKC.

Boomer.....
5/21/2012, 11:50 AM
I just home we can get our **** together and beat aggy.

TumbleweedDoom
5/21/2012, 04:38 PM
I don't know if it's a matter of us getting our **** together -- they're going to have the best pitcher in the Big 12 on the mound against what is our No.2 or No.3 starter, depending on how you look at it. They're going to be well favored to win this game. It's really more of a matter of can we steal this one from aggy?

perryj
5/22/2012, 09:37 AM
Maybe the 25-35 mph southerly winds will make this a slugfest and the two straight weeks of "short" rest will catch up with Heaney. They are a team without a lot of power, only 4 HRs in conference play and have more pressure on them to win the entire tournament. Throw in the mental part where they know they have never beaten OU in the Big 12 tournament and a couple of wind aided early bombs could do wonders for our chances to move to the winner's bracket.

Sooner11JK
5/22/2012, 10:39 AM
Maybe the 25-35 mph southerly winds will make this a slugfest and the two straight weeks of "short" rest will catch up with Heaney. They are a team without a lot of power, only 4 HRs in conference play and have more pressure on them to win the entire tournament. Throw in the mental part where they know they have never beaten OU in the Big 12 tournament and a couple of wind aided early bombs could do wonders for our chances to move to the winner's bracket.

+1

C&CDean
5/22/2012, 03:59 PM
Anybody else playing hookey and going to the game tomorrow morning?

Boomer.....
5/23/2012, 07:32 AM
I wish. I'll be watching it on the computer at work.

setem
5/23/2012, 09:58 AM
I would have to drive from Kansas to play hooky!

We have it on in the office and we are hoping we pull this out!