PDA

View Full Version : Dunce Sarah Palin Bombs on Jeopardy Just Like Chris Matthews Said She Would

LiveLaughLove
5/15/2012, 10:29 PM
http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/05/15/having-repeatedly-mocked-palin-what-shed-do-jeopardy-matthews-comes-l

Woopsy! I wonder how he eats his just desserts?

hawaii 5-0
5/15/2012, 10:36 PM
So how did Sarah Palin do?

5-0

soonercruiser
5/15/2012, 10:57 PM
Nice try 5-O! But, it ain't workin'!

Matthews "BOMBED" out!
I've heard a few clips of the questions & answers.

Chris Mathews is "the" imbecile!

LiveLaughLove
5/15/2012, 11:10 PM
Sarah is doing great. She just endorsed the third place Senate candidate in Nebraska and now that person is in the lead there.

The only thing that changed was her endorsement.

Now back to the topic, Matthews bombed. He finished in last place. He should keep his mouth closed if he can't back up his smack talk.

He also told a black preacher that he needed to "evolve". Don't hear the PC freaks calling him a racist like they would someone on the right. I don't think he is a racist btw. I think he's an idiot. Nothing more.

hawaii 5-0
5/16/2012, 01:54 AM
A lot of people competing on Jeopardy end up with zero dollars. You can lose it all on one question.

Until Sarah Palin goes on the show and competes, the jury is still out on her bombing.

Unless your math skills are the same as Sarah Palin's, $2,300 is a lot more than zero.

This whole thread is weak and just plain stupid. I'm sorry I wasted my efforts responding.

5-0

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/16/2012, 04:22 AM
They're both imbeciles, but Chris Matthews being an idiot doesn't make Sarah Palin any smarter, unfortunately.

TitoMorelli
5/16/2012, 08:36 AM
A lot of people competing on Jeopardy end up with zero dollars. You can lose it all on one question.

Until Sarah Palin goes on the show and competes, the jury is still out on her bombing.

Unless your math skills are the same as Sarah Palin's, $2,300 is a lot more than zero.

This whole thread is weak and just plain stupid. I'm sorry I wasted my efforts responding.

5-0

Except that they make the questions much easier when they have their "celebrity" versions, especially since all money goes to charity.

And the point isn't about whether Palin would bomb or not. It's that Matthews, who persists in questioning the intelligence of those with whom he disagrees, looks even more like an idiot.

Curly Bill
5/16/2012, 08:40 AM
If Matthews was on fire and I had an extinguisher I'd save it for a real emergency. He's a tool.

KantoSooner
5/16/2012, 08:56 AM
I think I saw that episode of Jeopardy. I was out on my deck, looking for Russia. Or Mexico. One of them states.

badger
5/16/2012, 09:02 AM
After having two months at home to watch baby badger and Jeopardy, I can honestly say that MANY would bomb on that show for a wide variety of reasons, even if they are smarter than the average bear:

1- You have to buzz in to answer. This is what got Ken Jennings and the other guy when our future computer overlord Watson beat the humans. You can know every answer, but if someone is faster in buzzing in, you're going to get beat.

2- Lights, cameras, action. A quiz show in front of an audience being nationally televised is a lot different than reading the questions/answers after the fact and saying "Well shoot, Istanbul doesn't have six letters in it!"

3- The category choices could make anyone look dumb. If the categories were "Oklahoma football," "Trail of Tears" and "Grapes of Wrath," my guess is that everyone here would ace it. If the categories were "Antarctica landmarks," "Children's television shows that adults have never heard of" and "Why UT does not suck," I think you'd all stand there dumbly like a bunch of celebrities on "Celebrity Jeopardy."

I personally love watching the "Teen Tournament," because those are usually the only shows that I can get most of them right. I especially felt smart when these brainiac kids didn't know Final Jeopardy and I did :D

badger
5/16/2012, 09:09 AM
Also, Kareem did really well when I saw him on Jeopardy the first time (the first time I saw a celebrity do well on Celebrity Jeopardy), but this is awesome:

h03QVlrwI_s

So, moments of Jeopardy stupidity can happen to anyone :D

Mississippi Sooner
5/16/2012, 09:26 AM
My favorite celebrity contestant on Jeopardy is still Turd Ferguson.

SouthCarolinaSooner
5/16/2012, 09:57 AM
My favorite celebrity contestant on Jeopardy is still Turd Ferguson.
Well, that's your opinion

jkjsooner
5/16/2012, 10:02 AM
What badger said.

I watched it and Matthews was outclassed by the others but most of us would have been as well.

A general criticism of his performance is one thing. The specific examples cited are ridiculous.

For example, the "Gary Powers" thing. He probably didn't know the "Francis" part so he was taking a chance that he didn't say it right the first time. It's easy to rewind the tape and laugh that he gave the same answer twice but there's not a one among us who couldn't make this mistake.

The "what is at 'ease' soldier" is a damn ridiculous criticism.

I'd like any of you to know within about a second whether Istanbul is six letters or not...

Matthews didn't look great and was outclassed but this article is simply absurd.

pphilfran
5/16/2012, 10:07 AM
When you go mouthing off like Matthews did in the past (Sarah Palin - though I do agree to some extent) he deserves to get his azz blistered...

'profoundly stupid'

jkjsooner
5/16/2012, 10:09 AM
When you go mouthing off like Matthews did in the past (Sarah Palin - though I do agree to some extent) he deserves to get his azz blistered...

'profoundly stupid'

That's fine but keep the criticism fair.

badger
5/16/2012, 10:13 AM
I'd like any of you to know within about a second whether Istanbul is six letters or not...

I had one of those moments last week or the week before. The final jeopardy category was "periodic table" and if I'm the show, I'm probably trying to name all 150 or so (I know that list is constantly growing with newly engineered elements blah blah blah i haven't taken a science class in 10 years so whatev), but since I'm not, I'm jostling baby badger during the commercial break. The show comes back in a few minutes:

"Of the 5 elements with 4-letter names, it's the only one that is not a solid at room temperature."

The Jeopardy music starts and I'm trying to remember what elements have four letters. Gold! Well, that's obviously not right. Iron! Well, that's not right either! I can't think of any other elements with four letters! Gawd, if I put down 'gold' or 'iron' I would look like the biggest idiot on the planet and I just can't think of any other elements that have four letters and...

(music ends)

Sh!t.

All three kid geniuses, probably having stared at the periodic table in their classrooms for the past several years of high school, correctly respond "neon." Well, crap. Now that they say that, of course I remember that neon is on the periodic table and of course that would be the one that wouldn't be solid at room temperature.

Idiot, idiot, idiot.

Fortunately, baby badger was not awake to see mommy badger in her moment of stupidity :P

pphilfran
5/16/2012, 10:20 AM
That's fine but keep the criticism fair.

I did...I said I tended to agree with him on Palin...but you won't see me on Jeopardy making a fool out of myself after calling someone else stupid....

jkjsooner
5/16/2012, 10:21 AM
Not to mention that you probably don't have a full second to determine if Istanbul is six letters or not. First you have to formulate what you think the answer is and then you have to figure out if it is six letters. If you're getting beaten out on the buzzer you start rushing.

badger
5/16/2012, 10:25 AM
I've seen reruns of "Win Ben Stein's Money" and simply LOVE the fact that the premise of the show is that Ben Stein is not only the host of the show, but then, becomes a contestant to put his trivia knowledge on the line, possibly looking like a fool on national TV and possibly losing a few thousand off his paycheck to a smarter contestant.

And if I ever became a celebrity and they offered $10k to charity in return for me exposing my "stupidity" to a national audience, I would totally do it for charity' sake. I would probably say something stupid that people would never let me forget, but I could always respond "Did it for charity" and that would be the end of it :D

pphilfran
5/16/2012, 10:30 AM
I've seen reruns of "Win Ben Stein's Money" and simply LOVE the fact that the premise of the show is that Ben Stein is not only the host of the show, but then, becomes a contestant to put his trivia knowledge on the line, possibly looking like a fool on national TV and possibly losing a few thousand off his paycheck to a smarter contestant.

And if I ever became a celebrity and they offered $10k to charity in return for me exposing my "stupidity" to a national audience, I would totally do it for charity' sake. I would probably say something stupid that people would never let me forget, but I could always respond "Did it for charity" and that would be the end of it :D

But you are smart enough to not call someone 'profoundly stupid' prior to your appearance on the show...

BTW I loved Win Ben Steins Money...that dude is impressive...

hawaii 5-0
5/16/2012, 10:42 AM
When you think that Africa is a country then yes, for an adult that's profoundly stupid.

Matthews gets paid big money to bash conservatives. It's his job.

5-0

pphilfran
5/16/2012, 10:59 AM
When you think that Africa is a country then yes, for an adult that's profoundly stupid.

5-0

And that same big money should allow him to take criticism when he steps on his wanker...

badger
5/16/2012, 11:21 AM
But you are smart enough to not call someone 'profoundly stupid' prior to your appearance on the show...

BTW I loved Win Ben Steins Money...that dude is impressive...

I miss Ben Stein, the non-political version. The last time I saw him on TV was after a debate or a convention or something trashing the Democrats on fiscal stuff (he used to be a financial adviser for Nixon I think). He needs to deadpan on a gameshow or be an annoying teacher again or something... maybe he can reprise his role whenever they remake Ferris Bueller? :D

badger
5/16/2012, 11:22 AM

It's easy to forget the word "South." I mean, would you call someone profoundly stupid if they called that other message board area just the "Oval?" :P

OULenexaman
5/16/2012, 11:42 AM
Win Ben Stein's Money.....greatest game show ever. Funny as hell to.

soonerhubs
5/16/2012, 12:33 PM
They're both imbeciles, but Chris Matthews being an idiot doesn't make Sarah Palin any smarter, unfortunately.

Bingo!

virginiasooner
5/16/2012, 03:47 PM
Sarah is doing great. She just endorsed the third place Senate candidate in Nebraska and now that person is in the lead there.

Repeat after me: SENATOR BOB KERREY. Thank you Sarah!

soonercruiser
5/16/2012, 09:46 PM
Except that they make the questions much easier when they have their "celebrity" versions, especially since all money goes to charity.

And the point isn't about whether Palin would bomb or not. It's that Matthews, who persists in questioning the intelligence of those with whom he disagrees, looks even more like an idiot.

THIS!
:surprise:

soonercruiser
5/16/2012, 09:48 PM

5-0

Chris Matthew's tingly feeling down his leg was actually incontinence!
It goes along with incompetence.

But don't worry, even after MSNBS catches on how stupid he is, he will be able to do adult diaper commercials.
(I can see the commercial now......"Ever get that tingly feeling down your leg"?)
Priceless!

The Profit
5/17/2012, 09:57 AM
Actually, Matthews has appeared on "Celebrity Jeopardy" 3 times. He won it the first try, finished second on the next try and finished third on this last attempt. My guess is that Simple Sarah would finish 3rd every time, unless of course she was pitted against herdaughter and her daughter's baby-daddy. Levi.

badger
5/17/2012, 10:06 AM
Actually, Matthews has appeared on "Celebrity Jeopardy" 3 times. He won it the first try, finished second on the next try and finished third on this last attempt. My guess is that Simple Sarah would finish 3rd every time, unless of course she was pitted against herdaughter and her daughter's baby-daddy. Levi.

Meh, you say that now, but what if the categories were "Russia," "Alaska," "Snow" and "Moose?" :P

The Profit
5/17/2012, 10:31 AM
LOL....She would do great with Moose and Alaska, but I am not sure she knows much about how snow is formed. If she really believes that she can see Russia from her backyard, she would probably fall on her butt with that topic. On a real subject, how close will the recall election be in cheeseland?

badger
5/17/2012, 11:21 AM
how close will the recall election be in cheeseland?

I am not sure if all senior citizens feel this way, but after the kickback healtcare crap stopped with the unions, costs for senior healthcare went down statewide, according to my grandparents, who therefore are very much on the side of the governor, not the unions on that one. They were not happy with the way the governor shoved his agenda down Wisconsin's throat, they were even less happy at the hippies camping in the capitol building and teachers skipping work to protest, but I think that they personally will not vote to recall the governor.

If that is the sentiment across the senior populace in Wisconsin, then there is no way in hell that Gov. Walker gets recalled, because the senior vote wins every time in an elections. Seniors vote en masse in every election, major or minor. The young angry populace will probably forget which day to vote.

sappstuf
5/17/2012, 07:40 PM
Repeat after me: SENATOR BOB KERREY. Thank you Sarah!

Uhhh..

State Senator Deb Fischer holds an 18-point lead over Democrat Bob Kerrey in the first Rasmussen Reports survey of the Nebraska U.S. Senate race since her upset win in last week’s state Republican primary.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_senate_elections/nebraska/election_2012_nebraska_senate

LiveLaughLove
5/17/2012, 09:37 PM
Well it appears one of those dunces at Fox News somehow managed to win his round of Jeopardy.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/05/17/Fox-News-Chris-Wallace-Demolishes-the-BBC-Katty-Kay-on-Jeopardy

He beat up on a BBC lady. How dare he do that. It must have been rigged for rich white guys.

soonercruiser
5/17/2012, 09:57 PM

Joe Biden would definately finish last every time, no matter who you put up against him.
Biden, personally gives the mentally handicapped some hope!
He would get angry and argue about the answer....just like his brainless speeches....latest yesterday!

LiveLaughLove
5/17/2012, 10:02 PM
LOL....She would do great with Moose and Alaska, but I am not sure she knows much about how snow is formed. If she really believes that she can see Russia from her backyard, she would probably fall on her butt with that topic. On a real subject, how close will the recall election be in cheeseland?

You do know that Tina Fey said that, not Sarah? I'm sure you do don't you? Hello?

Just curious since I am sure you know that, as to what makes you think Sarah actually does believe that beyond you just wanting it to be true.

badger
5/18/2012, 08:13 AM
Joe Biden would definately finish last every time, no matter who you put up against him.

Only cuz he says and does before he thinks.

I mean seriously... who brings non-alcoholic beer to a beer summit? Biden. :P

Position Limit
5/18/2012, 09:27 AM
i suppose after years of chris matthews clowing on and owning so many on the right, the local mouthbreathers can have some satisfaction that he lost on a game show. nice one dudes. GO. TEAM. FIGHT. WIN.

TitoMorelli
5/18/2012, 09:54 AM
i suppose after years of chris matthews clowing on and owning so many on the right, the local mouthbreathers can have some satisfaction that he lost on a game show. nice one dudes. GO. TEAM. FIGHT. WIN.

Only in your own little bizarro world, sweet cheeks.

jkjsooner
5/18/2012, 09:56 AM
You do know that Tina Fey said that, not Sarah? I'm sure you do don't you? Hello?

Yes, Tina Fey did say "from my house" but it was a play on an equally stupid statement from Palin - as if being able to see Russia from land in Alaska somehow makes her an expert on Russia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGSJCDw3ZBw&feature=fvwp&NR=1

XingTheRubicon
5/18/2012, 10:09 AM

maybe the most embarrassing journalist ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPZdBv_F18A