PDA

View Full Version : So, I interviewed at Chesapeake last week...

proud gonzo
5/15/2012, 12:27 AM
...I'm waiting to hear back from them. It was down to me and one other person, and I felt very good about the interview. Then again, I know absolutely nothing about the other candidate, so I have nothing to go on. I'm hoping to hear good news. Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for me. This job would be really great for me and Opera Man.

olevetonahill
5/15/2012, 12:29 AM
Cool , Be hopin and a prayin fer Ya

proud gonzo
5/15/2012, 12:32 AM
Thanks, H. :)

Boomer.....
5/15/2012, 07:18 AM
Good luck!

oumartin
5/15/2012, 07:25 AM
So, you and "opera man" are dreaming of sailing on the titanic.

dat der cullage edoocashion shore payd of fur ya.

cleller
5/15/2012, 07:54 AM
I hope you didn't break the ice with a comment like;

"So, do all employees get one of the well-loan arrangements like Aubrey?"

Good luck. I think it will work out over there. They need to bring in some ultra-respectable executive to put a calming face on the storm.

olevetonahill
5/15/2012, 08:23 AM

dat der cullage edoocashion shore payd of fur ya.

WTF is wrong with you?

dwarthog
5/15/2012, 08:28 AM
WTF is wrong with you?

Probably referencing Aubrey McClendon's recent shenanigans, albeit somewhat poorly perhaps.

Lott's Bandana
5/15/2012, 09:13 AM
I didn't know CHK needed screenwriters?

Well, if they're smart, they'll hire this one.

badger
5/15/2012, 09:19 AM
If CNG takes off, companies like Chesapeake would be awesome places to be.

As it is right now, it seems like too many eggs are in the ethanol and oil baskets. BUT, things will change. CNG is widely available, cheap, clean and the future of energy, methinks. Just hope that our Oklahoma gas companies don't panic and abandon CNG before then, or go under before it gets invested in as much as ethanol did.

Good luck on the job thingie. Being on maternity leave made me realize how much I missed working.

proud gonzo
5/15/2012, 10:23 AM

dat der cullage edoocashion shore payd of fur ya.Oh, my bad. I didn't realize that a $20,000/year raise and working for the 17th highest paying company in the country would be a foolish move. :rolleyes:

I didn't know CHK needed screenwriters?

Well, if they're smart, they'll hire this one.
I'm not technically a screenwriter. My degrees are a bachelor of arts in journalism and a master of professional writing. I have a year and a half of editing experience. The job I applied for is as communications editor and proofreader.

oumartin
5/15/2012, 10:25 AM
Rumor is Aubreys personal loan was to invest in cng fueling stations.

oumartin
5/15/2012, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=proud gonzo;3477469]Oh, my bad. I didn't realize that a $20,000/year raise and working for the 17th highest paying company in the country would be a foolish move. :rolleyes:

Have you even read a newspaper in the past two weeks?

Wanna know what employees are gonna be axed if things get tight? NEW ONES.

proud gonzo
5/15/2012, 10:40 AM
Oh, my bad. I didn't realize that a $20,000/year raise and working for the 17th highest paying company in the country would be a foolish move. :rolleyes:

Have you even read a newspaper in the past two weeks?

Wanna know what employees are gonna be axed if things get tight? NEW ONES.

No, Martin, I interviewed at a Fortune 500 company without ever reading a single thing about them or doing any research.
In a time of company crisis, the publications department isn't the one that's gonna be axed. This whole issue is part of the reason WHY they're hiring a new proofreader, so thank goodness for public scandal.

badger
5/15/2012, 10:45 AM
Layoffs hardly ever make sense to everyone, so while I hope you get the job and love it and you stay there and make tons of money for a long time, you never know when a rational person will be making the decision, or a monkey operating an etch a sketch is shaking its "laptop" upside down to reboot the "machine" :mad:

proud gonzo
5/15/2012, 10:50 AM
With the job situation that I'm in now, the threat of possibly someday being laid off from Chesapeake really isn't an issue for me. I'll risk it.

badger
5/15/2012, 11:04 AM
Word. I felt similarly when I had to move away from old job when marrying NP. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and stuff.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/15/2012, 11:08 AM
Give 'em hell, PG!

I guarantee there's no spiders.

Viking Kitten
5/15/2012, 11:08 AM
I have it on good authority that PG rocked a killer outfit during the interview...

Boomer.....
5/15/2012, 11:15 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

proud gonzo
5/15/2012, 11:32 AM
I have it on good authority that PG rocked a killer outfit during the interview...
I totally did. :D

Chuck Bao
5/15/2012, 11:38 AM

Of course she did. That was a no-brainer type of statement from you, VK.

PG is probably gonna end up owning the world in five years.

oumartin
5/15/2012, 12:04 PM
:vomit:

KsSooner
5/15/2012, 12:07 PM
No, Martin, I interviewed at a Fortune 500 company without ever reading a single thing about them or doing any research.
In a time of company crisis, the publiciations department isn't the one that's gonna be axed. This whole issue is part of the reason WHY they're hiring a new proofreader, so thank goodness for public scandal.

I know I shouldn't but...

Viking Kitten
5/15/2012, 12:59 PM
:vomit:

Coincidentally, that's what I do anytime I see a pair of black socks.

proud gonzo
5/15/2012, 03:19 PM
I know I shouldn't but...
Meh. I don't get paid to proofread my posts.

olevetonahill
5/15/2012, 03:23 PM
Meh. I don't get paid to proofread my posts.

Heh

jk the sooner fan
5/15/2012, 03:45 PM

http://heydontjudgeme.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/oh-snap.jpg

jk the sooner fan
5/15/2012, 03:48 PM

http://bloggingbiblically.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Boomer.....
5/15/2012, 04:14 PM
heh

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2012, 04:38 PM
eww...

bluedogok
5/15/2012, 09:27 PM
Good luck with the position. I know a few who work there and really like it.

Soonerus
5/15/2012, 10:31 PM
Everybody I know who works there loves it !!! Good luck !!!

OUInformant
5/16/2012, 02:13 AM
So what's going to happen to Chesapeake?

ouflak
5/16/2012, 03:38 AM
So what's going to happen to Chesapeake?
Their published literature will slowly morph over time until it all looks like posts on Soonerfans.com.

CrimsonKel
5/16/2012, 03:45 AM
Good luck! Remember us when you are rich and famous.

Okla-homey
5/16/2012, 06:17 AM
Chesapeake = Enron? We shall see.

cleller
5/16/2012, 07:52 AM
Rumor is Aubreys personal loan was to invest in cng fueling stations.

Now, it makes sense! Can't believe this is the first I heard of it.

pphilfran
5/16/2012, 10:02 AM
Chesapeake = Enron? We shall see.

Not the same...not even close...

jk the sooner fan
5/16/2012, 10:23 AM
are you currently employed elsewhere?

proud gonzo
5/16/2012, 10:23 AM
Yes.

oumartin
5/16/2012, 01:52 PM
More loans for Chesapeake, cash flow and assets no where near enough to get them outta debt. You can't give away natural gas right now and NGL isn't worth much more. They wanna transition into the NGL side of it which will help but right now the market is hurting. Like how they are waiting to transition to oil drilling as oil prices fall.

Skysooner
5/16/2012, 03:51 PM
More loans for Chesapeake, cash flow and assets no where near enough to get them outta debt. You can't give away natural gas right now and NGL isn't worth much more. They wanna transition into the NGL side of it which will help but right now the market is hurting. Like how they are waiting to transition to oil drilling as oil prices fall.

Actually NGL is quite good right now. It is only the ethane part of it that is a problem and only in certain sections of the country.

oumartin
5/16/2012, 04:19 PM
Actually NGL is quite good right now. It is only the ethane part of it that is a problem and only in certain sections of the country.

okay yes my bad. liquids are doing well but I know of many plants about to bypass or go into rejection due to the ethane.

Skysooner
5/16/2012, 10:11 PM
Very true. We model our economics right now with ethane rejection.

C&CDean
5/17/2012, 01:26 PM
And just when I thought marty was done being a ball-sweat licking insecure little insulting prick. I bet your friends would love you marty - if you had any.

Oh, and I hope you get the gig Jess.

Okla-homey
5/22/2012, 06:34 AM
Not the same...not even close...

Telling yourself that doesn't make it so.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=49&articleid=20120522_49_E1_CUTLIN376891

cleller
5/22/2012, 08:06 AM

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=49&articleid=20120522_49_E1_CUTLIN376891

This whole deal with the Chesapeake board sounds like crony rewarding. Its Aubrey's baby, so he should be given some room, but this got out of hand for a publicly traded company. Many times I thought of buying stock, but there was always something in the news about Aubrey blowing money on this or that, so I stayed out.

Its probably a great place to work, and it has definitely been a pacesetter, but I think shareholders have been abused badly. That's the board's responsibility. As a Republican, it embarrasses me some, too, with all the prominent Republicans involved. Of course, one is real Aggie.

pphilfran
5/22/2012, 08:10 AM

When they lie about assets and profits and the accounting firm is in bed with them I will then take notice..

TheHumanAlphabet
5/22/2012, 09:24 AM
If CNG takes off, companies like Chesapeake would be awesome places to be.

As it is right now, it seems like too many eggs are in the ethanol and oil baskets. BUT, things will change. CNG is widely available, cheap, clean and the future of energy, methinks. Just hope that our Oklahoma gas companies don't panic and abandon CNG before then, or go under before it gets invested in as much as ethanol did.

Good luck on the job thingie. Being on maternity leave made me realize how much I missed working.

CNG??? The future likely is with LNG, Gas to Liquids technology and condensate upgrading...

CNG needs a larger distribution system before it takes off. It will likely compete with electricity as far as distribution...

BTW, good luck on the job, though CHK has a way to get its financial house in order, it is no Enron. If it goes real badly, it may be purchased by a major, but that can be a good thing...

cleller
5/22/2012, 02:26 PM
BTW, good luck on the job, though CHK has a way to get its financial house in order, it is no Enron. If it goes real badly, it may be purchased by a major, but that can be a good thing...

That's an interesting point. Any money gurus out there think this could happen? Would hopefully give shareholders and good boost.

Don't know anything about takeovers, but there are a lot of huge oil companies with tons of cash that might like what Chesapeake has got. I guess I just assumed CHK was too big to be bought up.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/22/2012, 03:37 PM
Or too many future liabilities...