PDA

View Full Version : Monday poll: Opinions on Big 12 has beens, will bes and might bes

badger
5/14/2012, 09:36 AM
Please explain your thoughts below in the comments. Or don't. The poll is anonymous.

Three days of voting. Check all that apply. Please don't try to change your vote once you cast it.

badger
5/14/2012, 09:40 AM
My votes:
I miss Nebraska and still don't give a crap about Colorado.
Screw Missouri and Texas A&M. Crash and burrrrrrrrrrrrn in the SEC.
A hearty welcome to both TCU and West Virginia. Make the Big 12 stronger!
Florida State would be an awesome Big 12 addition. Join us and enjoy your third tier TV rights for football!

LVSOONER15
5/14/2012, 09:47 AM
Screw ATM and MIZZU.
Welcome WV and TCU.
Come on down FSU.

KantoSooner
5/14/2012, 09:54 AM
And may I reiterate: Screw Mizzou.

bastidges started this whole mess. Hope they never win again and that a gaping hell mouth opens at midfield and swallows their team.

badger
5/14/2012, 11:24 AM
I guess you could miss a team while still saying "screw them." :rcmad:

Bourbon St Sooner
5/14/2012, 12:19 PM
Somebody needs to explain why they would ever miss those pot smoking, Phish listening to, nappy hair hippies from boulder.

I only miss Nebbish. The rest of em can jump on this and spin. I'm still laughing that the allmighty sec raided our conference for the 5th and 6th best teams.

I welcome the Panhandle Aggies to the fold.

Widescreen
5/14/2012, 12:49 PM
Miss Nebraska
Screw CU and MU
Don't want TCU in the big 12
Welcome WVU
Come on down FSU.

bluedogok
5/14/2012, 02:08 PM
Now living in Denver it would'be been nice to have games up here every few years. Maybe they can work something out with Air Force or one the other Front Range schools again.

To me the Nebraska rivalry ended when the Big 12 came into existence. FSU and Clemson would be good additions for the conference.

8timechamps
5/14/2012, 02:58 PM
Miss Nebraska and (gulp) Mizzou (say what you will, but I liked playing Mizzou.

Screw CU and A&M.

Welcome TCU & WVU.

Join now FSU!

badger
5/14/2012, 03:18 PM
I am happy that for once sf.com isn't lockstepping in the same opinion on something, even if it's about two schools that are now two seasons removed from the Big 12

Chuck Bao
5/14/2012, 03:38 PM
I like the idea of going down to Fort Worth to see the Sooners play. Fort Worth is as close as Norman is to my home.

badger
5/14/2012, 03:40 PM
I like the idea of going down to Fort Worth to see the Sooners play. Fort Worth is as close as Norman is to my home.

Think they'll move some games to Jerryworld, either for increased attendance/revenue or during a TCU stadium expansion/renovation?

Chuck Bao
5/14/2012, 04:05 PM
Think they'll move some games to Jerryworld, either for increased attendance/revenue or during a TCU stadium expansion/renovation?

Interesting question. I've never been to the Amon Carter stadium. I think the renovations will be complete before this fall season and they'll have a few more sell-outs in their expanded 50,000 stadium whenever either OU or Texas visit.

I was actually thinking more in terms of driving my mom down there to see OU women's basketball.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/14/2012, 04:46 PM
Now living in Denver it would'be been nice to have games up here every few years. Maybe they can work something out with Air Force or one the other Front Range schools again.

To me the Nebraska rivalry ended when the Big 12 came into existence. FSU and Clemson would be good additions for the conference.

Agreed..Don't care that they left

Pricetag
5/15/2012, 04:33 PM
To me the Nebraska rivalry ended when the Big 12 came into existence.
I have to agree here. It was going to be tough to keep it up not playing them every year, but then the fact that we were descending into downright suckitude when the conference was born really ruined it. 2000 and 2001 gave hope, but then Nebraska picked up our book on how to descend into downright suckitude.

I still miss them.