PDA

View Full Version : Put a Tit in that Kids mouth

olevetonahill
5/10/2012, 01:24 PM
This just aint right IMHO

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/time-breastfeeding-cover-sparks-immediate-controversy-151539970.html

deweydw
5/10/2012, 01:35 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPWZoJLx5xm7zP0u_qrtd6zl28d6WVH LEdj_ufD6psvzGRCjsBgLVP9yXnzA

olevetonahill
5/10/2012, 01:42 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPWZoJLx5xm7zP0u_qrtd6zl28d6WVH LEdj_ufD6psvzGRCjsBgLVP9yXnzA
Thats what Im talkin about
Hell that Kid is old enough to be out hustlin fer his Own tit

KantoSooner
5/10/2012, 02:19 PM
It may be right. It may be wrong.

I know that I envy that kid, though.

yermom
5/10/2012, 02:59 PM
i haven't read any of the material on this, but it seems the relationship with your mother would be different if you remember breastfeeding. i don't remember doing it, but i remember plenty from when i was 3

8timechamps
5/10/2012, 03:18 PM
That's a big 3 year old.

olevetonahill
5/10/2012, 03:21 PM
That's a big 3 year old.

What Ima Thinkin, Hell I'd be all about knockin his butt down and gettin that Tit fer myself

8timechamps
5/10/2012, 05:03 PM
What Ima Thinkin, Hell I'd be all about knockin his butt down and gettin that Tit fer myself

:D

Viking Kitten
5/10/2012, 05:18 PM
I'm a strong proponent of breastfeeding infants, but that's ridiculous.

But then again, that's me. The older I get, the less I care how other people raise their kids. Do whatever works for you, I guess. Though I would be interested to see some longitudinal research that shows if there is any advantage or disadvantage to that level of attachment parenting.

olevetonahill
5/10/2012, 05:27 PM
I'm a strong proponent of breastfeeding infants, but that's ridiculous.

But then again, that's me. The older I get, the less I care how other people raise their kids. Do whatever works for you, I guess. Though I would be interested to see some longitudinal research that shows if there is any advantage or disadvantage to that level of attachment parenting.

Ima say It would make yer Son a Big *****

5/10/2012, 06:01 PM
Reminds me of About Schmidt...

"People used to think it was strange 'cause I breast-fed him 'til he was almost five, but I say - hunh, just look at the results!"

cleller
5/11/2012, 08:14 AM
What a way to ruin a picture of a beautiful woman.

Give that kid a glass of something and quit making us queasy. She'll regret this when his classmates see this in about 5 years.

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2012, 08:54 AM
my opinion of that picture is that it doesnt come close to depicting anything remotely representing the bonding and nurturing that occurs between a mother and child during nursing

it's just a cold picture and has removed all that is supposed to be "wonderful" about breast feeding - and i think it does more to harm the cause of those pushing that agenda

the age of the kid is a bit creepy as well

Viking Kitten
5/11/2012, 09:43 AM
That.

cleller
5/11/2012, 11:56 AM
That's a big 3 year old.

Maybe he's developing too much of an attachment to things.

jk the sooner fan
5/11/2012, 11:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dspjwGhrVeU

colleyvillesooner
5/11/2012, 04:15 PM
thats what i thought of

picasso
5/11/2012, 10:39 PM
my opinion of that picture is that it doesnt come close to depicting anything remotely representing the bonding and nurturing that occurs between a mother and child during nursing

it's just a cold picture and has removed all that is supposed to be "wonderful" about breast feeding - and i think it does more to harm the cause of those pushing that agenda

the age of the kid is a bit creepy as well
That's it. My wife no longer breastfeeds my son but currently does my one year old daughter. She does it in public but with a cover over everything that's going on. She doesn't just flop her teet out for everyone to gander at.
If you don't like it then tough ****. Go watch some pro wrestling.

8timechamps
5/11/2012, 10:56 PM
I hope the word is out enough to educate people on the benefits and nature of breastfeeding. Other than the moronic 13 year old that sees it and says "OOOOoooo, look....a boob!", I like to think that people see it as normal as a child holding a bottle.

Which brings me back to the picture....until I see a birth certificate...that ain't no 3 year old. I mean, if the dude is living with her, and they are in to those kind of things...great, to each his own...but don't **** down my back and tell me it's raining! That photo was for shock value. There are numerous other images they could have used to get their point across.

yermom
5/12/2012, 12:21 AM
4 next month

and i guess he is getting a lot of nutrition :D

jk the sooner fan
5/12/2012, 06:57 AM
That's it. My wife no longer breastfeeds my son but currently does my one year old daughter. She does it in public but with a cover over everything that's going on. She doesn't just flop her teet out for everyone to gander at.
If you don't like it then tough ****. Go watch some pro wrestling.

i'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or reprimanding me

either way - i have no issues with breastfeeding - i just have an issue with that picture. that picture is akin to that same kid opening the fridge and pulling out a Sunny D

cleller
5/12/2012, 07:50 AM

Who is this, Van Damme?

picasso
5/12/2012, 09:52 AM
Who is this, Van Damme?
Me, Myself and Irene.

And the chick is Shannon Whirry from Skinemax days.

jk, I was agreeing with you. The cover wasn't a good representation of MOST breastfeeding mothers out there. It's a joke of a photograph.

yermom
5/12/2012, 11:36 AM
the picture isn't necessarily supposed to be realistic. it's supposed to convey a message by the magazine/photographer/editor, not so much the mother

i don't really see what the fuss is about, really.

jk the sooner fan
5/12/2012, 05:36 PM
the picture isn't necessarily supposed to be realistic. it's supposed to convey a message by the magazine/photographer/editor, not so much the mother

of course you dont!

Turd_Ferguson
5/12/2012, 06:35 PM

i don't really see what the fuss is about, really.A damn near four year old boy posing for a photo shoot with his moms nipple in his mouth? Yeah, that's normal...

picasso
5/12/2012, 06:38 PM

Well yeah, that message is let's **** off both sides so they'll buy the magazine. It's silly.

olevetonahill
5/12/2012, 06:44 PM
Am I the only one ?

If some broad is gonna pull out her Tit in Public, Im dayum sure gonna be lookin at it.

Viking Kitten
5/12/2012, 07:41 PM
I almost never breastfeed in public because a) I try to be respectful of people who are honestly grossed out by it and b) I don't need perverted old creeps staring at my boobs.

I remember one occasion when we were traveling; we had to wait in a hotel lobby after check out time, but too early to go to the airport. It was one of those old timey hotels with 50 couches in a deserted lobby, so I went over to one in an empty corner in an effort to be discreet. Then this total f***stick tool in a business suit follows me, sits down in a couch right across from me (when there are 49 other couches available) and pretends to read a newspaper while looking over the top at me the whole time. I loudly told him he was a sick jerk as I got up and moved with my hungry two-month-old baby attached. In retrospect, I was being too nice.

olevetonahill
5/12/2012, 07:53 PM
Now VK, I wouldnt a follered ya, But I dayum sure would of looked:chuncky:

Viking Kitten
5/12/2012, 07:57 PM
Then at least bring singles. Nobody gets a free show.

olevetonahill
5/12/2012, 08:03 PM
Then at least bring singles. Nobody gets a free show.

:welcoming:

Chuck Bao
5/12/2012, 08:16 PM
A couple years ago, I was shouted down after complaining about my secretary. I didn't mind at all that she went into an empty conference room to use a breast pump. I understand that the bathroom isn't sanitary. I just minded that she marched around the office with her milk bottle held out in front of her like it was a holy relic. And, she kept her milk bottle on her desk as if it were a family photo. I gathered the courage to ask her one time if that milk would be better kept in the fridge and got shouted down again.

I ain't ever touching this topic again.

Turd_Ferguson
5/12/2012, 08:23 PM
A couple years ago, I was shouted down after complaining about my secretary. I didn't mind at all that she went into an empty conference room to use a breast pump. I understand that the bathroom isn't sanitary. I just minded that she marched around the office with her milk bottle held out in front of her like it was a holy relic. And, she kept her milk bottle on her desk as if it were a family photo. I gathered the courage to ask her one time if that milk would be better kept in the fridge and got shouted down again.

I ain't ever touching this topic again.Why would you care?

Viking Kitten
5/12/2012, 08:30 PM
See... once again, I believe common courtesy goes a long way. The bottles I pump at work are placed in a non-descript, insulated storage container, zipped fully closed and taken immediately to the refrigerator. For one thing, I don't want some dumbass confusing it with coffee creamer. Secondly, there are people who, rightly or wrongly, are just grossed out by breastmilk. We have to all coexist and share the office refrigerator, why I should I not do my part to be courteous, especially when it's so easy to just put the milk in a bag?

yermom
5/12/2012, 08:50 PM
Well yeah, that message is let's **** off both sides so they'll buy the magazine. It's silly.

yeah, it's supposed to be provocative and controversial like the idea is. they really want to show how big he is. you are all doing exactly what they want :D

Turd_Ferguson
5/12/2012, 09:14 PM
yeah, it's supposed to be provocative and controversial like the idea is. they really want to show how big he is. you are all doing exactly what they want :DWell, the difference to me is...I'm saying it's very ****ing abnormal to have a kid that old sucking his mom's tit...but, I ain't buying the magazine.

picasso
5/13/2012, 11:24 AM
yeah, it's supposed to be provocative and controversial like the idea is. they really want to show how big he is. you are all doing exactly what they want :D
No, I didn't buy the magazine.

picasso
5/13/2012, 11:27 AM
My wife breastfeeds in our Sunday school class. There's a rocker in the corner with a standing panel but you can see in there if you really want.

I'm with VK on the "in your face" crowd. Be respectful and do it quietly and I don't see the big deal. But we could say that about a lot of social hot button issues.

jk the sooner fan
5/13/2012, 04:26 PM
babies are hungry when they're hungry - feed em when they need it!

yermom
5/13/2012, 07:23 PM
No, I didn't buy the magazine.

maybe not, but all the outrage about it has the mom on the talk show circuit and lots of people hitting their website

cleller
5/13/2012, 09:47 PM
I getting tired of all the discussion about kids and boobs. That relationship is a small minority of the life and times of female anatomy. Time for it to get in the back seat, and let the grown ups take charge again.

jkjsooner
5/14/2012, 03:36 PM
I almost never breastfeed in public because a) I try to be respectful of people who are honestly grossed out by it and b) I don't need perverted old creeps staring at my boobs.

I think you're missing why most men are uncomfortable with it. It's not that we think it's gross. It's that it puts us in a position where our intent can be misinterpreted.

When I see a woman breast feeding, I feel like I can't even look in that general vicinity as doing so could be taken the wrong way. But, by obviously looking away that can make the person breast feeding feel awkward as well.

There's one more thing. When we see something we don't expect, it is human nature to pause and try to make sense of it. (This is not even a conscious reaction.) That slight pause can be taken the wrong way even though it is completely innocent.

KantoSooner
5/14/2012, 04:31 PM
What with all the health benefits for mother and baby (including, not insignificantly, that it's by far the easiest way to lose weight after pregnancy and to introduce the child to a range of foods and not have them turn into obnoxious little picky eaters), we ought to make some accomodations.
If I need to blank out a portion of the room from my view screen for a time, I'll do that.

Note to ladies who are breat feeding: please don't sit under the teevee at the end of the bar while you do so. I want to continue watching the game. Fair is fair.

8timechamps
5/14/2012, 05:48 PM
I getting tired of all the discussion about kids and boobs. That relationship is a small minority of the life and times of female anatomy. Time for it to get in the back seat, and let the grown ups take charge again.

I can never get tired of discussions about boobs. That's just me though.

olevetonahill
5/14/2012, 06:10 PM
I can never get tired of discussions about boobs. That's just me though.

True this

Im still gonna look tho and I dont care what jks says. I aint gonna feel bad about it.