PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

MamaMia
5/10/2012, 12:36 AM
I know a lot of people don't like that show but I think its fun to guess who's going home, plus I like music and seeing the new people fighting for the spot. :)

My family and friends who do watch it all have their favorites, so we have fun talking about it. Are any of you watching it this year? I've watched 3 seasons so far.

OULenexaman
5/10/2012, 07:22 AM
never have....never will. Slow times in Woodward?

BigTip
5/10/2012, 08:43 AM
This is the one reality show that I have ever watched. I watched three seasons, but somehow didn't get into it this year.
I like Steven Tyler better than Simon Cowell.

MamaMia
5/10/2012, 10:17 AM
I wait to watch until the finalists are picked and then tape it. That way...no commercials. They only have 4 people now.

Curly Bill
5/10/2012, 02:00 PM
I've not watched more than 5 minutes of it in its history.

I plan on keeping it that way!

OULenexaman
5/10/2012, 02:11 PM
ya beat me by 3 minutes.....

Curly Bill
5/10/2012, 02:14 PM
ya beat me by 3 minutes.....

Notice I said I haven't watched more than 5 minutes! I may have only watched 1 or 2! ;) Whatever it is it is very damn little!

nighttrain12
5/10/2012, 11:44 PM
Hey, give the show credit, they introduced Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood to the world! Unfortunately they also introduced Clay Aiken and Taylor Hicks to the masses.

OULenexaman
5/11/2012, 07:16 AM
Hey, give the show credit, they introduced Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood to the world! Unfortunately they also introduced Clay Aiken and Taylor Hicks to the masses. Kelly who? Carrie what? Gay Clay? Carry on....

OklaPony
5/11/2012, 01:23 PM
I always make my predictions for the finals when they get down to 10. This year I picked Colton, Jessica, and Joshua. 2 out of 3 ain't bad. :)

I was really surprised to see Colton get exited as quickly as he did, he just picked the wrong song and arrangement thereof. Oh well, I'll bet he's gonna have a great career anyway. I'm guessing he'll be bigtime in the Contemporary Christian segment with some crossover potential, perhaps.

Admittedly, I'm an American Idol addict.

MamaMia
5/11/2012, 06:29 PM
I always make my predictions for the finals when they get down to 10. This year I picked Colton, Jessica, and Joshua. 2 out of 3 ain't bad. :)

I was really surprised to see Colton get exited as quickly as he did, he just picked the wrong song and arrangement thereof. Oh well, I'll bet he's gonna have a great career anyway. I'm guessing he'll be bigtime in the Contemporary Christian segment with some crossover potential, perhaps.

Admittedly, I'm an American Idol addict.Hollie's gone. Not surprised. Its down to 3. I like to watch so I'll know who the people in my family who do watch are talking about. This is only the 3rd season I've seen the last hand full compete. I thought Joshua's 'Its a Mans World' was better than any James Brown version I've seen and to do that in 2 and 1/2 minutes too. The next 3 weeks will be interesting because I don't think anyone knows what will happen now. .

OklaPony
5/23/2012, 03:35 PM
Predictions, anyone? Tonight's the night...

Although Jessica is easily the most talented vocalist of the 2 I think Phillip is going to take it down.