PDA

View Full Version : Well, I guess you just lost your scholarship and won't graduate...

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2012, 10:46 AM
Stealing cattle from your school is not cool (http://www.newson6.com/story/18178912/conner-state-college-student-arrested-for-stealing-cattle-from-school)

What was the guy thinking???

jk the sooner fan
5/8/2012, 10:46 AM
Stealing cattle from your school is not cool (http://www.newson6.com/story/18178912/conner-state-college-student-arrested-for-stealing-cattle-from-school)

What was the guy thinking???

I'm really hungry for beef?????

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2012, 10:53 AM
He sold them for $5400.00, bail set at $5000.00 doesn't seem to be well thought out or that he was some business genius.

KantoSooner
5/8/2012, 11:02 AM
There is a word for such people.

That word is 'dolt'.

GDC
5/8/2012, 11:11 AM
Well, at least he wasn't screwing them like the OSU guy, as far as we know.

KantoSooner
5/8/2012, 11:14 AM
You're right! That IS a plus. Particularly from the point of view of steak house patrons across a three state area!

MamaMia
5/9/2012, 12:46 AM
Rodeo scholarship? Are you kidding me?

Mississippi Sooner
5/9/2012, 08:24 AM
Rodeo scholarship? Are you kidding me?

Yes, they do exist, but that's not as crazy as it gets. There are now schools that offer bass fishing scholarships. Competitive bass fishing is a growing sport in southern colleges.

And all I have to say to that is, why didn't they have that back in my college days?

olevetonahill
5/9/2012, 10:59 AM
Yes, they do exist, but that's not as crazy as it gets. There are now schools that offer bass fishing scholarships. Competitive bass fishing is a growing sport in southern colleges.

And all I have to say to that is, why didn't they have that back in my college days?

They ever start a "Beer Drankin" scholly some one make sure an let me know

achiro
5/9/2012, 11:16 AM

I was going to say the same thing. Full ride for fishing baby!

rock on sooner
5/9/2012, 03:17 PM
They ever start a "Beer Drankin" scholly some one make sure an let me know

Right after I apply:excitement:

olevetonahill
5/9/2012, 03:19 PM
Right after I apply:excitement:

Ima be the dude in charge of Passin em out, Lord knows I gots some considerable experience at that.:welcoming:

rock on sooner
5/9/2012, 03:22 PM
Ima be the dude in charge of Passin em out, Lord knows I gots some considerable experience at that.:welcoming:

Best I can remember, I started "studying" for that scholly 52 years ago, give or take...

Mississippi Sooner
5/9/2012, 03:23 PM
I'd like to apply for the beer drinking scholly. I scored a 24 on the NAT-ty.

olevetonahill
5/9/2012, 03:30 PM
I'd like to apply for the beer drinking scholly. I scored a 24 on the NAT-ty.

Ya missed by 6 the Min score is a30 pack
try again next week

Mississippi Sooner
5/9/2012, 03:31 PM
Ya missed by 6 the Min score is a30 pack
try again next week

Damn! I knew I should have studied harder.

olevetonahill
5/9/2012, 03:36 PM
Damn! I knew I should have studied harder.

:chuncky:

5/10/2012, 05:30 AM
Is there a scholarship for bathtub gin?

olevetonahill
5/10/2012, 05:31 AM
Is there a scholarship for bathtub gin?

Im the Dean of THAT skool also :chuncky:

Chuck Bao
5/10/2012, 07:07 PM
Southeastern Oklahoma State University used to have very competitive rodeo teams back in the 80s. I think they competed for national championships at the NAIA level or whatever that was back then. I never went to see one of their rodeos and I really don't know who they were competing against. I do remember the then SOSU President Hibbs saying on several occasions how proud he was of them and supported their team. I don't know if that is still the case under the subsequent SOSU presidents.

Taking five cows from the university pens to a cattle sale was probably very easy. But, he clearly needed the cow sale to cut a check under someone else's name. I imagine that his rodeo teammates were upset that they didn't have anything to practice cutting or roping on.

If anyone is interested, SOSU still has rodeo scholarship details on its website.

http://www.se.edu/rodeo/documents/scholarship_info.pdf

SoonerBread
5/10/2012, 07:12 PM
A livestock trailer rollin on 24's & expired paper tags is suspicious after all.

^^^ Totally irreverant, but very funny comment...