PDA

View Full Version : So what does the Forum say about that hag in Mass. who is 1/32nd Cherokee??

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2012, 10:07 AM
Even the dims are bailing on Warren... Man she put her foot in it. At least with Native American's you're either enrolled or not to claim minority status...

REDREX
5/8/2012, 10:21 AM
My Dad was born in Apache , Oklahoma-----Will that get me anything?

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2012, 10:22 AM
My Dad was born in Apache , Oklahoma-----Will that get me anything?

She is from Norman, she should know better.

sappstuf
5/8/2012, 10:24 AM
Are you referring to Elizabeth Fauxcahontas Crockagawea Warren?

KantoSooner
5/8/2012, 10:24 AM
Anyone who can pass as white should not make a big deal out of being some quantum tribal unless they've gone to the trouble of at least becoming a recognized member (or making a significant commitment such as learning the language). Go ahead and be proud of it all you want. But touting it as some real aspect of your identity is kind of like claiming military service because you were a TAMU cadet.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah, kind of like me saying I am related to Eric the Red because of my norwegian heritage and same names... Hmmm... I wonder if viking plunderer is a protected minority status I can check off???

KantoSooner
5/8/2012, 10:59 AM
I had a buddy who claimed 'Icelandic Native' getting into UCLA. His mom was blond and from Iceland. But that was the 1970's and computers were in their infancy.

Frozen Sooner
5/8/2012, 11:15 AM
That "hag" happens to be the preeminent scholar on Bankruptcy and Secured Transactions in the United States. That's about the extent of my thoughts on her qualifications to teach at Harvard.

Midtowner
5/8/2012, 12:13 PM
Oh wow.. well it looks like a significant number of posters here have totally turned on Elizabeth Warren. Y'all used to love her, right? The "hag" comments are a tad over the top, but not uncharacteristic.

Another example of a molehill being made into a mountain here.

Curly Bill
5/8/2012, 12:15 PM
I've seen pictures...hag is totally appropriate.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2012, 01:16 PM
That "hag" happens to be the preeminent scholar on Bankruptcy and Secured Transactions in the United States. That's about the extent of my thoughts on her qualifications to teach at Harvard.

So ethics and not lying don't matter on her qualifications? Froze, you being a newly minted lawyer should have a more jaded view. I mean if the person is so great at what she does, what in the hell is she doing fudging her "race" status to get an advantage? Just like that Yahoo boss, lie on you resume, what an idiot. IMO, lie on your resume, you aren't worth much as a person. Its one thing to expand your abilities like "managed" a project when you may have led the thing with guidance from another, it a totally different thing to say you have a degree or were a protected minority. Hell she could have check anything, but she checked Native American where you have to be a tribal member or descendant to check.

Goes to her truthfulness as a Senator, perhaps not to teach law, but I would have serious ethical questions of her.

Frozen Sooner
5/8/2012, 01:53 PM
So what's the magic number where she doesn't get to claim ancestry?

And for what it's worth, if Harvard were hiring her based on minority preference, they'd have likely paid much more attention to her gender, not her race.

She's authored the two best casebooks (with Jay Westbrook) for Secured and Bankruptcy. She's published numerous articles. The academy universally regards her as the best in the field.

Mountain out of a molehill.

Curly Bill
5/8/2012, 02:28 PM

And for what it's worth, if Harvard were hiring her based on minority preference, they'd have likely paid much more attention to her gender, not her race.

She's authored the two best casebooks (with Jay Westbrook) for Secured and Bankruptcy. She's published numerous articles. The academy universally regards her as the best in the field.

..but you agree she's a hag right?

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2012, 02:43 PM

Not to disagree about her "academic" credentials as I do not know anything about legal scholars, however, if she were an Engineering scholar, based on the ethics we are taught, I would start questioning her academic credentials based on her fudged vita. Though, based on the liberal attitudes on campus today, these type of things would be swept under the table in the bigger name of liberalism or liberal thought.

Mountain out of a molehill??? If she wouldn't have lied on the form, then this would have never been scrutinized...

Now...her ancestors rounded up Cherokee's in Tennessee and also fought the Seminoles in Florida... (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/08/Elizabeth-Warren-Ancestor-Trail-of-Tears) Classic !!! This is a good article summarizing her ancestry.

cleller
5/8/2012, 04:01 PM

The whole Indian thing is getting a little ridiculous. Her claim was that she was 1/32 Indian, right? So that gives you the ability to list your race as Indian? Nonsense.

I'd advocate that you must be half; 1/4 if we want to be generous. I'm 1/16th Choctaw, but not on any rolls, and never considered myself Indian.

Obviously she's a smart woman. Her attitude grates on me though. Kind of entitled, or condescending. Despite her Oklahoma roots, I just don't like her. She's living in Massachusetts, after all.

KantoSooner
5/8/2012, 04:23 PM
1) Each tribe has it's own rules on what does and does not qualify. But the tribe decides, not the individual.

2) As to claiming it either being or not being a big deal, well, to me it's actually an interesting divide. On the one hand, we have people who hold to some ill-defined, but very real honor code. On the other, we have people who are steeped in a culture where the letter of the law and one's ability to manipulate same are all that matters.

We have laws to provide absolute boundaries, in my view. We have ethics to provide stars by which to navigate.

A good analogue may be John Edwards. What he did may turn out to be perfectly legal. There's no one on the plaent who thinks it was right or honorable or who would leave their daughter in the same room alone with him, though.

soonercruiser
5/8/2012, 08:23 PM
Hey! I have high cheek bones, so.....
No, that's my hips. No wonder all my pants are "indian" short!
:bi_polo:

yermom
5/8/2012, 10:00 PM
1) Each tribe has it's own rules on what does and does not qualify. But the tribe decides, not the individual.

2) As to claiming it either being or not being a big deal, well, to me it's actually an interesting divide. On the one hand, we have people who hold to some ill-defined, but very real honor code. On the other, we have people who are steeped in a culture where the letter of the law and one's ability to manipulate same are all that matters.

We have laws to provide absolute boundaries, in my view. We have ethics to provide stars by which to navigate.

A good analogue may be John Edwards. What he did may turn out to be perfectly legal. There's no one on the plaent who thinks it was right or honorable or who would leave their daughter in the same room alone with him, though.

Cherokees go down to like 1/256 don't they? it seems the tribal leaders i have seen look as white as me. i remember talking to a coworker that was Seminole and they only count you if you are full blooded

LiveLaughLove
5/8/2012, 10:47 PM
She's a liar, fraud, and charlatan. It may be a molehill to you Mid. Not to me.

Incidentally, my dad is a half blood and for most of his life he was freckle faced and pale. Our Indian family called him Nuholushi (sp?), which means little white demon, growing up.

He has gotten darker as he has aged, but he never would have been mistaken for an Indian.

Except for his high cheek bones. ;P

sappstuf
5/8/2012, 10:47 PM

The evidence suggests otherwise....

“Although the conventional wisdom among students and faculty is that the Law School faculty includes no minority women, Chmura said professor of law Elizabeth Warren is Native American,”

Sounds like they were very happy to brag about her indian status.

Sitting Bulls$&* said she checked the block to meet "people who are like I am", by that she must mean the 31/32 white part because the 1/32 part never participated in any indian functions with the Harvard University's Native American Program per their director.

Strange conduct for someone who wanted to meet people like herself.

LiveLaughLove
5/8/2012, 11:54 PM
Not to disagree about her "academic" credentials as I do not know anything about legal scholars, however, if she were an Engineering scholar, based on the ethics we are taught, I would start questioning her academic credentials based on her fudged vita. Though, based on the liberal attitudes on campus today, these type of things would be swept under the table in the bigger name of liberalism or liberal thought.

Mountain out of a molehill??? If she wouldn't have lied on the form, then this would have never been scrutinized...

Now...her ancestors rounded up Cherokee's in Tennessee and also fought the Seminoles in Florida... (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/08/Elizabeth-Warren-Ancestor-Trail-of-Tears) Classic !!! This is a good article summarizing her ancestry.

Yes, classic is a good word for it.

But the most stunning discovery about the life of O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford is that her husband, Ms. Warren's great-great-great grandfather, was apparently a member of the Tennessee Militia who rounded up Cherokees from their family homes in the Southeastern United States and herded them into government-built stockades in what was then called Ross’s Landing (now Chattanooga), Tennessee—the point of origin for the horrific Trail of Tears, which began in January, 1837.

So her family was related to the Cherokee after all. In the "my great grandfather pwned your great grandfather" sort of way. It could only be better if she were actually related to Andrew Jackson.

As a side note, the Trail of Tears play put on in the Smokey Mountains is a must see. Can't remember the town where the out door theater is, but it's awesome good.

KantoSooner
5/9/2012, 08:14 AM
Cherokees go down to like 1/256 don't they? it seems the tribal leaders i have seen look as white as me. i remember talking to a coworker that was Seminole and they only count you if you are full blooded

As I understand it, Cherokees, at least in Oklahoma (there are two other affiliated but separate groups in the Carolinas, I think) go by the ability to draw a line of descent from the Dawes Rolls. If you can, you're eligible. Unless, of course you're a Freedman Cherokee, in which case, well, we changed our mind.

And, yes, my particular sub-clan, the ScotsIrishGermanCherokees are by far and away the largest band in the tribe from the looks of things.

LiveLaughLove
5/9/2012, 09:23 AM
As I understand it, Cherokees, at least in Oklahoma (there are two other affiliated but separate groups in the Carolinas, I think) go by the ability to draw a line of descent from the Dawes Rolls. If you can, you're eligible. Unless, of course you're a Freedman Cherokee, in which case, well, we changed our mind.

And, yes, my particular sub-clan, the ScotsIrishGermanCherokees are by far and away the largest band in the tribe from the looks of things.

Awhile back I went to the Chickasaw hospital in Ada. I had to show my CDIB (certificate of degree of indian blood) card, which says 1/4.

The two girls helping me were obviously full bloods. The one showed it to the other and they were smiling. I thought they were making fun of me. I said I know, only a quarter.

They said we haven't seen a new patient with this much Indian blood in a long time. Usually they are in the hundredths.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/9/2012, 09:32 AM

Hey, my wife and you may be related, she is scotch-irish and her great grandma was a Cherokee. We never researched it, don't know if she was on the roles, but she was Cherokee, and if you saw my FIL, you would say he was Indian (feather not dot).

Maybe my wife should run for Senate in Mass.

Someone should send this link to the press in Mass. They may get some really good questions to ask Fauxcahontas

KantoSooner
5/9/2012, 09:53 AM
Quite seriously, the whole treaty rights thing is utterly missed in New England. During the five years I lived in Mass (school), I heard over and over that the special legal status of tribes was some form of compensation awarded to tribes by the government for past bad treatment. And this from educated adults, many of them professors at institutions such as Harvard, Tufts, Williams and Amherst. Not what you'd call unlettered folk.
In addition to utterly missing the point of residual sovereignty, it is a revealing glimpse into the mindset of people who've been trained to regard the government as the source of all material substance in life. It made me a bit sad that these people were buying into their own marginalization so readily.

LiveLaughLove
5/9/2012, 08:27 PM

Good thing she didn't try to author a book on ethics, huh.

The translation I get from your post is, "shes one of the good guys to me, so...mountain out of a molehill".

I wonder would you feel the same if it were Dick Cheney claiming Indian heritage where there is none.

cleller
5/9/2012, 09:48 PM
The US Government confiscated and/or destroyed a lot from my family in Mississippi 147 years ago, can I have some money now?

Whet
5/9/2012, 11:04 PM
She was originally up for the Obama Consumer Protection Agency head, but the fine folks in Congress would not confirm her. So, the Dems gave her the job to try to win back Killer Ted Kennedy's former Senate seat from the Repub. All the Dems believed she had the Senate seat in hand, but failed to take into consideration her lies about her heritage and the public's negative reaction to her lies.

And, a black mark for Oklahoma, the liar came from Oklahoma.

LiveLaughLove
5/9/2012, 11:19 PM
She was originally up for the Obama Consumer Protection Agency head, but the fine folks in Congress would not confirm her. So, the Dems gave her the job to try to win back Killer Ted Kennedy's former Senate seat from the Repub. All the Dems believed she had the Senate seat in hand, but failed to take into consideration her lies about her heritage and the public's negative reaction to her lies.

And, a black mark for Oklahoma, the liar came from Oklahoma.

Well, when put in that context I guess her ethics are impeccable.

Whet
5/10/2012, 05:06 PM
More on the liar

A second law school, the University of Pennsylvania, has touted Elizabeth Warren as a minority faculty member in an official school publication, according to an online document obtained by the Globe.
The University of Pennsylvania, where Warren taught at the law school from 1987 through 1995, listed her as a minority in a “Minority Equity Report” posted on its website. The report, published in 2005, well after her departure, included her as the winner of a faculty award in 1994. Her name was highlighted in bold, the designation used for minorities in the report.

soonercruiser
5/10/2012, 10:31 PM
More on the liar

Lying while a faculty member at a LAW SCHOOL!
Priceless!
:bi_polo:

hawaii 5-0
5/10/2012, 10:51 PM
Guess some people didn't do their homework.

5-0

TitoMorelli
5/11/2012, 03:37 PM
Logan County Court Clerk becomes part of the story:

The slender thread upon which Elizabeth Warren’s claim that she is 1/32 Cherokee rests—a purported 1894 marriage license application—has been exposed as non-existent. Based on a review of the original marriage records found in the files of the Logan County, Oklahoma Court Clerk’s office in Guthrie, Oklahoma, and the statements of ReJeania Zmek, the Court Clerk of Logan County, Oklahoma, it is likely that the ephemeral 1894 marriage license application never existed.

“In modern times we keep marriage license applications,” she said. “The way they’re issued now, you do the application, then you do the license. We currently do keep records of marriage license applications,” she said, explaining that this practice didn’t begin until around 1950.

When asked specifically if marriage license application documents were created in Logan County in 1894, she said she is almost certain they were not. She added that, when looking at the records of marriages in Logan County, Oklahoma in the 1890s, “if there’s a license and then a certificate I would think the license would be the application as well. That would be my thought. I’m thinking they came in, got a license, got married.”

Ms. Zmek also confirmed that no other news organization had contacted her to date on any national topic or to inquire about the validity of this purported 1894 Logan County, Oklahoma marriage license application or anything related to the 1894 marriage of William J. Crawford.

On May 10, 2012, the Logan County Court Clerk’s offices made a copy of the original May 12, 1894 marriage license and the corresponding May 13, 1894 certificate of marriage of William J Crawford, great-great-grand uncle of Elizabeth Warren, and Mary E. (Long) Wolford (found on Book 2, pages 157 and 158 of the records of 1894 marriages).

The original marriage license does contain a column for the race of the bride and the groom, but both groom William J. Crawford and bride Mary E. (Long) Wolford left the column blank.

MamaMia
5/11/2012, 07:38 PM
Cherokees go down to like 1/256 don't they? it seems the tribal leaders i have seen look as white as me. i remember talking to a coworker that was Seminole and they only count you if you are full bloodedThe Cherokees don't use the blood quantum system. If you have an ancestor who was enrolled that you can prove a linkage to, you qualify for a white card and can receive all the benefits that go along with it at the tax payers expense.

My husband has 3 full blooded Native American grandparents, is 3/4th Native American, and has managed to get through life, obtain his doctorate degree, owns his own dental clinic, and all without accepting any free stuff. Imagine that.

cleller
5/12/2012, 05:09 PM
The Cherokees don't use the blood quantum system. If you have an ancestor who was enrolled that you can prove a linkage to, you qualify for a white card and can receive all the benefits that go along with it at the tax payers expense.

My husband has 3 full blooded Native American grandparents, is 3/4th Native American, and has managed to get through life, obtain his doctorate degree, owns his own dental clinic, and all without accepting any free stuff. Imagine that.

What a ridiculous state of affairs. It seems only logical to take any money the government may be handing out, but the money doesn't fall out of the sky; its taken from other people. If your link is via someone you've never seen or met, and your fraction couldn't be seen on a ruler, quit sticking your hand out.

KantoSooner
5/14/2012, 08:28 AM
How about this for a concept: let the Cherokees decide who's 'Cherokee'. And if, as is the case in the United States, that includes folks who marry in or were given tribal citizenship for other reasons, then so be it. It's up to the tribal government to work out the rules.

As for the money coming from other people, tell ya what, give us back the states of Georgia, Tennesse and North Carolina, fee simple estate with full sovereignty and we'll stop asking for anything from Uncle Sugar.

Have a happy.

C&CDean
5/14/2012, 10:11 AM
Well to be fair, most of the $ the claimants get in Oklahoma comes from all the white losers losing money at the casinos.

Oh, and I couldn't give a flying **** about this yainch. Never heard of her.

KantoSooner
5/14/2012, 10:13 AM
You do need to pay attention to her. She's from the government and she wants to help you.

No, actually, she demands to help you.

soonercruiser
5/14/2012, 10:25 PM
The Cherokees don't use the blood quantum system. If you have an ancestor who was enrolled that you can prove a linkage to, you qualify for a white card and can receive all the benefits that go along with it at the tax payers expense.

Mama!
Tell the hubby we apprteciate his self-sufficiency.
(Son of a coal miner here!)
:surprise:

sappstuf
5/15/2012, 10:15 AM
The Boston Globe corrects/retracts their claim.

Correction: Because of a reporting error, a story in the May 1 Metro section and the accompanying headline incorrectly described the 1894 document that was purported to list Elizabeth Warren’s great-great-great grandmother as a Cherokee. The document, alluded to in a family newsletter found by the New England Historic Genealogical Society, was an application for a marriage license, not the license itself. Neither the society nor the Globe has seen the primary document, whose existence has not been proven.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/15/2012, 12:03 PM
Classic Lame Street Media, the story highlighting the finding she is 1/32 Indian, page 1, the retraction, buried deep in the bowels of the paper...

cleller
5/15/2012, 01:31 PM
You do need to pay attention to her. She's from the government and she wants to help you.

No, actually, she demands to help you.

That describes her pretty well.

Midtowner
5/15/2012, 07:56 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zjWDMDAjNHQ/T7JLNfBYXBI/AAAAAAAAAPY/Yvtp9g0aFMc/s1600/republican-extremist.jpg

Whet
5/15/2012, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptSrcNvJzBQ&feature=youtu.be

okie52
5/15/2012, 08:18 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zjWDMDAjNHQ/T7JLNfBYXBI/AAAAAAAAAPY/Yvtp9g0aFMc/s1600/republican-extremist.jpg

I like that suit...do they have it in a nice tweed?

I Am Right
5/15/2012, 08:55 PM
ELIZABETH WARREN DANCES WITH LIES

May 9, 2012

Elizabeth Warren, who also goes by her Indian name, "Lies on Race Box," is in big heap-um trouble. The earnest, reform-minded liberal running for Senate against Scott Brown, R-Mass., lied about being part-Cherokee to get a job at Harvard.

Harvard took full advantage of Warren's lie, bragging to The Harvard Crimson about her minority status during one of the near-constant student protests over insufficient "diversity" in the faculty. Warren also listed herself as an Indian in law school faculty directories and, just last month, said, "I am very proud of my Native American heritage."

Except, oops, she has no more evidence that she's an Indian than that buffoon out of Colorado, Ward Churchill.

The Boston Globe immediately leapt to Warren's defense, quoting a genealogist who found a marriage license on which Warren's great-great-uncle scribbled that his mother, Warren's great-great-great grandmother, was a Cherokee. This is not part of the official marriage license. (If I scribble "Kenyan" on Obama's birth certificate, does that make it true?)

But let's say it's true. That would make Warren a dotriacontaroon -- 1/32nd Cherokee. That's her claim to affirmative action bonus points? You don't know what it's like to be 1/32nd Cherokee, to never have anyone to talk to, spending so many evenings home alone, wondering if there was some other 1/32nd Cherokee out there, perhaps looking at the same star I was.

Soon, however, the preponderance of the evidence suggested she wasn't even 1/32nd Cherokee. The census records for 1860 list the allegedly Cherokee great-great-great-grandmother, O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford, as "white." Also, Warren's family isn't listed in the Cherokee registry. (Unlike Democrat voter rolls, to be on the Cherokee list, proof is required.)

On the other hand, we have what her son scribbled on his marriage license -- something, by the way, that none of his siblings claimed about their mother.

So now we're down to Warren's reminiscence that her great-aunt used to point to a portrait of her great-great-grandfather and call him an Indian, noting his high cheekbones.

Family lore is not proof. Proof is contemporary documentation, produced under penalty of perjury, such as a census record. My mother told me she found me under a rock, but I don't put that on job applications.

The universities that employed Warren rushed to claim that her fake Indian ancestry had nothing to do with it. They speak with forked tongue, causing heap-um laughter. (Harvard was so desperate for diversity, it made a half-black dilettante president of the Harvard Law Review!)

To grasp what a sin against political correctness this is, consider the Jesuitical debates about blackness regularly engaged in at our universities. About the time Lies on Race Box was getting a job with Harvard as a fake Indian -- valued for her fake hunting and tracking skills -- a debate broke out at Northwestern University law school about whether a potential faculty hire was black enough.

One professor wrote a heated three-page letter to the hiring committee complaining that the recruit "should not be considered a black candidate," explaining, "(n)ot all with dark skins are black," nor should they be considered "black in the U.S. context." (Flash to: My exact position on Obama.)

Warren has defended herself, claiming she did it only so she would be invited to powwows, or what the great white father calls "meetings," saying she hoped "I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something that might happen with people who are like I am."

What on earth does "people who are like I am" mean? Let's invite Elizabeth because she's 1/32nd Cherokee. We really need the 1/32nd Cherokee perspective around here. Maybe she has some old recipes that are 1/32nd Cherokee!

Then, the Warren campaign claimed it was sexist to question Warren about her bald-faced lie: "Once again, the qualifications and ability of a woman are being called into question by Scott Brown ... It's outrageous."

First, Scott Brown has barely mentioned Warren's stinking lie.

But, second, the only people who consider it a "qualification" to be 1/32nd Cherokee are university hiring committees. Possible Warren campaign speech:

"I am a dotriacontaroon American. I want to be a voice for those who are 1/32nd Cherokee, but also 1/32nd Pequot, 1/32nd Mohawk -- basically the senator for all dotriacontaroons. Isn't it time we had a senator who was 1/32nd Cherokee?"

Now it's beginning to look like her ancestors not only did not suffer, but caused the suffering she's getting the benefit of. The great-great-great-grandfather married to the not-Cherokee O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford turns out to have been one of the white enforcers on the brutal Trail of Tears, helping round up Indians from their homes in order to march them to a less desirable part of the country.

What's next?

"Yes, and my other grandfather, Theophilus Connor ..."

BULL CONNOR?

"Yes, but I swear, James Earl Ray is not a BLOOD uncle. We're related only by marriage. At least that's what my cousin John Wayne Gacy used to always tell me."

Warren's lie is outrageous enough to someone like me, who isn't a fan of race-based affirmative action programs. Still, she is a liar, and she stole the credit of someone else's suffering.

For liberals, it should be a mortal sin: Elizabeth Warren cheated on affirmative action.

COPYRIGHT 2012 ANN COULTER

Midtowner
5/15/2012, 09:43 PM
And the war machine goes into high gear over the most horse**** stuff...

okie52
5/15/2012, 09:59 PM

It's always good for a laugh...like Romney the bully.

LiveLaughLove
5/15/2012, 10:05 PM

1. It's funny

2. It speaks to her ethics and you know it

3. Oh wait, she's a liberal. Ethics are for everyone else in their "Dont do as I do, do as I say" world

4. It may cost her the election, so it's not exactly "the most horse**** stuff"

LiveLaughLove
5/15/2012, 10:10 PM

Obviously a Republican suit.

No liberal would be caught dead wearing an American flag.

UN flag, maybe. USSR flag, for sure! Cuban flag, orgasmic! Cuban flag with Che, a multi-million dollar industry!

sappstuf
5/15/2012, 10:15 PM
It's always good for a laugh...like Romney the bully.

Or Seamus the dog..

LiveLaughLove
5/15/2012, 10:19 PM
Or Seamus the dog..

Or his great great grandfather being a polygamist. Bad Romney.

Obama's family are polygamists in much more recent times. Good Obama.

pphilfran
5/16/2012, 09:52 AM

You falsify info on an application and you should be fired....

George O'Leary agrees
Scott Thompson agrees

dwarthog
5/16/2012, 11:18 AM

George O'Leary agrees
Scott Thompson agrees

Well that's that then...

MT will quickly concede the point now that he has been presented with factual examples, given his post of the "Republican Immersion Suit", where those factual things just bounce right off!

okie52
5/16/2012, 11:25 AM
Or Seamus the dog..

Dinner?

soonercruiser
5/16/2012, 09:53 PM

Just like your posts!

soonercruiser
5/16/2012, 09:55 PM
Obviously a Republican suit.

No liberal would be caught dead wearing an American flag.

UN flag, maybe. USSR flag, for sure! Cuban flag, orgasmic! Cuban flag with Che, a multi-million dollar industry!

You go, guy!
:surprise:

cleller
5/16/2012, 10:28 PM
Or Seamus the dog..

Remarkable resemblance to Elizabeth Warren:

http://youtu.be/BdFOgLyk6Qs

Midtowner
5/16/2012, 10:34 PM

George O'Leary agrees
Scott Thompson agrees

You don't know that she didn't know she was NA. Hell, I'm probably NA, but apparently some courthouse burned somewhere or my ancestors didn't want to be associated with Indians. Maybe that's true. That's the family lore. This didn't apparently get her anything special and she, on her own merit is one of the leading scholars in her field because she's that damned smart.

TitoMorelli
5/16/2012, 11:52 PM
You don't know that she didn't know she was NA. Hell, I'm probably NA, but apparently some courthouse burned somewhere or my ancestors didn't want to be associated with Indians. Maybe that's true. That's the family lore. This didn't apparently get her anything special and she, on her own merit is one of the leading scholars in her field because she's that damned smart.

Keep taking up for your fellow ambulance chaser. You don't know that it didn't get her anything special. Several former students are on record as saying that she was marginal as a teacher.

sappstuf
5/17/2012, 04:08 AM
You don't know that she didn't know she was NA. Hell, I'm probably NA, but apparently some courthouse burned somewhere or my ancestors didn't want to be associated with Indians. Maybe that's true. That's the family lore. This didn't apparently get her anything specialand she, on her own merit is one of the leading scholars in her field because she's that damned smart.

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/2/6/8/0/9/6/7/implied-facepalm-54622281723.jpeg

Midtowner
5/17/2012, 06:51 AM
Keep taking up for your fellow ambulance chaser. You don't know that it didn't get her anything special. Several former students are on record as saying that she was marginal as a teacher.

You don't know that it did get her anything special.

And law students complaining about a bad teacher? Really? She's the author of one of the top textbooks on commercial paper. If you're a law student and fail to learn something in class, that's totally your fault. You don't get to blame the teacher. Sounds like those "several former students" are either lying or blaming their incompetence on someone else.

yermom
5/17/2012, 11:06 AM
why is it on her if her relatives lied or didn't have real proof?

did someone analyze her DNA to prove she wasn't?

if your grandmother told you that you were Cherokee would you believe her?

sappstuf
5/17/2012, 11:32 AM
You don't know that it did get her anything special.

And law students complaining about a bad teacher? Really? She's the author of one of the top textbooks on commercial paper. If you're a law student and fail to learn something in class, that's totally your fault. You don't get to blame the teacher. Sounds like those "several former students" are either lying or blaming their incompetence on someone else.

Then please explain why she stopped claiming she was an indian once she was hired on to Harvard in 1995. Did she suddenly stop being indian, or had she just reached the position she wanted?

Midtowner
5/17/2012, 12:18 PM
Then please explain why she stopped claiming she was an indian once she was hired on to Harvard in 1995. Did she suddenly stop being indian, or had she just reached the position she wanted?

You have the same amount of information I do--none.

pphilfran
5/17/2012, 02:01 PM
why is it on her if her relatives lied or didn't have real proof?

did someone analyze her DNA to prove she wasn't?

if your grandmother told you that you were Cherokee would you believe her?

What your grandma tells you would not be deemed appropriate documentation on a job application...

My grandma told me that I was the smarted, best looking person in the world....should I believe her? Can I list that on my resume?

sappstuf
5/17/2012, 07:29 PM
You have the same amount of information I do--none.

That is absurd, we have lots of information. She claimed she checked the box to "meet others like me" and when that didn't happen she stopped checking the box.

No seriously. That is her story, as sad and lame as it is.

Twila Barnes, who is Cherokee, blew that out of the water.

Of course, you say you only “checked the box” in an attempt to meet others like you, but that doesn’t make sense. If one is claiming to be Cherokee and wants to meet other Cherokees, they don’t “check a box” on a job application or in a directory for their profession! They go to where Cherokees are…

http://www.pollysgranddaughter.com/2012/05/letter-to-elizaeth-warren.html

Midtowner
5/17/2012, 08:29 PM
That is absurd, we have lots of information. She claimed she checked the box to "meet others like me" and when that didn't happen she stopped checking the box.

No seriously. That is her story, as sad and lame as it is.

Twila Barnes, who is Cherokee, blew that out of the water.

http://www.pollysgranddaughter.com/2012/05/letter-to-elizaeth-warren.html

Oh well...

Like I said, this is not a big deal unless it persuades lots of voters in Mass. So she checked a box? Okay? She's a great lady and would have my vote if I was a Massachusetts resident.

soonercruiser
5/17/2012, 10:03 PM
What your grandma tells you would not be deemed appropriate documentation on a job application...

My grandma told me that I was the smarted, best looking person in the world....should I believe her? Can I list that on my resume?

Phil!
I've seen you!
Your grandma lied.
:chuncky:

LiveLaughLove
5/17/2012, 10:59 PM
Oh well...

Like I said, this is not a big deal unless it persuades lots of voters in Mass. So she checked a box? Okay? She's a great lady and would have my vote if I was a Massachusetts resident.

Well of course she would have your vote.

Here we have a different standard of what constitutes a "great lady". It doesn't involve lying on your resume. We're just funny about those things.

pphilfran
5/18/2012, 06:03 AM
Phil!
I've seen you!
Your grandma lied.
:chuncky:

I know....that is why I never put it on my resume...

TheHumanAlphabet
5/18/2012, 09:47 AM

If she is so smart, then why did she get herself into this position? Not so smart...

TitoMorelli
5/18/2012, 09:49 AM
dN2FGuYgtlY

cleller
5/18/2012, 10:26 AM
If she is so smart, then why did she get herself into this position? Not so smart...

Good show, Holmes!

Mississippi Sooner
5/18/2012, 10:33 AM
I was born a poor black child.

sappstuf
5/19/2012, 09:55 PM
Heh.

The recipes from “Elizabeth Warren — Cherokee” include a crab dish with tomato mayonnaise. Mrs. Warren’s fictional Cherokee ancestors in Oklahoma were renowned for their ability to spear the fast-moving Oklahoma crab. It’s in the state song: “Ooooooklahoma! Where the crabs come sweepin’ down the plain . . . ” But then the white man came and now the Oklahoma crab is extinct, and at the Cherokee clambakes they have to make do with Mrs. Warren’s traditional Five Tribes recipe for Cherokee Lime Pie.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/25/2012, 09:02 AM
It gets better!!! Now the Boston Globe is reporting that Harvard actively promoted Warren as NA and reported that to the government on federal diversity hiring lists...Harvard was in need of minority faculty and this was fitting the bill, not female, but native american... If I were Brown, I would keep hammering away, then again, Warren is doing his job for him as this all trickles out. She is not to be trusted and I would seriously question her ethics - as saged her supposed acedemic credentials are...:rolleyes:

B Globe story (http://bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/05/24/federal-documents-indicate-harvard-repeatedly-reported-elizabeth-warren-native-american/OZdiCFhjx5CCH3Es0sREHM/story.html)

Sooner_Bob
5/25/2012, 02:48 PM
The BIA now requires proof via birth or death certificates all the way back to the Dawes Roll in order to get your BIA card to prove your ancestry.

She can be proud of her ancestry, but she can't claim it.

I thought the BIA always required the roll number of your ancestor in order to get your CDIB card?

okie52
5/25/2012, 06:32 PM
I thought the BIA always required the roll number of your ancestor in order to get your CDIB card?

I've had the cdib card for about 30 years and I can't really remember what was required back then. My brother just got his cdib and he needed a certified copy of his birth certificate, drivers license and that was about it for the chickasaws....probably because our mom was already the chickasaws records.

texaspokieokie
5/25/2012, 07:19 PM
She is (probly not) 1/32 Cherokee & 31/32 fulla ****.

Midtowner
5/25/2012, 09:15 PM
I have not seen this much butthurt about a Senate candidate in Massachusetts from a bunch of Okie hillbillies ever.

Y'all threatened or something?

Pretty sure our own Tom Coburn just got rebuked by his own party for his involvement in the Ensign affair. Basically tried to cover it up and knew about some pretty inappropriate stuff. Much bigger stuff than a 30+ year old lie or omission or misunderstanding on a job application. Where's the outrage there?

As I thought... political hacks.

SCOUT
5/25/2012, 09:22 PM
I have not seen this much butthurt about a Senate candidate in Massachusetts from a bunch of Okie hillbillies ever.

Pretty sure our own Tom Coburn just got rebuked by his own party for his involvement in the Ensign affair. Basically tried to cover it up and knew about some pretty inappropriate stuff. Much bigger stuff than a 30+ year old lie or omission or misunderstanding on a job application. Where's the outrage there?

I haven't posted in this thread because I don't have a strong opinion about any of it. It does get under my skin though when people do this. In order to satisfy this line of thinking every injustice or disagreement must be mentioned in every post.

I mean seriously, shouldn't we be more concerned with the de-funding of NASA, the lack of a budget, bullying, corn, taxes, China, high heels, and those little gnats that fly around in one big pack?

soonercruiser
5/25/2012, 09:53 PM

Now you sound like Obama and the elitists Mid!
We are encourage strongly not to talk about a Dem lying about their background.
Different set of rules if you are on the left, huh?
Typical!

Midtowner
5/26/2012, 07:57 AM
I haven't posted in this thread because I don't have a strong opinion about any of it. It does get under my skin though when people do this. In order to satisfy this line of thinking every injustice or disagreement must be mentioned in every post.

I mean seriously, shouldn't we be more concerned with the de-funding of NASA, the lack of a budget, bullying, corn, taxes, China, high heels, and those little gnats that fly around in one big pack?

Except both candidates in the Mass. election wouldn't stand a chance here because both are way too liberal.

Now, take our very own senator, much more relevant to Oklahoma. He did some bad stuff. Was censored by his own party. Not a peep.

The cognitive dissonance here is very palpable.

sappstuf
5/26/2012, 09:25 AM
Except both candidates in the Mass. election wouldn't stand a chance here because both are way too liberal.

Now, take our very own senator, much more relevant to Oklahoma. He did some bad stuff. Was censored by his own party. Not a peep.

The cognitive dissonance here is very palpable.

I needed another good chuckle..

The qualified reprimand was for failing to avoid the ban on having former staff-turned-lobbyists meet with officials. It falls short of a censure or criminal violation.

He wasn't censured. It wasn't even an admonition, but a "qualified admonition". Your attempt to make it sound worse, "He did some bad stuff." is fairly humorous.

But if Coburn decides to run for reelection, his competition is free to bring it up.. Probably get laughed at, but they can still bring it up.

cleller
5/27/2012, 08:23 AM
She is (probly not) 1/32 Cherokee & 31/32 fulla ****.

I'm still trying to figure out why ANYONE who inhabits a world of logic and knowledge would choose to identify themselves as belonging to the group that they had the smallest percentage of inclusion in.

For instance, if you were aware that you had 20 relatives from England, 10 from Ireland, and 1 from Scotland, would you call yourself Scottish?

sappstuf
5/27/2012, 10:09 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why ANYONE who inhabits a world of logic and knowledge would choose to identify themselves as belonging to the group that they had the smallest percentage of inclusion in.

For instance, if you were aware that you had 20 relatives from England, 10 from Ireland, and 1 from Scotland, would you call yourself Scottish?

'Would it better my chances of landing a good job if I did?' asks Elizabeth from Massachusetts.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/30/2012, 12:20 PM

Y'all threatened or something?.

I started this thread because:

1. She hails from Norman and is an Okie,
2. She is lauded as the second coming of Obama by the Progressives, really with it and all great enough to try to be the Consumer Czar to tell us what to buy and how to buy it...until that was wisely disposed of...
3. She is followed on Facebook by a friend that lives out of Oklahoma (soon to be back there) as a great political newcomer to slash the evil Brown,
4. Hilarious gotcha moment for her.

okie52
5/30/2012, 12:44 PM
I needed another good chuckle..

He wasn't censured. It wasn't even an admonition, but a "qualified admonition". Your attempt to make it sound worse, "He did some bad stuff." is fairly humorous.

But if Coburn decides to run for reelection, his competition is free to bring it up.. Probably get laughed at, but they can still bring it up.

I thought that was pretty funny too. Coburn is a bad guy.

The shame of it is Coburn is one few that actually has integrity and won't seek an additional term...just like he did after 6 years in the house. That won't register with some who lack the understanding to see its importance, but those that have some political awareness recognize it makes Coburn unbeholding to anyone.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/30/2012, 03:55 PM
Okay, so now a video at some Human Rights forum or something, she is on video saying she was the first lactating woman (or first nursing mom) to pass the bar in NJ? :eek: Where do you find this stat to even vet it?

Man o man... If this were a Republican woman, the press would have her on a pike and parading all the break-ins with this lead...

TitoMorelli
5/30/2012, 04:42 PM
Okay, so now a video at some Human Rights forum or something, she is on video saying she was the first lactating woman (or first nursing mom) to pass the bar in NJ? :eek: Where do you find this stat to even vet it?

Man o man... If this were a Republican woman, the press would have her on a pike and parading all the break-ins with this lead...

I wonder if she'll try to milk that story for personal gain like she did the Cherokee one.

cleller
5/30/2012, 06:03 PM

Here's the nursing mom thing. She's hard to watch. In this it looks like she's looking up to read the balloon box of her own thoughts:

"I'm so wonderful, I'm so wonderful...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0xu_LTt2wJM

okie52
5/30/2012, 07:21 PM
I wonder if she'll try to milk that story for personal gain like she did the Cherokee one.

LOL

TheHumanAlphabet
5/31/2012, 09:20 AM
Now, MoveOn.org is saying they don't have enough money to help her and want everyone to pony up 8 dollars or they will suspend their help to her and other candidates...

OULenexaman
5/31/2012, 10:10 AM

I mean seriously, shouldn't we be more concerned with the de-funding of NASA, the lack of a budget, bullying, corn, taxes, China, high heels, and those little gnats that fly around in one big pack? when gnats form a big pack....that's a damn pesky problem.

sappstuf
5/31/2012, 12:27 PM
Newest update:

Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren acknowledged for the first time late Wednesday night that she told Harvard University and the University of Pennsylvania that she was Native American, but she continued to insist that race played no role in her recruitment.

So her Native American status might still be in the air(doubtful), but not the matter of if she is a liar.

I guess the "Nothing to see here" strategy failed this time..

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/nakedgun.gif

soonercruiser
5/31/2012, 08:14 PM

Yup! Saw the story today....as part of an admission that she did include her claim in college listings.

Next thing you know, the story will change again, and she will be claiming to be the first female lawyer with breasts to pass the bar exam!
(Just curious........breast feeding.....did she borrow the child from someone else???) :beguiled:

cleller
6/1/2012, 12:48 PM
So we've established that she makes claims that are at odds with reality;
She speaks with strange, rapid speech patterns,
She wears funny round spectacles,
Her grandfather had mysteriously high cheekbones,
She moved from Oklahoma to Massachusetts.

She's a witch!

BURN HER!

Chuck Bao
6/1/2012, 01:22 PM
So we've established that she makes claims that are at odds with reality;
She speaks with strange, rapid speech patterns,
She wears funny round spectacles,
Her grandfather had mysteriously high cheekbones,
She moved from Oklahoma to Massachusetts.

She's a witch!

BURN HER!

That's pretty funny, cleller.

I do know several self-identified witches, male and female. So, I think they've come out of the closet without the fear of being burned at the stake. I'm also pretty sure that some Native Americans have a slightly different spiritual take on our place in the world. Would it really matter if you believe or not? Some of them seem to believe it. So if you post "She's a witch", you might get a lot of old pagan religiosity of your ancestors up to only 1,500 years ago and that's out of more than 100,000 years of our upbringing.

cleller
6/2/2012, 08:17 AM
That's pretty funny, cleller.

I do know several self-identified witches, male and female. So, I think they've come out of the closet without the fear of being burned at the stake. I'm also pretty sure that some Native Americans have a slightly different spiritual take on our place in the world. Would it really matter if you believe or not? Some of them seem to believe it. So if you post "She's a witch", you might get a lot of old pagan religiosity of your ancestors up to only 1,500 years ago and that's out of more than 100,000 years of our upbringing.

I was more playing up the scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail - where the woman is falsely (I think) accused of being a witch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

sappstuf
6/22/2012, 11:16 PM
In honor of Massachusetts senatorial candidate Elizabeth Warren’s 63rd birthday, the state’s Republican Party announced Friday that it is giving her a complimentary Ancestry.com account.

That is some funny stuff right there..

Curly Bill
6/22/2012, 11:31 PM
:)

TitoMorelli
7/31/2012, 10:15 PM
Looks like Faux-cahontas finally backed off one of her statements - of course it wasn't her more famous Native American claim.

Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren is copping out of her claim that Wall Street executives are supporting her because she’ll “save capitalism,” saying she made a “silly” gaffe.

“I passed along a comment that was over the top, and it was silly for me to do so,” she told the Herald at a Somerville campaign stop.

Warren had boasted to the National Journal that Wall Street executives have told her: “I want to support your campaign because you will save capitalism.”

Warren’s claim was ridiculed by Republicans and others because she has spent most of her campaign bashing her GOP opponent, Sen. Scott Brown, for being one of Wall Street’s “favorite” senators.

Under questioning by the Herald at the Somerville stop today, Warren immediately backed off her claim, repeatedly saying it was a mistake. She declined to name any Wall Street tycoons who she says made the comment about her saving capitalism.

“It was silly for me to pass along the comment,” she said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view.bg?articleid=1061150001&format=comments#CommentsArea

EnragedOUfan
8/1/2012, 09:20 AM
1/32nd Cherokee blood isn't even worth mentioning in my opinion.......I'm 1/4 Navajo and when I'm around my dad's side of the family, I sometimes feel like an outcast (mainly because I'm the whitest one around, he's a half blood and most of his side of the family are full bloods). 1/32nd won't even qualify you for roll number status....

okie52
8/1/2012, 09:26 AM
1/32nd Cherokee blood isn't even worth mentioning in my opinion.......I'm 1/4 Navajo and when I'm around my dad's side of the family, I sometimes feel like an outcast (mainly because I'm the whitest one around, he's a half blood and most of his side of the family are full bloods). 1/32nd won't even qualify you for roll number status....

My kids all got their roll status with the Chickasaws as 1/32. Free healthcare if they want/need it.

soonercruiser
8/1/2012, 11:16 AM
Looks like Faux-cahontas finally backed off one of her statements - of course it wasn't her more famous Native American claim.

Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren is copping out of her claim that Wall Street executives are supporting her because she’ll “save capitalism,” saying she made a “silly” gaffe.

“I passed along a comment that was over the top, and it was silly for me to do so,” she told the Herald at a Somerville campaign stop.

Warren had boasted to the National Journal that Wall Street executives have told her: “I want to support your campaign because you will save capitalism.”

Warren’s claim was ridiculed by Republicans and others because she has spent most of her campaign bashing her GOP opponent, Sen. Scott Brown, for being one of Wall Street’s “favorite” senators.

Under questioning by the Herald at the Somerville stop today, Warren immediately backed off her claim, repeatedly saying it was a mistake. She declined to name any Wall Street tycoons who she says made the comment about her saving capitalism.

“It was silly for me to pass along the comment,” she said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view.bg?articleid=1061150001&format=comments#CommentsArea

Maybe Wall Streeters just like a "little Cherokee".

Is this the same Liz Warren that is the "Chief" Exec of the CFPB???
But, don't worry. Diver says it all OK!

Listen to her bitch here; and then ask her if we should worry about the "fine print" in the 2,000 pages of the ACA? Duh!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/elizabeth-warren/cfpb-anniversary-consumer-protection_b_1695547.html

Bourbon St Sooner
8/1/2012, 12:43 PM
From cruisers post:

How long it would take you to pay off a $1000 purchase with interest if you paid the minimum monthly payment? They didn't know.

I guess since the gubment schools don't teach math any more we need a whole gubment agency to help people figure this out.

soonercruiser
8/1/2012, 01:18 PM
From cruisers post:

I guess since the gubment schools don't teach math any more we need a whole gubment agency to help people figure this out.

Not from "my post"!
Get with it! Have a strong cup of coffee (not bourbon), and post again!
:beaten:

yermom
8/1/2012, 02:33 PM
From cruisers post:

not enough information to answer the question :)

cleller
10/12/2012, 09:17 PM
I saw an editorial in the WSJ regarding the Warren/Scott Brown debate. Those two can probably put on a better show than our first teamers in the presidential race.

When Warren chided Brown about high costs for college, Brown pointed out that she is paid $350,000/yr at Harvard to teach one class. He also tied her to some big time lobbyists. She sounds more like the people she tries to shame all the time.

How about the Native American claim? No credible evidence has ever been found that any of Warren's ancestors had indian blood. One researcher offered the possibility existed that one distant ancestor may have been some degree of Cherokee, but other records dispute this. This ancestor is listed on census roles in Tennessee in 1830 as white. (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/06/no-credible-evidence-for-warrens-claim-to-native-american-ancestry)

That makes this quote from from Warren sound very dishonest:
“In the 1930s, when my parents got married, these were hard issues,’’ she told the Globe. “My father’s family so objected to my mother’s Native American heritage that my mother told me they had to elope."

Warren paints a picture that her mother was openly regarded as indian, and discriminated because of it. This just cannot be true.