PDA

View Full Version : Not a TX fan but...

badbrad2582
5/7/2012, 11:05 PM
I really believe they have a chance to win 10 games guys. They have WV and TCU at home. And KState is a always a toss up depending which team shows up there. RRR I think will be a lot closer to. Here is my Texas prediction

vs. Wyoming: W
vs. New Mexico: W
@ Ole Miss: W
@ Okie State: W
vs. West V: W (Fans win it) GameDay
vs. Oklahoma: L GameDay
vs. Baylor: W
@ Kansas: W
@ Texas Tech: W
vs. Iowa State: W
vs. TCU: W
@ Kansas State: L

picasso
5/7/2012, 11:20 PM
Yep, all they need is a QB and a defense.

Widescreen
5/7/2012, 11:35 PM
And a new head coach.

badbrad2582
5/7/2012, 11:56 PM
Brown has brought more $$$ to that univ than anyone. He can have 1 more losing season even after the last 2 disappointing ones and still be semi ok. But he cannot have 4.

badbrad2582
5/7/2012, 11:57 PM
Yep, all they need is a QB and a defense.

I think Ash will be pretty good TBH. Good for the Big 12 if they do good. Tired of the SEC crap

yermom
5/8/2012, 02:35 AM
i'm not sure why @Tech is a W

it will be interesting to see how WV looks coming into the Big 12

Curly Bill
5/8/2012, 07:41 AM
I'm wondering how the fans are going to win that West Virginny game? Maybe one of em's gonna come down out of the stands and play QB????

LVSOONER15
5/8/2012, 09:05 AM
I'm wondering how the fans are going to win that West Virginny game? Maybe one of em's gonna come down out of the stands and play QB????

Maybe. I see them them losing at tt and losing to WV as well.

Curly Bill
5/8/2012, 09:08 AM
Maybe. I see them them losing at tt and losing to WV as well.

I see em losing to WV as well, but one of our earlier posters said the fans would win that game. I'm wondering how they're gonna do that???

badger
5/8/2012, 09:09 AM
I see em losing to WV as well, but one of our earlier posters said the fans would win that game. I'm wondering how they're gonna do that???

By coming late and leaving early. The eyes of Texas are upon... I-35's traffic :mack:

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2012, 09:47 AM
I really believe they have a chance to win 10 games guys. They have WV and TCU at home. And KState is a always a toss up depending which team shows up there. RRR I think will be a lot closer to. Here is my Texas prediction

vs. West V: L (Fans win it) GameDay Fans dont wins games brad!
vs. Oklahoma: L GameDay Gameday will not be back to back Texas games...sorry!
vs. TCU: L

FIFY

And the Tech game will be tough for Texas as well.

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2012, 09:49 AM
I think Ash will be pretty good TBH. Good for the Big 12 if they do good. Tired of the SEC crap

Who is he going to throw too?

Look at Texas using Ash much like Bama did McElroy. Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, pass, run, run, run, run, run, run, pass.

OU_Sooners75
5/8/2012, 09:50 AM
Brown has brought more $$$ to that univ than anyone. He can have 1 more losing season even after the last 2 disappointing ones and still be semi ok. But he cannot have 4.

The more and more you post in this thread, the more and more you are looking like a whorn!

yermom
5/8/2012, 10:41 AM
that wasn't exceeding praise for Mack. he just has a pretty long leash. it's going to take a few more non-bowl seasons to get them to turn on him

SoonerNomad
5/8/2012, 10:55 AM
Texas should always think they can win 10 games. Especially in a 12 game season. They have the best defense in the conference (that's like being the prettiest pig in the sty) coming back and they have a returning QB. That may be the problem, whichever QB they land on and it looks like Ash, didn't show enough last year to raise too many expectations of an offensive juggernaut. Combine that with a continued lack of a superstar RB (they have some good ones, just not a great one) and they are easy to defend.

I see them being a littlle better and winning 8 or 9, but that doesn't mean they cannot win 10.

JLEW1818
5/8/2012, 11:51 AM
vs. West V: L
vs. Oklahoma: L
@ Texas Tech: L

MamaMia
5/8/2012, 12:56 PM
Brown has brought more $$$ to that univ than anyone. He can have 1 more losing season even after the last 2 disappointing ones and still be semi ok. But he cannot have 4.This sounds like something a Texas fan would say. Plus, why would you think Gameday would be at the TX/WV game and also at another TX game unless you're some horn with typical ideas of grandeur?

starclassic tama
5/8/2012, 01:01 PM
nothing they have done over the past two seasons indicates a 10 win season is going to happen. i think their ceiling is 9 wins

Seamus
5/8/2012, 01:48 PM
The more and more you post in this thread, the more and more you are looking like a whorn!

http://media.salon.com/2011/05/joel_kinnaman_in_the_killing-460x307.jpg

Oh, snap!

8timechamps
5/8/2012, 04:04 PM
nothing they have done over the past two seasons indicates a 10 win season is going to happen. i think their ceiling is 9 wins

THIS!

Texas still doesn't have a QB. Their defense is their strength, and will keep them in some games...may even win a few, but they don't get to 10 wins without a QB. Offense will continue to be the struggle for Texas in 2012, and while they have a better running game than most, it won't be enough by itself to win 10 games.

PLaw
5/8/2012, 04:24 PM

Or, they could be on a three game losing streak heading into the Cotton Bowl.

Looks like a 7-5 schedule to me.

Salt City Sooner
5/8/2012, 05:59 PM

Don't try telling Texas fans that. KSU has flat owned UT since the inception of the Big 12.

Jacie
5/8/2012, 07:41 PM
The defense alone should be enough to carry them to 10 wins . . .

. . . if all the offense had to do was not lose but . . .

. . . their offense could turn on them, hand the game to an opponent that keeps it close.

10 wins, i will be surprised.

ashley
5/8/2012, 08:34 PM
they have an easy schedule but I am not at all sure about WV. At least I hope they lose.

PalmettoSooner
5/8/2012, 08:44 PM
I see 8 or 9 wins

badbrad2582
5/9/2012, 05:01 PM
I am a sooner through and through. Just try and be realistic as I can be. I love the sport and atmosphere. When I said fans win it, I was referring to them being loud and helping them out. It will be a big game IMO

sendbaht
5/9/2012, 06:41 PM
vs. Wyoming: L
vs. New Mexico: L
@ Ole Miss: L

another murders row....

VA Sooner
5/9/2012, 07:30 PM
Their defense will be up there but they still have a lot to prove on offense first before I buy in. It may happen... but need to see how the QB and the WRs work out or else the two RBs will be working their tails off and that's a set up for injury.

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2012, 01:17 AM
I am a sooner through and through. Just try and be realistic as I can be. I love the sport and atmosphere. When I said fans win it, I was referring to them being loud and helping them out. It will be a big game IMO

Texas would need to have some sort of high powered offense to beat some of those teams you think they will beat.

Their defense looks to be pretty good. But their offense? They still have no QB that is proven...and in fact the one they are starting (ASH) reminds me a whole hell of a lot like Rhett Bomar....he could be that good, but has never shown it.

Then their OL...yeah, that is a big time question mark.

Their WRs? Shipley...that is really all they have, and he is not that good. Maybe by his 6th year (like his bro) he will be.

Their offensive strength in in their RBs, and really only one of them worries me (Malcolm Brown).

If Texas wins 10 games, I will be very surprised.

Loses: West Virginia, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Texas Tech or Oklahoma State (or both).

Statalyzer
5/10/2012, 06:44 PM
Their defense is their strength, and will keep them in some games...may even win a few, but they don't get to 10 wins without a QB.

Texas had the ability to get to 10 wins without a QB last season, but not without a QB, without 3 RBs, and without a WR (note, not saying for sure we win either game without that rash of injuries, just saying, we've got a good chance at both of them). Whether we get it this year might just depend on our bowl matchup - 10-2 regular season is possible but I think 9-3 is more likely.

Their WRs? Shipley...that is really all they have, and he is not that good

He's better than Jordan was at this age, and he was playing at 80 or 90% most of the year. Goodwin is a quality WR too, although I don't think he's consistent enough to be a top guy in the Big 12 with badass WRs all over the place at most schools. But there's not much behind those two ... WRs have been a big weak spot for Texas (the biggest, I'd say, more so than QB, OL, or S) ever since the 2008 season ended.

thecrimsoncrusader
5/10/2012, 07:38 PM
Texas had the ability to get to 10 wins without a QB last season, but not without a QB, without 3 RBs, and without a WR (note, not saying for sure we win either game without that rash of injuries, just saying, we've got a good chance at both of them). Whether we get it this year might just depend on our bowl matchup - 10-2 regular season is possible but I think 9-3 is more likely.

He's better than Jordan was at this age, and he was playing at 80 or 90% most of the year. Goodwin is a quality WR too, although I don't think he's consistent enough to be a top guy in the Big 12 with badass WRs all over the place at most schools. But there's not much behind those two ... WRs have been a big weak spot for Texas (the biggest, I'd say, more so than QB, OL, or S) ever since the 2008 season ended.

Jaxon is only better than Jordan when Jordan wasn't playing due to knee injury.

Ruf/Nek7
5/12/2012, 08:42 AM
vs. West V: L
vs. Oklahoma: L
@ Texas Tech: L
I completely agree with this prediction. A.) The whorns have shown that in the last two years, home games are no longer gimmes. B.) The last two seasons give me any reason to believe they are capable of winning 8+ games especially with the question marks on offense. They won't win by just running all game.