PDA

View Full Version : Murderer's Row Part II

Jacie
5/7/2012, 11:29 AM
Whorns open conference play with a game against state, followed by WVU before going to Dallas.

Forget seeing Gameday at the state fair, sa*et will at best be 3-2 going into that game.

MamaMia
5/7/2012, 02:33 PM
As long as the state fair has Fletchers corn dogs, I'm happy.

budbarrybob
5/7/2012, 02:49 PM
Horns beat little brother in stilly.. they're due

soonerboy_odanorth
5/7/2012, 06:23 PM
Whorns open conference play with a game against state, followed by WVU before going to Dallas.

Forget seeing Gameday at the state fair, sa*et will at best be 3-2 going into that game.

Don't agree. They'll be undefeated. UT could throw a shutout against the LoSuRs. Frosh QB and inexperienced receiving corp and 4 of 5 fresh faces on o-line? And UT will be ok on offense... more than enough for a Bill Young smoke&mirrors defense.

Couldn't be worse for W. Virginy. They'll have UT's full attention in Austin, especially one week in front of the RRR.

With us on the road in Lubbock the week before much higher chance we go into the game with a loss.

OU_Sooners75
5/7/2012, 06:49 PM
Lets see how well Texas will be next year, shall we?

I personally think they will be slightly better than last year though their record may not show it. But who knows. I do think they are getting away from the spread attack on offense and going to a more run oriented offense since they do have some decent OL and RBs.

2012 Texass ShortWhorn schedule.

vs. Wyoming: W
vs. New Mexico: W
@ Ole Miss: W
@ Okie State: W
vs. West Virginia: L
vs. Oklahoma: L
vs. Baylor: W
@ Kansas: W
@ Texas Tech: W
vs. Iowa State: W
vs. TCU: L
@ Kansas State: L

OU_Sooners75
5/7/2012, 06:51 PM
Don't agree. They'll be undefeated. UT could throw a shutout against the LoSuRs. Frosh QB and inexperienced receiving corp and 4 of 5 fresh faces on o-line? And UT will be ok on offense... more than enough for a Bill Young smoke&mirrors defense.

Couldn't be worse for W. Virginy. They'll have UT's full attention in Austin, especially one week in front of the RRR.

With us on the road in Lubbock the week before much higher chance we go into the game with a loss.

We owe Tech big time. OU finally gets that damn Lowbutt curse off their shoulders. OU will be undefeated going into the RRR.

Jacie
5/7/2012, 06:59 PM
Win or lose, i don't think you can characterize a team by what happens in a bowl game. It doesn't really show what the team that got there was like and it is certainly not an indication of what team will take the field the next season. I don't believe the whorns have solved their problems on offense and that is why i think little brother can make it three in a row over them.

BBQ Man
5/7/2012, 09:53 PM
Maybe I'm being naive, but I'm not even looking at the horns. OKState, TCU and WV are so much better teams, I haven't been as concerned about Austin this year.

badbrad2582
5/7/2012, 10:58 PM
vs. Wyoming: W
vs. New Mexico: W
@ Ole Miss: W
@ Okie State: W
vs. West Virginia: W geno chokes
vs. Oklahoma: L close game IMO 1 TD
vs. Baylor: W
@ Kansas: W
@ Texas Tech: W
vs. Iowa State: W
vs. TCU: W defense wins it
@ Kansas State: L

I think they lose only 2 games next year. OU and KState. And KState they could win. Calling it now

Widescreen
5/8/2012, 12:28 AM

At least you're consistent. Although I liked your older tongue in cheek misery posts better.

soonerboy_odanorth
5/8/2012, 09:51 AM
At least you're consistent. Although I liked your older tongue in cheek misery posts better.

I said we have a higher chance... simply because we are on the road in a place that has given us fits, and they are at home (though no one has ever accused them of having this overwhelming home field advantage.) I am NOT predicting that we flat out are going to lose in Lubbock.

Actually, having them on the sched just prior to UT helps us in the same way UT having WVU on the sched prior to RRR helps them. It's all about the focus. And yes, there is a revenge factor... though I am sure Stoops will poo-poo that as having any importance. Neither OU nor UT will be looking ahead this year.

I actually like both of our chances to come into RRR undefeated this year. I think a lot of people are not sufficiently recognizing just how good the Texas defense looks (granted, on paper), and that they were really really young on offense last year, and are likely to make huge strides there this year.

And as far as RRR goes, I think it has a low-scoring 2001 type of game written all over it. But the thing that concerns me about that is that (on paper) Texas might be bringing the better D if it is that sort of game.

KantoSooner
5/8/2012, 10:17 AM
I think Texas will be fragile this year. If they get momentum going, they could be a decent-ish team. But they've had so much 'fail' of late, and they are, after all, UT, that, if they get stung early in the season, they could curl up in the fetal position and pack it in for the year.