PDA

View Full Version : Kameel Jackson transferring to A&M

colleyvillesooner
5/6/2012, 08:58 PM
@Kameeljackson18: Embracing my last week as a Sooner; as I've chose to transfer and further my education and football career at Texas A&M.

WTF!?

colleyvillesooner
5/6/2012, 09:01 PM
Must have got the "your not gonna see the field much w/o injuries" talk after spring ball.

trwxxa
5/6/2012, 09:05 PM
Must have got the "your not gonna see the field much w/o injuries" talk after spring ball.

I'm surprised. Jackson was about the only receiver to show some ballz after Broyles went down.

OU_Sooners75
5/6/2012, 09:06 PM
No, he got the, "you have to go to class more often to see the field," talk before and after spring ball.

OU_Sooners75
5/6/2012, 09:12 PM
I'm surprised. Jackson was about the only receiver to show some ballz after Broyles went down.

Broyles went down against A&M, so here are Jackson's numbers from A&M on:

vs. A&M: 0 rec.
vs. Baylor: 2 rec, 24 yards
vs. Iowa State: 2 rec, 36 yards
vs. OSU: 2 rec, 29 yards
vs. Iowa: 3 rec, 45 yards....

Zero TDs, average catches per game: 1.8 rec, 26.8 yards

I really wouldnt call that showing some ballz.

colleyvillesooner
5/6/2012, 09:14 PM
I think we can find someone to catch 9 balls for no TD's [/Stoops]

nativesooner
5/6/2012, 09:33 PM
none of the WR's showed any balls after RB went down. Hate to see him go but understandable.

trwxxa
5/6/2012, 09:55 PM
none of the WR's showed any balls after RB went down. Hate to see him go but understandable. I suppose this is the more true statement.

LVSOONER15
5/6/2012, 10:02 PM
Wow, I guess he couldn't handle the competition coming in.

pappy
5/6/2012, 10:04 PM
Based on the article on rivals it sounded like he took a look at the new guys coming in at wr and realized he is going to be on the bench and decided to go get playing time else where.

OU_Sooners75
5/6/2012, 10:09 PM
No matter why he left. I wish him nothing but the best.

OU_Sooners75
5/6/2012, 10:11 PM
And it seems he has not even contacted A&M and probably wont even get a scholarship from them.

Weird......Sounds almost like a force out instead of a volunteer leave.

SoonerMarkVA
5/6/2012, 10:13 PM
Too bad. But whatever's best for him, I wish him success. Hopefully this actually is what's best as, so often, transferring ends up being a bust.

Sabanball
5/6/2012, 10:41 PM
A lot of AM people seem to think their O is going to take the SEC by storm, and he probably wants a piece of that action. Once he finds out that our league's lb's are as fast as AM's and Mizzou's rb's, my guess is that he will second-guess this decision.

Roll tide, y'all....

Widescreen
5/6/2012, 10:44 PM
Well, crap. Now my #18 Jason White/Jermaine Gresham/Kameel Jackson jersey has little meaning. I like Michael Hunnicut but who wears an average kicker's jersey?

8timechamps
5/6/2012, 11:08 PM
I think the writing was on the wall for Jackson. From everything I've read/seen, he kinda got shifted into the background after Metoyer joined the program. And the level of talent at WR isn't going down anytime soon with the incoming class.

I thought Kameel had a bright future as a Sooner, but apparently he didn't. Hope he finds a place to get some playing time (A&M or otherwise).

8timechamps
5/6/2012, 11:09 PM
Well, crap. Now my #18 Jason White/Jermaine Gresham/Kameel Jackson jersey has little meaning. I like Michael Hunnicut but who wears an average kicker's jersey?

Well, maybe one of the incoming WR will wear #18...and if not, you'll be the biggest Hunnicut fan in the crowd. :D

picasso
5/6/2012, 11:13 PM
A lot of AM people seem to think their O is going to take the SEC by storm, and he probably wants a piece of that action. Once he finds out that our league's lb's are as fast as AM's and Mizzou's rb's, my guess is that he will second-guess this decision.

Roll tide, y'all....
Wow, you have fast LB's? Never heard of such a thing.

Eielson
5/6/2012, 11:47 PM

Roll tide, y'all....

Cyrus Gray ran a 4.46. Hightower ran a 4.64 and Upshaw ran a 4.79. Let's be real here. Perhaps you meant your LB's were as fast as A&M's quarterback?

colleyvillesooner
5/7/2012, 03:14 AM
Now or of the sooner scoop guys, after talking to his sources, says he is 100% sure A&M won't take him.

@SoonerScoop: I'm 100% certain A&M will not take Jackson. I have no doubt after talking to a source from the other side - for those asking for more.

@SoonerScoop: Source told me Jackson told D'Vante Harris on Thursday he was transferring to A&M, but never discussed it with HC Kevin Sumlin.

@SoonerScoop: Would this be a Twitter first? A college football player announcing they are transferring to a school that won't take them?

LASooner
5/7/2012, 03:43 AM
No, he got the, "you have to go to class more often to see the field," talk before and after spring ball.

So his first thought was to transfer to the SEC and Texas A&M.. I see where you were going with that..

Seamus
5/7/2012, 05:05 AM
[ahmad kabba] I've chose to transfer and further my education and football career at Texas A&M.[/ahmad kabba]

Salt City Sooner
5/7/2012, 05:21 AM
Well, crap. Now my #18 Jason White/Jermaine Gresham/Kameel Jackson jersey has little meaning. I like Michael Hunnicut but who wears a freshman All-American kicker's jersey?
Minor adjustment. We ARE still talking about a kicker though. :D

BigJerm7
5/7/2012, 07:59 AM
Maybe he meant West Texas A&M.

:texan:

Boomer.....
5/7/2012, 08:03 AM
Sounded like he has been in the dog house.

Curly Bill
5/7/2012, 08:23 AM
Maybe he meant West Texas A&M.

:texan:

I like "WT" In fact I'm wearing a West Texas A&M Basketball shirt as we speak.

...but I do seriously have hatred for the real aTm!!!

panhandlesooner
5/7/2012, 09:17 AM
oh my

sooneredaco
5/7/2012, 09:32 AM
Sounds like he kinda deserves to be an Aggie

Curly Bill
5/7/2012, 09:35 AM
Sounds like he kinda deserves to be an Aggie

Doesn't sound like they're gonna let him be one though!

budbarrybob
5/7/2012, 10:52 AM
are we going to see a twitter retraction soon? "my twit acct wuz haxed yo, I be a Sooner for life! Werd."

Soonerjeepman
5/7/2012, 11:27 AM
article I read said he was headed towards academic discipline...sounds like not going to class enough..plus I'm sure with the receivers we have coming in and his production not well with RB down showed him the door. Good luck with where ever he lands.

I will say, after being in HS sports with urban kids (not sure he was from that type of area or not)..and this is a generalization...the inflated egos of these kids is unbelievable. 90% of the guys I coached in HS basketball thought they were good enough to #1 be a major college player and #2 even thought playing professionally (in either sport if they played both) was not out of the question...in fact they pretty much thought they would.

I understand wanting to play after working your butt off in practice but getting a free education from OU outweighs your chances of playing in the NFL...but who am I to say!

crazy...

badger
5/7/2012, 11:39 AM
Athlete: I'm good enough to play in the SEC!
SEC: No you're not.

(SEC lowers football standards and expands with two crappy football programs)

Athlete: NOW I'm good enough to play in the SEC!
SEC: No you're not.
A&M: WAIT! Yes you are! Sign here!
Mizz: WAIT! Sign with me! WITH MEEEEEE!!!!
SEC: Sh!t.

goingoneight
5/7/2012, 12:00 PM
This off-season has taught the CFB world a lot. If you can't cut it as a Sooner, best to shoot for being an aggy.

winout
5/7/2012, 12:10 PM
Possibly trying out for the coveted 12th man jersey?

starclassic tama
5/7/2012, 12:50 PM
Cyrus Gray ran a 4.46. Hightower ran a 4.64 and Upshaw ran a 4.79. Let's be real here. Perhaps you meant your LB's were as fast as A&M's quarterback?haha, never let facts get in the way of...

MamaMia
5/7/2012, 01:22 PM
Oh well. Stuff happens.

SoonerDood
5/7/2012, 04:29 PM
Norvell can't develop or even keep WRs? Color me surprised. :disturbed:

thecrimsoncrusader
5/7/2012, 05:35 PM

Roll tide, y'all....

You must be very proud that the success of the SEC in football is by and large, attributed to being former slave states. I'm the guy that knows what he is talking about. You must be the other guy.

8timechamps
5/7/2012, 07:48 PM
Norvell can't develop or even keep WRs? Color me surprised. :disturbed:

Huh?

Is Norvell going to be "the coach" this year? You know, the one that should be FIRED!!11!11211!

SicEmBaylor
5/7/2012, 07:59 PM
I like "WT" In fact I'm wearing a West Texas A&M Basketball shirt as we speak.

...but I do seriously have hatred for the real aTm!!!
'atta boy.

Neath a Western Sky
5/7/2012, 08:00 PM
You must be very proud that the success of the SEC in football is by and large, attributed to being former slave states. I'm the guy that knows what he is talking about. You must be the other guy.

Not sure what the intent of that comment about the SEC success and former slave states meant. The Big 12, meanwhile...Texas, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, formerly Texas A & M in former slave state Texas...OU, OSU in former Indian Territory, dominated by pro-Confederate/slaveholding Native Americans.

SicEmBaylor
5/7/2012, 08:00 PM
Uh, Oklahoma (Indian Territory) was a slave-holding territory. I'm the guy that knows what he is talking about. You must be the other guy.

picasso
5/7/2012, 08:21 PM
It's so darned funny to hear about these fast LB's in the SEC. I mean ****, OU has never had a fast LB or anything.
Sabanballer would have crapped his pants if he saw Austin Box playing in high school. I saw him hurdle a DE while playing QB, Joe Washington style.

soonerboy_odanorth
5/7/2012, 08:36 PM
It's so darned funny to hear about these fast LB's in the SEC. I mean ****, OU has never had a fast LB or anything.
Sabanballer would have crapped his pants if he saw Austin Box playing in high school. I saw him hurdle a DE while playing QB, Joe Washington style.

Yeah, but you have to admit, watching LBs like Lehman lope around like Quasimodo with an injury to his good leg gives at least a little credence to Sabanballer's comment. :D

picasso
5/7/2012, 08:45 PM
Teddy Lehman couldn't sniff SEC speed.

EatLeadCommie
5/7/2012, 08:47 PM
Lehman was incredibly fast before injury. Maybe the fastest LB Stoops has had.

tulsaoilerfan
5/7/2012, 09:45 PM
I don't get the player fascination with A and M; they haven't been relevant on the National scene since Bear Bryant coached there

BBQ Man
5/7/2012, 10:00 PM
I concede that Sumlin will have A&M's offense going as well as anyone can against those defenses, but A&M already has tons of WRs and WR recruits and many of them are big time players. Seems like he'll have more of a logjam there than he will here. I can see a LB going there to start immediately, but not a WR.

picasso
5/7/2012, 10:54 PM
I was joking.

picasso
5/7/2012, 10:56 PM
btw Commie, I remember you from the old days on Hale's board. I always liked your username!

Seamus
5/8/2012, 03:30 AM
Not sure what the intent of that comment about the SEC success and former slave states meant. The Big 12, meanwhile...Texas, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, formerly Texas A & M in former slave state Texas...OU, OSU in former Indian Territory, dominated by pro-Confederate/slaveholding Native Americans.

I have an argument that is irrefutable:

Phuck texas.

badger
5/8/2012, 07:34 AM
Possibly trying out for the coveted 12th man jersey?

Go to any store in College Station if you want it :rcmad:

soonerboy_odanorth
5/9/2012, 12:00 PM

psst. turn up the dial on your sarcasm filter.

hornswaggled
5/11/2012, 01:31 AM
Smoke it if you got it. A lot of weed grows around Bryan/College Station. Maybe he can get a hit at aTm.

colleyvillesooner
5/11/2012, 06:23 AM
How stupid does he look now? Only transferring cause he had gotten kicked off the team. I'm sure another big time program will be dying to get their hands on this kid.

Widescreen
5/11/2012, 09:39 AM
How stupid does he look now? Only transferring cause he had gotten kicked off the team. I'm sure another big time program will be dying to get their hands on this kid.
You're right, they won't. That's why he said A&M.

BBQ Man
5/11/2012, 10:10 AM
Smoke it if you got it. A lot of weed grows around Bryan/College Station. Maybe he can get a hit at aTm.

Thank goodness it's difficult to find illegal substances in Austin, that mecca of law abiding citizens!

thecrimsoncrusader
5/11/2012, 11:22 AM
Uh, Oklahoma (Indian Territory) was a slave-holding territory. I'm the guy that knows what he is talking about. You must be the other guy.

Oklahoma wasn't a state then genius and that is one territory versus a raft of what were already states in the Old South. I'm still the guy that knows what he is talking about. You must still be the other guy.

thecrimsoncrusader
5/11/2012, 11:22 AM
Not sure what the intent of that comment about the SEC success and former slave states meant.

Population base. Get it yet?

PLaw
5/11/2012, 06:31 PM
I don't get the player fascination with A and M; they haven't been relevant on the National scene since Bear Bryant coached there

Let me spell it out: K E V I N S U M L I N

And, as nutty as the aggies may be, they have some great traditions.

BOOMER

5/11/2012, 06:57 PM
Winout wins. That's clever.