PDA

View Full Version : Left-Wing Norfolk Newspaper Hides Attacks on Its Reporters

soonercruiser
5/2/2012, 11:05 PM
So, here we go again with another black mob attacking whities!
If it were the reverse, it would be all over the Lame-Stream media.
Of course, the newspaper's editor is defensive as to why the story was hidden for two weeks.
**But, the female made a frantic 911 call! (Described as hysterical at the scene by the police officer) And, the reporters missed a week's work!

Why wasn't it openly reported?
Why did it finally come out weeks later?

Norfolk needs a civil conversation
http://hamptonroads.com/2012/05/norfolk-needs-civil-conversation

The Virginian-Pilot
© May 3, 2012
Two Virginian-Pilot reporters were attacked last month at a downtown Norfolk intersection after someone threw a rock at their car window.

Reporters Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami told police that about 100 young people were on the sidewalk that Saturday night when they stopped at a red light at Church Street and Brambleton Avenue.

When Forster stepped out of his car to confront the rock-thrower, Rostami said teenagers swarmed the vehicle and punched, kicked and beat them — an attack that police have labeled a simple assault.

We can argue about whether police should have been more vigorous initially in pursuing the crime.

We can argue about whether The Pilot’s news department, which is run independently of the opinion section, should have diverged from its general practice of not reporting crimes classified by police as simple assaults.

Pilot reporter speaks out about assault

Anne McNamara
NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) - Questions are being raised about the way Norfolk police responded to an alleged attack on two local newspaper reporters.

According to the police report, obtained by WAVY.com, the attack happened on Saturday, April 14 at 11 p.m. It states that David Forster, 31, and his colleague, Marjon Rostami, 26, were driving home from the Attucks Theatre, when they came to a stoplight at the intersection of Church Street and Brambleton Avenue in downtown Norfolk.

Forster tells WAVY.com he noticed a large crowd in the area.

"There was this huge crowd of young people," said Forster. "Best guess is 100 [people], could have been more, maybe a little less, but it was a long line of people like some big event had just gotten out."

Forster says someone in the crowd threw a rock at the vehicle.

Rostami told police she believed the rock was thrown because the suspect saw her lock her door as a large group of young black males passed by the car.

Forster decided to get out and address the situation. He regrets it, now.

"The first punch was like square right in the nose," said Forster.

Others in the crowd joined in. Rostami later told Forster groups of young men took turns punching and kicking him before rotating through the crowd, so others could get a turn.

"I'm just absorbing the blows, being like 'I'm okay. Alright I can get back inside,' but there was a moment where I'm surrounded and getting punched and I'm thinking 'This is getting really bad.'"

Rostami tried to help pull him back inside the vehicle, but when she did, the mob turned on her, striking her four or five times in the face and head, according to the police report.

When Forster was eventually able to get back in the vehicle, they locked the doors. The crowd began to disperse, according to the police report.

Forster says two Norfolk police officers responded to the scene after the crowd cleared. But Forster and especially Rostami, left disappointed at how they were treated by the officers.

Forster and Rostami say police did not interview witnesses, even though some stood by to help prove their story. Forster says at one point an officer spoke harshly to Rostami.

"She was hysterical," he said. "She was trying to get her breath, but, at one point, the officer told her to 'Shut up and get in the car.'"

There were two officers on the scene. One of them stayed at the scene, according to Forster, but the other left the scene to answer another call. The officer took the initial report for the assault, then gave the victims his card and told them to call him later to complete it, Norfolk Police spokesman Chris Amos said.
http://www.fox43tv.com/dpps/news/local/norfolk/reporter-assaulted-by-crowd-speaks-out_4157872

Norfolk News and Weather
Pilot: 'Paper stands by our handling of attack on two staff members' .
http://www.wvec.com/my-city/norfolk/Norfolk-police-search-for-group-that-attacked-newspaper-reporters-149724875.html

NORFOLK -- Police are looking for a group of teenagers that allegedly attacked 2 people who work for The Virginian-Pilot.

Saturday, April 14, newspaper reporters Marjon Rostami and Dave Forster were stopped at a red light on Church Street at Brambleton Avenue. First, someone reportedly threw a rock at their car. Then Forster was punched in the face several times, and Rostami was hit in the head, cheek, and eye when she tried to pull her colleague and friend back inside.

Rostami estimates there were as many as 30 people in the immediate area around Forster's car. About 5 actually were involved in the attack.

This week, editorial writer Michelle Washington offered an opinion piece about the case, which the Pilot did not cover as news. Included in it was criticism about the way in which Norfolk police officers classified the incident and handled the attacks.

As WND reported yesterday, the couple was pummeled at a stoplight the night of April 14 by dozens of black teens, and the newspaper had no mention of the incident for two weeks, despite the fact the victims, Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami, are both news reporters for the paper.

Police classified the case as a “simple assault,” as neither of the victims were seriously hurt. Both were off work for a week. Forster’s torso ached from blows to his ribs, and he retained a thumb-sized bump on his head.

Chris Amos, spokesman for Norfolk Police stressed this afternoon the case “is not being investigated as a hate crime.”

“Could it have been [a hate crime]? Yeah, it could have, I guess,” Amos said. “We certainly haven’t ruled that out, but we haven’t seen anything that jumps out at us other than someone throwing a rock at someone’s car.”

“A whole lot of racial implications have been made. We don’t know the motive of this. Race didn’t become a factor until Twitter comments later. No one at the scene said it was racially motivated. They didn’t tell us then and they didn’t hear any [comments such as] ‘Remember Trayvon Martin.’”
http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/norfolk-paper-fires-back-in-black-mob-attack/

diverdog
5/3/2012, 03:29 AM
Wow what were a 100 teens doing that night? That is an awful lot of kids roaming the street on a school night.

There are lot of racist in the black community and it is time that we as a society confront this as we do white racism.

soonercruiser
5/3/2012, 10:29 AM
The Coming Insurrection paints a pretty bleak picture of what is in the minds of the "Occupy" and anarchist crowd in Eurpoe.
The recent fueling of the fires by the media, Jesse, and Al "Not-So" (with Soros backing) is meant to bring this to America.
It's gonna be an "interesting" summer & fall!

OULenexaman
5/3/2012, 11:00 AM
Just like the guy they named streets and schools and made a national holiday for.....he was pretty good at organizing racial riots.

C&CDean
5/3/2012, 12:28 PM
sigh - it's only news if whitey does it. Racism and "hate-crime" is strictly a one-way street. Everybody knows that. Meh.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/3/2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah, not a good thing all around...

cleller
5/3/2012, 10:00 PM
So here's the situation:

The reporters see a large group of black males, and lock the doors to their car. Why? You'll have to ask them, or examine the reasons for yourself.

The crowd then becomes angry and attacks. Why? Again, you'll have to examine the facts based on your life experience and reach a conclusion.

The end result is that these reporters were attacked, most likely along racial lines. Its unacceptable, and as comtemptable as any race based crime. It will not garner the attention and zeal it should though, because the suspects are not white. That's wrong. A crime committed based on race should be just as bad and outrageous regardless which race is dispensing the violence.

The news media in this country are mostly a bunch of two faced gutless hypocrites, out for an easy, sensational story to get themselves ahead. They feel all-powerful when going after the old establishment, but don't have the backbone to to shine a light on the whole spectrum of those who merge hate and violence. How many reporters do you think dream of a great story about white cops oppressing black kids, then hit that door lock when they see those same black kids?

It all works out the same, they're still blaming the cops.

diverdog
5/4/2012, 06:26 AM
Out of curiosity how do we know this is a left wing newspaper?

OULenexaman
5/4/2012, 07:03 AM
which one isn't?

TheHumanAlphabet
5/4/2012, 10:02 AM
which one isn't?

^^^^ Spek!

soonercruiser
5/4/2012, 10:36 PM
Out of curiosity how do we know this is a left wing newspaper?

Diver,
Do your own research.
I have only heard what the "talking heads" are saying.

diverdog
5/6/2012, 03:33 PM
Diver,
Do your own research.
I have only heard what the "talking heads" are saying.

You puy it out there so back it up.

SicEmBaylor
5/6/2012, 04:25 PM
Just like the guy they named streets and schools and made a national holiday for.....he was pretty good at organizing racial riots.
This.

OU_Sooners75
5/6/2012, 07:40 PM
You puy it out there so back it up.

Quit being a lazyassed liberal turd and do some research! :panda:

Chuck Bao
5/6/2012, 08:42 PM
I take umbrage of some posts in this thread. I don't think we are getting the full story on the alleged assault. I don't know what the full story is but I can smell BS because I was raised on a farm and that wasn't yesterday. It is incredible stupid to think that any newspaper would sit on a story of an attack on its reporters if there weren't some mitigating circumstances.

I really lament the decline in journalistic standards over the last 20 years. Okay, we do have brave war and uprising correspondents covering Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria and Egypt, literally putting themselves in harms way. Kudos for that. With that being said, the standard has declined so fast and the only culprit is the internet and cable TV news and news that has to be fast without the quality and accuracy. To compete today means a pretty bad spin to appeal and that has no place in journalist integrity.

diverdog
5/7/2012, 12:39 PM
Quit being a lazyassed liberal turd and do some research! :panda:

Geez if you guys would pay your taxes so I can get my welfare check I would be able to pay my electric bill so I can surf the net.

pphilfran
5/7/2012, 12:53 PM
I agree with diver...you post it...if asked you should supply supporting evidence...

Curly Bill
5/7/2012, 01:00 PM
I agree with diver...you post it...if asked you should supply supporting evidence...

Evidence? This is a message board!

pphilfran
5/7/2012, 01:02 PM

True....but Cruiser usually has the info at his fingertips...

Midtowner
5/7/2012, 01:08 PM

The lack of willingness to post supporting evidence goes to the poster's credibility.

pphilfran
5/7/2012, 01:12 PM
Credibility? Here? lol

Curly Bill
5/7/2012, 01:14 PM
Some folks take this message board carp way too serious! Makes me laugh!

Whet
5/7/2012, 07:30 PM
FOX interviewed the editor of the paper that kept the black on white crime quite. He said he didn't think it was newsworthy, when asked why a black mob attacking a white couple was not covered in his newspaper. The editor said he didn't know if it was racially motivated, or not, because he did not have anyone investigate or report.

SicEmBaylor
5/7/2012, 07:36 PM
Some folks take this message board carp way too serious! Makes me laugh!
I take my carp very very seriously.
http://fish.dnr.cornell.edu/nyfish/Cyprinidae/common_carp.jpg

soonercruiser
5/7/2012, 08:55 PM
So seriously, that you couldn't post a real carp picture!
Like, one you caught yourself.

soonercruiser
5/7/2012, 10:55 PM
Latest Update....

This story was coverd on FOX this evening also.
Reporters file complaint against police
http://www.wavy.com/

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2012, 12:46 AM
So seriously, that you couldn't post a real carp picture!
Like, one you caught yourself.
I would rather slowly bludgeon myself to death with the blunt end of a tea spoon than go fishing.

diverdog
5/8/2012, 05:54 AM
I would rather slowly bludgeon myself to death with the blunt end of a tea spoon than go fishing.

You just lost your man card.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2012, 10:42 AM
You just lost your man card.

I thought it was taken a long time ago based on his dating prowess... ;)