PDA

View Full Version : DOCTORS SAY "NO" TO OBAMACARE

soonercruiser
5/2/2012, 09:52 PM
Remember the Demoncratic TV commercial with granny being pushed over the cliff?
Here is the antithesis...a doctor's opinion!

PJ-p29xEM0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PJ-p29xEM0s

diverdog
5/3/2012, 03:31 AM
Remember the Demoncratic TV commercial with granny being pushed over the cliff?
Here is the antithesis...a doctor's opinion!

PJ-p29xEM0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PJ-p29xEM0s

Doctors don't like the current system either.

OULenexaman
5/3/2012, 08:55 AM
Not true.....I asked my Doctor I had in Chicago who is a straight shooter and all he would say about obamacare was "I will be retireing a few years earlier now."

TheHumanAlphabet
5/3/2012, 09:26 AM
Same thing was told to me and my wife from her mother's pulmonologist. No love for O'Bummer or O'Bummercare...

This from a highly respected and loved physician from OKC.

soonercruiser
5/3/2012, 10:23 AM

But, doctors know that government run healthcare isn't good - especially for the patient!

REDREX
5/3/2012, 10:32 AM
Every Doc I know is unhappy with Obamacare

diverdog
5/3/2012, 10:52 AM
Every Doc I know is unhappy with Obamacare

And every doctor I know hates the current system. Of course none of you asked them about dealing with the insurance companies.

OULenexaman
5/3/2012, 10:55 AM
And every doctor I know hates the current system. Of course none of you asked them about dealing with the insurance companies. So you go to a free clinic I guess.

sooner_born_1960
5/3/2012, 11:04 AM
Calling OUDoc.

REDREX
5/3/2012, 11:06 AM
And every doctor I know hates the current system. Of course none of you asked them about dealing with the insurance companies.---They do all hate Medicare if that is the insurance system you are talking about

hawaii 5-0
5/3/2012, 11:12 AM
The one's I've talked to aren't happy with the current system or ObamaCare (formerly RomneyCare).

Most cite decreased reinbursements and lack of tort reform. Most pay more malpractice insurance than I make in a year.

5-0

diverdog
5/3/2012, 12:52 PM
---They do all hate Medicare if that is the insurance system you are talking about

No they hate them all, especially managed care. The amount of claims paperwork they do is off the charts.

Chuck Bao
5/3/2012, 07:52 PM
Of course, the vast majority of doctors are against changing the status quo.

I think I asked this question before and I don't remember the answer. If malpractice lawsuits are down substantially, why haven't malpractice insurance fallen and doctor bills fallen? My lawyer friends say that it is very hard to win a malpractice suit in Oklahoma or Texas now without proof of blatant medical malpractice. I guess doctors are still trying to cover their asses with a lot of unnecessary tests. But, there has to be a tipping point somewhere.

East Coast Bias
5/4/2012, 09:26 AM
Of course, the vast majority of doctors are against changing the status quo.

I think I asked this question before and I don't remember the answer. If malpractice lawsuits are down substantially, why haven't malpractice insurance fallen and doctor bills fallen? My lawyer friends say that it is very hard to win a malpractice suit in Oklahoma or Texas now without proof of blatant medical malpractice. I guess doctors are still trying to cover their asses with a lot of unnecessary tests. But, there has to be a tipping point somewhere.

The truth lies here ^. I golf with a group of 20 doctors every Wednesday. Almost without exception they are comfortable with the current system and how it works for them. They have gotten pretty good at setting up their business as corporations and are adept at working the insurance pay outs.Medical treatment in this country is still the best for those with money or good insurance.....

KantoSooner
5/4/2012, 09:37 AM
Without reference to the system, a compound annual increase in cost of over 10% for over two generations indicates something is severely out of whack. At this pace, 'healthcare' will occupy nearly 100% of our entire economy by 2050. No military, no food, no housing, no clothing, no entertainment, no transportation. Just slave away and then turn it over to the nice lady sitting behind the sliding glass window.
A focus on what is driving costs is urgently needed.

AlboSooner
5/4/2012, 11:52 AM
I always chuckle at the claim that if Obamacare passed, people would wait to see doctors. I chuckle because that has been the case for a long time.

We need to get it together. Our culture tends to fix the symptom and not the problem. When faced with a human problem, we try to solve it with technology. The problem starts with every American who has ignored every common sense when it comes to eating, and expects medicine to keep him alive, and expect thwe government to keep him alive. Let's start eating healthy, being healthy, reading healthy, being involved in politics healthy, and then pass this or that law.

achiro
5/4/2012, 12:16 PM
No but Obamacare would be even worse. Basically, you are taking some of the worst parts of Medicare and putting everyone on it.

hawaii 5-0
5/4/2012, 09:41 PM
There seems to be a growing trend where the Hospitals hire the Doctors and pay them a salary, benefits, etc.

5-0

soonercruiser
5/4/2012, 10:27 PM
Diver,
I have dealth with insurance companies for many years!
Thank GOD, I have not had to deal with the government (Medicare) very much.

soonercruiser
5/4/2012, 10:30 PM
Sorry Cuck!
"It ain't so"!
Most all the docs I know wanted "change". But, they didn't want the government to run things either.
And, they wanterd the Demoncrats to get off their a*** and pass tort reform, #1!