PDA

View Full Version : The Mountain (mtn) is going off the air

bluedogok
5/1/2012, 08:43 PM
I received an email from Directv today about the Mountain West network closing up shop. It seems losing the high profile teams has hurt their ability to continue. I still don't see how individual team networks like LHN are really going to be that successful unless they offer it to distributors for free.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for being a loyal DIRECTV customer. We appreciate your business and would like to provide an important update regarding your DIRECTV® programming.

Effective May 31, 2012, The Mtn. Network (Ch. 616), a sports network that broadcasts Mountain West Conference collegiate sports, will cease operations and end the broadcasting of their channel. This means the channel will not be available from any television provider, including DIRECTV and its competitors. The Mtn. Network channel is part of DIRECTV SPORTS PACK.

If you would like to continue seeing Mountain West Conference sports in the future, tune to CBS Sports Network (CBS SN) on Channel 613. CBS SN has the rights to some Mountain West Conference broadcasts. Additional televised athletic events from the conference have yet to be determined for the 2012-13 athletic seasons. Please check your program listings at directv.com for times and channels as those events are scheduled in the coming months.

Thank you for your time and for being a valued member of the DIRECTV family.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

LVSOONER15
5/1/2012, 08:46 PM
Hopefully they keep most of the Lobo B-Ball games.

8timechamps
5/1/2012, 11:09 PM
I actually watched the mtn. during football season. I'm a college football junkie, so I could always count on the mtn. to have a late, late SDSU game on Saturday night (and sometimes even Hawaii).

Otherwise, I can't say that I watched it much. Sometimes they covered some local stuff, but not much.

bluedogok
5/1/2012, 11:27 PM
I actually watched the mtn. during football season. I'm a college football junkie, so I could always count on the mtn. to have a late, late SDSU game on Saturday night (and sometimes even Hawaii).

Otherwise, I can't say that I watched it much. Sometimes they covered some local stuff, but not much.
Pretty much about the same or one of the Fox west coast feeds for the late, late game.

8timechamps
5/1/2012, 11:34 PM
Pretty much about the same or one of the Fox west coast feeds for the late, late game.

FCS West is a good go-to network for late games...or is it FCS Pacific...can't remember at this moment. Anyway, I watch CBS College Sports more than ESPN during the season. They do not hide their love affair with the SEC, but they aren't going to back away from the tough stories in the SEC because of it. Whichever game carries the Sooners, I'm on that network, then usually back to internet radio to hear the post-game stuff.

NMSooner'80
5/1/2012, 11:57 PM
Two things I'll miss about the Mountain will be Natalie Vickers (reporter and part-time anchor for the Mountain, who was also once a Dolphins' cheerleader).

http://www.dbtlatino.com/actors/female/images/Natalie_AngelVickers.jpg

LASooner
5/2/2012, 12:42 AM
I received an email from Directv today about the Mountain West network closing up shop.

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsD/4650-18510.gif

"There was one?"

badger
5/2/2012, 08:40 AM
so long and thx for all the fish

King Crimson
5/2/2012, 09:54 AM
i've always liked following the MWC as a secondary interest here in Colorado. some nice rivalries along the Front Range but losing Utah and TCU (gave some national respect but no real history) was a tough blow for the old, original WAC teams.

kind of like watching mid major type college sports these days, but didn't live or die with the MTN much.

BBQ Man
5/2/2012, 12:50 PM
Anytime we have less college football on tv, the world is a sadder place.