PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Green transfer

badbrad2582
4/30/2012, 10:44 PM
We need to push to get this kid at RB it would solidify us for quite a few years at that position. 2011 5 star running back transfer from Nebraska. I know we're going to be deep there with JUCO and our 2013 recruits but we could use 1 more good back.

Salt City Sooner
5/1/2012, 07:23 AM
Deep is pretty much a huge understatement. By the time he gets eligible to play, OU will have in it's backfield:

Da. Williams
Dz. Williams
Clay
Finch
Ross
Smith
Bryant
Ford

& I haven't even mentioned anything that Millard might do from those 1 back sets that they started using him in a bit more frequently last year. Nothing against Green, but I'll pass; there's more pressing needs elsewhere. Word from the Husker sites that I've seen is that he's already down to TCU & Baylor anyway.

onlinewsky
5/3/2012, 02:39 AM
n/m

Seamus
5/3/2012, 02:47 AM
I'm not sure, but I think that post might be fail.

LASooner
5/3/2012, 03:50 AM
http://nononprofitspam.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/markasspam.jpg

LVSOONER15
5/3/2012, 07:00 AM
I'm not sure, but I think that post might be fail.

What the hell was that all about? I stop reading after the first three words.

PLaw
5/3/2012, 08:25 PM
Deep is pretty much a huge understatement. By the time he gets eligible to play, OU will have in it's backfield:

Da. Williams
Dz. Williams
Clay
Finch
Ross
Smith
Bryant
Ford

& I haven't even mentioned anything that Millard might do from those 1 back sets that they started using him in a bit more frequently last year. Nothing against Green, but I'll pass; there's more pressing needs elsewhere. Word from the Husker sites that I've seen is that he's already down to TCU & Baylor anyway.

I'm just not sold on the productivity of Finch or Clay. Good kids, good teammates, but there aren't anywhere in the air of Q, AD, and or DM.

I say bring him on - only downside is possibly Ford or Bryant decommit.

BOOM

Dan Thompson
5/3/2012, 08:49 PM
This sets up the new, undisclosed, 4 RB formation. This puts the Belldozer to same.

soonerboy_odanorth
5/3/2012, 09:12 PM
We need to push to get this kid at RB it would solidify us for quite a few years at that position..

Why? Based on what evidence? We really desperate for an 8 yds per game RB? He was their number 4 back... in a predominantly running offense. You think we're so bad off right now that we need to start picking up other program's scraps? Don't you think 8 scholie RBs PLUS 3 scholie fullbacks is tying up enough of an 85 scholie limit? You want to have a line to block for them?

Good on the kid if he wants to be a Sooner. Bad on us if we start playing the part of Sam Houston State and give away scholies to guys who couldn't break 3rd string of an FBS roster.

I will never understand folks who get enamored with other programs' cast-offs.

We ain't Kansas.

8timechamps
5/3/2012, 09:46 PM
I'm all for having a stable of backs since you never know how injuries are going to effect you (see last year), and if this kid wants to try for a walk-on spot, c'mon on down. But, looking into this a little more, I found this quote from his dad about why he is leaving Nebraska:

"He wasn't happy," Tony Green said. "He didn't feel that he fit into the system. He wants to get closer to home."

If he's not happy because he doesn't "fit the system" at Nebraska, how in the hell is going to fit the OU system?

There's no chance the Sooners are going to use another scholarship at RB for this class. I don't think they really thought they were going to end up with two RBs in this class. Looks like the focus is now on the defense (with a WR and TE in the mix).

badbrad2582
5/3/2012, 10:23 PM
Either way I think we can always use an explosive back

OU_Sooners75
5/3/2012, 11:58 PM
Do you know this kid personally or something?

OU will not be going after another RB unless it is a true fullback or if either Ford or Bryant flip and commit elsewhere. While the latter is always possible, I would say it is highly unlikely.

Bryant is still getting recruited heavily by USC, but all other programs have really backed off him after he committed to OU. So I hope the coaches keep on Bryant.

Regardless, both Ford and Bryant are every bit as explosive as Green is. So there really is no need to go after him at this point in time. So you may as well get the idea out of your head.

Curly Bill
5/4/2012, 07:44 AM
Do you know this kid personally or something?

OU will not be going after another RB unless it is a true fullback or if either Ford or Bryant flip and commit elsewhere. While the latter is always possible, I would say it is highly unlikely.

Bryant is still getting recruited heavily by USC, but all other programs have really backed off him after he committed to OU. So I hope the coaches keep on Bryant.

Regardless, both Ford and Bryant are every bit as explosive as Green is. So there really is no need to go after him at this point in time. So you may as well get the idea out of your head.

You sound like you've been with ST breaking down film.

badbrad2582
5/4/2012, 09:18 AM
Sounds like that guy is a rude *******.

OU_Sooners75
5/4/2012, 12:01 PM
You sound like you've been with ST breaking down film.

You sound jealous. :loyal:

OU_Sooners75
5/4/2012, 12:02 PM
Sounds like that guy is a rude *******.

Its not being rude dip****...its called reality and knowing and not living in a pipe dream.

texaspokieokie
5/12/2012, 10:10 AM
according to today's DMN, he's going to TCVU.