PDA

View Full Version : Bands/Musicians currently living and together you'd travel to see?

Lott's Bandana
4/30/2012, 06:20 PM
Travel = a stay overnight by flying or driving in order to see their show and it is the primary reason for the travel.

Joe Bonamassa

Rush (already have)

Peter Gabriel

Beastie Boys

B.B. King (already have)

Frozen Sooner
4/30/2012, 06:33 PM
The Alabama Shakes (seriously, they're fantastic)
Todd Snider
Reckless Kelly
U2

olevetonahill
4/30/2012, 06:42 PM
Caint think of any Id go see even if they was in the Wister city park

GDC
4/30/2012, 06:45 PM
Rush is about the only band I will travel for. Today I got my tickets to see them in Vegas in November.

SunnySooner
4/30/2012, 07:51 PM
Mumford and Sons, preferably with Old Crow Medicine Show, and some band I never heard of, but they think is cool. I WILL see them at some point. Don't know when, don't know where, but it's gonna happen. It's on my really short bucket list.

fadada1
4/30/2012, 07:57 PM
RUSH - heading to Philly this summer. Maybe get the old man to go with.
Saw Steely Dan last year - very good show.
Bruce and E Street - also in Philly again this summer (at Philly's stadium) - hoping to get tix.

OULenexaman
5/1/2012, 11:52 AM
Aubrey O'Day

Seamus
5/1/2012, 12:08 PM
Flogging Molly.

Seen them 21 times, spread over three states.

delhalew
5/2/2012, 01:33 PM
Drive-by Truckers
Jason Isbell
Black Keys
Jack White(<froze>touring with Alabama Shakes<froze>)
Scott H. Biram

SoonerAtKU
5/2/2012, 03:15 PM
Afghan Whigs have reunited somewhat, so I hope they tour.
Refused are playing in Chicago later this summer, so maybe!
I've never seen AC/DC live, that would be fun.
Man or Astroman
Murder City Devils
Ummm...Flaming Lips?

Lott's Bandana
5/2/2012, 03:18 PM
I saw Murder City Devils at Sasquatch two years ago and was rather disappointed. I wanted to see them as I had (at the time) just heard some of their music, but at Sasquatch they simply didn't fit. I suppose with that name, it should be no surprise they were pretty much azzholes and not particularly entertaining. Having said that, to each his own, right?

delhalew
5/2/2012, 03:35 PM
Afghan Whigs have reunited somewhat, so I hope they tour.
Refused are playing in Chicago later this summer, so maybe!
I've never seen AC/DC live, that would be fun.
Man or Astroman
Murder City Devils
Ummm...Flaming Lips?

I saw AC/DC twenty something years ago, but by all accounts, AC/DC as geezers are more energetic than most bands.

No matter what album they are touring for, The Flaming Lips are a spectacular show. While not my favorite band, The Soft Bulletin show is the best show I've seen, and that includes all my favorite groups and easily a couple hundred others. Everyone who went to that show left in a different mindset than they arrived with.

KantoSooner
5/2/2012, 03:41 PM
Lou Reed

Chuck Bao
5/2/2012, 03:52 PM
Lady Gaga's "Born This Way Ball" tour is in Bangkok on May 25. I am thinking about going just because of the outrageousness of it all. Besides that, Bangkok is normally not on the international tour circuit of any well-known band/singer until their music career has passed by 10-20 years. So kudos to Lady Gaga. On the other hand, I'd have to travel to the other side of Bangkok and that's a very long way.

SoonerAtKU
5/2/2012, 03:54 PM
I've only seen MCD once, and it was years ago before they broke up the first time. We drove down to Dallas to see them, they were great, but because the openers played too long, they had to cut their set short. Bummer.

I have no idea what they're like live these days, it's been maybe 10 years.

KantoSooner
5/2/2012, 04:01 PM
Chuck, just hire a tuk-tuk, go way early and bring a bottle of bourbon. It helps to while away the time.

OULenexaman
5/3/2012, 08:07 AM
Aubrey O'Day On a more serious note......Jeff Beck.

Jammin'
5/3/2012, 02:16 PM
The Rolling Stones.

I do travel and spend the night to see bands quite often but I understand what you're after. Stayed in Tulsa last weekend for the Black Keys, a month ago in Dallas for Radiohead.

But I will spend big money, hopefully next year, to see the Stones a few times.

nighttrain12
5/4/2012, 12:32 AM
Wilson Phillips, I'm glad Chyna, Wendy, and Carnie got back together again.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/4/2012, 09:54 AM
No. I wouldn't make travel plans to see anyone. Now if I happen to be vacationing somewhere and someone or some group I like is performing then I would consider seeing them.

SoonerAtKU
5/4/2012, 01:53 PM
Beastie Boys

Eesh, bad timing for this part of the thread.

MamaMia
5/4/2012, 08:38 PM
Jimmy Buffet, who we already have a trip planned to see

Santana

David Gilmore

Adele

Lott's Bandana
5/5/2012, 08:18 AM
Travel = a stay overnight by flying or driving in order to see their show and it is the primary reason for the travel.

Joe Bonamassa

Rush (already have)

Peter Gabriel

Beastie Boys

B.B. King (already have)

Well, shlt.

cleller
5/6/2012, 08:29 PM
The only act I would walk out the door right now to see would be Buddy Guy.

prrriiide
5/10/2012, 05:38 PM
Next month I'm traveling to Hotlanta to see Jimmy Buffett. Again. There will be alcohol involved.