PDA

View Full Version : OSU's Monken Disses Landry Jones

SoonerMom2
4/26/2012, 02:01 PM
This is an excerpt from an ESPN article about the quarterback situation at OSU but Monken couldn't resist going after Landry Jones. This was uncalled for IMO. Can you please take down the Congratulations to OSU on the Big 12 Championship -- been long enough and as people keep saying this is a Sooner message board not one for OSU. Personally have zero respect for their program headed by Boone Pickens!

These quotes blew my mind but what I have come to expect out of coaches etc. out of Stillwater -- no class at all:

"It didn’t take long when ol’ (Oklahoma receiver Ryan) Broyles went down and (OU) started running the dozer to think, 'Do we have our guy?' That didn’t take long," Monken said. "Landry Jones went from like, 'I’m the man,' to all of a sudden, 'I haven’t thrown a touchdown pass, I'm fumbling it over my head at Oklahoma State. I gotta go back and see my quarterback guru.'"

There's no doubt Oklahoma State's coaches have pored over hours of tape from all three candidates in the past few weeks and months. Still, there's no resolution.

"They’re all doing really good," Monken said. "They wouldn’t say that, as much as I yell at them, but they’ve all done better than I thought they’d do for where they’re at."

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/48913/qb-decision-looms-for-indecisive-pokes

CowboyMRW
4/26/2012, 02:08 PM
I don't think he's taking a shot at Landry at all. He's saying that a change in game circumstances (Broyles going down) can make a coach question what one previously thought was a no brainer.

Soonerjeepman
ok...I"min the dark...who is Monken? is he a player for osu? if that is a coach...(which is what I'm getting) that is totally uncalled for...no way in heck Stoops and Co would ever do that...THANK GOD he is our coach...

SoonerMarkVA
Man, comments like that I would expect to come from a player. I don't recall ever hearing of a coach going after another team's player like that.

Curly Bill
4/26/2012, 02:09 PM
I can't say that I really give a rip what players from other teams, or coaches from other teams say about OU. There's a lot of things in the world to get worked up about, IMO this is not one of them.

stoopified
4/26/2012, 02:16 PM
ok...I"min the dark...who is Monken? ..Poke OC

stoops the eternal pimp
4/26/2012, 02:21 PM
Monken is an NFL guy, so he comes off a lot different than a lifetime college coach...No biggy...And it did change things obviously when Broyles went down.

texaspokieokie
4/26/2012, 02:23 PM
Monken is an NFL guy, so he comes off a lot different than a lifetime college coach...No biggy...And it did change things obviously when Broyles went down. and whaley

Curly Bill
4/26/2012, 02:23 PM
Monken is an NFL guy, so he comes off a lot different than a lifetime college coach...No biggy...And it did change things obviously when Broyles went down.

It was kinda noticeable wasn't it? ;)

Soonerjeepman
4/26/2012, 02:30 PM
agreed...

It did change things...

yes it's NOT a big deal what any other coaches or players say about the Sooners...

DISAGREE...

poke fan..good grief...talk about orange colored glasses....your dude said LANDRY was second guessing himself...not the coaches...course wouldn't expect anything less...and for the record not a big "hate the pokes guy"...but you can't be serious....

ah well...we'll see how well he does this yr...

stoops the eternal pimp
4/26/2012, 02:31 PM
Listening to him talk some last season, he sounded like a OC version of Mike Stoops...Very aggressive and has no problems cussin a player out of his cleats.

OU_Sooners75
4/26/2012, 02:36 PM
agreed...

It did change things...

yes it's NOT a big deal what any other coaches or players say about the Sooners...

DISAGREE...

poke fan..good grief...talk about orange colored glasses....your dude said LANDRY was second guessing himself...not the coaches...course wouldn't expect anything less...and for the record not a big "hate the pokes guy"...but you can't be serious....

ah well...we'll see how well he does this yr...

I think...you need...more of ...these...!

OU_Sooners75
4/26/2012, 02:43 PM
Oh...and for the OP:

If you read the article in its entirity, then you would understand (or shoud) that it is not a diss on Landry Jones.

Lets look at the setup to what you quoted from the article, shall we?

"We’ve got to continue to play well around these guys and allow them to function, because none of them right now are capable of carrying us themselves. We don’t have that guy right now. He’s not here right now," Monken said. "Maybe he will be, but right now, he’s not."

Monken's not exactly sweating. He had a guy who could do it last year in Weeden, but looking around college football, he knows few teams have a quarterback who can truly carry a team.

"It didn’t take long when ol’ (Oklahoma receiver Ryan) Broyles (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/232171/ryan-broyles) went down (http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/48297/broyles-debuts-his-post-surgery-knee) and (OU) started running the dozer (http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/38499/stoops-ou-will-expand-belldozer-package) to think, 'Do we have our guy?' That didn’t take long," Monken said. "Landry Jones (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/377845/landry-jones) went from like, 'I’m the man,' to all of a sudden, 'I haven’t thrown a touchdown pass, I'm fumbling it over my head at Oklahoma State. I gotta go back and see my quarterback guru (http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/47813/ous-jones-opens-up-about-time-with-qb-guru).'"

Essentially is he is talking about it is hard to find a QB that can carry a team on his shoulders. He threw Landry Jones out there as an example. And he was saying that all was going good before Broyles went down and then Jones' confidence tanked afterwards... And he is correct. Jones was not a QB last year that could put the team on his shoulders and will the team to win.

Soonerjeepman
4/26/2012, 02:43 PM
I think...you need...more of ...these...!

sure.....how many....do....you want....?....

just curious.....let me .....know if.....

that is .....enough....

okay...?....

OU_Sooners75
4/26/2012, 02:45 PM
sure.....how many....do....you want....?....

just curious.....let me .....know if.....

that is .....enough....

okay...?....

LOL...thanks....that...should...be...enough...!

Soonerjeepman
4/26/2012, 02:50 PM
Don't think anyone is saying OU wasn't worse off without Broyles and Landry struggled. (that better for ya?)
I don't agree with a coach saying a player is second guessing himself. His last sentence he says Landry was second guessing and needed to go back and see his guru. He wants to call out Stoops, more power to him.

I'm thinking a certain poke coach went ballistic when someone, let alone a coach, questioned one of his players.

Bottom line for me, glad he isn't coaching OU and we'll see what he does this yr with a new unproven QB....oh and I could really give a rats a$$ about it!

stoops the eternal pimp
4/26/2012, 02:51 PM
I will correct him and say that the Belldozer was being ran before Broyles went down though.

OU_Sooners75
4/26/2012, 02:55 PM
Don't think anyone is saying OU wasn't worse off without Broyles and Landry struggled. (that better for ya?)
I don't agree with a coach saying a player is second guessing himself. His last sentence he says Landry was second guessing and needed to go back and see his guru. He wants to call out Stoops, more power to him.

I'm thinking a certain poke coach went ballistic when someone, let alone a coach, questioned one of his players.

Bottom line for me, glad he isn't coaching OU and we'll see what he does this yr with a new unproven QB....oh and I could really give a rats a$$ about it!

Was he incorrect with his statement?

I am not trying to defend the cowpoke coach at all...I am just not finding anything wrong with what he said.

Was his comments iladvised? Probably...but I don't see anything wrong as in a diss to Landry Jones.

I will say this though. Landry Jones has a lot to prove to this Sooner Fan for me to be confident in him.

setem
4/26/2012, 03:09 PM
I guess Landry should have just sat on his *** and give up!

SunnySooner
4/26/2012, 03:09 PM
Lookin' for class in Stillwater is like lookin' for class in Austin. It's all that damn gawdawful orange. Messes with them, poor souls.

OU_Sooners75
4/26/2012, 03:13 PM
I guess Landry should have just sat on his *** and give up!

Well, in the OSU game, he basically did. D'oh!

Fraggle145
4/26/2012, 03:56 PM
Essentially is he is talking about it is hard to find a QB that can carry a team on his shoulders. He threw Landry Jones out there as an example. And he was saying that all was going good before Broyles went down and then Jones' confidence tanked afterwards... And he is correct. Jones was not a QB last year that could put the team on his shoulders and will the team to win.

That's always been my problem with Landry. I just dont think he is able to carry the team to a win on his own when things start going poorly.

Most of the other recent OU QBs before him could (e.g., Heupel, White, Sam, and even ENA to some extent). I know that is a tough group to be compared to, but it is what it is. He's a really good QB and I hope he can figure out how to do it this year.

MamaMia
4/26/2012, 04:11 PM
This Monken guy should have been able to get his point across without using Landry, or any team that may have experience a change in play because of injuries, however some people are lacking in communication skills that way.

agoo758
4/26/2012, 04:55 PM
The said thing is, Monken is right.

picasso
4/26/2012, 06:06 PM
I don't think he's taking a shot at Landry at all. He's saying that a change in game circumstances (Broyles going down) can make a coach question what one previously thought was a no brainer.
Apologist. Expected, and quickly.

picasso
4/26/2012, 06:08 PM
Was he incorrect with his statement?

I am not trying to defend the cowpoke coach at all...I am just not finding anything wrong with what he said.

Was his comments iladvised? Probably...but I don't see anything wrong as in a diss to Landry Jones.

I will say this though. Landry Jones has a lot to prove to this Sooner Fan for me to be confident in him.
What the ****? Did anyone hear our coaches busting on Zac Robinson after he laid an egg late in the '09 season? No, because we're OU and we don't base our success or size of our wad by what happens in Stillwater.
What a ****ing joke.

picasso
4/26/2012, 06:18 PM
That's always been my problem with Landry. I just dont think he is able to carry the team to a win on his own when things start going poorly.

Most of the other recent OU QBs before him could (e.g., Heupel, White, Sam, and even ENA to some extent). I know that is a tough group to be compared to, but it is what it is. He's a really good QB and I hope he can figure out how to do it this year.
Did Landry lead us on a late and apparent winning TD drive in Waco last year? Damn sure did.
We all agree he struggled at times without Ryan but he didn't exactly get a lot of help from our other skill players and from a porous defense.
Gundy's also quoted today by Guerin Emig with an OU dig. The Pokes better live it up while they still have Brandon Weeden's jock strap hanging in Stillwater.

OU_Sooners75
4/26/2012, 06:50 PM
What the ****? Did anyone hear our coaches busting on Zac Robinson after he laid an egg late in the '09 season? No, because we're OU and we don't base our success or size of our wad by what happens in Stillwater.
What a ****ing joke.

I am not saying what he had said was right. Hell, I think a coach shouldn't talk about other programs athletes period.

But I'll ask again, since it seems you have gotten your panties in a wad:

Was what he said incorrect about Landry Jones not being able to carry a team on his shoulders?

Maybe, just maybe, you should try reading the article and then maybe, just maybe, you will see his comments are not a diss on anyone.

I love my Sooners....but some of you really need to take the crimson colored glasses off and pull your heads out of your collective asses sometimes.

8timechamps
4/26/2012, 07:30 PM
Did Landry lead us on a late and apparent winning TD drive in Waco last year? Damn sure did.
We all agree he struggled at times without Ryan but he didn't exactly get a lot of help from our other skill players and from a porous defense.
Gundy's also quoted today by Guerin Emig with an OU dig. The Pokes better live it up while they still have Brandon Weeden's jock strap hanging in Stillwater.

Yep.

I don't really give a rat's *** what any other coach says about our program, it's still a bull**** comparison. It's clearly a dig at OU.

As for Landry, given that we all do agree he has his struggles, there's not another QB in the country I'd want ahead of him going into 2012.

picasso
4/26/2012, 07:51 PM
I am not saying what he had said was right. Hell, I think a coach shouldn't talk about other programs athletes period.

But I'll ask again, since it seems you have gotten your panties in a wad:

Was what he said incorrect about Landry Jones not being able to carry a team on his shoulders?

Maybe, just maybe, you should try reading the article and then maybe, just maybe, you will see his comments are not a diss on anyone.

I love my Sooners....but some of you really need to take the crimson colored glasses off and pull your heads out of your collective asses sometimes.
Crimson colored glasses and the ole collective asses pulled out quotes. Beautiful.
Let's read it again. The ****ing cocky oSu coach said that Landry struggled and our coaches thought "Is this our guy?" Which is bull**** first of all because I most certainly don't think our coaches put the Bell package in because they didn't think Landry was our number one guy.
My panties are in a slight wad because the oSu coach in question tried to act like he knows what the Sooner coaches logic was last season.
**** the pokes and **** their coach who came from the NFL so he gets a free pass on being a dip****.
How's that?

OU_Sooners75
4/26/2012, 07:54 PM
Well, the Bell package was in long before Broyles got hurt. So monken was wrong on that one.

Lets face it, Landry has yet proven he can carry this team on his back. I think he is a very good QB, but it takes a very special player to do what White or Heupel or Bradford did for OU.

Now, I will say this much, Landry has one more year to prove that he can do it and I hope he does.

picasso
4/26/2012, 07:59 PM
Well, the Bell package was in long before Broyles got hurt. So monken was wrong on that one.

Lets face it, Landry has yet proven he can carry this team on his back. I think he is a very good QB, but it takes a very special player to do what White or Heupel or Bradford did for OU.

Now, I will say this much, Landry has one more year to prove that he can do it and I hope he does.
Totally agree.

kevpks
4/26/2012, 09:12 PM
I took off my crimson glasses and Monken still looks like an a-hole to me.

AlboSooner
4/26/2012, 09:47 PM
It is distasteful for an opposing coach to comment on the poor performance of an opposing player, against his team. It screams of dilettantism, especially in college football.

I don't expect Okie St to act like it's been there before, because they haven't.

EnragedOUfan
4/26/2012, 09:47 PM
He's right on point and stating facts. Heck, without Broyles, even Stills become nonexistent.

MamaMia
4/26/2012, 10:33 PM
It is distasteful for an opposing coach to comment on the poor performance of an opposing player, against his team. It screams of dilettantism, especially in college football.
I don't expect Okie St to act like it's been there before, because they haven't.This is the point. ^^^

In all the times we have beaten oSu, has anyone on the OU coaching staff ever rubbed their noses in what they sucked at? NO.

Fraggle145
4/26/2012, 10:44 PM

How come when I said it picasso yelled at me?

prrriiide
4/26/2012, 10:57 PM
Of course Grampy Wheeden wouldn't have missed a beat if he had lost Randle and Blackmon.

Monken = http://helpmejoseph.typepad.com/charlotte_front_and_cente/images/2008/05/22/jack_20ass_2.jpg

yermom
4/26/2012, 11:34 PM

yeah, i don't remember Landry letting the Bears drive the length of the field to win the game after our offense took the lead late, or when we missed the FGs against Tech

laugh it up, pokes. i don't think they want to compare QBs over the years.

ouwasp
4/26/2012, 11:47 PM
My take is... The Truth Hurts

I hate osu and hope they lose every game, even texas. Yeah, the coach probably should avoid naming names from your top rival when he is trying to express a point.

picasso
4/26/2012, 11:54 PM
How come when I said it picasso yelled at me?
Did I use this !!!!! ?:tennis:

Again, it's Monkeyn that pissed me off. Let's see that doosh win 6 titles with 6 different QB's and then maybe he can talk.

MamaMia
4/27/2012, 05:35 AM
I guess Monken doesn't know what happens when people run their mouths and come to Norman.

CrimsonKel
4/27/2012, 06:17 AM
It was a dumb thing to say. Landry and his teammates already had a lot of motivation to beat OSU this year and this dumb statement will just provide a little extra. I'm looking forward to this game. I hope this puts a chip on Landry's shoulder.

Fraggle145
4/27/2012, 09:27 AM
Did I use this !!!!! ?:tennis:

Again, it's Monkeyn that pissed me off. Let's see that doosh win 6 titles with 6 different QB's and then maybe he can talk.

Heh. What did Gundy say? I missed it.

Pricetag
4/27/2012, 10:25 AM
I guess Monken doesn't know what happens when people run their mouths and come to Norman.
Yep. The last time I remember OSU getting lippy about OU was back in 2003, and it didn't work out too well for them.

picasso
4/27/2012, 10:28 AM
From the Sporting News, the last paragraph is the part where he takes a little jab. Yeah, OU had poor body language at the end of last season because our year had pretty much fallen apart:

If there’s one program that gets legit respect on a national level—even from deep in the heart of SEC country—it’s Oklahoma. The same Sooners who have 30 wins over the past three seasons, compared with 32 for Oklahoma State. The same Sooners who are 17-8 in conference play during that stretch, compared with 20-5 for the Cowboys.

The same Sooners who went into Stillwater last December and got absolutely rocked, 44-10.

“If you follow college football and have been around it,” Gundy said, “the past three or four years have been a pretty substantial accomplishment for Oklahoma State.”

And now, more than three months removed from their 12th win of the most successful season in school history, comes the chance to accomplish something even more compelling.

Without quarterback Brandon Weeden, who was the heartbeat of the 2011 team, and without wide receiver Justin Blackmon, who was its best player, OSU is trying to keep its tenuous footing at the top of the Big 12 heap. Trying to keep Bob Stoops and OU from restoring what they feel is the natural hierarchy of football in the state.

In the Sooner State, that is.

OSU needs nine wins to get to 50 over the past five years. That would be truly remarkable. But the Sooners are thinking national championship—again—and if their sense of their own ability is accurate this time around, then nine wins by their Bedlam rivals won’t stand in their way.

“I guess if you were an NFL scout or coach and evaluating Oklahoma’s 85 or 100 vs. ours, you might say, ‘Yeah, they have, overall, better players,’ ” Gundy said. “But the team concept? The attitude? The body language? The team chemistry? You put our 11 out there and we’ll be OK.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-04-17/mike-gundy-oklahoma-state-cowboys-ou-osu-rivalry-big-12-no-weeden-blackmon#ixzz1tFrz0EuW

SoonerKnight
4/27/2012, 10:38 AM
OSU sucks overall. Their history has shown this. The coaches were lucky Saxet was down and OU had the injury bug. No way with a healthy team OSU wins like they did. The coach and say whatever he wants. Landry needs to worry about Landry. We need to think about #8 which will let OSU know to STFU!!

MamaMia
4/27/2012, 12:21 PM
Having to play them two times in a row in Stillwater and losing last year, and now with one of their coaches mouthing off about Landry...The OU fans are going to be up for that game. It will not end well for them.

8timechamps
4/27/2012, 12:38 PM
Having to play them two times in a row in Stillwater and losing last year, and now with one of their coaches mouthing off about Landry...The OU fans are going to be up for that game. It will not end well for them.

I'm still pissed off about this. I would have prefferred playing ANY other Big XII team two years in a row, on the road, than the pokes.

Can't wait for this year's game. Starting to already feel a little like Tech's mouthing off before the 08 game.

budbarrybob
4/27/2012, 12:58 PM
Word of the Day:
dilettantism (countable and uncountable; plural dilettantisms)

The act of behaving like a dilettante, of being an amateur or "dabbler", sometimes in the arts. Also the act of enjoying the arts, being a connoisseur. Can be perceived as superficial.

Dio
4/27/2012, 04:29 PM

:les: WE LEARNED STUFF TODAY!!

BajaOklahoma
4/27/2012, 09:53 PM
I thought Stoops had input on which team we had to play away again.

picasso
4/28/2012, 12:21 AM
Ha. Dooshrocket has released an apology.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/28/2012, 01:04 AM
I took off my crimson glasses and Monken still looks like an a-hole to me.Duh, and D'Oh, and it ain't rocket science, and "hush, aggy, know thy place!", and "aggy is as aggy does...and says".

yermom
4/28/2012, 01:19 AM
:les: LET 'ER RIP

;)

texaspokieokie
4/28/2012, 08:40 AM
Having to play them two times in a row in Stillwater and losing last year, and now with one of their coaches mouthing off about Landry...The OU fans are going to be up for that game. It will not end well for them. cowboys had to play 2 in a row @ both austin & lubbock.

OUAriakas
4/28/2012, 01:18 PM
cowboys had to play 2 in a row @ both austin & lubbock.

Nobody gives a **** where you had to play, sheepherder. The truth is that we had to play the best 2 OSU teams of all time consecutively in Stillwater and went 1-1. You better hope to high heaven that your defense is as good as your coaches claim because your true freshman signal caller is going to get an unforgettable lesson in the difference between high school and college ball.

texaspokieokie
4/28/2012, 01:22 PM
2 posts & you're already getting nasty. You'll fit in well on this board.

olevetonahill
4/28/2012, 01:38 PM
Nobody gives a **** where you had to play, sheepherder. The truth is that we had to play the best 2 OSU teams of all time consecutively in Stillwater and went 1-1. You better hope to high heaven that your defense is as good as your coaches claim because your true freshman signal caller is going to get an unforgettable lesson in the difference between high school and college ball.

2 posts & you're already getting nasty. You'll fit in well on this board.

Thot he was just being Spot on, You say yer an OU fan, That may be , But yer a bigger OsU fan

Welcome
OUAriakas

texaspokieokie
4/28/2012, 01:49 PM
Thot he was just being Spot on, You say yer an OU fan, That may be , But yer a bigger OsU fan

Welcome
OUAriakasnobody knows but me. you & i had this discussion inthe last week or 2. You & ariakass are a pair to draw to.

olevetonahill
4/28/2012, 01:52 PM
nobody knows but me. you & i had this discussion inthe last week or 2. You & ariakass are a pair to draw to.
A Pair of Aces

I only go by yer posts, You seem to defend the Pukes a hell of a lot

sooneredaco
4/28/2012, 02:23 PM
Fluck all things poke! That effen inbred hillbilly sunovabiatch coach can suck a big fat pole! We'll see what his a$$ is saying next year when aggies return to their losing ways.

texaspokieokie
4/28/2012, 03:36 PM
Fluck all things poke! That effen inbred hillbilly sunovabiatch coach can suck a big fat pole! We'll see what his a$$ is saying next year when aggies return to their losing ways.intelligent post like this breally puts all stupid aggies in their place.

Pricetag
4/28/2012, 03:42 PM
A Pair of Aces

I only go by yer posts, You seem to defend the Pukes a hell of a lot
The name says it all. No OU fan puts both "Texas" and any form of "poke" in his handle.

8timechamps
4/28/2012, 03:49 PM
I thought Stoops had input on which team we had to play away again.

From what I read (at the time), the scheduling (or re-scheduling after the CU/Neb departure) was all being done at the conference level. Some teams ended up playing the same team twice, on the road. It didn't sound like the coaches or ADs had any input on the decision, but maybe I missed that.

texaspokieokie
4/28/2012, 03:52 PM
The name says it all. No OU fan puts both "Texas" and any form of "poke" in his handle.i live n tx, for over 40 years.
pokiepkie was my CB handle, it refers to a "slow person from OK".
that's me.

sooneredaco
4/28/2012, 03:52 PM
intelligent post like this breally puts all stupid aggies in their place.

Agreed! And that place is somewhere other than an OU board!

olevetonahill
4/28/2012, 04:00 PM
The name says it all. No OU fan puts both "Texas" and any form of "poke" in his handle.
No ****, then comes on here and DEFENDs pokes all the time while claiming to be a Sooner

Ya can roll a turd in Powdered sugar but ya aint gonna convince me its a jelly donut

olevetonahill
4/28/2012, 04:03 PM
i live n tx, for over 40 years.
pokiepkie was my CB handle, it refers to a "slow person from OK".
that's me.

Ya got me convinced yer " SLOW":unconscious:

texaspokieokie
4/28/2012, 04:06 PM
Ya got me convinced yer " SLOW":unconscious:You really hammered me, after i'd already admitted to being "slow".:hurt:

olevetonahill
4/28/2012, 04:09 PM
You really hammered me, after i'd already admitted to being "slow".:hurt:

Why I put a smiley on it ya Old fart :unconscious:

texaspokieokie
4/28/2012, 04:22 PM
Why I put a smiley on it ya Old fart :unconscious:i saw that, & even appreciated it.
:playful:

4/28/2012, 04:24 PM
The name says it all. No OU fan puts both "Texas" and any form of "poke" in his handle.He's all things to all people. "Can't we all just get along"-Rodney (Genius)King.

They say his fave all-time US Senator is David Boren.

4/28/2012, 04:29 PM
From what I read (at the time), the scheduling (or re-scheduling after the CU/Neb departure) was all being done at the conference level. Some teams ended up playing the same team twice, on the road. It didn't sound like the coaches or ADs had any input on the decision, but maybe I missed that.I'm pretty sure Stoops DID have some say in the schedule last yr. He made sure we didn't play Sand Aggy in Lubbock 2 yrs in a row, and Mizzou and Lassie Aggy. I believe he thought we had orange aggy's number, even in the Stool, so he accepted that situmation.

Okie35
4/28/2012, 04:46 PM
I don't see it as a diss but whatever it doesn't matter if it was because Landry will be in New York next season.

MamaMia
4/28/2012, 10:04 PM
Well, well, well...So I heard today at my ladies luncheon that Monken apologized for using Landry as an "illustration" and Tony Jefferson tweeted "Hell nah." but thought its too early to go there. Yeah right.

MamaMia
4/28/2012, 10:11 PM
Ok, found it. Here it tis...

http://newsok.com/osu-football-offensive-coordinator-todd-monken-apologizes-for-comments-on-ou-landry-jones/article/3670322

prrriiide
4/30/2012, 08:01 PM
My god...the farking implications are endless. If only I were at home with me photoshop instead of at work...

http://cdn2.newsok.biz/cache/w640-54246edc8d86bdd8703e14edae6b4ae5.jpg

sooneredaco
4/30/2012, 09:00 PM
What a Dip Sh!t

Jason White's Third Knee
4/30/2012, 09:13 PM
I can recall two bad games in Jones career. Nebraska a few years ago and okie lite last year.

All of this crap about jones not being the guy is utter horse ****. Hell, he is better than White IMO, mentally and physically. Certainly has a better arm than Josh did. I liken him to Sam but I don't remember having receivers that dropped the ball like the other 2 and 3 receivers. Sam willed teams to victory? I love Sam. I just don't know what game that he willed to. Ictory.

NMSooner'80
5/1/2012, 09:04 AM
It's a shame that the real issue is often missed, even by some of our own fans. Whether anyone believes that Toad Monkey told the truth or not is irrelevant. You just don't go off on a main rival and a specific player like that.

I also noticed on the DOK comments board below one of the stories about this, that the Pokes are in full reinventing-the-truth mode. In their world and on that comments board, it's become "fact" that "OU is whining" when neither Jones nor anyone on the OU staff really said anything about this.

kevpks
5/2/2012, 08:31 AM
I can recall two bad games in Jones career. Nebraska a few years ago and okie lite last year.

All of this crap about jones not being the guy is utter horse ****. Hell, he is better than White IMO, mentally and physically. Certainly has a better arm than Josh did. I liken him to Sam but I don't remember having receivers that dropped the ball like the other 2 and 3 receivers. Sam willed teams to victory? I love Sam. I just don't know what game that he willed to. Ictory.

I'd love to see what Landry could do with a dominant running game as well. Sam had two 1000 yard rushers in '08. I'd love to get back to that kind of balance.

Bourbon St Sooner
5/2/2012, 11:22 AM
When you have scoreboard once every 10 years, you have to talk smack while you can.

It seems pretty bad form calling out a particular player like that. I know Stoops has slighted (backhanded or otherwise) other coaches or teams, but I don't remember him calling out a particular player.

MamaMia
5/2/2012, 04:23 PM
When you have scoreboard once every 10 years, you have to talk smack while you can.

It seems pretty bad form calling out a particular player like that. I know Stoops has slighted (backhanded or otherwise) other coaches or teams, but I don't remember him calling out a particular player.Slighted in what way? I've never known Stoops to make any comment about another teams players or coaches unless a gauntlet was thrown down at his feet.

Bourbon St Sooner
5/2/2012, 04:48 PM
Slighted in what way? I've never known Stoops to make any comment about another teams players or coaches unless a gauntlet was thrown down at his feet.

It's usually just little things with Stoops and usually, like you say, after things were said about his team. Seems like to had some tit for tat with Les Miles back in the day. Didn't last year he mention something about the B12 trophy being in Norman after aggie made co-B12 south rings?