PDA

View Full Version : oSu names starting QB

BigJerm7
4/26/2012, 12:36 PM
True Freshman, Weston Lunt. Interesting. And they're already comparing the 18 year old to the 26 year old Brandon Weeden on OP, and talking about competing for the Big 12 Title.

picasso
4/26/2012, 12:40 PM
That means Joe Walsh isn't what he used to be.

picasso
4/26/2012, 12:43 PM
It's either going to motivate the other QB's or send them packing.
Football season isn't until September right? Of course Gundy is a bit of an odd bird. Look at his glow tan.

SoonerNomad
4/26/2012, 01:35 PM
That means Joe Walsh isn't what he used to be.

I go to parties, sometimes until 4
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door

OULenexaman
4/26/2012, 01:36 PM
I'd hate growing up with a last name Lunt...

Sooner11JK
4/26/2012, 02:19 PM
Wonder how that Walsh 4 Heisman campaign is doing?

Mississippi Sooner
4/26/2012, 02:45 PM
Weston Lunt. That might be even better than Aso Pogi.

ouwasp
4/26/2012, 03:08 PM
I predicted this last week. On the radio, Gundy was saying just enough to tell me he was leaning that way... hope he's badly mistaken of course.

MamaMia
4/26/2012, 03:48 PM
Gee, what a surprise.

Breadburner
4/26/2012, 05:01 PM
It will be fun watching OSU and their Texas like melt down this year....

jumperstop
4/26/2012, 07:52 PM
Strange they named a true freshman this early on....OSU fans think this means he's so badass that's he's starting as a freshman. I've hear multiple people say he's going to be better than BW. To me, if a true freshman is starting over upperclassmen and other guys who've been in the program multiple years, that just means to me those other guys suck, not that the freshman is good. Even if he is good, the OSU fans will soon realize that even good QB's don't look good when following the best QB in school history.

picasso
4/26/2012, 07:53 PM
Gundy said today he was still in high school. I guess he forgot he's enrolled at oSu now.

Scott D
4/26/2012, 08:05 PM
rumor is he's Weeden's great grandson

cleller
4/27/2012, 08:01 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. If you google his name, about 5-6 stories come up, including this thread. Doesn't sound like a guy that has dazzled many people so far.

Doesn't mean he won't turn into a good college QB, but it seems like long odds.

BigJerm7
4/27/2012, 08:03 AM
Matt Barkley started as USC as a true freshman. IMO he had a lot more talent to work with that OSU will have, and he didn't exactly tear it up his freshman year. 15TD's to 14INT's. Hard to remember when a true freshman stepped right in anywhere and put up big numbers.

LVSOONER15
4/27/2012, 09:21 AM
Gundy said today he was still in high school. I guess he forgot he's enrolled at oSu now.

Really? What an idiot.

PrideMom
4/27/2012, 09:30 AM
I guess Bradford was a red-shirt freshman......but his numbers were pretty good... I am confused though, why was the media on Chelf all of the time?

Soonerwake
4/27/2012, 10:02 AM
I can't imagine that starting a true freshman at QB is a good sign. Maybe he is really that good, but I have a feeling the competition is poor.

Pricetag
4/27/2012, 10:29 AM
I'd hate growing up with a last name Lunt...
Yeah, that name fails the "gym class" test miserably.

tomtom
4/27/2012, 11:55 AM
Defense coaches love going against true freshmen qb.

budbarrybob
4/27/2012, 12:19 PM
I heard he was in the Hunt for starter early on...

BigJerm7
4/27/2012, 01:07 PM
David Ash comes to mind also.

:mack:

KantoSooner
4/27/2012, 02:34 PM
Unfortunately, he'll have some experience by the time he comes to Norman. His second game of the season, at Arizona, without a tried and true target to throw to would seem to be something of a challenge, however.

oSuJeff1997
4/27/2012, 03:15 PM

Yeah... Gundy obviously didn't know that he was enrolled at OSU. Derp.

His point is obvious. The dude is supposed to be a high school senior right now and he won the starting QB job.

This is certainly an interesting experiment that Gundy is trying here. I haven't seen either Walsh or Lunt yet in person, so I'll reserve judgement.

My initial take is that Gundy has basically decided to stick with the offense we've been running the last two years, instead of going back to the spread-option attack that we were running with Zac Robinson. Because that's what we'd be running if Walsh had been the pick. Lunt is the only QB on the roster with the skillset to execute the offense that Weeden has led the past two years.

I'll be very interested to see if they come up with an OSU version of the "Belldozer" that utilizes Walsh's strengths. He's too much of a playmaker to languish on the sideline, IMO.

picasso
4/27/2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah... Gundy obviously didn't know that he was enrolled at OSU. Derp.

His point is obvious. The dude is supposed to be a high school senior right now and he won the starting QB job.

This is certainly an interesting experiment that Gundy is trying here. I haven't seen either Walsh or Lunt yet in person, so I'll reserve judgement.

My initial take is that Gundy has basically decided to stick with the offense we've been running the last two years, instead of going back to the spread-option attack that we were running with Zac Robinson. Because that's what we'd be running if Walsh had been the pick. Lunt is the only QB on the roster with the skillset to execute the offense that Weeden has led the past two years.

I'll be very interested to see if they come up with an OSU version of the "Belldozer" that utilizes Walsh's strengths. He's too much of a playmaker to languish on the sideline, IMO.
Oh please. I was making a joke. Dork.

AlboSooner
4/27/2012, 09:07 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0929/ncf_u_mstoops_200.jpg

SOON!

cleller
4/30/2012, 07:10 AM
Lunt may be in the Hunt, but compared with Landry, Allen, and Bell he's just a Runt.

goingoneight
4/30/2012, 09:46 AM
It's official... even if he's the next good aught QB... his froshie name is now "Runt." :D

olevetonahill
4/30/2012, 10:06 AM
Have I really read this right? Gumby named a starter that hasnt even played in their spring drills?:single_eye:

texaspokieokie
4/30/2012, 10:52 AM
Have I really read this right? Gumby named a starter that hasnt even played in their spring drills?:single_eye:He has played in spring drills.

olevetonahill
4/30/2012, 11:03 AM
He has played in spring drills.
well that makes a little bit of sense out of this. Not much but a little

Scott D
4/30/2012, 09:51 PM
Matt Barkley started as USC as a true freshman. IMO he had a lot more talent to work with that OSU will have, and he didn't exactly tear it up his freshman year. 15TD's to 14INT's. Hard to remember when a true freshman stepped right in anywhere and put up big numbers.

To be fair, Barkley started as a freshman because the starter Aaron Corp got a broken limb, and lost his job due to said injury and transferred.

BoomerJ
5/3/2012, 11:10 AM
I guess there are worse names that end in UNT.

Seamus
5/3/2012, 12:53 PM
I guess there are worse names that end in UNT.

I 'C' what you did there ...