PDA

View Full Version : Pre-paid Smart Phone Options

Sooner5030
4/25/2012, 09:17 PM
2 years ago the wifey and I kicked the Verizon contract aside and went prepaid (T-Mobile). Due to international travel/work we already had unused quad-band phones in our possession so it was just a matter of paying for the SIM card and activation fee. We get the same usage but pay about $80/month instead of $120.

Now we are thinking about going with pre-paid smartphones. Right now we are looking at Verizon, ATT, & T-mobile. Virgin, PCS et al are out of the question as they are eastern + Texas/Cali based. We need coverage in every US city and specifically the PAC NW.

There are some phones on Tigerdirect ranging from $180-600 depending on what you want. I really only need bluetooth, music player and web.

If anyone has some good advice on which phone and carrier to choose I'd be very grateful.

Plz thnx

SicEmBaylor
4/25/2012, 09:29 PM
Honestly, I got time of the outrageous cost of having a smart phone on ATT and dumped it at the end of my contract. I went to Virgin Mobile which runs off the Sprint network. I have an LG Optimus V that runs FroYo, and I've been very happy with it. Now that VM is about to get 4G/LTE access, I'll upgrade to a LTE phone when they become available.

I pay $55 a month for unlimited calling, unlimited texting, and unlimited data/internet. I don't use my phone much, so I often just use it as a mobile wifi hotspot for my Galaxy Tab.