PDA

View Full Version : OU-WVU ticket prices

papawlambert
4/25/2012, 10:00 AM
A couple post on the WVU football forum.

Posted: Yesterday 10:37 PM
Ticket Prices for Oklahoma Game
SIAP. I was looking on stub hub to see how much tickets are going for right now for the Oklahoma game. I live and go to grad school about 6-7 hours from Morgantown so I don't get to go to games that often, but I'm going to try my hardest to get my hands on a couple of Oklahoma tickets. Right now it seems like the cheapest I've seen them was $230. Do you guys think they'll drop much? I figure that there won't be any trouble selling tickets to that game, but I'm still curious. Was that the price for a ticket to the LSU game last year? I would imagine the tickets would be similar in price.

Posted: Yesterday 10:42 PM
RE: Ticket Prices for Oklahoma Game
Seats in section 107 are going for $912. Wow.

Glad my Grandson has tickets.

MamaMia
4/25/2012, 10:05 AM
There are 4000 available to WV. Unless they sell their allotment, no reason WV fans cant get a ticket for face value from their university ticket office.

yermom
4/25/2012, 10:07 AM
stubhub tickets are usually like 2-3x what they are at the stadium, similar to eBay

olevetonahill
4/25/2012, 10:18 AM
stubhub tickets are usually like 2-3x what they are at the stadium, similar to eBay

What I were gonna say
Ya buy from Stub yer an idiot .

Sooner in Tampa
4/25/2012, 10:34 AM
What I were gonna say
Ya buy from Stub yer an idiot .
I generally agree with vet...even on this statement, BUT...we have been able to get tix for several USF games here in Tampa for about $15 a seat in the student sections. We pay the fees just so we can print out the tix and be done with it.

Now I know that USF ain't anywhere near being in the same league as OU and WVU...but hell, they play at Raymond James Stadium (Buccaneers Home) AND we can drink beer for the first three qtrs...so it's generally a pretty good time.

Widescreen
4/25/2012, 11:51 AM
There are 4000 available to WV. Unless they sell their allotment, no reason WV fans cant get a ticket for face value from their university ticket office.
OU is playing at WVU.

ouleaf
4/25/2012, 11:53 AM
On Stub Hub it's better to wait closer to the actual game day before checking. In general, the closer it gets to kickoff, the lower the ticket prices will be, unless it just a huge game like OU/TX.

I haven't used Stub Hub for college football games yet though, but I will use for Stars/Mavs/Rangers/Cowboys games and am usually able to snag some for at or below face value

MamaMia
4/25/2012, 07:00 PM
OU is playing at WVU.Oh, I see. Well then they would probably be able to get one at the stadium for a reasonable price don't you think?

soonercruiser
4/25/2012, 07:10 PM
Mama Mia those are high prices!

Last time I went to a game in Morganhole, it was free (I was a student)!
(Gonna be comfortably on my couch watching)

To be "at the game" is one thing.
But, being in Morgantown will be boring.
(WVU grad here)

papawlambert
4/25/2012, 07:20 PM
Sooner in Tampa
They do sell beer at the stadium at WVU. I will be there.

zseese84
4/25/2012, 11:19 PM
Sooner in Tampa
They do sell beer at the stadium at WVU. I will be there.

I thought the NCAA prohibited alchohol sales in stadiums? Or is it just because OU and most other Oklahoma schools are dry campuses?

Sooner in Tampa
4/26/2012, 05:46 AM
I thought the NCAA prohibited alchohol sales in stadiums? Or is it just because OU and most other Oklahoma schools are dry campuses?
I can only speak for the USF games at Raymon James...the beer is flowing...every game.

When we were at the FSU vs. OU game...you could tailgate until the cows came home, but NO beer during the game

Mississippi Sooner
4/26/2012, 08:12 AM
I can only speak for the USF games at Raymon James...the beer is flowing...every game.

When we were at the FSU vs. OU game...you could tailgate until the cows came home, but NO beer during the game

Yeah, I think that NCAA ban is a myth that certain stadiums use for convenience. They sell beer at both Louisiana Lafayette and Southern University on-campus football games.

PrideMom
4/26/2012, 09:29 AM
If you have to drink to watch a football game stay HOME!!

SunnySooner
4/26/2012, 09:43 AM
I had a beer or six at OU/Convicts in 2009, of course that's Dolphin Stadium as well, maybe it's a pro-stadium/college stadium thing. Dunno. I wish I'd drunk enough to remove the memory completely, that was awful. ~~~~ Shudder~~~~

olevetonahill
4/26/2012, 09:48 AM

Why you act like such a bitch?
No one has to drank, We just LIKE it

Sooner in Tampa
4/26/2012, 01:09 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...now THAT's funny

OULenexaman
4/26/2012, 01:34 PM
Why you act like such a bitch?
No one has to drank, We just LIKE it It is the 26th of the month.....just sayin.;)

85sooners
4/28/2012, 11:38 PM
You sit your square *** at home and watch it were gonna drink heavily!:barbershop_quartet_