PDA

View Full Version : Tee Shepard

cccasooner2
4/24/2012, 10:01 PM
Seems there is a possibility he will be visiting OU. Would be great.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=8934064

OU_Sooners75
4/25/2012, 03:42 PM
I highly doubt he will be a Sooner, especially if he is leaving Notre Dame because it is too far from home. OU may be a little closer than ND is to Northern Cali, but it is not all that much closer. And it definitely would not be close enough to ward off homesickness.

cccasooner2
4/25/2012, 08:07 PM
It may not have been homesickness. http://www.cbs47.tv/mostpopular/story/Dad-Health-Issues-Brought-Shepard-Back-Home/f9018nQcu0Gjra2s61_9mA.cspx

"Shepard's dad Ray told me today his son is back because of health issues. Ray Shepard would not tell me what happened to his son, but did tell me he hopes Tee will be cleared to resume working out sometime in May or June.'

Plus OU has some experience with the deaf. Wasn't Thunander deaf and played until concussions forced him out?

Widescreen
4/25/2012, 11:50 PM
Hopefully he won't be a child molester like Thunander.

8timechamps
1/16/2013, 07:02 PM
Shepard enrolled in Holmes Community College today (in Mississippi). He was not academically eligible for OU.

He will stay there for two years, then open his recruiting back up. Says OU is still the front runner.

Soonerfan88
1/17/2013, 12:39 PM
From what I've seen of his story, it wasn't academics that kept Shepard from OU. Supposedly, he is now OK with the NCAA Clearinghouse but ND won't release him. The only way around his LOI w/ND is to go the JC route.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/17/2013, 02:53 PM
From what I've seen of his story, it wasn't academics that kept Shepard from OU. Supposedly, he is now OK with the NCAA Clearinghouse but ND won't release him. The only way around his LOI w/ND is to go the JC route.

heh, LOI strikes again.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/17/2013, 02:54 PM
I highly doubt he will be a Sooner, especially if he is leaving Notre Dame because it is too far from home. OU may be a little closer than ND is to Northern Cali, but it is not all that much closer. And it definitely would not be close enough to ward off homesickness.

In general, it is rarely because of homesickness. That is just a convenient excuse that the media never follows up on.

8timechamps
1/17/2013, 05:18 PM

I'm hearing it was an academic issue. He was fine with the clearinghouse, but not fine with OU. I've heard the ND thing is not an issue.

Widescreen
1/18/2013, 09:42 AM
In general, it is rarely because of homesickness. That is just a convenient excuse that the media never follows up on.

Come on. The media always verifies stuff when it comes to college players.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/18/2013, 11:36 AM
Come on. The media always verifies stuff when it comes to college players.

Didn't we lose a basketball player last year because of homesickness? And then he ended up at a school farther away from his home?

Widescreen
1/18/2013, 05:23 PM
That was a Te'o commentary.