PDA

View Full Version : Confess: Who else has done this!

badger
4/24/2012, 09:25 AM
Mark Abaire, 52, had apparently asked staff at the Naples restaurant for a courtesy cup of water, but instead he allegedly filled the cup with soda from the soda fountain and sat outside of the restaurant, according to a story in the Naples Daily News which cited the police report of the Thursday incident.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/florida-man-charged-felony-allegedly-stealing-1-cup-002830215--abc-news-topstories.html)

I admit that I probably have at some point. One time, I accidentally hit the wrong button and was just like "eff it" and drank it. On more than one occasion, when I hit the water button, it was a diluted, disgusting version of the soda attached to it.

I know the OU student union started charging 25 cents a few years ago for water glasses just because of all of the students that were stealing soda

texaspokieokie
4/24/2012, 09:38 AM
Have done same things you mentioned. Hit wrong button.

Mississippi Sooner
4/24/2012, 09:50 AM
I confess that back in my poor, and generally hell raising college days, we'd do that all the time. We'd order the cheapest burger on the menu, ask for water and then fill the cup with the soft drink of our choice. We didn't really try to hide it, and nothing was ever said about it, but we figured the people working there for minimum wage probably didn't care one way or the other.

olevetonahill
4/24/2012, 09:53 AM
I aint , Never cared fer soda pop, would rather had the water .

StoopTroup
4/24/2012, 10:13 AM
It happened the other day. My Son hit the button and it filled up with lemonade. I told him to pour it out and put some water in the cup throw it out too (so it would rinse the glass out). He then filled it up with water.

I dont know how hard it would be to just put in a separate water line with a filter so that folks who just want tap water can have it. Some Restaurants seem to think everyone drinks pop when they eat.

yermom
4/24/2012, 10:25 AM
maybe if restaurants didn't charge $2-3 for a Coke...

Pricetag
4/24/2012, 10:34 AM
Yep. Drinks are the biggest racket in the food industry. Everyone should be drinking water out of general principle.

kbsooner21
4/24/2012, 10:35 AM
It's about principles people. If you want soda, pay for the damn thing!

olevetonahill
4/24/2012, 10:37 AM
It's about principles people. If you want soda, pay for the damn thing!

Unless yer just a ****in thief.

kbsooner21
4/24/2012, 10:39 AM
Unless yer just a ****in thief.

About the only Middle Eastern belief I believe in, is cutting fingers/hands off for theiving. I think a finger for a stolen soda is fair :D

yermom
4/24/2012, 10:39 AM
i don't think stealing the soda was as much the issue as being a drunk *******

being a drunk *******, stealing with priors isn't probably a great choice, but obviously he doesn't have a history of making good decisions

Jacie
4/24/2012, 02:47 PM
One time when i was managing the Dallas office of the company i was with had taken the staff out for an end-of-project luncheon. The staff were all young people, mostly college students i would hire for the summer when the workload was high. One of my staff, an SMU coed, ordered a glass of water and asked for some lemon. The waitress brought a small bowl with some lemon wedges. Young lady proceeds to squeeze them into the water, added a generous amount of sugar and stirred it to make lemonade. I was embarrassed at such low rent behavior especially considering i was paying for it and she could order any drink she wanted anyway.

olevetonahill
4/24/2012, 02:52 PM
One time when i was managing the Dallas office of the company i was with had taken the staff out for an end-of-project luncheon. The staff were all young people, mostly college students i would hire for the summer when the workload was high. One of my staff, an SMU coed, ordered a glass of water and asked for some lemon. The waitress brought a small bowl with some lemon wedges. Young lady proceeds to squeeze them into the water, added a generous amount of sugar and stirred it to make lemonade. I was embarrassed at such low rent behavior especially considering i was paying for it and she could order any drink she wanted anyway.

Did they have lemonade on the drink menu?
hell Ive done that with those little packets of lemon juice they serve with tea.

ouleaf
4/24/2012, 04:02 PM
Restaurants should just keep the soft drink dispenser machine behind the counter so people cannot abuse as easily. That way if they ask for a water cup, you fill it up for them with water. If they want a Coke, make them pay for it and enjoy the ridiculous markup that comes along with each one sold.

MamaMia
4/26/2012, 04:19 PM
I did plan on getting water at Loves one day. When I saw that they had tea, I changed my mind, but I told them. They said "Thats ok. Don't worry about it" and just let me have it.

Jacie
4/26/2012, 07:24 PM
Did they have lemonade on the drink menu?

I have no idea if they did or not.

The next spring when same young lady applied to work there again, she was not rehired, and we were usually thrilled to get someone we did not have to train from scratch.

yermom
4/26/2012, 11:22 PM
just because she made lemonade out of lemons?

SicEmBaylor
4/27/2012, 12:41 AM
I have never once ordered water at a restaurant and always order either alcohol or pop thus this has never ever been an issue for me.

HOWEVER, I have accidentally given myself a free refill when there was some minimal charge.

texaspokieokie
4/27/2012, 07:34 AM
I always drink water with a meal, home or not. Except when it's breakfast, then sometimes coffee.

cleller
4/27/2012, 08:07 AM
I remember several years ago talking to a QT (QuikTrip) guy in Tulsa about the fountain drinks. He said the stores don't keep track of the pop canisters at all, only the cups. The pop is so cheap, they just ignore it, but the cups cost a few cents each, so they count them.

OULenexaman
4/27/2012, 08:28 AM
never....because I was raised to be honest.

stoopified
4/27/2012, 08:59 AM
Never BUT I admit if there had been slef-serve soda fountains when I was a kid,I proably would have done it.

MamaMia
4/27/2012, 12:38 PM
I remember several years ago talking to a QT (QuikTrip) guy in Tulsa about the fountain drinks. He said the stores don't keep track of the pop canisters at all, only the cups. The pop is so cheap, they just ignore it, but the cups cost a few cents each, so they count them.That why they only charge you a minimal fee when you use a cup or mug you purchased there, plus it gives places that sell their own cups free advertising.

Viking Kitten
4/27/2012, 01:20 PM
I have no idea if they did or not.

The next spring when same young lady applied to work there again, she was not rehired, and we were usually thrilled to get someone we did not have to train from scratch.

Dude. The girl just wanted some fresh lemonade. Lighten the **** up.

jkjsooner
4/27/2012, 01:59 PM

My dad does that all the time. He'll even ask for more lemons if they don't bring enough. It got to the point where I wouldn't dine with him unless he promised to not do it.

He said that drinks are a ripoff and that his homemade lemonade is better than theirs (which is true). He can still pay for a drink though.

Actually he hasn't done that in a while. Maybe we finally convinced him to stop doing it.

jkjsooner
4/27/2012, 02:01 PM
I have never once ordered water at a restaurant and always order either alcohol or pop thus this has never ever been an issue for me.

HOWEVER, I have accidentally given myself a free refill when there was some minimal charge.

Same here. I'm a soda addict so ordering water is not an option...

Before someone says it, I know it's terrible but we all have our things. (I do drink water other times.)

Viking Kitten
4/27/2012, 02:09 PM
My dad does that all the time. He'll even ask for more lemons if they don't bring enough. It got to the point where I wouldn't dine with him unless he promised to not do it.

He said that drinks are a ripoff and that his homemade lemonade is better than theirs (which is true). He can still pay for a drink though.

Actually he hasn't done that in a while. Maybe we finally convinced him to stop doing it.

I just don't understand the outrage here. People order lemons for their water all the time. Why does adding a bit of sugar make this a social crime?

olevetonahill
4/27/2012, 02:19 PM
I just don't understand the outrage here. People order lemons for their water all the time. Why does adding a bit of sugar make this a social crime?

Ima shaking my head with ya VK
Ya dont rehire someone because they aint wasteful. Ya get embarrassed Cause a Family member aint wasteful

Hell Odds are those Lemon wedges are gonna get thrown out anyway

Curly Bill
4/27/2012, 02:22 PM
I can see if U can use what's at your table to make lemonade or whatever, but if you're asking for extras to do it than shame on ya. Don't be a freaking cheapskate, and if ya can't afford the cost of a drink then stay home and eat.

olevetonahill
4/27/2012, 02:25 PM
I can see if U can use what's at your table to make lemonade or whatever, but if you're asking for extras to do it than shame on ya. Don't be a freaking cheapskate, and if ya can't afford the cost of a drink then stay home and eat.

What If i just want extry water?

Curly Bill
4/27/2012, 02:29 PM
What If i just want extry water?

You know that ain't what I meant dumas!

olevetonahill
4/27/2012, 02:43 PM
You know that ain't what I meant dumas!
Heh

olevetonahill
4/27/2012, 02:45 PM
Odds are If someone makin lemonade embarrasses ya, Ya aint gonna want to eat out with me anyway :congratulatory:

Mississippi Sooner
4/27/2012, 03:08 PM
Go ahead and make lemonade on top of the table, just try not to make any under the table.

SicEmBaylor
4/27/2012, 03:28 PM
Don't be poor -- order a coke.

Jacie
4/28/2012, 01:15 PM
Ya dont rehire someone because they aint wasteful. Ya get embarrassed Cause a Family member aint wasteful

We didn't rehire the young lady because she was loud and disruptive in the office and since part of the work she did involved being around the client, it was agreed the corporate image would be better represented by someone else.

olevetonahill
4/28/2012, 01:26 PM
We didn't rehire the young lady because she was loud and disruptive in the office and since part of the work she did involved being around the client, it was agreed the corporate image would be better represented by someone else.

Back pedal much?

If this was the case why dint ya just start out sayin ya had a Yainch werk ONE summer for ya. Not that some kid embarrassed ya so ya dint rehire her.

texaspokieokie
4/28/2012, 01:28 PM
Ima shaking my head with ya VK

Hell Odds are those Lemon wedges are gonna get thrown out anywayuntil the wedges were ordered; they were a whole lemon.
if you want lemonade, order it.
i just drink water. it's cheaper, but it's also what i prefer.

jkjsooner
4/28/2012, 07:36 PM

I'm not talking a lemon wedge or two that you would customarily get with water. I'm talking about getting a whole bowl of them.

Viking Kitten
4/29/2012, 01:34 PM

I wonder if she knows how lucky she is not to be working for such an uptight bunch of stiffs?

Jacie
4/29/2012, 01:37 PM
I wonder if she knows how lucky she is not to be working for such an uptight bunch of stiffs?

I don't know. Maybe you would like to have her work for you? Shall I forward your number?

Viking Kitten
4/29/2012, 01:43 PM
Sure! I guess you'll get right on that after you poop out that diamond that used to be a lump of coal in your butt.

Jacie
4/29/2012, 03:45 PM
Notes VK's location and thinks, "How appropriate."

Viking Kitten
4/29/2012, 03:56 PM
Notes Jacie's location and wonders if everyone in that town is a nitpicky, micromanaging control freak.

SicEmBaylor
4/29/2012, 03:58 PM
Notes Jacie's location and wonders if everyone in that town is a nitpicky, micromanaging control freak.

Yes, it's a yankee town.

Curly Bill
4/30/2012, 07:32 AM
Next time I go to a restaurant I'm just gonna order water, then ask em could they please bring me some tea bags, sugar, and a small propane stove.

olevetonahill
4/30/2012, 08:51 AM
Next time I go to a restaurant I'm just gonna order water, then ask em could they please bring me some tea bags, sugar, and a small propane stove.

Winnah
Ima do that also too.

Curly Bill
4/30/2012, 09:24 AM
Winnah
Ima do that also too.

I know! It's genius right? Why pay for tea when I don't have to? ;)

olevetonahill
4/30/2012, 09:54 AM
I know! It's genius right? Why pay for tea when I don't have to? ;)

Thats why YOU the Pistolero, You got all the brains in the out fit :unconscious:

Curly Bill
4/30/2012, 10:10 AM
Thats why YOU the Pistolero, You got all the brains in the out fit :unconscious:

And how Ima win that Nobel Peace Prize in 2015!

olevetonahill
4/30/2012, 10:17 AM
And how Ima win that Nobel Peace Prize in 2015!
Well there ya have it
Grats Bro Im so proud of ya

Curly Bill
4/30/2012, 10:21 AM
Well there ya have it
Grats Bro Im so proud of ya

Just trying to make the posse proud! :)

olevetonahill
4/30/2012, 10:23 AM
Just trying to make the posse proud! :)

And you doing a Dayum Fine jorb of it .
We gonna have ta throw ya a Celebration Party er sompun :unconscious: